PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
puppylinuxworld

PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3

#1 Post by puppylinuxworld »

Hi All

Download https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1EEyj ... sp=sharing

Masterclass Video series on the distro here : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KHxn8fJr8L

Please watch this video series as it will help you set the puppy up properly and help you get the most out of the distro.

I have now finished my re-spin of Puppy Tahr 6.0.2 using OpenBox window manager and some pre-installed software out the box, designed for Screen casters & streamers. Please be aware I do NOT deserve credit for anything Puppy at all I have re-spun this distro for new users who like to screencast/Stream and want to use Puppy without having to install all the software.

I have themed it myself and I hope you agree it looks stunning installed software includes :

Simple Screen recorder - Screencasting/Streaming
OpenShot - Video Editing

Plus the following extras
Blender
Gimp
Google Chrome Browser
Libre Office suite
Teamviewer
Steam

I hope this will be good enough to encourage people to run this from a USB thumb drive and get some pleasure from it. Please let me know your thoughts and comments.

I will post a link to the iso file when I have uploaded it to Dropbox

Here is a video of what she looks like.

https://youtu.be/qfFvU-cM5kI

Thanks All

LinuxHelpGuy aka PuppyLinuxWorld
Last edited by puppylinuxworld on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 05:26, edited 5 times in total.

fishmanluvslinux

How To Try It Out

#2 Post by fishmanluvslinux »

I have my own YT Channel and am always curious about re-spins and new Distros. I watched my friend's (Linux Help Guy), of this re-spin and would love to be able to try it out for myself but, I have not found a download link yet. Could you please allow me to download this for my own trial purposes? I would appreciate this very much. Thanking you in advance.
Sincerely,
Fishman Loves Linux

gcmartin

#3 Post by gcmartin »

Hello @PuppyLinuxWorld. After viewing your video, I would like to use your packaging for a 32bit PC I have. Its an interesting packaging you present us with, as it has many/most of the things we would want to some home applications and it negates the need to install anything to begin OOTB use of the distro.

It has most everything I need, except it is missing full SAMBA V4 which has all necessary protocols for LAN needs to allow content I edit or create to be shared directly from this PC. This is both documents, files, and other content any one of would create on this PC running this distro. (Actually, there is a PET available which I think can be used.)

Thanks in advance. I look forward to it.

rokytnji

#4 Post by rokytnji »

Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
Looks like some one likes it. 8)

gcmartin

#5 Post by gcmartin »

Its one reason why more and more users use their Google Drive for downloading distributions ... "Always there, and alway working". This does not mean one has/is a "fan" of Google. It merely means its an avenue for reliable distributions on the 2nd fastest Network in the world.

James C

#6 Post by James C »

Attachments
PuppyBang Linux.jpg
(106.62 KiB) Downloaded 7344 times

gcmartin

#7 Post by gcmartin »

If anyone with a Google ID who has this downloaded, would you upload to your Drive and publicly share it, please.

puppylinuxworld

Uploading to google now

#8 Post by puppylinuxworld »

Sorry all never dreamed this much interest in me respin I am uploading to google now.

radky

#9 Post by radky »

Hi puppylinuxworld,

In tahrpup, the option to install FbBox (openbox and fbpanel) through quickpet is currently broken (missing scripts required for proper integration with tahrpup).

Consequently, you can use the original FbBox-2.0_32Bit.pet (see link below) when building PuppyBang Linux. This pet has all required scripts. Please check your PM for more information.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=92982

Thanks
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

puppylinuxworld

My Sincere Thanks Radky

#10 Post by puppylinuxworld »

Hi Buddy

Many thanks indeed ill use that pet for future builds, funny this was just an accident never dreamed it would be this popular.

ally

#11 Post by ally »

puppylinuxworld

Thanks Ally

#12 Post by puppylinuxworld »

Hi Ally

That is so kind of you many thanks indeed

cthisbear

#13 Post by cthisbear »

Downloaded...cos I Luv the cat.

Could not get Teamviewer going though.
Will not show up when clicked.

I might boot on another comp and try another TV Pet.
Got to remember they made TV work for me on Puppy years ago
in 24 hours.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=54638
Not taking the P... mate...just asking.

Cheers Chris.

cthisbear

#14 Post by cthisbear »

Booted on my desktop.
Teamviewer 9 works.

Didn't show in menu...of course...but shows in

usr/bin/teamviewer

clicked on ....works.

"""""""

Good... that on a Dell Studio laptop and my Gigabyte desktop, that when
I copy both the main files to the hard drive your Pup finds them and
boots up faster.

Regards....Chris.

charbaby66

Nice job!

#15 Post by charbaby66 »

I am just back with new to me laptop, building a kennel for it

I favor tahrpup 6.02/6:03 as it is working OOTB & seems solid.You called this 6.03 but installed as 6.02 so I upgraded via quickpet

You sure prettied it up- made a great pup better for those liking the bling I watched your YT vid for the install workarounds, got it up and running in no time flat ! I gave a usb PuppyBanged up to a coworker Monday as I think they will be impressed enough to use it instead of M$

EDIT: some gratuitous crap no one cares about removed/updated

So far, really impressed, especially on a first effort from you. Has found
a home here (and will spawn a remaster soon, possibly) Congrats! :)
Last edited by charbaby66 on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 00:43, edited 8 times in total.
Puppy. You can choose to use it well. 8) Or well, choose not to use it. :wink: (I'm feelin' quite spiffy for thinking of that)
Of course there's always <mumble> RTFM :oops: RTFM :roll: RTFM :twisted: Funny I say that @ work and play equally often.

gychang

Re: PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3

#16 Post by gychang »

puppylinuxworld wrote:Hi All

I hope this will be good enough to encourage people to run this from a USB thumb drive and get some pleasure from it. Please let me know your thoughts and comments.

LinuxHelpGuy aka PuppyLinuxWorld
This is great. I have been watching your channel for long time and I am a puppy convert, like many in the world, u have been THE man.

I am using this as a frugal install on my HD, along with Peppermint6 and win7.

lemmy999

#17 Post by lemmy999 »

Loving this respin!!

Just a couple of issues

1. I can't get the DVD to boot into PuppyBang!! I have a couple of savefiles in SDB6 ( my Puppy partition) and even if i select option 0 ( don't use any save file) it still doesnt load as per your Youtube Video . I took the DVD to work today and it booted fine on a Windows machine.

2. If I run the DVD on my PC at home it doesn't show the resolution I use ( 1920 x 1080). Biggest I can get is 1600 x 1050 IIRC

3. Also doesn't detect my NIC

I really like this and want to iron out these issues

Update
Pfix=ram sorted out all the problems I was having. Loving this respin. Skype works well which is a real bonus. Only issue is palemoon. Latest version seems to kill my CPU after a while. I have had to go back to firefox which seems to play nicely on my PC

toomanyquestions

Pretty Nice

#18 Post by toomanyquestions »

I'm quite happy you used openbox, but was a little disappointed that fbpanel was used instead of tint2. Is it possible for me to manually replace fbpanel? I got the impression fbpanel is integrated w/openbox, and therefore it would be unwise to attempt a separation. :(

If I'm stuck with fbpanel, is it possible to comment out the panel's config shortcut? I checked pfbpanel.conf and couldn't locate the appropriate variable....

My comments & questions aside, PuppyBang is certainly a nice little distro.

rokytnji

#19 Post by rokytnji »

I'm quite happy you used openbox, but was a little disappointed that fbpanel was used instead of tint2. Is it possible for me to manually replace fbpanel? I got the impression fbpanel is integrated w/openbox, and therefore it would be unwise to attempt a separation.
I have ran either or, on Antix. fbpanel has to stay. just don't run it and run tint2 instead.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#20 Post by Lobster »

Just to recommend the Masterclass videos.

If new to Puppy, a note book, a bit of time and confidence in installing ALL recent Puppys would ensue.

Good job :D
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D