Your feelings and ideas concerning President Trump

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
rokytnji

#241 Post by rokytnji »

Sorry, rokytnji, but I did not understand that reply.
Totally understandable. It is my sick funny way to show that certain Nordic people did not learn anything from the right wing invasion of Poland back in the last 60 plus years.
Took a lot of money and suffering to fix that right wing decision.

Right wing populism in action can have deadly consequences. As history current events shows.
Left wing populism does not have a history like this.
Stalin, Pol Pot, North Korea, just to name a few.

Leave Germany and travel over seas to like Subic Bay and brag about being a right winger then. They elected a right wing administration. They are going down economically
and socially. Most societies under a right wing govt. get oppressed eventually.

History bears this out.

Just answering your question in graphics with a bit of humor. Because slowly but surely.
I am becoming apolitical on this forum.

I am disappointed in a lot of Puppy users here. Not hate. Just not my cup of tea.
I can't hang with people that live by the word "No".

belham2

#242 Post by belham2 »

rokytnji wrote:
Sorry, rokytnji, but I did not understand that reply.
Totally understandable. It is my sick funny way to show that certain Nordic people did not learn anything from the right wing invasion of Poland back in the last 60 plus years.
Took a lot of money and suffering to fix that right wing decision.

Right wing populism in action can have deadly consequences. As history current events shows.
Left wing populism does not have a history like this.
Stalin, Pol Pot, North Korea, just to name a few.

Leave Germany and travel over seas to like Subic Bay and brag about being a right winger then. They elected a right wing administration. They are going down economically
and socially. Most societies under a right wing govt. get oppressed eventually.

History bears this out.

Just answering your question in graphics with a bit of humor. Because slowly but surely.
I am becoming apolitical on this forum.

I am disappointed in a lot of Puppy users here. Not hate. Just not my cup of tea.
I can't hang with people that live by the word "No".
+1
What's the saddest to me here is seeing displayed by some the inability to center their thoughts and thus look at things from both sides of the table. This ability has no distinction as to what political affliliation one is. When a society's people, especially the most vocal, lose this 'centering force', they become destructive, polarizing, and divisive. Then, what you begin to see at the top of pile is thus duly reflected all throughout it, regardless.

Being a lifelong Republican, and having lived in numerous regions and countries throughout the world for over 3 decades now, I am saddened by this inability or refusal of many currently in the United States to "center their thoughts". I want to reach out to them, to scream and shake them, asking do they truly understand what they are embracing. Around the world, a behavior as they are increasingly displaying, as has been time immemorial shown to be any declining society's first stepping stone to eventual downfall. What's worse about this is it is self-infllicted, almost zealously so. And, contrary to what they think, it has nothing to do with "over there is yours" and "here is mine". It only has to do with the sheer force of a self-inflicted ignorance---an ignorance born of never knowing anything other than the pampered nation they & I grew up in.

This inability to see outside of one's own centering is a fact, a sad fact, occurring today. I watch in horror as many yell they've been taken advantage by others for too long and are not going to take it anymore. Their sense of being wronged and now their sense of being right, is as Alexis de Tocqueville so brilliantly pointed out many years ago, the stuff of misplaced truths. What is even more worrisome, is that without Google or a library, 99,9% of these people wouldn't even know one thing about someone like Tocqueville (or many others), who without dispute to any pointed to the very nature that makes the United States the incredible nation that it is or, maybe now---alas----was. One of Toque's most famous quotes has come back to haunt us:

"The American Republic will endure until the day a Congress (or i.e. President) discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

rokytnji

#243 Post by rokytnji »

Yeah. The leader of the luftwaffe. Hermann Goering. Had a good brain/sharp mind, on how to manipulate so called good folks also.

I'm old as the hills and twice as dusty.
But tough as nails and never rusty. :wink:

Edit: I wonder if Hermann learned that from this dude.

rokytnji

#244 Post by rokytnji »

Meh, if history is irrelevant to you. Here is more recent quotes.

But Will Rogers had a way of blowing out the bulls eye on a target with his wit. For you EU guys. He was actually elected into the American Congress.

perdido

#245 Post by perdido »

A busy first month for the new president. More at link.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... can-people

President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering the United States to withdraw from the
Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement.

President Trump has required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.

President Trump put in place a hiring freeze for Federal civilian employees to stop the growth of a bloated government.

President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.

President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering that all new pipeline construction and repair work use
materials and equipment from the United States.

President Trump signed an Executive Order to enhance the safety and security of the United States by, among
other things, constructing a wall on the southern border.

President Trump signed an Executive Order to make sure Federal immigration laws are faithfully enforced
throughout the country and that Americans’ tax dollars do not go to jurisdictions that obstruct the enforcement
of immigration laws.

President Trump signed an Executive Order that re-focuses the Federal Government’s energy and resources on
dismantling transnational criminal organizations, such as drug cartels.

President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing new ethics commitments for all Executive branch appointees,
putting in place a five-year lobbying ban and a permanent ban on lobbying for foreign governments, so appointees serve
the American people instead of their own interests.

corvus

My personal ideas concerning President Trump

#246 Post by corvus »

The fact that he was elected in spite of everything was contrary to his election is a great lesson of democracy and the American people is definitely an example to follow. Nevertheless the actual signing of musher0 fully expresses what I think.
[b]We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.[/b]

bark_bark_bark

#247 Post by bark_bark_bark »

perdido wrote:President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
I don't know why you seem to think it's a good thing, because that is just simply bad

musher0

#248 Post by musher0 »

@perdido:

If I may ask:
What's the difference between a Presidential Memorandum and an Executive Order?

TIA.

@corvus:

Glad you noticed! ;)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

rokytnji

#249 Post by rokytnji »

bark_bark_bark wrote:
perdido wrote:President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
I don't know why you seem to think it's a good thing, because that is just simply bad
Some folks like to revel in the fact and enjoy and celebrate when others are not being decent human beings.

Like making the head of epa the guy suing the epa.
Like making one who never sent her kids to public school the head of education.

I see certain members that fit this description on this forum now. Reveling in the fact
we are going backwards to the bush era.
President Trump signed an Executive Order to enhance the safety and security of the United States by, among
other things, constructing a wall on the southern border.
Just another waste of tax money. Like the Iraqi war.
President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to block the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule
Last edited by rokytnji on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

musher0

#250 Post by musher0 »

bark_bark_bark wrote:
Hi bark_bark_bark.

Well, one may be the greatest ecologist, but the reality remains that very few
industries in the world at this time can do without oil.

Wind-turbine generators are too noisy, solar receptors are not efficient enough. Also
electric cars can only go +/- 350 km on a battery charge and recharging it can take
hours.

As an ecologist, I can live with that decision as an interim solution, because
entire conversion to, say, solar power, will take decades. What do we do in the
meantime?

As a Canadian, I'm sort of happy about it because it will restart the tar sands
industry in our province of Alberta, giving the people and companies there much-
needed jobs and outlet. Especially after the hellish forest fire last May that razed
parts of Fort McMurray, the HQ of our tar sands industry.

BFN.
Last edited by musher0 on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 19:42, edited 3 times in total.

perdido

#251 Post by perdido »

musher0 wrote:@perdido:

If I may ask:

Executive order is a temporary law/directive not implemented through congressional approval. It can be undone at any time
by the executive branch, so is temporary.

The memorandum is more of a policy implementation, not a law. The prior administration often used memorandum to bypass
enforcement of laws they did not agree with when the laws stood no chance of being changed.

Those explanations are just my simplistic understanding, certainly there is more to each.

musher0

#252 Post by musher0 »

perdido wrote:

If I may ask:
Executive order is a temporary law/directive not implemented through congressional approval. It can be undone at any time

The memorandum is more of a policy implementation, not a law. The prior administration often used memorandum to bypass
enforcement of laws they did not agree with when the laws stood no chance of being changed.

Those explanations are just my simplistic understanding, certainly there is more to each..
Thanks.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

rokytnji

#253 Post by rokytnji »

Yeah, tidal generators are so inefficient. America and Canada <ok one plant> are some of the few countries not using them. Even though there are other countries in the world supplying their countries solely on tidal generators.

http://www.power-technology.com/feature ... s-4211218/

perdido

#254 Post by perdido »

musher0 wrote:
perdido wrote:

If I may ask:

Those explanations are just my simplistic understanding, certainly there is more to each..
Thanks.
Looks like they both have the authority of a law
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /96979014/

LazY Puppy

#255 Post by LazY Puppy »

The menace in Germany/Europe is not imaginary. The hobgoblins menacing Germany/Europe aren't imaginary.

The last imaginary hobgoblins who'd imaginary menacing the peaceful lives and innocent people in Germany, I had seen on surveillance cameras of underground stations in e.g. Berlin.

They kicked a younger girl into her back while she was stepping downstairs to the underground station. Next time two Guys pushed down a man while stepping down to the underground station. Both, the girl an the man had been seriously harmed after the attack by those imaginary hobgoblins.

Another case is seven younger refugees from Syria (6) and Libya (1) tried to burn a homeless man (aged 37), sleeping on a bench in underground station. Fortunately passersby discovered the fire and cleared the fire.

This is only a very few examples of imaginary hobgoblins actually menacing peaceful and innocent people in Germany. And there's similar attacks day after day, each day in Germany. Though, usually they don't find their way into the big media / big news, but they are pretty well reported in local media / local news.

Actually we have thousands of those imaginary hobgoblins in Germany, using fake ID's. Almost all of them do own a smart-phone. Almost all of those smart-phones are containing information to prove the true ID of those imaginary hobgoblin. Though, we the Germans are not allowed to have a look into that data to prove if there's a right for Asylum to the specific guy or if there's not a right for Asylum.

I want my government to have a look into that data. This -from the point of view of a sick leftie- turns me into a Racist, Fascist, Nazi. Of course: NOT imaginary.

However, I'm NOT!
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

bark_bark_bark

#256 Post by bark_bark_bark »

rokytnji wrote:Funniest most dumbass thing I find in all of this.

Right Wingers yell about less govt. While enacting a more controlling govt. over it's citizens.
This is so true

Galbi

#257 Post by Galbi »

Twitter:
#lastnightinsweden
:oops:
Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

bark_bark_bark

#258 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Galbi wrote:Twitter:
#lastnightinsweden
:oops:
Trump supporters will believe any lie he tells really.

rokytnji

#259 Post by rokytnji »

I quit.
No no no no.

I admit I am tough on bullies. I and my family were decimated in the last world war.
So my attitude shows from that.

So a few immigrants make the local paper. You wanna condemn a whole culture, kids, women? Because of personal affronts?

I fist fight Mexicans on the street in my town. In front of my house. Because of being blamed
for right wing whitey attitudes. Then I go buy some gummi bears for a little poor mexican
girl in the dollar store. Because mom is on the texas welfare card and probably a wetback.

Edit: My town was segregated until recently. The 1980's in fact.

I cannot be a bitter old coot because evil exists in the world. I just deal with everything on a moment by moment basis. So don't quit.

I know you take folks in and are a good soul. So don't let the evilness twist your soul.
Be like a man and identify evil when you see it. But don't blame everyone everywhere
for the actions of a few.

All this has been done before. It never ends well for no one.

musher0

#260 Post by musher0 »

Euh... Nice post, rokytnji. I probably shouldn't ask, but... who's quitting?
(Don't tell if it'll break the confidence [or however you say that in English].)
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~