How's your daily routine changed?

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Mike Walsh

How's your daily routine changed?

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Morning, boys & girls.

A straight-forward question for y'all. In what way has the global Covid-19 pandemic affected you personally, and how have you had to modify your usual, daily routine?

-----------------------------

I ask this in all seriousness, because for my own case, life's hardly changed at all. As a full-time carer, I'm used to being at home 95% of the time anyway, only going out for shopping 'as-and-when', plus other odd items that occasionally need doing....

I'm well aware that for many people, this has impacted their lives quite considerably; work routines changing, social lives totally disrupted, family get-togethers a complete 'no-no' ATM.

I was out in the back garden the other day, and was suddenly struck by a thought.....how eerily quiet it was. We live in a medium-sized village, although it's rapidly becoming just a suburb of the nearby town, due to incessant expansion. There's usually always background noise, mostly vehicles, small tradesman doing work at people's houses, hum from 24/7 processes running at some of the businesses on the nearby industrial estate, but now? That's all come grinding to a halt; the general atmosphere is that of an older, more peaceful time (and way of life)...

It's actually quite refreshing. If you poke your head outside your front door before going to bed, it's like a graveyard in the dead of night. It is.....'odd', to say the least. There's a good chance the atmosphere might be well on the way to recovery by the time this is all over, however many months down the line that may turn out to be.....especially with all the planes being grounded!

So, let's be having you. Let's hear about your personal situations, for those that don't object to 'sharing'. And please, boys & girls, let's not get this hi-jacked by the doom'n'gloom merchants, okay? There's already a well-established thread for that in this very sub-forum; let's keep such stuff over there, if you'd be so good.

Over to you, kiddiwinks.....

Mike. :wink:

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

My life has not changed that much.
I have been working on fixing up a house, I moved into several years ago.
It was a low price to buy, but it was in need of a lot of fixing up.
I have probably done something to every part of this house.
I have slowed down on getting needed stuff from building supply places.

Trying to keep from mixing with other people as much as possible.

I am trying to support local restaurants by getting takeout. All of them, in my location, are still providing takeout.

Friends, we just talk on the phone and try to talk about other stuff than the Coronavirus.
Relatives the same.

I am still trying to figure out why people did buy so much toilet paper :shock:
Still not restocked in the stores.
I am trying to figure out, if I will really need to follow this chart, on how to conserve toilet paper!
Attachments
4rnQyZ4.jpg
(56.55 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

ally

#3 Post by ally »

very little change here, mobility issues and chronic fatigue so sleep a LOT

the only annoyance is being unable to get out when I have a 'good day' (a relative term)

however, if the internet goes down....

:)

p310don

#4 Post by p310don »

My daily routine...

It hasn't changed much. I run a hardware store, which is apparently an essential service, so I'm working every day. My wife is a teacher, and our schools are still running (for kids of essential workers only), so she is working still. That means I have to take my kids to day care.

At day care, things are different. I used to take the kids into the centre, and give them a kiss and a cuddle to say good bye. Now, a worker meets me in the carpark, we all wash our hands with sanitiser, then we all get a temperatures taken. Once it's confirmed we all DON'T have a fever, then the kids are taken inside. It's actually easier this way.

At work, I'm kind of doing the same thing. My shop's front door is locked with a door bell for people to press so I can help them out. It amazes me. I have two signs on the door saying that the store is open, but the door is closed, press the bell. People rattle the door, push it, pull it, walk away. Maybe 1 in 5 at best ring the bell, and probably 1 in 20 ring it first go. It makes you wonder how hard it is to get people to read anything, and follow the instructions from the government to stay home. It is a bricks & mortar store, but we do online sales as well. In general, I am busier, but my online is through the roof. So many people at home, so they can't get their usual spending fix, so online it is.

As a second job / hobby, I teach taekwondo. I have done that for 20 years. I don't do that now. It's funny, two weeks ago was my last class. I finished class and immediately missed teaching. Tonight I should have taken class. I forgot that I would normally have done that (huge day at work) and haven't really missed it. That said, I have been doing online stuff, videos on Facebook to keep my followers entertained, plus a Puppy Powered Zoom teleconference class on the weekend. It's been a quick learning curve to get that set up.

The single biggest change in my life right now is my parents. The hardware store I run is owned by them. Always when they are in town, they come and help me out. Kind of like my back stop when it gets busy. Last night, the government announced that over 70s should at all costs stay isolated at home. Today, I ran out of a product at work that Dad and I would normally go to the supplier and pick up in the work truck. I got so far as ringing Dad and asking him what he's up to before I realised he couldn't help me. It was at that moment that I realised I was in this on my own, and that hit me like a tonne of bricks. I don't NEED their help per se (I'm a 41 year old man) but geez it's nice to have Mum & Dad's help.
Today is the first time it's hit me hard that they won't be around to help me forever. I've always known that (we all know that), but coming to terms with it was a kick in the guts. That said, they're still here, I know plenty of people who lose parents suddenly, so things aren't that bad.

nic007

#5 Post by nic007 »

bigpup wrote:My life has not changed that much.
I have been working on fixing up a house, I moved into several years ago.
It was a low price to buy, but it was in need of a lot of fixing up.
I have probably done something to every part of this house.
I have slowed down on getting needed stuff from building supply places.

Trying to keep from mixing with other people as much as possible.

I am trying to support local restaurants by getting takeout. All of them, in my location, are still providing takeout.

Friends, we just talk on the phone and try to talk about other stuff than the Coronavirus.
Relatives the same.

I am still trying to figure out why people did buy so much toilet paper :shock:
Still not restocked in the stores.
I am trying to figure out, if I will really need to follow this chart, on how to conserve toilet paper!
If I understand this correctly you are wiping your bare finger in shit. Is that correct? I thought one of the main purposes of using toilet paper is to keep your hands and fingers clean. Messy.