sfs-direct-remaster

Miscellaneous tools
stemsee

sfs-direct-remaster

#1 Post by stemsee »

Here is an update to sfs-direct-remaster.

This is a cli remastering script, with some cleaning function.

This remasters directly to a base sfs file. Either in ram (/mnt/ram) or on drive (/mnt/sd?).

Let's you save to your boot directory, while backing up previous base sfs to *.sfs-old (*-old-old)

Easy and quick. ISO creation will be functional later.

EDIT: I have updated the script and added another mechanism for cleaning before remastering.

A yad dnd pain opens and the user simply drags files and/or directories (one at a time) and drops them on the dnd pane. They will be added to an excluded.txt list in /tmp, mksquashfs will read the list and 'exclude' all things listed.
Attachments
sfs-direct-remaster.gz
fake .gz
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
xscreenshot-20191111T210345.png
(32.63 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
xscreenshot-20191111T210244.png
(57.75 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
xscreenshot-20191111T211226.png
(29.46 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Last edited by stemsee on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 22:58, edited 4 times in total.

rufwoof

#2 Post by rufwoof »

ISO creation will be functional later
Update the links (files) and this is a reasonable template (strip out the busybox and kernel wget/build parts) for forming a iso.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 082#950082
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]

stemsee

#3 Post by stemsee »

Interesting project rufwuf

It burns with genisoimage. I was looking also at mkisofs and xorriso.

If i cannot isolate builtin_dd then I will add compatibility for all available options.

stemsee

#4 Post by stemsee »

nuts....totally nuts!!

:lol:

I had three remaster scripts in mind....I seemed to have mixed and messed them up previously! I was not thinking clearly .... !

Finally sorted the mess out!

tested on fd and upuppee
Attachments
sfs-direct-remaster.gz
(6.03 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

stemsee

#5 Post by stemsee »

Updated see first post

stemsee

#6 Post by stemsee »

I am very happy with this script. Even happier now as I have taken the 'cleaning' or rather 'excluding' to another degree.

Using the same d'n'd pane it is now possible to drag an sfs module to it. For example, I compiled a new aufs enabled kernel. The compilation downloads aufs utilities which are in the kernel-modules.sfs (when using sukk anyway), They are not just in /lib/modules, but havve binaries also in the system PATH. Up until now my remaster scripts all left those in the remaster, which is not ideal. So now one can dnd the current kernel-modules.sfs to the dnd pane and then /usr/sbin/rmsfs will mount it in /tmp and after a tree op will add all files and dirs to the excluded.txt list in /tmp for mksquashfs to read and exclude. So several sfs modules and a few other files or dirs can be added (one at a time ((but don't drag'n'drop a mixture of files, dirs and sfs modules!)) .... so I experimented with kernel-modules.sfs and a devx.sfs plus other stuff. All went well.

I had tried to add rmsfs functionality as a function but it wasn't so easy for me.

It provides the cleanest possible remaster! And a mechanism for excluding layered modules, or at least the files and dirs contained therein.

Before posting it I want to test an equivalent cli alternative, in order to maintain its ability to do the remastering without X running, and no loss of functionality.

stemsee

#7 Post by stemsee »

Here is the direct remaster with ability to exclude sfs modules by dragging to the dnd pane. When rmsfs offers to remove files select NO.Place rmsfs in path and make executable

EDIT: rmsfs depends on tree
Attachments
sfs-direct-remaster.gz
fake .gz
(7.19 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
rmsfs.gz
fake .gz
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

This sfs module version has code that should take the remaster to a complete iso

The manual work will be copying over the initrd* and vmlinuz to the remasteriso directory which will be in the place

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cz0Jy ... uuE5MOna-G