Need OpenGL for Stellarium on LucidPup5 28

Booting, installing, newbie
Stevie Eye

#1 Post by Stevie Eye »

Hi!
I was an Ubuntu user since 2008 until recently (when the support ended) and I ditched 10.04 LTS for Mint 13 (LTS)/Mate, and couldn't be happier.
(For my relatively new hardware though)
I have a LOT of older/low-spec hardware (though I recently tossed my last 486 box, *sigh*), ranging from Pentium/133MHz and P2/450MHz through "modern" Atom processor machines (e.g. Asus Aspire One netbooks).
Obviously, Puppy is just the thing to make old/minimal hardware rock, (though Ubuntu 8.04 ran fine on a Celeron/650 MHz, but newer versions are slugs on that machine) so I'm getting ready to "Puppify" all of my old hardware. Many of the boxes go to friends & acquaintances who cannot afford computers.
I recently installed Precise Puppy(528) on a USB stick for the Aspire One and installation was as easy as it gets *smile*.

OK, now that you've sat through my introductory diatribe (thanks for being patient), I'll get to my question:
I've installed Stellarium (the fantastic astronomy program), but Puppy informed me it requires OpenGL to work, and that Puppy does not have OpenGL.
I Gluegled (sic) Puppy and OpenGL and have not been able to find anything concrete.
Is it possible to install OpenGL on Lucid Puppy 528, and if so, how do I go about it?
--Thanks
-Steve
--PS- In case it helps, I'm not afraid of the command line. I've been using computers on & off since DOS 2.0 (though I'm certainly no guru).

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Try installing Xorg_High-1.1-Lucid.pet,then running glxgears in a console.

aen

Open GL & Stellarium

#3 Post by aen »

Also, Stellarium SFS can be downloaded from the Quickpet PM get SFS tab. It works great and I do not recall having to install anything else.

bill

#4 Post by bill »

Just tinkering
Attachments
AboutXorgHigh1.jpg
(95.56 KiB) Downloaded 1169 times