Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Pmetatagger-2.1 - a gtkdialog audio meta tagger
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 3 of 6 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
plinej

PostPosted: Tue 18 Dec 2007, 14:45    Post_subject:  

apetag seems to work fine with shorten (.shn) format as well. I'll experiment with some other file types to see what else works.

It appears that id3 version 1 tags work with shorten and ape as well. id3 version 2 tags corrupt the files though.

It's too bad these programs can't read the other's tag. This will make it harder because I could be using apetag to read a tag when id3tag was used to create it (or vice versa). I may have to try to read a tag with id3info first and if no results try the other program.

I'm assuming maybe id3v1 tags via id3tag may be writable to many more file formats. I'll try it on other formats like wma. Looks like some more restructuring to my code needs to be done.

It appears that flac files accept apetag & id3tags w/o overwriting metaflac's tags. The track is still playable in mplayer but now it can't be decoded. Looks like I'll need to check that with the other formats too.
plinej

PostPosted: Tue 18 Dec 2007, 19:42    Post_subject:  

It seems that version 1 tags can be written to every file format I tried. Version 2 tags seem to corrupt everything except mp3. Flac files were corrupted with apetag, id3tag, & mp3info. I think I'll make the program so the user can choose which program to tag their files with.
plinej

PostPosted: Thu 20 Dec 2007, 18:02    Post_subject:  

1.0 is now up

I added a help file, and restructured the code quite a bit this time.
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 28 Dec 2007, 21:56    Post_subject:  

updated to 1.1

A small bugfix. I noticed when a mp4/m4a (itunes type audio) file was selected and AtomicParsley was not installed it still showed up in the taggers to be selected. Now it won't.
disciple

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2008, 20:47    Post_subject:  

When I select a file it just says all the operations are finished or something like that, instead of showing me the tagging window. It doesn't say anything helpful in the terminal.
The problem could be that I have a very old puppy, and I have easytag anyway, so I don't actually need it to work, but is there any way to debug?
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2008, 22:30    Post_subject:  

Do you have either id3info, mp3info, or apetag in your $PATH? Otherwise I'm not quite sure why it would do that. What happens if you do this from the command line:

# pmetatagger /path/to/audio/file -dumptag
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2008, 23:00    Post_subject:  

Disregard that. Thanks for the feedback, I see I did somehow break the individual file loading. It seems to work okay when loading a directory or choosing to open a file with pmetatagger in a file manager but loading a single file from the gui is broken. I'll post a new version soon.
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2008, 23:22    Post_subject:  

1.2 is now posted.

This fixes 2 bugs. The bug reported by disciple should be resolved and also a bug that caused the gui not to start sometimes due to a temp file not being written properly.
disciple

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan 2008, 03:33    Post_subject:  

Do you think it would be possible for it to edit exif data in photos with jhead?
plinej

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan 2008, 06:34    Post_subject:  

It should be fairly simple to create a gui to do that. I don't know if I'd add it to the code of pmetatagger though. I've never used jhead before but I'll take a look at it and see if I can throw a little gui together for it.
plinej

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan 2008, 19:31    Post_subject:  

Alright, I've got the code into pmetatagger to support jpg/jpeg files if jhead is in your $PATH. Do you want it there just so you can view the Exif data? The only thing you can really edit is the Exif Date/Time right? I'll also add the ability to use the Exif data on another jpeg file on your file. I could also add checkboxes to strip Comments field, Exif section, IPTC section, & non-image sections. Since I really wouldn't use pmetatagger for this function, is there anything I'm missing?
disciple

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan 2008, 16:57    Post_subject:  

It can also edit JPEG (not exif) comments.
Sorry - I didn't look at it carefully. When I was looking at it I was basically just interested in the JPEG thumbnails, then I had this bright idea the other day, wrongly assuming that if it could replace exif thumbnails it must be able to replace other exif information...
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan 2008, 17:25    Post_subject:  

No problem at all. I'll try to get a new version up sometime tonight.
plinej

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan 2008, 21:18    Post_subject:  

Alright, I've got it all the code in there except for the thumbnail stuff. I created 3 tabs worth of display output of jhead, the first 2 are unchangeable display only. The third tab has the ability to add/edit the exif Date/Time & Comments. It also has the option to select another jpeg and use that jpeg's exif data to tag your selected jpeg. There are also 4 checkboxes to strip unwanted data (comments, exif, IPTC, & non-image).

I see jhead has the ability to remove thumbnails, save thumbnails, and replace thumbnails. Where do I find a jpeg file that already has a builtin thumbnail so I can experiment with the commands to add them to the gui? If you have one, could you post it in this thread so I can download it?
disciple

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan 2008, 21:43    Post_subject:  

OK, I'll upload one in a second. Here's what I was already posting:

Great Smile
For a while there I thought I'd found another bug. When I chose a directory it would do what I was complaining about before when choosing a file - just say all processes are complete straight away. But it's working now, even though I didn't do anything...

I've got a couple of suggestions that are somewhat more useful:
- allow typing the folder or file path in the gui, instead of using the browse button.
- allow it to take a relative path from the command line.

BTW does the command for opening all files of a given type from the console actually work for you? Because it just brings up the standard gui for me...
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 6 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum