The Official Release of Lucid 5.25 (Lucid Five Twenty-Five)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
playdayz

#61 Post by playdayz »

What does the nosmp take away?
smp means "symmetric multi processor" or something like that. nosmp means only use one "core" so if you have a single core processor it doesn't take away anything at all.

playdayz

#62 Post by playdayz »

I'm using openssl-1.0.0d-w-20110209 without problems; needed it for TOR, but sylpheed and gftp is working.
You installed the pet, I am assuming. Have you tried to use the ssh2 mode in gftp? That's where it failed for me. Sometimes I have found that installing a pet does not give the same results as building it in from scratch, but this gives me an idea to try. Thanks.

Yes. When installing the pet, libcrypto 0.9.8 i still there, in addition to libcrypto 1.0.0, but libcrypto is too big to have both.

playdayz

#63 Post by playdayz »

hi playdaze, in lupu 520 when copying files, the 'quiet' option did not work. Forcing you to click multiple times to overwrite stuff. Is it possible to fix this in luci251?
Yes. It has been this way for a while at least. Does anyone know how to change it?

playdayz

#64 Post by playdayz »

Using the fontwizard.pet in 251
from Lucid news
http://www.diddywahdiddy.net/LupuNews/index2.html

turning all the options on
it seems to make my fonts flicker when viewed close up
does it offer improvements for LCD users or eyestrain?
Some people have reported that it does offer improvements. I have not tested.

runtt21

#65 Post by runtt21 »

playdayz wrote:
hi playdaze, in lupu 520 when copying files, the 'quiet' option did not work. Forcing you to click multiple times to overwrite stuff. Is it possible to fix this in luci251?
Yes. It has been this way for a while at least. Does anyone know how to change it?
This is really a safety feature just to make sure your overwriting what you want overwritten.

playdayz

#66 Post by playdayz »

runtt21 wrote:
playdayz wrote:
This is really a safety feature just to make sure your overwriting what you want overwritten.
That had been my assumption. Thanks.

playdayz

#67 Post by playdayz »

Changing virtual desktops in JWM fails in Luci-251.

For JWM-500, the Desktops tag in jwmrc.personal has changed to a new width/height format, such as:
Code:
<Desktops width="x" height="y"/>
OK. With this change it is possible to change virtual desktops in jwm I will ask 01micko for his changes. Thanks.
Last edited by playdayz on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

jpeps

#68 Post by jpeps »

playdayz wrote:
I'm using openssl-1.0.0d-w-20110209 without problems; needed it for TOR, but sylpheed and gftp is working.
You installed the pet, I am assuming. Have you tried to use the ssh2 mode in gftp? That's where it failed for me. Sometimes I have found that installing a pet does not give the same results as building it in from scratch, but this gives me an idea to try. Thanks.

Yes. When installing the pet, libcrypto 0.9.8 i still there, in addition to libcrypto 1.0.0, but libcrypto is too big to have both.
Linking 0.9.8 to 1.0.0 works for me. ssh2 option for gftp doesn't seem to work with either version..probably requires its own program, which I haven't bothered to set up.

playdayz

#69 Post by playdayz »

Linking 0.9.8 to 1.0.0 works for me. ssh2 option for gftp doesn't seem to work with either version..
No. I use ssh2 all the time to upload to ibiblio. ssh2 requires a server that uses that protocol and I do not know another besides ibiblio. The symlink does work for Sylpheed.

yarddog

Luci 251 - The Most Leading-Edge Lucid Ever

#70 Post by yarddog »

downloaded iso from link on page one - iso supposed to be 128mb
when completed onlly had 120mb - problem somewhere
d/l again using wget and got full 128mb

booted live cd using default parameters - sound ok - internet connection did not auto config as previous versions did

would it be possible to get delta files on these versions - using dialup is a pain - delta files would simplify creating new iso

thanks

yarddog

jpeps

#71 Post by jpeps »

playdayz wrote:
Linking 0.9.8 to 1.0.0 works for me. ssh2 option for gftp doesn't seem to work with either version..
No. I use ssh2 all the time to upload to ibiblio. ssh2 requires a server that uses that protocol and I do not know another besides ibiblio. The symlink does work for Sylpheed.
Worked fine connecting to ibiblio using the symlink with gftp ssh2.

playdayz

#72 Post by playdayz »

jpeps wrote:
playdayz wrote:
Worked fine connecting to ibiblio using the symlink with gftp ssh2.
Please look in /lib and see if you have libcrypto-0.8.9?

playdayz

#73 Post by playdayz »

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... -Lucid.pet
Here's FF 4.0b12. The Home button is gone! Or at least I cannot find it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lobster, You correspond with Joe Wing, am I right? Could you call his attention to this if it is convenient?

In luci-251 which is a development release towards Lucid Puppy 5.2.1, we are using gnome-mplayer 1.0.0. In Openbox, all of the full-screen controls work correctly, the icon in the lower right corner, F on the keyboard, and Full Screen from the menu. However in both jwm493 and jwm-500, the full screen controls do not work correctly. Usually any of the full screen controls just move the same size gnome-mplayer window to the upper left corner of the screen. In lucid 5.1.1 gnome-mplayer 0.9.6 worked correctly with jwm, so we used that instead of 0.9.9.2 which worked correctly with Openbox but not with jwm. This time we would like to use the latest gnome-mplayer since it is a 1.0 release. We can put gnome-mplayer 0.9.6 in the Puppy Package Manager for those who want to use it with jwm, but maybe there is some simple fix that will occur to Joe. Thank you.

666philb

#74 Post by 666philb »

runtt21 wrote:
playdayz wrote:
the normal copy has that option. the quiet button is surely for bypassing this, if i want to merge two large directorys,.. and they share 500 files the same. Without the quiet option, i would have to click 500 times!!!!!!! That's not very safe for my mouse, or my finger.

I had quick test in puppy 4.3.1 and lighthouse and it's not working there either. It works for deleting but not overwriting ....I must have dreamed that it used to work :)
aah well

666philb
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Jim1911

#75 Post by Jim1911 »

playdayz wrote:Luci-251 is the most leading-edge Lucid ever. It is posted int he first message of this thread.

We are well on the way to Lucid 5.2.1. Please test..
I agree, it's working great with my frugal installation. :lol:

Cheers,
Jim
Favorites: [url=http://lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm]Lighthouse 64[/url] and [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=65136]Lucid[/url] + [url=http://www.theword.net/]theWord[/url]

tubeguy

#76 Post by tubeguy »

So far so good, fresh frugal install on the lappie.

Gimp, java, wine and devx living happily together in sfs-land.

Aqualung needed libmpcdec3_1.2.2-2.1ubuntu1_i386.deb.

glxgears 280, as good as I can expect, even after installing Xorg_High-1.1-Lucid.pet and xf86-video-trident-1.3.3-i486.pet.

As the kids say, mad respect and big ups!

Edit: No default chat client I could find- installed Pidgin 2.7.10 from QuickPet and it became default.chat.
Attachments
tubetop22611.jpg
(98.41 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
tubetop22611smaller.jpg
(45.08 KiB) Downloaded 1687 times
Last edited by tubeguy on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

bigpup

#77 Post by bigpup »

666philb wrote:
runtt21 wrote:
playdayz wrote: Yes. It has been this way for a while at least. Does anyone know how to change it?
the normal copy has that option. the quiet button is surely for bypassing this, if i want to merge two large directorys,.. and they share 500 files the same. Without the quiet option, i would have to click 500 times!!!!!!! That's not very safe for my mouse, or my finger.

I had quick test in puppy 4.3.1 and lighthouse and it's not working there either. It works for deleting but not overwriting ....I must have dreamed that it used to work :)
aah well

666philb
Here is a patch for an older version of Rox Filer that is suppose to make it auto overwrite if file is newer.
May be able to look at what was done and get idea on how to change
Rox Filer Options.xml
http://www.kerofin.demon.co.uk/rox/patc ... .2.0.patch

Options.xml
is in /usr/local/apps/rox-filer

01micko

#78 Post by 01micko »

You can use this version of jwm config and your virtual desktops will be fixed
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... 29-bk1.pet

I'm not sure why gnome-mplayer still refuses to play nice with jwm. Joe has integrated Patriot's fullscreen patch into the main code. I got it going ok in spup. Also stellarium-0.10.6 is fine in spup, haven't checked in luci-251 yet.

The openssl upgrade also affects wget.

Code: Select all

wget: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
wget: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
--2011-02-27 09:45:56--  http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/Firefox-4.0b8-Lucid.pet
Resolving mirror.aarnet.edu.au... 202.158.214.106
Connecting to mirror.aarnet.edu.au|202.158.214.106|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 19146351 (18M) [text/plain]
Saving to: `/tmp/Firefox-4.0b8-Lucid.pet'
although it still works.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

jpeps

#79 Post by jpeps »

playdayz wrote:
Please look in /lib and see if you have libcrypto-0.8.9?
see the problem :( Neither sylpheed nor gftp even look in /usr/lib

jpeps

#80 Post by jpeps »

01micko wrote:
The openssl upgrade also affects wget.

Code: Select all

wget: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
wget: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by wget)
although it still works.
appears to be a well documented nuisance