[SOLVED]non broken Djvu pet sought...

Booting, installing, newbie
wibble

[SOLVED]non broken Djvu pet sought...

#1 Post by wibble »

:cry: Just want to view Djvu files Searched the package manager and all there is is some run-time support widget, that did nothing (surprise surprise) :roll: .

Found a package called djviewer but tried 3-4 different versions and none of them work (again surprise surprise) broken library's. now nothing shows up after install. :roll:

Package installer says that they are added to either document/utility . I check and there is nothing. :?

run it from command line and all i get is a love letter from linux telling me that the library is missing.

Does anyone have a working executable - that does not require links to broken library paths, that actually works the way its supposed to without wasting hours trying to do a simple task. :x

Am using macpup 550.
djview: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I check the dependency using the "tool" and it says that there are no missing lib's for this application....

if someone can recommend a live usb linux that has a standard implementation that will run on a system with 1gig of ram, with apt-get or a non-broken package utility then that would be fantastic.
Last edited by wibble on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Aboard 528, no problem with the browser plugin.

You wanna view files on your hard disk?

Gzip'n upload a sample file..

wibble

#3 Post by wibble »

Hey Semme,

[https://archive.org/stream/byte-magazin ... ories.djvu

I would like to view this collection of magazines on my computer, I have a highly unstable pdf viewer that causes macpup to crash more times than a zxspectrum + the size difference is why I want to use the djvu format over pdf lol.

[/url]

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

You mean with either FF or Seamonkey? Did you find the djview-plugin_4.9?

mikeb

#5 Post by mikeb »

if you are stuck I have working djvu on slax 6... i could convert the modules if you like

mike

wibble

#6 Post by wibble »

Hi, I couldn't find the add on for firefox, I guess its not compatible with my current version. *26.0.. and thats weird because I remember there was a add on for the previous versions... I would like a stand alone package.

Mike if you could fix it for me to get that viewer I would be really grateful.

I

mikeb

#7 Post by mikeb »

Ok sfs 4 and includes qt4 for the gui version (command line tools don't need it .)

If it fails blame precise :D
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/110545536/Puppy/DJVIEW_sfs4.sfs

mike

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

Not add-on, plugin.. :idea: PPM. For moi it's 34kb and might work on your box..

PS >> That page of yours requires Java!
Attachments
djvu_browser_plugin.jpg
(37.89 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
djview_prefs.jpg
(72.07 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

wibble

#9 Post by wibble »

Hey semme yea - I don't know what crazy thing must have happened when i copy pasted the link from archive.org lol. How bizare! Cheers for the assist.

Lets see if this works...

https://ia700806.us.archive.org/18/item ... _Maps.djvu

Thanks mike, works like a dream. :D Am now able to read byte magazines with great compression!

What I have been trying to do is put a minimal live usb system together that I can take with me to places without the internet with a bunch of documents, books, magazines, videos ect.

what with microsd cards being so cheap I just seem to use them like floppy disks lol.
Attachments
1979_05_BYTE_04-05_Computer_Generated_Maps_s.jpeg
ahhh years of programming gold... they just don't make flowcharts like that anymore.
(139.54 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Last edited by wibble on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 16:29, edited 3 times in total.

Semme

#10 Post by Semme »

MUCH better!
Attachments
bravo.jpg
(93.8 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

mikeb

#11 Post by mikeb »

No problem....
djvu is actually just html pages in a wrapper which does lend itself to a simple browser plugin

The gui is qt4 so a bit bulky but the command line tools are very handy and much smaller....great for making conversions to say pdf or extracting items and of course for making djvu files as well.

mike