Gnumeric: Formatting Cells [SOLVED]

Please post any bugs you have found
Archie

Gnumeric: Formatting Cells [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Archie »

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or something else specific. But when I edit a .gnumeric file that I've saved from a .ods on 2.15 CE and tried to format a range of cells, Gnumeric just crash.

I ran Gnumeric on sh and the following are the output of the crash:

Code: Select all

sh-3.00# gnumeric my-documents/Papers/chi-2008-oral-exams.gnumeric 
Reading file:///root/my-documents/Papers/chi-2008-oral-exams.gnumeric

(gnumeric:9487): libglade-WARNING **: could not find glade file '/usr/local/Gnumeric-1.8.2/share/goffice/0.6.2/glade/go-rotation-sel.glade'

(gnumeric:9487): libglade-WARNING **: could not find glade file '/usr/local/Gnumeric-1.8.2/share/goffice/0.6.2/glade/go-format-sel.glade'

** (gnumeric:9487): CRITICAL **: go_combo_text_set_text: assertion `IS_GO_COMBO_TEXT (ct)' failed

(gnumeric:9487): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_get_selection: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

(gnumeric:9487): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_selection_select_path: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_SELECTION (selection)' failed

(gnumeric:9487): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
Segmentation fault
I am not a programmer and have no clue to what all those mean, so if there's anyone who could explain/elaborate these would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll be using OOO Calc on PCLinuxOS when working on my spreadsheets.
Last edited by Archie on Mon 23 Jun 2008, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Is this with any .gnumeric file saved from .ods?

Which version of Gnumeric?

It would be good if you could either test with the latest Gnumeric, or send the offending spreadsheet to someone else so they can. If it is still a bug, it should definitely be reported.

But - you've saved from .ods using openoffice, haven't you? So the bug could be in openoffice, not Gnumeric, so I guess we should test with the latest OOo also.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Archie

#3 Post by Archie »

disciple wrote:Is this with any .gnumeric file saved from .ods?

Which version of Gnumeric?

It would be good if you could either test with the latest Gnumeric, or send the offending spreadsheet to someone else so they can. If it is still a bug, it should definitely be reported.

But - you've saved from .ods using openoffice, haven't you? So the bug could be in openoffice, not Gnumeric, so I guess we should test with the latest OOo also.
@disciple, thank you for your interest and suggestion. The files were originally .ods and I am able to open them without issues on 2.15 CE's Gnumeric. As a matter of fact, I used the 2.15 CE version of Gnumeric to SaveAs the files to .gnumeric so I am able to open them on TigerPup's version of the app.

It may also be informative to add that on 2.15's version of Gnumeric, I am able to open .xls as well but not on TigerPup's version.

I am not on TigerPup at the moment but I will provide more careful details about this issue.

Regards.

disciple

#4 Post by disciple »

Sorry - I thought 2.15CE had openoffice.
Are you saying you have a second problem, which is that Tigerpup doesn't open .xls or .ods, but 2.15CE does?
I think .xls and .ods support are provided by plugins, so maybe Tigerpup doesn't include the gnumeric plugins.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Archie

#5 Post by Archie »

disciple wrote:Sorry - I thought 2.15CE had openoffice.
Are you saying you have a second problem, which is that Tigerpup doesn't open .xls or .ods, but 2.15CE does?
I think .xls and .ods support are provided by plugins, so maybe Tigerpup doesn't include the gnumeric plugins.
Yes, that is what I was trying to convey. It might well be issues with plugins/libraries as I really cannot make out the error messages I posted above.

disciple

#6 Post by disciple »

The problem in your first post won't be though.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Archie

#7 Post by Archie »

At the moment, I am more concerned with the subject of this thread and why Gnumeric crashes. Apparently, /usr/local/Gnumeric-1.8.2/share/goffice/0.6.2/ does not exist on my tree structure but have /usr/local/Gnumeric-1.8.2/share/gnumeric/1.8.2/glade instead. However, the above mentioned glade files are somewhere else at /usr/share/goffice/0.6.2/glade/.

I was able to locate the first two missing files, and have created a symlink to these at /usr/local/Gnumeric-1.8.2/share/gnumeric/1.8.2/glade/ and I'll see how that does in the Format --> Cells.

Archie

#8 Post by Archie »

I think I might have a temporary fix for this issue.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=30652

If there are anyone experiencing the same/similar issue, kindly confirm if the fix worked for you. Thanks.