Bootflash combo - 128Mb vs 256Mb error - no warning message

Core libraries and systems
darkcity

Bootflash combo - 128Mb vs 256Mb error - no warning message

#1 Post by darkcity »

Using the Bootflash 'combo' option only worked with older version using 128Mb second partition size. (Another option beside 'combo' also uses a second partition of size 128Mb/256Mb for the system files.)

No warning when .iso is too big

Originally, I used the older Bootflash (in Slacko 5.31). I tried to use the latest Slacko .iso for the USB installation. However, as this Bootflash uses 128Mb for the second partition the .iso file is too big. However, no warning was given, meaning to took me a while to work out the problem.

USB boot error using combo option with newer 256Mb

I next tried a newer Bootflash version (in Slacko 5.93). This made a 256Mb second partition, large enough for latest Slacko .iso. However, trying to boot returned:

Code: Select all

HDD EBIOS
Boot error
Success using older Bootflash and Wary Barebones

I went back to the older Bootflash and used Wary Barebone .iso, as this is about 64Mb it fits in a second partition of 128Mb. This booted successfully on the same machine (Amilo Pro, Intel T2080, 1813Mb).

Is Bootflash part of WoofCE?

Reference links

Similar errors and problem (post)
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/BootFlash

jlst

#2 Post by jlst »

I think bootflash is broken in recent pups.. and i suspect it's been broken for a long time. Newer version of tools, etc. Bootflash itself was a modded version according to the help msg.

It failed all my tests recently