BionicPup64: Startup Apps does not seem to work (SOLVED)

Booting, installing, newbie
UncleScrooge

BionicPup64: Startup Apps does not seem to work (SOLVED)

#1 Post by UncleScrooge »

Hello community,

I am trying to set some scripts to run at system startup.
I am using the Startup Manager GUI.

I add my scripts to the list, the splash green info pops ut saying that the app is being added to the startup list, it is also showing in the "Enabled apps" list, but... when I close the GUI and reopen in again the app has disappeared from the list, and in fact it does not starts at boot up.
my scrips are all *.sh executables

Any idea?

PS: is there some list somewhere that I can manually edit as s quick fix?

EDIT: I noticed that some ofl the other startup apps are in /usr/bin, although I include the whole path of my scripts in the Start Up GUI perhaps they have to be in the PATH?
Last edited by UncleScrooge on Fri 29 May 2020, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

foxpup

#2 Post by foxpup »

And there is /root/Startup/.
As well :shock: confusing

It may only work if jwm is your window manager (?)
Read the README, in case you want a script to run before X.

ozsouth

#3 Post by ozsouth »

Several options. A quick fix is to place them in /root/Startup. You can instead make a .desktop file for each script & place in /root/.config/autostart. That would refer to an executable in somewhere like /usr/local/bin. Also, could instead place scripts in /usr/local/bin & symlink them to /root/Startup. With these options, they will run every time the window manager is restarted. Other alternative is to place scripts in /etc/init.d, which will run earlier than above options & only on bootup - catch is scripts there can't rely on services which haven't yet started. Final option is to place them in/usr/local/bin & call them at the end of /usr/sbin/delayedrun. They will then be the last things to run on startup - after X has started.

foxpup

#4 Post by foxpup »

more confusion here :)

UncleScrooge

#5 Post by UncleScrooge »

thnx all

got it now