4.00 keeps freezing up

Booting, installing, newbie
yim

#21 Post by yim »

has anyone figured out this freeze problem , I too am have the same problem, I too modified my mouse settings and it usually happens after moving the mouse

when I first installed dingo on this

Presario720US
1.1ghz Duron
256 ram
512 swap

it ran superb and wireless was a breeze
but now freezes randomly
I do occasionally notice high cpu usage

yim

Sit Heel Speak

#22 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I deleted 4.00-k2.6.21.7 (the standard .iso) within two days after first installing it, because of all the infuriating random total lockups requiring hitting the power button.

The experimental 4.00-k2.6.25-smp version has been stable for me, on both my P3 and P4 dual-cpu machines (the cpu's all run under 44 degrees C).

4.1-alpha-4 has also so far been stable, more stable than 4.1-alpha-3--replying here was a gamble in 4.1-alpha-3; as often as not, Seamonkey vanished while attempting to reply in 4.1-alpha-3; this problem seems to be resolved in 4.1-alpha-4.

bill

Freezing in Puppy 4 Dingo ?

#23 Post by bill »

Well I certainly can't argue with whatever others have experienced but on a cheapo Acer AST180-UA381B 3800+ AMD Athlon 1GB DDR2 ram ,Sata HD I have yet to experience any problems other than what I have done to myself. :( I did however experience a sound problem with Nvidia driven onboard sound chip ,which I disallowed in bios and plugged in a creative blaster live which got my problem with Ardour2 resolved.I can't tell you why,but in your cases "hardware acceleration" comes to mind with Intel based mobos I have had in the past.cheers