found someone preventing e-waste with puppy on pirate.party

Promote Puppy !
nosystemdthanks

found someone preventing e-waste with puppy on pirate.party

#1 Post by nosystemdthanks »

[color=green]The freedom to NOT run the software, to be free to avoid vendor lock-in through appropriate modularization/encapsulation and minimized dependencies; meaning any free software can be replaced with a user’s preferred alternatives.[/color]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Seems like a plan. :D

No hard drive?
Know Puppy!
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

mouldy

#3 Post by mouldy »

Thats great, lot people dont know such things are possible.

Small SSDs and usb adapter for those SSD are pretty cheap. Lot people with computer that came with small SSD upgrade.... I recently got 24GB one on ebay for $7, about price of a good quality 16GB thumb drive and suspect it will outlast it. You can get a 240GB SSD for between $20 and $30. The small ones especially way outlast most thumb drives. Though if they ever had windows installed, that gives them a royal thrashing and shortens their life.

If computer has a cdrom drive, maybe booting from live Puppy cd even cheaper and more reliable long term.

I have for couple decades suggested people boot live linux cd when their computer acts up just to find out if its hardware or windows. Heck boot FreeDOS for that matter if you have a thing about linux. It will tell you if hardware functioning, well all hardware exept the hard drive. But they just act like I have three belly buttons or something. Course with UEFI, you are locked into booting from thumb drive. Least I havent heard of any live cd/dvd booting on UEFI computer without turning that off. Some you cant turn it off.