cups web interface problem

Using applications, configuring, problems
morgonzola

cups web interface problem

#1 Post by morgonzola »

hi there im using pupeee 4.4 beta2 and i just loaded the printer scanner sfs. however when i try to configure cups, it opens the web interface in midori and then hangs. it will won't go anywhere except for the home page. Is this because i am on a public network and it can not use the normal port because it is being blocked? if this is the case how can i get it to go through another port.
I already tried adding Listen 0.0.0.0:631 to the cupsd.conf but that did not seem to work. Should i do a portscan and determine what port is open on the network i am accessing and make it listen on that port?

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

I tested Puppeee 4.4 RC2 and printing worked correctly.

The behaviour you are describing occasionally occurs in other Puppies when you install some unapproved SFS/PET/DEB package that corrupts the Puppy file system.

Do a clean boot using the "pfix=ram" option so you are not using your current save file or any add-ons. See if you can duplicate the problem.

morgonzola

#3 Post by morgonzola »

huh that's weird i did a clean boot and was fine. is there any way to tell what exactly is getting corrupted when i use it with a save file?

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

morgonzola wrote:huh that's weird i did a clean boot and was fine. is there any way to tell what exactly is getting corrupted when i use it with a save file?
Not really. Just start adding packages back in and check CUPS each time.