howto build a grand unified puppy

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Colonel Panic

#61 Post by Colonel Panic »

From what I've seen so far (though I've yet to try one of the really big Puppies), my ideal Puppy would be a combination of the standard Puppy 2 and Pizza Puppy. In other words, it would have two window managers, JWM and Ice WM (with switchability between the two), the SeaMonkey, Opera, Firefox and Dillo browsers and the Sylpheed e-mail program plus all the extra Pizza fonts to enhance the screen display. It would still load and run in 256 RAM.

For the console, I'd have the bash shell and the Midnight Commander file manager as standard, and I might add the excellent vim text editor as well as a good spell checker such as ispell or aspell to run from the console. That should be enough.

Pizzasgood

#62 Post by Pizzasgood »

plus all the extra Pizza fonts
Actually, I never touched the fonts when I made Pizzapup. Unless the GTK theme changed them, they should be the same as Puppy 2.12.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

john biles

#63 Post by john biles »

Hello Puppy lover ever where,
This post has been interesting to read.
To me Puppy allows us all to be creative, make Puppy want we want it to be. You want it small then make it small, you want a 2GB Puppy go for it enjoy!!
I look forward to trying all different versions of Puppy. I love seeing what user's do with their Puppy's. I seen some ugly Puppy desktops on this forum and thought "What tha" is this user blind or want. I also know that other user's are out there saying the same thing about my desktop. That's the beauty of Puppy, it does restrict you like other Distro's do. I love trying other Distro's and I always say after a short while, I've got to get back to Puppy.

Puppy is about having fun. If BarryK said I've had enough no more Puppy, I would happily continue using the version I had and I know it would still be giving me pleasure and usability for years to come.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Colonel Panic

#64 Post by Colonel Panic »

Pizzasgood wrote:
plus all the extra Pizza fonts
Actually, I never touched the fonts when I made Pizzapup. Unless the GTK theme changed them, they should be the same as Puppy 2.12.
That;s odd then, maybe I've got a display problem in standard Puppy.