move DD threads here!

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
mavrothal

move DD threads here!

#1 Post by mavrothal »

Moderators,
please move all DD threads here till they really go back on the actual topic of DebianDog-and-friends development.
For several months now 3 developers fuelled/encouraged by the "evil" and the "happy" troll are fighting over Gosh knows what, shredding themselves and each-other.
And they are not even fun anymore :P They just do a disservice to their projects, puppy linux and this forum.
Hopefully a bit of "quite time" will put things in prospective for them.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

Moat

#2 Post by Moat »

Doubtful that a bit of "quiet time" would have any/much effect. OTOH, ban saintless = problem solved. Easy!

Bob

saintless

Re: move DD threads here!

#3 Post by saintless »

mavrothal wrote:They just do a disservice to their projects, puppy linux and this forum.
Hopefully a bit of "quite time" will put things in prospective for them.
Once to agree with you mavrothal.
I don't mind any of the threads started by me to be moved in this section. I've posted all of mine are community threads/projects now. If they don't get ontopic again there is no need to keep them in Puppy Projects/Puppy derivatives section. Still this should be a community decision. Maybe a poll with this question is a good idea.

Ban saintless is also an option but what is the ban for? Posting in the threads of DebianDog project my opinion about the project started by me? I'm not the one using insulting names Bob. I'm not the one who wants to shoot people or calls them "mean bastar'd" or smeghead. I already asked Flash to delete my account. William and Fred stopped him. Maybe they will give him green light now. You just have to ask them. I don't mind anything the community wants to do with my threads, project or account. I made my point and the project is open source licensed as I want it from the start. Nothing else matters for me.

Toni

Moat

Re: move DD threads here!

#4 Post by Moat »

saintless wrote: I'm not the one using insulting names Bob.
True. You are clever enough to insult and disrupt without name-calling. Attempting to hide behind "my opinion about the project" being a perfect example, right here. How clever.
saintless wrote:Nothing else matters for me.
Clearly a lie - otherwise you would have no reason to continually disrupt DD-related threads. Which is why you should be banned. Your intentions are quite obviously malevolent, and well above and beyond your "open source license" excuse.

And if you are simply unable to realize or understand how disruptive your posts are, that alone should be reason enough for you're being banned.

You are finally being called out, Toni - your game is up. Deal with it.

Bob

saintless

#5 Post by saintless »

Moat wrote:True. You are clever enough to insult and disrupt without name-calling.
Ok lets ban all clever enough people then.
Moat wrote:And if you are simply unable to realize or understand how disruptive your posts are, that alone should be reason enough for you're being banned.
And all unable to understand.
In both cases I'm gone. But what about you Bob? Where do you fit best using name-calling against other forum members and asking for ban?

Toni
Last edited by saintless on Sun 09 Jul 2017, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

mcewanw

#6 Post by mcewanw »

Strange thing for the first poster of this thread to ask. No comment except to say you should work on your own project interests and leave others alone rather than stirring-up rubbish, which is none of your business, with smug arrogant nonsense. Ha det bra.

William
github mcewanw

backi

#7 Post by backi »

hi moat !
OTOH, ban saintless = problem solved. Easy!
Would neither be easy nor a good idea IMHO........would be like maybe ,let me say,...... a call for excommunicating the pope .
Shooting one of the masterminds looks ugly and would not be a clever public relation stunt. It smells like mafia and contract killers .One can not make Toni disappear.......without leaving traces.
Think of all those young and innocent newcomer kids here reading this .Fear and loathing would spread faster than light ..

Thumbs down
P.S:
Excommunication:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excommunication
Last edited by backi on Sun 09 Jul 2017, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

rufwoof

#8 Post by rufwoof »

Moat wrote:Doubtful that a bit of "quiet time" would have any/much effect. OTOH, ban saintless = problem solved. Easy!
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 257#958257
mcewanw wrote:For users of DebianDog only.

Note that this is a maintenance thread for already existing Puppy Forum created DebianDogs only and not intended for major new developments.

saintless and anikin comments are not welcome and should not be responded to or even read. Please remind me if I forget.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 802#959802
mcewanw wrote:rufftwit:

This thread is on topic DebianDog-Jessie. Like I said in my above post get your twithead out of here and into Off-Topics or Twit forum area (which should be created for you to rant on in). Or try harder to get a girlfriend who can tolerate your pomposity. Or you need a hobby you can handle that will allow you to rant on and on to a wall which isn't listening to you. Or stick to FreeBSD forums - you get what you pay for, and they get you (I'm sorry for them)...

What's your real identity anyway? I'll kindly let anyone I know in the Industry so they can look out for you.
Matter of opinion who should be banned or not. Most boards wont tolerate any personal attacks, nor off topic threads (and its questionable IMO whether any of the Dogs should be exceptions). Anyone visiting the Puppy forums for deeper reading/understanding are more often being misdirected.

http://puppylinux.com/faq.html
Q: Is DebianDog considered as Puppy Linux?
A: No. The maintainer itself has said so. Further more it is not built from Woof-CE
Yes they might emulate Puppy to some extent, but they are not Puppy and Off Topic is the only place appropriate place for such (especially as non-registered/non-logged in visistors don't get to see that section).

mcewanw

#9 Post by mcewanw »

away and play with your FREEBSD rufftwit since you clearly haven't found the girlfriend yet.
github mcewanw

rufwoof

#10 Post by rufwoof »

mcewanw wrote:away and play with your FREEBSD rufftwit since you clearly haven't found the girlfriend yet.
:) It's a certainty that I've been vastly more successful in life than you wee-willy. Save your insults for your other targets as they are totally lost on me, other than being yet another example of why the Dog threads should be more out of sight from casual visitors who may be interested in Puppy Linux.

mcewanw

#11 Post by mcewanw »

My life is near perfect rufftwit - it could be difficult to imagine anyone having better. Good luck in your search.
github mcewanw

mavrothal

#12 Post by mavrothal »

Moderators,
comparing the posts above and the latest several pages in DD projects, clearly justify that they belong in this part of the forum (for now).
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

musher0

#13 Post by musher0 »

@ all word-fighters on this thread and elsewhere:

we have a Code of Conduct on this forum, It's old, it hasn't been updated
in 10 years and it's not well-advertised, BUT, we have one:
Code of conduct.

No name-calling. Moderators will decide what is and is not name-calling.
If you're personally insulting someone, that's name-calling.

No starting trouble with other members - Don't post just to start trouble
with another member. All posts are to be "real" topics.

No gratuitous sarcasm / innuendos - If you don't have an intelligent reply
to a topic, don't respond. If someone doesn't agree with you, don't get
sarcastic, don't call names. Give a logical response.

We reserve the right, at our full discretion, to remove any postings at any
time and without notice to you if we deem them to be not in the best
interests of the general visitor. Mostly we will delete the whole string rather
than make value judgements about various individual messages within the
subject string.

You agree not to post any intimidating, racist, abusive, obscene, vulgar,
slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material
that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being
immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being
informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these
conditions. You agree that the web master, administrator and moderators
of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any
time should they see fit, and without prior notice or explanation.
Source: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... ost#240324
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Moat

#14 Post by Moat »

Hi backi!
backi wrote:...would be like maybe ,let me say,...... a call for excommunicating the pope
The Pope?! :lol: How about Hitler? :shock: (a super-stretch, I know - but...) Much great technical innovation came out of Germany during Hitler's rise - but did that excuse his behavior and devious intent? No. He was "removed", and Germany/the rest of humanity was a far better place because of it. Lesson there...

Honestly, I'm as milquetoast, modest, quiet a "wallflower" human as anyone would ever likely meet, and rarely - if ever - speak up about such things as brought up in this thread. But I find this guy's deceptive, feather-ruffling behavior so repulsive that I feel I have to say something, at least. I'm so very surprised that the Puppy community has let him get away with this for as long as he has. :?:

As well, I do think XenialDog is great and, frankly, confess to have a selfish, hopeful interest in seeing Fred, William and all others freed from this incessant pestering so as they can get on with their excellent work and efforts with the project(s). 8)

All a selfish motivation! :wink:

Bob

backi

#15 Post by backi »

Hi !

It`s O.K. moat no need to justify yourself ........
I hope you are wrong .
But no one can stop you from having this opinion.

It is up to Toni to ask himself why people do see him this way .Independently from if they are right or wrong .
I see it a bit different .
it `s not easy....there are a lot of misunderstandings ....

Here we are different temperaments and characters .......
I just wanna plea for- let`s come back to our senses- stop demonizing each other and learn to be honest without loosing respect and temper.... and mostly learn to forgive each other .We should never give up .
Nobody is perfect , just sometimes fail while trying it .

As far as i understood there is meanwhile some (positive ) agreement between fred and Toni. Not only just some ceasefire .....(i hope i did understood this correctly ).
Seems it is not really recognized in the public view .
This " conflict/war " is a just some kind of (bad) dream/hallucination we should wake up from .

dancytron

#16 Post by dancytron »

Put me down for banning Saintless. A couple months ago I'd have agreed with Backi that he deserved another chance, but it is obvious that he is unrepentant and will not change.

It doesn't matter how brilliant his original contributions are (and they were brilliant, there is no disputing that). He is intentionally disrupting this board and trying to kill this project.

I've been following this effort since the beginning with sickgut. It is sad what it has come to.

I can't imagine any other board where they would put up with this constant trolling from anyone, no matter what their prior contributions were.

saintless

#17 Post by saintless »

backi wrote:As far as i understood there is meanwhile some (positive ) agreement between fred and Toni. Not only just some ceasefire .....(i hope i did understood this correctly ).
Seems it is not really recognized in the public view .
It is recognized in the public.
All is here and the previous few pages:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 955#959955
I did the licensing instead Fred after he finaly asked for piece himself. But I did the "huge crime" to speak with anikin without anger and I even called him a contributor to the project.
Fred and William got mad and you see the result for William. Pity indeed.
Dan also helped a lot this time for the madness with his offtopic GPL comment.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 086#960086
William is lost forever after this comment.
But the result for the project is very positive. Anyone can fork DebianDog, MintPup, XenialDog and work on them as see fit now. No more dictator rules in the project ;)
Me or Fred or William - we are not important anymore for the project future.

Toni

fredx181

#18 Post by fredx181 »

ignore...

backi

#19 Post by backi »

Hi Toni !
No more dictator rules in the project
Schools out forever ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oo8QzDHimQ

There has never been any dictator .......not as far i can see .just different point of views ......why not .
Me or Fred or William - we are not important anymore for the project future.
Reached Nirvana ?.....lost in Space ?
What do you expect to hear ?
But I did the "huge crime" to speak with anikin without anger and I even called him a contributor to the project.
Fred and William got mad and you see the result for William. Pity indeed.
Maybe self-pity .

Who cares if Fred or William get mad ,who cares if anikin or anybody else talks nonsense ...let them get mad ;let them talk nonsense....you are a grown up person (or are`nt you ) ......you can talk to whom ever you want .....with or without anger .What`s the point .Not real news .This is cold, cold coffee....
I said ...he said ....i did ...he did..

Seems you are suffering from masochistic tendencies .
Seems the torture never stops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdbtZqEyE7U
Hope you are getting better soon .

rufwoof

#20 Post by rufwoof »

Hi Backi

Perhaps in order to move forward the Dog's should be renamed ... how about Bitch instead. Debian warn about making FrankenDebian's https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian ... nkenDebian Combined ... FrankenBitch would appear to be a apt choice of name. Searching around for conflicts of naming and ... “[url=http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2316 ... nken-bitch]Franken Bitch
Attachments
frankenbitch.jpg
(12.96 KiB) Downloaded 137 times