A NWP/A NWPUS--A Noob's Word Processor and Utilities Suite

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Puppus Dogfellow

tips, previews, documentation fix

#31 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

~572, p575, and p57577: three spins/updates of Precise 5.7.1
Re: tips and previews.
also a documentation fix

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:from Geany as Launcher, Bookmarks Manager, and Word Processor

Re: word processing four
also, rox is a file navigation and creation powerhouse.
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:i suppose it's more of a typewriter...

here are some guides for setting up line breaks, line wrapping, and font choice:

mono/courier/courier new 11 breaking column: 75
serif 12: 99
sans 12: 80
nimbus condensed monospace 14: 110

left, right, and center are all what you'd expect, but justify doesn't work out as nicely as on a full word processor. use search and replace and tick the use regular expressions box, swap \n for a space (one blank white space), hit enter, right click the section, choose format > reflow lines. if you're not concerned with underlining and multiple fonts and don't want the hassle of making sure lines don't run off the page, printing from leafpad is probably best (no line wrapping markers in the default view, no auto-line breaking capability and so makes reshaping text a bit easier, though i suppose you could just toggle that off in geany. another strategy for nearly justified text would be to set the font small in the text editor and use the zoom settings in the browser's print dialog to come close to a justified page. for actually banging out pages of wood and ink, i think it's maybe better to think of this word processor more as an advanced archiving typewriter and pdf maker (pdfs can be bare black and white text or portable sections of the internet, it seems--i'm just a noob who wants something that never breaks--leafpad and geany never break...) and poetry producer--that requires no changes to the basic document format of the templates (maybe one more and some new launchers in the next pack) and preotry (pre tag bug fix in next pack as well), the proto-template, was in fact devised because i noticed what text makers do to lines sometimes and thought it'd be nice to make that behavior optional (it's still pretty cool for comments sometimes). if you're primarily concerned with printing something out and don't care about underlining and other formatting, print from leafpad or geany (there must be a way to shut of the line wrap markers from showing). dillo has a little less capability than the other browsers being discussed, but it always opens new batches in tabs in a new window and it is super fast. the new pack uses it as reference material pop-up with the following:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#dil. place in /nwp and/or /root/my-applications/bin
dillo www.google.com www.dictionary.com www.murga-linux.com/puppy http://www.etymonline.com/
you can get rid of the close dialog and set other preferences in /root/.dillo/dillorc.

since dillo doesn't respond to the code changing font color, invisible page breaks (those done in white--use the quasi-visible text slots as quick find anchors or as a variation on comments) are visible in dillo--you can use the reference popup to check them. tip: if you don't fill out the title tag in editor view, dillo will give every word processing tab a tiny blank marker that's of less help than ctrl page up and down.

leafpad and seamonkey don't open batches of files dragged to them or sent to them in tabs as default behavior and so seem like a natural match--seamonkey can do the tabs with a little extra fiddling around, i'm sure, and already has the print preview that dillo lacks--this seems to be the next most capable and second fastest set up. so dillo has no print preview or print to pdf capability, but you can use geany or leafpad to print. speaking of which, if you're not using this as an exercise in minimalism but rather for speed and convenience, the main use of the view/read mode (apart from readability and hyperlinks/bookmarks/functional tables of contents) is to copy and paste your formatted (spacing and otherwise) text into zoho, google docs, libre office, box.com, word, textmaker, or any other document handler that will be more likely to be handling the final form of your work, though between the majority of browsers having save to pdf capability and rcrsn51's peasy_pdf making it easy to cut apart and rejoin those documents, this really can be a stand alone solution in many cases. palemoon and firefox take minimal resources to open ten or twenty of these document type tabs, but dillo takes about a thirtieth it seems. (10 vs 300 mb usage at first run with a batch; adding to an already running instance seems to add less overhead to both palemoon and firefox...dillo opens a new window with a new batch of tabs each one is dragged to it...it's really very quick but insists on the file:///path/file syntax rather than the syntax the other browsers (and nearly all puppy programs, it seems) accept, /path/file (unless you're doing it through the terminal, vgt, or a launcher--in those you can use /path/to/file). .they've all got buttons or other methods for opening files, so interplay between the interfaces should be pretty smooth. to navigate tabs in dillo:

ctrl+page up -- tab left
ctrl+page down -- tab right

to navigate them in geany:

Ctrl-Shift-PageDown Move document right
Ctrl-Shift-PageUp Move document left
Ctrl-PageDown Switch to right document
Ctrl-PageUp Switch to left document

-----------

in short, you're basically working with a super advanced typewriter (but getting back to basics) and justification is a bit more difficult than other formatting for our purposes here. for formatted text, you'd need to use the template and print from a browser. quick print, use geany or leafpad. want to open 100 100 page text files instantly and copy the text back and forth between a dozen locations? use geany. want multiple views of the text in various stages in development, use the dual launchers or open the batch in a browser as well (vtg or terminal).

---

regarding rox, there is probably no faster way to navigate folders or create files than rox with short cuts set. right click to go to the create new file dialog and press a letter--now every time you are in a rox folder and press that letter, a copy of that document type will appear for you to retitle in that location. ctrl+1-0 gives you speed dials to ten locations, ctrl+b is book marks (you can short cut open parent in new window to get a freebie bookmark/dual plane set up. you could also make a bookmark of a folder of symlinks to launchers, files, programs, directories, etc).

erase keycuts with backspace. if your rox filer doesn't appear to support the right click short cut keys, see this post by Cat Dude:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... fb3#354862

--------

here's a shot of the dual launchers (one is actually the folder containing the dual launchers):

most are set to open geany in a new instance or existing instance plus open the same files in either palemoon, chrome, chromium, firefox, dillo, or seamonkey. alter the icons as you see fit--i'm not savvy enough to figure out how to link the image with the file so they stay linked regardless of where the pieces end up, so they're just going to be included along with the scripts.

:)

______

documentation fix: i mistakenly stated the winswitcher shortcuts were ws (really width, select) and win (really, like wn, the windows menu). the real shortcut (apart from ctrl plus spacebar) is ww in the launcher or /nwp/ww in the vtg.

documentation fix 2:

i forgot to document two scripts in the previous pack, htopp and htops, which respectively resize and place an active and a selected window to the central htop position you can see in this screenshot. rename and alter the code (get current geometry of windows with winswitcher f1 or right click menu, wmctrl -l -G in a terminal, or new terminal in distros (~572-p575) with the wmctrl bash prompt mod) to make custom versions. new pack will have q1-5 and sd1-5 (or some equivalent) to give it /nwp launcher shortcut equivalents for the dual monitor's a1-10 and b1-10 (windows sized and moved by quadrant, half, and whole/center).

-----

new pack will include fixed pre tag script, fixed multi copy script, more templates, the above dual launchers...

----

folder view shows more versions:

yellow and red in the middle for geany colors, but that started to seem silly after a while. also, palemoon's icon could be used for explorer wine--i'd probably shrink them for personal use. shot shows 1rx1 icons--it's a rox filer window that for some reason has decided to no longer display huge icons when asked (sorry for the lack of clarity).

-----

edit, some further info on the rox glitch: i had never encountered this error before so i went back and undid something else new to the set up, i reset rox > options > drag and drop back to the default settings (unticked delete) and the icon problem went away--rox can again show huge icons (changing the settings didn't quiet rox's permission-asking ways, so no gain from the change).

Puppus Dogfellow

an update script that also works as an install script for

#32 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

script installs the launchers (copies them to folders and sets their permissions) and some updates:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:this next update is also a stand alone install script, but it just means you get two extra sets of main (shift plus spacebar) nwp (now pw,n) launchers--one in /nwp and one in /root/my-applications/bin. this one's got the q1-10, some rox shortcuts, more dual launchers for the nwp word processor (or any time you feel like opening text documents in browser tabs at the same time you open in an editor). it's got the autotext entries--mostly navigation, launching, and omission correction.

here's the script:

#!/bin/sh
#dual launchers for the word processor aspect. also, it's a stand alone install script
#no longer requires dash (optional--just swap out the sh for dash if you've got it/prefer it)
mkdir -p /nwp
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec firefox "$@"
' > /nwp/gif
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec defaulttexteditor "$@"| exec firefox "$@"
' > /nwp/tef
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec firefox "$@"
' > /nwp/gf
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec defaulttexteditor "$@"| exec defaultbrowser "$@"
' > /nwp/def
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec firefox "$@"
' > /nwp/lff
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec defaultbrowser "$@"
' > /nwp/gb
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec defaultbrowser "$@"
' > /nwp/gib
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec defaultbrowser "$@"
' > /nwp/leb
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec seamonkey "$@"
' > /nwp/leafy
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec dillo "$@"
' > /nwp/dlll
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec seamonkey "$@"
' > /nwp/ges

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec dillo "$@"
' > /nwp/ged

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec seamonkey "$@"
' > /nwp/gis
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec dillo "$@"
' > /nwp/gid
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec chromium "$@"
' > /nwp/lec
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec palemoon "$@"
' > /nwp/lep
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec chromium "$@"
' > /nwp/gic
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec palemoon "$@"
' > /nwp/gip
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec chromium "$@"
' > /nwp/gc
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec palemoon "$@"
' > /nwp/gep
echo $'
!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec opera "$@"
' > /nwp/lop
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec leafpad "$@"| exec google-chrome "$@"
' > /nwp/lgc
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec opera "$@"
' > /nwp/gio
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany -i "$@"| exec 
google-chrome "$@"
' > /nwp/gigc
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec opera "$@"
' > /nwp/
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
exec geany "$@"| exec google-chrome "$@"
' > /nwp/ggc
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
[ -z "$history" ] && history="/nwp/"
# create and run dialog
CMDLINE=$(yad --width=350 --skip-taskbar --center --on-top --fixed --sticky \
              --title="pw,n" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
              --entry --entry-label="Run command:" --editable \
              --column="command" --entry-text $history)
# if the command line is empty, exit now
[ -z "$CMDLINE" ] && exit 0
# run the command
$CMDLINE &
exit 0
' > /nwp/np5
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
/nwp/np5| xdotool sleep .2s key Right
' > /nwp/pwn
cp /nwp/np5 /root/my-applications/bin/np5
cp /nwp/pwn /root/my-applications/bin/pwn
chmod 755 /nwp/pwn /nwp/np5
chmod 755 root/my-applications/bin/pwn /root/my-applications/bin/np5
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt
' > /nwp/mnt
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /tmp
' > /nwp/tmp
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /etc
' > /nwp/etc
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /root/my-applications/bin
' > /nwp/mybin
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /root/.config
' > /nwp/conf
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
 rox /etc/xdg/templates
' > /nwp/jxdg
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /bin
' > /nwp/bin
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /root/.jwm
' > /nwp/jwm
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /usr/share/applications
' > /nwp/apps
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/home
' > /nwp/home
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /root/my-documents/
' > /nwp/mdoc
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdd1
' > /nwp/sdd1
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdd2
' > /nwp/sdd2
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdd3
' > /nwp/sdd3
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdd4
' > /nwp/sdd4
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdd5
' > /nwp/sdd5
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdd6
' > /nwp/sdd6
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdc1
' > /nwp/sdc1
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdc2
' > /nwp/sdc2
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdc3
' > /nwp/sdc3
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdc4
' > /nwp/sdc4
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdc5
' > /nwp/sdc5
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdc6
' > /nwp/sdc6
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdb1
' > /nwp/sdb1
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdb2
' > /nwp/sdb2
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdb3
' > /nwp/sdb3
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdb4
' > /nwp/sdb4
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdb5
' > /nwp/sdb5
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sdb6
' > /nwp/sdb6
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sda1
' > /nwp/sda1
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sda2
' > /nwp/sda2
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sda3
' > /nwp/sda3
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sda4
' > /nwp/sda4
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sda5
' > /nwp/sda5
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /mnt/sda6
' > /nwp/sda6
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
rox /nwp
' > /nwp/pack

chmod 755 /nwp/sdd1 /nwp/sdd2 /nwp/sdd3 /nwp/sdd4 /nwp/sdd5 /nwp/sdd6
chmod 755 /nwp/sdc1 /nwp/sdc2 /nwp/sdc3 /nwp/sdc4 /nwp/sdc5 /nwp/sdc6
chmod 755 /nwp/sdb1 /nwp/sdb2 /nwp/sdb3 /nwp/sdb4 /nwp/sdb5 /nwp/sdb6
chmod 755 nwp/sda1 /nwp/sda2 /nwp/sda3 /nwp/sda4 /nwp/sda5 /nwp/sda6
chmod 755 /nwp/ggc /nwp/go /nwp/gigc /nwp/gio /nwp/lgc /nwp/gif /nwp/def /nwp/gf /nwp/tef /nwp/def /nwp/lff /nwp/gb /nwp/gib /nwp/led /nwp/leafy /nwp/dlll /nwp/ged /nwp/ges /nwp/lop /nwp/gep /nwp/gc /nwp/gip /nwp/gic /nwp/lep /nwp/gid /nwp/lec /nwp/gis /nwp/ged
chmod 755 /nwp/home /nwp/mdoc /nwp/apps /nwp/jwm /nwp/bin /nwp/jxdg /nwp/conf /nwp/mybin /nwp/etc /nwp/tmp /nwp/mnt /nwp/pack
cp /nwp/tophalf2 /nwp/q8
cp /nwp/bottomhalf2 /nwp/q9
cp /nwp/lefthalf2 /nwp/q6
cp /nwp/righthalf2 /nwp/q7
cp /nwp/fulla  /nwp/q10
cp /nwp/upperleftquadrant2 /nwp/q1
cp /nwp/upperrightquadrant2 /nwp/q2
cp /nwp/lowerleftquadrant2 /nwp/q3
cp /nwp/lowerrightquadrant2 /nwp/q4
cp /nwp/lp5a  /nwp/q5
 echo $'#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'<pre></pre>\'
' > /nwp/pre
cp /nwp/xpad-clear /nwp/xpc
cp /nwp/xpad-backup /nwp/xpb
 echo $'#!/bin/sh
xdotool key alt+0 Down Down Right
#large menu submenu on the root0 menu
' > /nwp/wm
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
/nwp/sfs-java.sh; rox /tmp/java-sfs 
' > /nwp/jv 
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
geany  /nwp/at1 /nwp/at2 /nwp/at3 /nwp/at4 /nwp/at5 /nwp/at6 /nwp/at7 /nwp/at8 /nwp/at9 /nwp/at10 /nwp/at' > /nwp/ate
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
#/nwp/winswitcher
winswitcher
' > /nwp/ww
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
#!/bin/sh 
xdotool type \'#--------------------------- \'
' > /nwp/c-
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
xdotool type "
echo $\'
(content--script spits out a sample create-file-with-content template)
\' > (path to file)
"
' >  /nwp/cnt
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
tas
' > /nwp/tas
echo $'#!/bin/sh 
tas
' > /nwp/tas
echo $'#!/bin/sh
xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return ctrl+7
' > /nwp/v
 echo $'#!/bin/sh
xdotool type "
#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'\'
#place desired output between the \' and \'
# use double quotes to get single quotes to show
#name something brief and run with gexec/pexec/a terminal with a convenient shortcut
#or give it its own shortcut key --ati version has info/comments
"
' > /nwp/ati
 echo $'#!/bin/sh
xdotool type "
#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'\'
"
' > /nwp/atx
chmod 755 /nwp/pre /nwp/xpb /nwp/xpc /nwp/wm /nwp/q1 /nwp/q2 /nwp/q3 /nwp/q4 /nwp/q5 /nwp/q6 /nwp/q7 /nwp/q8 /nwp/q9 /nwp/q10
chmod 755 /nwp/jv /nwp/ate /nwp/ww /nwp/c- /nwp/cnt /nwp/tas /nwp/atx /nwp/ati /nwp/pcp /nwp/v /nwp/leb
#alter the last part of the cp lines to change the name of the new file being created
#fixes some omissions and a mistake in pre script, gives quick call names to some of the shortcuts for single monitors.
#q series is quarter sized up to five (which is configurable and centrally placed); 
#q6 and q7 set the active window to left and right halves of the screen respectively
#q8 and q9 are top and bottom. q10 is full/maximized (as is mx). 
#q1     q2                    q8                         
#     q5                    q6    q7          
#q3     q4                    q9
#pcp requires puppy control panel:  http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61961
#tas requires take a shot: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84528
#f requires find and run: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=835582#835582
#xpc and xpb require xpad 
#the complete pack requires aemenu, dash, wmtrl, xdotool, and the /nwp folder 
#t requires you to pick a terminal if the terminal you have is not sakura.
# some nwp directories may be missing winswitcher:  http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=799058#799058
echo $'#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'\'
#Place desired text output between the single quotes above.
#at -- autotext---place in /nwp or a bin. make a series and activate with at...' > /nwp/at
cd /nwp; for f in at{1..10} ; do cp at $f ; done
chmod 755 /nwp/at1 /nwp/at2 /nwp/at3 /nwp/at4 /nwp/at5 /nwp/at6 /nwp/at7 /nwp/at8 /nwp/at9 /nwp/at10 /nwp/at 
#edit with ate; atx spits out a new autotext template.
dual launchers (text editor and browser) for the Nooby Word Processor/nwp:

ggc -- geany, chrome
gigc -- geany new instance, chrome
gio -- geany new instance, opera
lgc -- leafpad, chromium
gif -- geany new instance, firefox
def -- default text editor, default browser
gf -- geany, firefox
tef -- default text editor, firefox
lff -- leafpad, firefox
gb -- geany, default browser
gib -- geany new instance, default browser
leb -- leafpad, default browser
leafy -- leafpad, seamonkey
dlll -- leafpad, dillo
ged -- geany, dillo
ges -- geany, seamonkey
lop -- leafpad, opera
gep -- geany, palemoon
gc -- geany, chromium
gip -- geany new instance, palemoon
gic -- geany new instance, chromium
lep -- leafpad, palemoon
gid -- geany new instance, dillo
lec -- leafpad, chromium
gis -- geany new instance, seamonkey

more shortcuts now available to the Nooby Uber Utility Pack
sda[1-6]-sdd[1-6] -- open those partitions
the following will open in rox if entered in the pw,n launcher: mnt, home, mdoc (opens root/my-documents), apps (opens usr/share/applications), jwm (/root/.jwm), bin, jxdg(etc/xdg/templates), conf (/root/.configure), mybin (/root/my-applications/bin), etc, tmp, and pack (/nwp).

at, at[1-10] are autotext scripts. atx is the template, ate will open the 11 in geany for you to edit/rename. single monitor setups now have similar nwp shortcuts as doubles:

q series is quarter sized up to five (which is configurable and centrally placed);
q6 and q7 set the active window to left and right halves of the screen respectively
q8 and q9 are top and bottom. q10 is full/maximized (as is mx).

q1     q2                    q8                         
     q5                    q6    q7          
q3     q4                    q9
some deps, recs, and links:

pcp requires puppy control panel: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61961
tas requires take a shot: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84528
f requires find and run: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 5582835582
xpc and xpb require xpad
ww requires WinSwitcher: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 058#799058
some other included shortcuts:

xpc -- xpad clear
xpb -- xpad back up
cnt -- spit out the code in those echo sections from the script above that allows you to create files with predetermined content (cnt--content)
c- -- a comment line that looks like this: #------------------
tas -- SFR's take a shot
pcp -- radky's puppy control panel
ww -- MochiMoppel's WinSwitcher
v -- vtg

---------

set permissions and run as a script or dump the code into a terminal and press enter.

it's not necessarily the pack i'd include as the starter kit, but this is all more or less new to this thread and so won't require as much overwriting as the batch with more forethought would have.

enjoy.
:D

Puppus Dogfellow

updates, some icons, some desktop files, future plans

#33 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

from the geany as a word processor, etc thread:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:icons are largely what's in the screenshots from earlier. a few added. substitute as you like either through editing of the desktop files (the icon = bit) or right clicking in rox and chosing file (or dir) > set icon.

icons_for_nwp_pwn_pwp.tar.xz

-----

from the readme:
directions: unpack folder and place in /nwp.

the icons aren't completely finished and may not ever be, but it's a start for you to continue with if you wish.
only the four launchers (five if you include nwp, which is pwn with the cursor set already at the right) have desktop files in /usr/share/applications and will show up on the menus (Categories=Utility;WordProcessor;FileSystem;System;Amusement). the dual launchers are perhaps too numerous, but if you drag the the contents of /nwp/icons/pwp to /usr/share/applications, you'll get all the duals (some without icons) on the Fun menu--adjust as you see fit. "duals" in the main launcher opens the folder for drag and drop opening of files in groups or individually.

here is the new file structure so far. dump the following into a terminal to have it:

mkdir -p /nwp/{archive,quar,docs,file,pets+sfs,etc,nwp,root3,u,icons,tmp,templates,z,01,b,a,001,d,misc,h,dwn,t,}
# new main nwp folder structure

mkdir -p /nwp/file/{archive,mail,scripts,clips,t,clippings,internet,music,ncd,pdf,draw,screenshots,software,libs/{lib32,lib64},spreadsheets,text,tmp,videos,paint,odt,txt,scripts,web,docx,d,docs,html,u,icons,tem,z,w,0,b,a,1,preotry,rtf,misc,etc,h,m,movies,books}
#structure of the file subdirectory

mkdir -p /nwp/root3/{9menusblanks,9m-vtg,userjwm,icons,root30menu,root31menu,root32menu,root33menu,root34menu,root35menu,root36menu,root37menu,root38menu,root39menu,w,geany,rox}
#new structure of the root3 folder (primarily for distros other than these, though it may make it easier to take future changes with you if you switch...work still in progress...)

mkdir -p
/nwp/file/docs/{t,archive,clipart,tmp,Screenshots,PDF,Text,Spreadsheets,Internet,Music,Software,Videos}

^replica of the original puppy documents folder, with the exception of the t folder, which i'm thinking of making templates backup folders of (t shows up in the sub folders a lot, as does h, which i think of as a pseudo home folder, just as d is an easy reach (and blank slate) docs folder, w the word processor folder, and b is for quick links/bookmarks ... all folders have an implied 0-z structure, which would make it easy to get to places or open folders or individual files with the four supplemental launchers.

the n directory in icons contains blank templates for you to copy to the new>templates folder (right click on an icon in rox, new, customize)
l is a back up of the main (non dual) launchers
2 is an empty folder--it was what the pwp (puppy word processor) folder now is. doesn't take up much space so i left it.

update script:

mkdir -p /nwp/icons/{pwp,pwn}

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#duals
#open the folder of dual launchers for drag and activate (highlight groups or individual files)
rox /nwp/icons/pwp

#(edit/view simultaneously in text editor and browser windows)
#call with suggested title or rename.
' > /nwp/duals

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#suggested name is k (or pac, leaving k as 11th custom bookmark when called by roks) 
rox /nwp/
#nwp navigation k series 
#call with suggested title or rename. call series for editing with roks
' > /nwp/k

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#k1
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
#call with suggested k# or rename. call series for editing with roks
' > /nwp/k1

echo $'
#k2
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
' > /nwp/k2

echo $'
#k3
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
#k4
' > /nwp/k4

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
#k5
' > /nwp/k5

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
#k6
' > /nwp/k6

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation  k series  
#k7
' > /nwp/k7

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#roks
geany /nwp/k0 /nwp/k1 /nwp/k2 /nwp/k3 /nwp/k4 /nwp/k5 /nwp/k6 /nwp/k7 /nwp/k8 /nwp/k9  /nwp/k
#edit k series. swap out [path] with path to directory. files can also be chosen and will be opened by their default handler. you
#may also use multiple directories eg rox /tmp /nwp opens up both at the same time.
' > /nwp/roks

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
#k0
' > /nwp/k0

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation k series 
#k9
' > /nwp/k9

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox [path]
#nwp navigation  k series  
#k8
' > /nwp/k8

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
geany /nwp/root3/vtg1 /nwp/root3/vtg2 /nwp/root3/vtg3 /nwp/root3/vtg4
#veg: vgt, nwp, and puup help. the same as alt+g 
' > /nwp/veg

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
geany /nwp/root3/sanc /nwp/root3/san /nwp/root3/mono /nwp/root3/hr /nwp/root3/ser
# geak -- open all the word processor templates in geany for editing or other
#  <Key mask="AS" key="g">exec:geany /nwp/root3/sanc /nwp/root3/san /nwp/root3/mono /nwp/root3/hr /nwp/root3/ser /nwp/root3/scrap /nwp/root3/notes</Key>	
# to jwmrc-personal. or better yet, add <Key mask="AS" key="g">exec:/nwp/geak</Key>--easier to edit, quicker to show its effects.
' > /nwp/geak

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#page break white (invisible in all browsers but dillo)
xdotool type \'<par style="font-size: 11pt; color:white; page-break-before: always"></par>\'
#pbw
' > /nwp/pbw

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#page break after, white text (if any). paw.
xdotool type \'<par style="font-size: 11pt; color:white; page-break-after: always"></par>\'
' > /nwp/paw

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#snc
geany /nwp/sanc
' > /nwp/snc

echo $'

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pw,n-l
Icon=/nwp/icons/pwnl.png
Comment=nwp launcher
Exec=/nwp/l-
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=pw,n-l
Version=1.0
Categories=Utility;WordProcessor;FileSystem;System;Amusement
' > /usr/share/applications/pwnl.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pw,n
Icon=/nwp/icons/pwn2.png
Comment=nwp launcher
Exec=/nwp/icons/l/p-
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=pw,n
Version=1.0
' > /usr/share/applications/nwp.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pw,n
Icon=/nwp/icons/pwn2.png
Comment=nwp launcher
Exec=/nwp/pwn2
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=pw,n
Version=1.0
' > /usr/share/applications/pwn.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pw,n-r
Icon=/nwp/icons/pwnr.png
Comment=nwp launcher
Exec=/nwp/r-
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=rox /nwp/
Version=1.0
' > /usr/share/applications/pwnr.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pw,n-g
Icon=/nwp/icons/pwng.png
Comment=nwp launcher
Exec=/nwp/g-
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=geany /nwp/
Version=1.0

' > /usr/share/applications/pwng.desktop

cp /usr/share/applications/pwnl.desktop /nwp/icons/pwn/pwnl.desktop
cp /usr/share/applications/pwng.desktop /nwp/icons/pwn/pwng.desktop
cp /usr/share/applications/pwnr.desktop /nwp/icons/pwn/pwnr.desktop
cp /usr/share/applications/pwn.desktop /nwp/icons/pwn/pwn.desktop

echo $'<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<title>sanc14</title>

</head>
<body>
<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:regular condensed; font-family: nimbus sans l">

(delete this and place your content here. adjust the line above for the general text formatting of your document.)

</span>
</pre>
</body>
</html>

' > /nwp/sanc

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<title>sanc14</title>

</head>
<body>
<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:regular condensed; font-family: nimbus sans l">

(delete this and place your content here. adjust the line above for the general text formatting of your document.)

</span>
</pre>
</body>
</html>
\'
' > /nwp/sanc1

echo $'
leafpad sanc
' > /nwp/sancl

echo $'
geany sanc
' > /nwp/sancg

cp/nwp/hr /nwp/root3/hr 
cp/nwp/sanc /nwp/root3/sanc 
cp/nwp/mono /nwp/root3/mono 
cp /nwp/san /nwp/root3/san 
cp /nwp/ser /nwp/root3/ser 
#make backups of the templates in /nwp and provide a /nwp/root3 directory for those without:
mkdir -p /nwp/root3
mkdir -p /nwp/icons/l

#get the new launchers on the menus; get the new launchers: 

fixmenus; jwm -reload
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
              --title="pw,n-g" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
              --entry --entry-label="Run command:"  \
              --column="command" --entry-text "geany /nwp/")

# run the command
$CMDLINE &

exit 0

' > /nwp/g-

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
              --column="command" --entry-text "leafpad/nwp/")

# run the command
$CMDLINE &

exit 0

' > /nwp/l-

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
              --column="command" --entry-text "rox/nwp/")

# run the command
$CMDLINE &

exit 0

' > /nwp/r-

#new launchers are more for new tree structure (in development)--they're supposed to make it easier to select a given file or folder to edit or open.
#for now, they are all set to highlight their entries--arrow right to enter a file, type to use it as a general launcher.

#!/bin/sh

/nwp/icons/l/pwn| xdotool sleep .2 key Right
' > /nwp/icons/l/p-

includes new k series--roks in the launcher (pwn, pax--the main one) will open them for editing. just enter your path after the "rox " and k1-10 will act as a quick link to your chosen folder.

also includes geak, which loads all the word processor templates from the nwp in geany for you to work with or edit.

also new:

page breaks that default to white (paw, pbw)--invisible in all but dillo but can serve as comments or search anchors.

a new sans nimbus condensed 14 template and sanc1 backup (san1, mono1, san1, and ser1, and hr1 will recreate destroyed temp files and allow you to convert a regular text document to the (html) format of these word processor files. to convert a file, just enter the __1 code and cut the pasted code in half, deleting the "delete this" bit and placing all above it at the beginning of your text and all that follows at the end.

if you want the new launchers on any of the other nine menus, open up /root/.jwmrc, do a search for "pwn," copy the codes for for the launchers (they should all be next to one another), and paste them into /root/root1menu, etc.

if you'd like to add back menu button or dog icon (make the interface more traditionally puppy), you could add

<TrayButton label="Menu" icon="mini-dog.xpm">exec:/nwp/wm</TrayButton>
to add the master menu menu (includes all the jwm menus, some utility programs, and all the aemenu menus plus whatever else is on the root0 menu).

new shortcuts:

roks -- open k1-10 in geany for editing (they're rox bookmark files, but will open regular files with default handler in addition to directories with rox)
geak - open all the word processor templates in geany
duals -- open a folder containing a group of dual launchers (text editors and browsers) for use with the nooby word processor
paw -- page break above, white text
pbw -- page break below, white text
l- open launcher customized for leafpad
r- open launcher customized for rox
g- open launcher customized for geany
____

from here
-------

a little more on the how-to tip, making a batch of .desktop files was really easy and i discovered you don't really need to know any regular expressions to substitute line breaks and the like. i made a folder of scripts, copied the paths to a geany document, then did the usual substitute space for \n so i could space them out. it worked as usual, but i went back and substituted the whole beginning of the .desktop document format (copied from a file in /usr/share/applications) up to the Exec= bit for the leading space and that worked as well. added a unique character sequence to the end, did a substition with that for the rest of the .desktop file, and suddenly the desktop files for thirty or so scripts were nearly complete. surrounded each with

echo $'

' > [path/name]

ran it in a terminal, all appeared where they were supposed to go. anyway, new shortcuts:

roks -- open k1-10 in geany for editing (they're rox bookmark files, but will open regular files with default handler in addition to directories with rox)
duals -- open a folder containing a group of dual launchers (text editors and browsers) for use with the nooby word processor

-----

the modifications to the root3 folder in /nwp are largely for carrying over configuration files from distro to distro and to make the jwm interface of most puppies more like the one from the ~ series--it's not that important in terms of word processing, just in terms of ease of use (i like having more than ten menus to work with, i like carrying my shortcut keys with me, etc. it's still a work in progress).

pwp will likely be replaced by an even more minimalistic version that doesn't require anything other than what puppy traditional comes with--i see it as a pop up or two (leafpad and/or gxmessage) and the clipboard replacing the xdotool scripts--also a work in progress.

the project in final form will likely be nwp for the folder and pw,n for the main launcher, so nwp (nooby word processor/nooby uber utility pack) rather than pwp (puppy word processor/puppy uber utility pack). updates serve as a stop gap or in case there never really ends up being a final release form of the main folder all the mini scripts run from, /nwp.

Puppus Dogfellow

launcher scripts improvement script

#34 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

in addition to the updated shortcut keys (and a cheat sheet for them), the next /nwp update will also include the following:

atdesk --make a desktop template
jp -- open jwmrc-personal with geany
(a new gynysys based on the move of many files out of root and root/my-applications/bin and into /nwp. will open a duplicate for you to modify)
hi - hard info
mr - sfr's multi rename
ppm --so you can call the ppm from the nwp launcher without having to go to findnrun or a terminal or backspace or ctrl-a over the text (/nwp/)
v - the vtg (also working well in quirky)
m - pmount and partview
veg - same a alt+g -- vgt, nwp and puup help
gi - new instance of geany

cursor at right versions of launcher

p -- main nwp launcher
ch - permissions launcher
gl - geany launcher (also -g)
ll - leafpad launcherr (also -l)
rl - rox launcher (also -r)

highlighted entry versions:

r- rox launcher
g- geany launcher
ch- change permissions launcher
l- leafpad launcher

(some of this is likely already included in the last release of this spin, but i need to update the documentation here and several other places...)
below is an updated launcher install script. will be upping a compressed folder of this and other improvements in the near future, but why wait to enjoy convenience. also, happy first birthday, spin. (i'll support it until it's no longer running on either of the two machine's i've got it on, but i'll continue to support the repo that supports this and other distros well beyond that. right now the goal is to make the changes portable. comments should explain what the launchers do, but basically they allow you to navigate, create, and change permissions on the fly, taking into account three possible starting levels for your files: /root/my-applications/bin, /root/my-documents/bin, and /nwp, which has provisions similar to barry's my-documents and /file folders.

#!/bin/sh

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/winswitcher

' > /root/my-applications/bin/ww

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
wmctrl -d; wmctrl -l -G

#get windows and geopmetry info
' > /root/my-applications/bin/wdg
#---------------------------
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
wmctrl -d; wmctrl -l -G
#get windows and geopmetry info-alt

' > /root/my-applications/bin/w11
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return F2 ctrl+7
#for precise, the F2 wasn't needed.
#script to execute the following string in geany (needs a few tweaks to the keyboard config file or a swap with the key.config file in the word processing and related folder at the pupli repo.
# send line where cursor sits (or what's been highlighted) to the terminal, run it, close the terminal, return to the editing view.
#you may want to put compile and build back (f8 and f9, iirc) if you like geany's built in shortcuts. i messed with those but they have nothing to do with the vtg function.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/v
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#name t and place in root/my-applications/bin and/or /nwp
#lxterminal
#roxterm
#urxvt
#sakura
#evilvte
#vte
#lxterminal
rxvt
# launch terminal of your choice with "t"

' > /root/my-applications/bin/t
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
# name rr
rox /; xdotool key ctrl+b Down Down Right Down
#^one down on the recently visited list

' > /root/my-applications/bin/rr
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/rl
# rox launcher for /nwp. customize--the folder is layed out like an extended my-documents in some respects. it's goal is partially to make your files and customizations more portable and/or keep them out of the save file, save folder, or /root in general. use this, the leafpad version, and the geany version to navigate and create on the fly.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/rl
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n-rad" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--entry --entry-label="Run command:" \
--column="command" --entry-text "rox /root/my-my-documents/")

$CMDLINE &
exit 0
#replace path in --entry-text "" field with target directory
# use launcher to navigate subdirectories (or launch defaults) starting with /root/my-documents/ as the preloaded level.
# nwp version is launched by "rl"

' > /root/my-applications/bin/rad
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n-rab" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "rox /root/my-applications/bin/")

$CMDLINE &
exit 0

# use launcher to navigate subdirectories (or launch defaults) starting with /root/my-applications/bin/ as the preloaded level.
# nwp version is launched by "rl"

' > /root/my-applications/bin/rab
echo $'

#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "/nwp/")

$CMDLINE &
exit 0
#main (nwp) launcher

' > /root/my-applications/bin/p-
echo $'

#!/bin/sh
/nwp/p-| xdotool sleep .4s key Right
#main launcher with a .4 second time delay before it sweeps right. adjust for your hardware.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/-p
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/-p| xdotool sleep .3s key Right
#use this to launch the commands and menus in /nwp

#main launcher with a .3 second time delay before it sweeps right. adjust for your hardware.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/p
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/ll
# leafpad launcher for /nwp. customize--the folder is layed out like an extended my-documents in some respects. it's goal is partially to make your files and customizations more portable and/or keep them out of the save file, save folder, or /root in general. use this, the leafpad version, and the geany version to navigate and create on the fly.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/ll
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n-lad" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "lad /root/my-documents/")

$CMDLINE &
exit 0
#use launcher to open or create documents with leafpad starting with /root/my-documents/ as the top level

' > /root/my-applications/bin/lad
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n-lab" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "leafpad /root/my-applications/bin/")
$CMDLINE &
exit 0
#use launcher to open or create documents or scripts with leafpad starting with /root/my-applications/bin/ as the top level
#nwp version is launched by "ll"

' > /root/my-applications/bin/lab
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/gl
# geany launcher for /nwp. customize--the folder is layed out like an extended my-documents in some respects. it's goal is partially to make your files and customizations more portable and/or keep them out of the save file, save folder, or /root in general. use this, the leafpad version, and the geany version to navigate and create on the fly.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/gl
echo $'
#!/bin/sh

--title="pw,n-gad" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "geany /root/my-documents/")

$CMDLINE &
exit 0

# use launcher to open or create documents with geany starting with /root/my-documents/ as the top level

' > /root/my-applications/bin/gad
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n-gab" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "geany /root/my-applications/bin/")
$CMDLINE &
exit 0
#use launcher to open or create documents or scripts with geany starting with /root/my-applications/bin/ as the top level
# nwp/pwn/puup version is launched by "gl"

' > /root/my-applications/bin/gab
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#name f and place in root/my-applications/bin and/or /nwp
findnrun
#grun
#pexec
#pxc
#prun
#gexec

#find and run is far superior at finding built in programs than nearly everything. use "f" in place of tab tab, etc.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/f
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
#D=$(echo "`wmctrl -d`" | grep "\*" | grep -o "^[0-9]*");R=$(echo -n "`wmctrl -lx`" | awk -F"[ .]+" '{if ($2=='$D' && $3=="ROX-Filer") print $1}');for i in $R;do wmctrl -ic $i;done
#closeallrox
rox -D /
# very convenient

' > /root/my-applications/bin/cr
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
--title="pw,n-chab" --window-icon="gtk-execute" \
--column="command" --entry-text "chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bin/")

$CMDLINE &
exit 0
#set permissions in /root/my-applications/bin/ so program can run
# the nwp version is launched by ch.

' > /root/my-applications/bin/chab
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/ch-| xdotool sleep .3s key Right
# change permissions of scripts in /nwp

' > /root/my-applications/bin/ch

chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bin/ch /root/my-applications/bin/chab /root/my-applications/bin/cr /root/my-applications/bin/f /root/my-applications/bin/gab /root/my-applications/bin/gad /root/my-applications/bin/gl /root/my-applications/bin/lab /root/my-applications/bin/lad /root/my-applications/bin/ll /root/my-applications/bin/p /root/my-applications/bin/-p /root/my-applications/bin/p- /root/my-applications/bin/rab /root/my-applications/bin/rad /root/my-applications/bin/rl /root/my-applications/bin/rr /root/my-applications/bin/t /root/my-applications/bin/v /root/my-applications/bin/w11 /root/my-applications/bin/wdg /root/my-applications/bin/ww

with this, a regular launcher can navigate through the eyes/capabilities of rox, leafpad, or geany by accessing a few scripts moved in /root/my-applications/bin. it also allows access to all the /nwp functions. new launcher functions:

rad
rab
gad
gab
lad
lab
chab

r = rox prefix
ad = starting level is /root/my-documents
ab = starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
ch = chmod 755 (allow script to run) prefix
l = leafpad prefix
g = launcher starts with geany as its prefix.

nwp/file is the my-documents equivalent in that location, which is launched by the prefix and l for launcher, i.e. gl, rl, ll. permissions is a lone "ch." add a dash if you want the pre-highlighted version instead (pertains only to nwp versions--the others are mostly pre-highlighted when you launch them).[/quote]

am also in the process of trying to get the cheat sheet on the previous page (or so) in order...

Puppus Dogfellow

here's the update in .gz and .xz compressed folder form

#35 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

it's grown...probably better to decompress from / as the transfer takes a couple of minutes or so.

NWP-11-15-1.tar.xz and NWP-11-15-1.tar.gz

pick the xz or gz. folder contains updated nwp folder, instructions, the launchers, the cheat sheet (or launch codes), and links for the dependencies and recommended programs. (next version will likely contain the pets themselves).

links from the dependency file/an example of one of the dependency files:
wmctrl
aemenu
xdotool

(use the 64 bit versions linked below)
_________
see recommended pets for programs some of the terminal shortcuts call and which would otherwise not work without their having been installed.

next version of this will have the dependencies and helper programs bundled with them. shouldn't add much more to the 650 kb compressed folder (which, somewhat unfortunately, decompresses to about 23 mb).

here are links to xdotool:
xdotool-2.20110530.1-3.pet

xdotool-2.20110530.1-3.1.2.x86_64.rpm

here are links to wmctrl:

wmctrl-1.07-x86_64-1.pet

wmctrl-1.07-6_i386.pet

here are the links to aemenu:

aemenu-1.2.12.pet

aemenufor64bit.tar.xz
(unpack and place in /root/my-applications/bin/)

tested in quirky 7.2-64 and precise 5.7.1, 5.7.2, and 5.5

p. dogfellow 10/31/15

contents of the How To Proceed file:

1. move the contents of the "move_contents_to_root_my_apps_bin" folder to /root/my-applications/bin.
2. move the /nwp folder over to / (top level)
3. if you're missing the dependencies, install the appropriate ones (32 or 64 bit).
4. make a shortcut key for the p launcher using rox or your windows manager.
5. install any recommended pets or scripts.
6. check out the cheat sheet (leafpad "/nwp/nwp and launcher commands" or geany "/nwp/nwp and launcher commands" for the commands and the support/"support" threads:

repo (grab deps and helper programs)

jwm (mostly relevant to next version)

geany/vtg

nwp

distro that uses the above

_______

post that contains most of the terminal and launcher shortcuts

--------------

fwiw, it took about ten attempts to get this post to show. never had that happen on this forum before--tried with both chrome and ff. preview was consistently missing--i think it had something to do with hyperlinks--i fiddled with them and the post showed, but there was nothing actually wrong with them. nothing that's presented a problem in the past anyway.

:?:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#36 Post by Flash »

It would have been the hyperlinks. Anything the forum software doesn't like -- spaces, carriage returns, etc -- in a hyperlink in a post will cause the post to display as blank. Even perfectly legal URLs will sometimes do it.

Puppus Dogfellow

#37 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

contents of the How To Proceed file:

Quote:

1. move the contents of the "move_contents_to_root_my_apps_bin" folder to /root/my-applications/bin.
2. move the /nwp folder over to / (top level)
3. if you're missing the dependencies, install the appropriate ones (32 or 64 bit).
4. make a shortcut key for the p launcher using rox or your windows manager.
5. install any recommended pets or scripts.
6. check out the cheat sheet (leafpad "/nwp/nwp and launcher commands" or geany "/nwp/nwp and launcher commands" for the commands and the support/"support" threads:

repo (grab deps and helper programs)

jwm (mostly relevant to next version)

geany/vtg

nwp

distro that uses the above

even though the next version delves more into the tweaks to jwm and its menus, there are still a few keyboard shortcuts that some of the more useful shorts in the /nwp folder call on--move, resize, max, min, the windows menu, and the rest below require the following to be moved to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal:

<Key mask="A" key="Escape">fullscreen</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="Escape">showdesktop</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="Escape">window</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="Escape">move</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="Escape">minimize</Key>
<Key mask="CS" key="Escape">maximize</Key>   
<Key mask="SAC" key="Escape">resize</Key>
see http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 838#850838 for more on this, and the two posts above it for more on the aemenus (the one in between has links to the original launchers; pexec and gexec seemed to be the only two that were able to call the cryptic mini titles when they were part of the PATH. the main launchers are all modified versions of pexec.)

if you're using the escape key for other things (escape by itself is unaffected by the above), you can open the lot for editing with geany /nwp/mv /nwp/mn /nwp/mx /nwp/wn /nwp/rs /nwp/desk (you'd need to assign those functions to alternate keys).

-----

not sure why the grid scripts (move to a specified point on both the x and y axes) work in 64 bit while the (move to) x and y (same syntax, just three fewer fields filled in) scripts do not, but this is the case (both are fine in 32 bit).

:?

Puppus Dogfellow

goto desktop 1-10 nwp commands were missing from last batch

#38 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

just decompress and dump into the /nwp folder (make sure the permissions are set).

the goto desktops 11-24 are there, but the first ten are somehow missing. here they are:

d1-10fornwp.tar.xz

Puppus Dogfellow

a couple of menus for the template files and some links

#39 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

here are some links to "helper" programs i've mentioned, raved about, or discussed, but may not have made easy for you to get:

find and run: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=98330

pupmates: http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html

multi rename: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... f906122e9a

winswitcher (included in /nwp, called by ww): http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=95673

speed dials (included in /nwp, called by sd or sdr):http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=95656

firewall toggle: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 207f42a869

and here's an aemenu menu to give you a popup for three (or two, depending on how you look at it) versions of three of the word processing templates (sans, mono, and serif opened in leaf pad or geany, or spit out as repair/anywhere code.) dump it in /nwp along with the launch script:
menu "templates: two versions"
menu "rebuild/spit template code"
cmd "sans serif template" "/nwp/san1"
cmd "serif template" "/nwp/serf1"
cmd "mono template" "/nwp/mono1"

end
menu "rename and use"
cmd "mono  opened in geany" "/nwp/mono"
cmd "mono opened in leafpad" "/nwp/monol"
cmd "sans opened in geany" "/nwp/sans"
cmd "sans opened in leafpad" "/nwp/sansl"
cmd "serif opened in geany" "/nwp/serf"
cmd "serif opened in leafpad" "/nwp/serfl"
end
end
aemenu menus need a launcher and a title. well call the menu tempa and the script that calls it tem; place both in /nwp:

#!/bin/sh
#name tem--this is what code will launch the menu
aemenu -rc /nwp/tempa
#name the menu tempa--pick something you can remember but which hasn't been given to something else in /nwp. if you launch a title in the leafpad launcher and it the document comes up blank, it's unassigned.
here's a jwm version--doesn't need a launcher but needs to be placed on a jwm menu (the nwp menu's as good a place as any):

<Menu label="templates: two versions" icon="" height="16">

<Menu label="rebuild/spit template code" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="sans serif template" icon="" >/nwp/san1</Program>
<Program label="serif template" icon="" >/nwp/serf1</Program>
<Program label="mono template" icon="" >/nwp/mono1</Program>
<Program label="" icon="" >/nwp/</Program>
<Program label="" icon="" >/nwp/</Program>
</Menu>
<Menu label="rename and use" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="mono  opened in geany" icon="" >/nwp/mono</Program>
<Program label="mono opened in leafpad" icon="" >/nwp/monol</Program>
<Program label="sans opened in geany" icon="" >/nwp/sans</Program>
<Program label="sans opened in leafpad" icon="" >/nwp/sansl</Program>
<Program label="serif opened in geany" icon="" >/nwp/serf</Program>
<Program label="serif opened in leafpad" icon="" >/nwp/serfl</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

Puppus Dogfellow

improved menus add in pack: drop-in improvement for both jwm

#40 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp-menu-addins.tar.xz

the included readme:
Instructions:
add the contents of the folders to their labeled destinations.
if something won't run, enter the launch code in the ch version of the launcher.

this add in pack improves the ae and jwm nwp menu system. for aemenu use, it's just a new launch code to learn--"tem" in the launcher gives you the following:

menu "Individual Duals and The Dual Launchers Folder"
cmd "duals folder for drag and drop/batch launching" "/nwp/duals"
cmd "geany, chrome" "/nwp/ggc"
cmd "geany new instance, chrome" "/nwp/gigc"
cmd "geany new instance, opera" "/nwp/gio"
cmd "leafpad, chromium" "/nwp/lgc"
cmd "geany new instance, firefox" "/nwp/gif"
cmd "default text editor, default browser" "/nwp/def"
cmd "geany, firefox" "/nwp/gf"
cmd "default text editor, firefox" "/nwp/tef"
cmd "leafpad, firefox" "/nwp/lff"
cmd "geany, default browser" "/nwp/gb"
cmd "geany new instance, default browser" "/nwp/gib"
cmd "leafpad, default browser" "/nwp/leb"
cmd "leafpad, seamonkey" "/nwp/leafy"
cmd "leafpad, dillo" "/nwp/dlll"
cmd "geany, dillo" "/nwp/ged"
cmd "geany, seamonkey" "nwp/ges"
cmd "leafpad, opera" "/nwp/lop"
cmd "geany, palemoon" "/nwp/gep"
cmd "geany, chromium" "/nwp/gc"
cmd "geany new instance, palemoon" "/nwp/gip"
cmd "geany new instance, chromium" "/nwp/gic"
cmd "leafpad, palemoon" "/nwp/lep"
cmd "geany new instance, dillo" "/nwp/gid"
cmd "leafpad, chromium" "/nwp/lec"
cmd "geany new instance, seamonkey" "/nwp/gis"
cmd "geany new instance, slimjet" "/nwp/gij"
cmd "geany, slimjet" "/nwp/gj"
cmd "geany, netsurf" "/nwp/gn"
cmd "geany new instance, netsurf" "/nwp/gin"
cmd "leafpad, netsurf" "/nwp/lns"
cmd "leafpad, slimjet" "/nwp/lj"
end
cmd "Templates, Two Versions:" "templates: two versions"
cmd "1. Rebuild/Spit Template Code/Convert to NWP (html):" "rebuild/spit template code"
cmd " sans serif template" "/nwp/san1"
cmd " serif template" "/nwp/serf1"
cmd " mono template" "/nwp/mono1"

cmd "2. Rename And Use:" "rename and use:"
cmd " mono  opened in geany" "/nwp/mono"
cmd " mono opened in leafpad" "/nwp/monol"
cmd " sans opened in geany" "/nwp/sans"
cmd " sans opened in leafpad" "/nwp/sansl"
cmd " serif opened in geany" "/nwp/serf"
cmd " serif opened in leafpad" "/nwp/serfl"

the same menu in a slightly different form has now been added to the main (n, n1, n2, n3) aemenu word processing menus and the jwm nwp menu, which you could add to an existing jwm setup with

<Include>/nwp/root3/nwpmenujwm</Include>

or the larger (because it contains all the windows manipulation entries and supplemental menus),

<Include>/nwp/root3/menu3</Include>

added to any root menus you have. if your puppy is like most, the default right click menu is (made from) the _root_.jwmrc file in /etc/xdg/templates/--add either line to the file at your desired position, save it, then enter

fixmenus; jwm -restart
into a terminal. (second includes the first as a submenu and is already in the /nwp/root3 folder. since it doesn't need to be altered, nwpmenujwm is the only file for transfer in the folder headed for /nwp/root3. it's probably an unnecessary complication to keep the jwm mods in a subdirectory of nwp rather than nwp itself. if you decide to change this, remember to change the paths in the <Includes> lines to match the new location).

if you've already noticed the nine menus in /nwp/root3 and are actually using them and want to manually add the new submenu to one of the other menus instead/addtionally, you could copy and paste the following in the position(s) of your choice:

<Menu label="templates: two versions" icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="rebuild/spit template code" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="sans serif template" icon="" >/nwp/san1</Program>
<Program label="serif template" icon="" >/nwp/serf1</Program>
<Program label="mono template" icon="" >/nwp/mono1</Program>
</Menu>
<Menu label="rename and use" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="mono opened in geany" icon="" >/nwp/mono</Program>
<Program label="mono opened in leafpad" icon="" >/nwp/monol</Program>
<Program label="sans opened in geany" icon="" >/nwp/sans</Program>
<Program label="sans opened in leafpad" icon="" >/nwp/sansl</Program>
<Program label="serif opened in geany" icon="" >/nwp/serf</Program>
<Program label="serif opened in leafpad" icon="" >/nwp/serfl</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Menu label= "dual launchers">
<Program label="duals folder for drag and drop/batch launching">/nwp/duals</Program>
<Program label="geany, chrome">/nwp/ggc</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, chrome">/nwp/gigc</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, opera">/nwp/gio</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, chromium">/nwp/lgc</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, firefox">/nwp/gif</Program>
<Program label="default text editor, default browser">/nwp/def</Program>
<Program label="geany, firefox">/nwp/gf</Program>
<Program label="default text editor, firefox">/nwp/tef</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, firefox">/nwp/lff</Program>
<Program label="geany, default browser">/nwp/gb</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, default browser">/nwp/gib</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, default browser">/nwp/leb</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, seamonkey">/nwp/leafy</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, dillo">/nwp/dlll</Program>
<Program label="geany, dillo">/nwp/ged</Program>
<Program label="geany, seamonkey">nwp/ges</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, opera">/nwp/lop</Program>
<Program label="geany, palemoon">/nwp/gep</Program>
<Program label="geany, chromium">/nwp/gc</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, palemoon">/nwp/gip</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, chromium">/nwp/gic</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, palemoon">/nwp/lep</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, dillo">/nwp/gid</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, chromium">/nwp/lec</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, seamonkey">/nwp/gis</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, slimjet">/nwp/gij</Program>
<Program label="geany, slimjet">/nwp/gj</Program>
<Program label="geany, netsurf">/nwp/gn</Program>
<Program label="geany new instance, netsurf">/nwp/gin</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, netsurf">/nwp/lns</Program>
<Program label="leafpad, slimjet">/nwp/lj</Program>
</Menu>

_________
summary:

added slimjet and netsurf browsers to the dual launcher folder and menus. added dual launchers and templates submenus to the jwm and aemenus that get called for the nooby word processor functions. added stand alone aemenus for templates (tem is the launch code) and dual launchers ("dual". "duals" will get you the folder, which is better for batch loading, though the vtg is arguably better at managing, editing, and keeping track of the batches. a page opened in geany with a series of either individual or groups of files (full path) preceded by the launch code and a space is the closest the Nooby Word Processor has to a Start Center. see the cheat sheet for the launch codes for the text editor-browser pairing or use the menu itself as the cheat sheet (label is what it does, the slash-noop-prog bit is what you'd need for the geany file.)

bugfix for dead alt+z keyboard shortcut (vtg or virtual terminal genie/geany)

some jwm personal files (if you've gone that route with the nwp folder and pwn launcher) have an incorrect vtg keyboard shortcut in jwmrc-personal. it should read:

<Key mask="A" key="z">exec:xdotool key alt+1 Down Return</Key>

this requires vgt atop the root 1 menu. use the launcher (v) or a button or icon if you don't have a menu entry or place it on a menu you do have and adjust the call accordingly--the keyboard can't use the shortcut without the menu's help for some reason. incorrect versions have "exec:/nwp/v." it's not as sure a bet, but you could try "exec:xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return F2 ctrl+7" this doesn't require a menu entry but appears to fail for the same reason the keyboard shortcut that calls the script directly does--it's launching the key presses in the rox folder holding it instead of the geany window on the screen (and allegedly active). as to the key code and why it may be different than other versions of what you'll find in /nwp/v, quirky april and werewolf need the F2--precise 5.5 and 5.7 didn't. it works with the F2 in unicornpup, and there's no reason it would really interfere with the function, so it's the new default. i haven't yet tried it without it in any 32 bit pups but precise, but it may be a 64 bit geany versus a 32 bit geany thing: not all of the functions present in the 32 bit nwp/pwn setup work in 64 bit, but this is generally because of either wmctrl or xdotool commands that fail. word processor functions work and so do grids--i'm still in the process of discovering dead commands in 64 bit.)

puppus dogfellow, 11/25/15

compressed folder contains:

copy contents to nwp copy contents to nwp_root3 read.me

copy contents to nwp:
0h dual gin gn lns pst tempa wp1
dua gij gj lj nwpmenu tem tempa2 wp2

copy contents to nwp_root3:
nwpmenujwm

0h is htop--must've grabbed it accidentally.

one version of an earlier upgrade script may've given a malformed ll launcher--it should have a space between the "leafpad" and the "/nwp"--easiest fix is main launcher, ll, l-. add a space to the line with --column="command" in it so it looks like this:

--column="command" --entry-text "leafpad /nwp/")

_______

edit:

if you're using the jwmrc personal file in /nwp/root3/9 and want keycuts for sendto and goto for the 24 desktops, or if you're using the rox pinboard hopabouts, this post may be of interest.

(it's also got a little bit about adding history capability to the launcher as a memory aid for some of the noop stuff.)

Puppus Dogfellow

a little late but here's an actual screen shot...

#41 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

this is a screen shot of the aemenus popping up but not actually acting on anything, but i think it's better than what i did before, which was give a picture of the jwm version and say, "it's sort of like this." new version will give you 150 free shortcut keys to modify for jwm--anybody want it for a different file manager, post your choice (and the keyboard shortcut syntax if possible.) for now, new version relies on the pop up menus placed on the function keys or launched with the launcher. i tried to keep the codes intuitive and short, but clicking a key you yourself have set up or reading something off a menu to choose it have their obvious advantages. shift plus space bar activated launcher's pretty fast once you get used to it. n is main nwp, which includes supplemental menus and windows manipulations menus. n1 is just the word processing stuff. n2 is just the highlight and select version, which is a little slow and limited compared to n3, the paste and pace version of the codes.

here are the codes for what's popping up above:

aef (for "aefull") will display all they ae menus, which is how the jwm menu handles them.
what it does -- what to enter into the main nwp launcher
nwp and submenus -- n
word processor 1 -- n1
paste and place formatting codes -- n2
highlight and select formatting codes -- n3
supplemental -- s
single monitors, halves and quarters -- 1
double monitors, halves and quarters -- 2
pw,n launchers for nwp -- pwns
grids (x and y by 100 pixel increments) -- g
extra (older) windows manipulation menu -- o
points on axis y -- y
points on axis x -- x
width by fives -- w
height by fives -- h
templates and dual launchers -- tem
aemenu dual launchers -- dual
aemenu window size and placement supplemental -- w1

Puppus Dogfellow

#42 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

aef (for "aefull") will display all the ae menus, which is how the jwm menu handles them.
shot of the jwm version of the nwp menu on root 1 (left click. if you're using the jwmrc-personal file in /nwp/root3/9, it's also alt+1). some minor changes (don't use the showdesktop button on the menus submenu--won't be around for the next round) and a few additions, but it's more or less the same as it will be for the next version (if you've been doing the add in packs). anyway, the screen shot in the first post reflects an older version. last thing the jwm version does in the gif is call the aemenu version of paste and paste menu (which i believe is potentially the most useful.) next version of keyboard shortcut templates will offer pop up menus and a few or the ht-b -based (highlight and embolden by miram--it takes what you highlight, copies it to the clipboard, adds the appropriate tags, pastes it back in place--it's slower, but it's cooler to watch) scripts to give a more traditional word processor feel to the interface/"interface." here's the screenshot:

some functions won't work without some keys (most of which have been reworked in the upcoming version) being moved over (escape set, (i think the) space bar set is a good idea regardless, the alt plus number set...), but if you want the menu, add
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root1menu</Include>
to your jwmrc-personal file and restart jwm.

Puppus Dogfellow

a bug fix and an update

#43 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp-12-6-15.tar.xz

nwp-recs.tar.xz

from the edited and not included version of the instruction file:
install the deps in the dependencies folder (pets and, in the case of 64 bit, there's an xz of aemenu you have to unpack and move to the path (e.g.: /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin, /usr/sbin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/X11R7/bin, /root/my-applications/bin, /usr/games, or /opt/jre/bin. you may have more or fewer, but those are easy enough to find)). move the nwp folder to top level (make it /nwp). enter the following into a terminal or run as a script:

cp /nwp/ww /root/my-applications/bin/ww
cp /nwp/f /root/my-applications/bin/f
cp /nwp/t /root/my-applications/bin/t
cp /nwp/p /root/my-applications/bin/p
cp /nwp/rr /root/my-applications/bin/rr
chmod 755 /nwp/ww /root/my-applications/bin/ww
chmod 755 /nwp/f /root/my-applications/bin/f
chmod 755 /nwp/t /root/my-applications/bin/t
chmod 755 /nwp/p /root/my-applications/bin/p
chmod 755 /nwp/rr /root/my-applications/bin/rr
chmod 755 /nwp/ch /nwp/p /nwp/ll /nwp/gl /nwp/chab /nwp/rl
/nwp/joop

pick the tab in geany (which should have opened) for /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc. comment out the bottom tray if you want to use the new bottom tray, or just comment out the dock if you want it on the upper tray without having to swap out your stock tray for the new one.

mtk is the file you edit for trays, keys and keys 2 have the default customizations and the 120 or so blanks respectively. (hopefully the files are sufficiently commented)

if you want the nine menu version, add
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/mtk</Include>
to your /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file

if you want only the jwm menu on root one, add
<Include>/nwp/root3/10/root1menu</Include>
to your /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file.

if you just want the aemenu version, make a keyboard shortcut for the p file you copied over to /root/my-applications/bin. use "elp" for help in learning the codes. aef will give you a pop up of all the aemenu menus. below is the new help file that pops up when you enter "elp" into the launcher (leafpad help became lelp, which is the file elp calls. open it in the ll launcher, modify, rename help or hayelp, ll in the main launcher, name the new file (as you open it) with hmn (since those keys are all together and indicate pause), scz in the launcher, leafpad /nwp/help or hayelp, save, ch in the launcher, hmn, and you have an extra note taking scrap pop up. you could use leafpad as a pop up script maker or a note taker like xpad, but with better title and path management (no cool pop up menu though).

the recommended helper programs (including python for some pdf stuff by rcrsn51--without that it'd be almost as small as the nwp itself) are packed separately. if you are going to comment out (surround with <!-- -->) the <Include>/nwp/root/.jwmrc-tray</Include> line in /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc (recommended even if you don't comment it out after you recopy it (recommended) to your /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file--frees you from needing to run fix menus for changes to that tray to take effect), you'll need to run fix menus to free the desktop of it. most other changes require only jwm -restart (keys and other trays' buttons) or jwm -reload (menus only need that--it's the quickest of the three).

so the nooby uuord processor and uber utilites pack is now officially nwp and the launcher pwn. it's the new word processor because you never get done modifying it...it's always somewhat new...

anyway, the spacebar placement and quick codes are supposed to flow with you, and a geany document with the vtg enabled can be a decent start center, but you may want to use the keys for file launching. joop in the launcher opens up keys and keys 2; v activates the vtg, which will allow you to launch lines of code just like you'd do with the keys, but you'd be able to see and modify the lists on the fly.

contents of the recs folder:

dash-0.5.6.pet mupdf-1.4.pet python-2.7.pet
findnrun-1.10.5.pet peasypdf-3.3.pet SimplePythonHTTPServer-1.0.pet
gexec-0.4-pup1.pet pexec-001.pet tas-1.9.pet
img2pdf_tahrpup-1.1.pet PupControl-2.7.pet Xournal_Puppy-0.4.8.pet

aemenu, xdotool, and wmctrl are included in the 32 and 64 deps folders. overall, it's been lightened, the showdesktop on the menu bug has been removed (jwm issue--works as a key and a button, but you can't call it or a button for it from the menu (windows functions called like that generally work), the help files have been improved, and a few conveniences have been added. jwm menus have been reworked for convenience, but i never discussed them much before so this is basically an introduction to them rather than an announcement of change. copies of the files you'd be inserting into your jwm personal file below.

--p.dogfellow, 12/6/15

(from the edited readme/instruction file i should've included in the upload--one in the folder doesn't even mention fix menus. you're likely going to have overlapping trays without fixmenus...)
here are the jwm files you'd be including:

mtk, which includes the two keyboard files that follow it.

<JWM>

<!--  
name mtk and activate by placing 
somewhere in your jwmrc.personal file. joop in the launcher will open the necessary jwm files and mtk will open the necessary nwp files. for the single additional root menu version (rather than nine--it's set to only add root1), use joop2 to open the files and add <Include>/nwp/root3/10/root1menu</Include> to your jwmrc-personal file.
-->

<Include>/nwp/root3/9/keys2</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/keys</Include>
<!--	<Include>/root/.jwmrc-tray</Include>-->

<!--(^you'd need to uncomment your original tray in that file (surround it with arrows like you see with this line) to not have it interfere with the new one, should you choose to include it.)-->

<!-- Number of virtual desktops -->
<Desktops width="8" height="3"/>

<!--
desktops for you to modify, but as with the <!--	<Include>/root/.jwmrc-tray</Include>--> below, you'd need to comment something out elsewhere for it to be meaningful. if you want the 24 desktops, comment out the one in your jwmrc-personal file. if you want the alternate bottom tray with the dock on the top, comment out the jwmrc-tray line in /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc. if you don't want the one that comes with this file, comment out 
 <Include>/nwp/root3/9/3.jwmrc-tray</Include>  

comment out or delete the <Desktops width="8" height="3"/> above if you'd rather not have the 24 (this file assumes them--kind of hard to justify all the function key cuts devoted to the lot otherwise)
 note: joop in the launcher opens jwm config files for editing. gnysys2 opens quite a few more config files (may catch what's missed).
if you want a right side lower tray or a right side floppy tray, add 
  	<Include>/nwp/root3/9/2.jwmrc-tray</Include>
for the lower, and 
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/vtray2</Include>
for the side slide out. (you'll have to adjust them for the width of your monitors if you're on a dual screen set up) by placing either or
both on the other side of the arrow below: 
 -->

<IconPath>/nwp/icons</IconPath>
<IconPath>/nwp/root3/icons</IconPath>  
<!--  stick your icons in either folder above to easily (you'll no longer need the full path) place them on the menus later-->  

<Include>/nwp/root3/9/3.jwmrc-tray</Include>
<!--  ^ should've been named 2.jwmrc-tray. that's the lower left/main bottom tray. active in this file by default, place the arrow that begins this comment on the line above it to disable it.-->

<Include>/nwp/root/places_submenu</Include>
<!--  needed for MochiMoppel's bookmarks script (which gives Places on the menus) to work-->

<Include>/nwp/root3/9/topright</Include>	
<!--  you can have as many tasklists or pagers as you like, but you're limited to one dock. if you prefers yours in the stock location, you don't have to do anything. if you'd prefer it on the top, commenting out your tray would do it. if you'd prefer it on the bottom, just keep your stock bottom tray--it will override the one on the top tray. move the arrow that begins this comment up a line to disable the top tray. disable (comment out) <Include>/nwp/root3/9/3.jwmrc-tray</Include> if you're keeping your lower tray as it will interfere with it. the name's a hold over from when there were two upper trays. it's more or less a centrally placed tray containing the dock, the pager, and buttons for root menus 6-(1)0, show desktop, and the vtg. because of the pixel boarder along the left and the show desktop at the top, the custom bottom tray doesn't include a menu button or a show desktop buttons--go to the bottom left corner or all along the left edge (and any where on the wallpaper and most of the top of the screen) for root menus 1-3 (four and five are the scroll wheel).-->

<Include>/nwp/root3/9/vtray1</Include>
<!--  left side tray hidden tray is active by default. as above, move the arrow to comment it out/disable it.-->

<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root0menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root1menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root2menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root4menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root5menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root6menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root7menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root8menu</Include>
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/root9menu</Include>

<!-- <TrayButton label="1">root:1</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="2">root:2</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="4">root:4</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="5">root:5</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="6">root:6</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="7">root:7</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="8">root:8</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="9">root:9</TrayButton> -->
<!-- <TrayButton label="0">root:0</TrayButton> --> 

<!--  you need an anchor for the root menus to work--first versions used tray buttons/imaginary tray buttons. you could delete the TrayButton bit or use it as a template. by default all nine custom menus are activated by the <Include>/nwp/root3/9/mtk</Include> line. move the arrow that starts this comment above the <Include>/nwp/root3/9/root0menu</Include> line to disable all of them. these are the ten root menus. (vgt function on the keyboard and tray wouldn't function without it in its position on the root1menu)
  -->

<Tray x="200" y="1">
      <Spacer width="1" height="1"/>
   </Tray>
#t

<Tray x="1" y="200">
   </Tray>
#l

<!--  
   <Tray x="3357" y="200">
   </Tray>
   #r
<Tray x="200" y="-27">
</Tray>
#d

<Tray x="200" y="-1">
   </Tray>

spacer trays so the menu items work/can be accessed on screens with fully maximized windows. left and top active by default.
-->

<!--  
<Group>
 <Name>roxterm</Name>
 <Option>noborder</Option>
 <Option>notitle</Option>
 <Option>sticky</Option>
 </Group>
-->

</JWM>

keys:

<JWM>

<!-- Key bindings -->

<!--  alt z is the vtg, alt g is the help files for the vtg and nwp, alt shift g is the grids pop up (aemenu set up to divide the screen into 100 pixel placement points)-->
<Key mask="A" key="z">exec:xdotool key alt+1 Down Return</Key>	
<Key mask="A" key="g">exec:geany /nwp/vtg5</Key>	
<Key mask="AS" key="g">exec:/nwp/g</Key>	

<!--  alt shift g is grid menu (move windows around the screen by 100 pixel increments), alt g opens vtg help files in geany, alt plus z is the vtg-->

<Key key="Up">up</Key>
<Key key="Down">down</Key>
<Key key="Right">right</Key>
<Key key="Left">left</Key>
<Key key="h">left</Key>
<Key key="j">down</Key>
<Key key="k">up</Key>
<Key key="l">right</Key>
<Key key="Return">select</Key>
<Key key="Escape">escape</Key>	

<Key mask="C" key="Tab">prev</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Tab">next</Key>

<!--  a, b, q do the following:

q series is quarter sized up to five (which is configurable and centrally placed);
q6 and q7 set the active window to left and right halves of the screen respectively
q1     q2                    q8                         
     q5                    q6    q7         
q3     q4                    q9    

-3--------------------------- 6
1 2----------------------- 8 9
-4 ----------------------------7

b5=full screen left, b10=full screen right. b series is halves and wholes.

1 2--------------6 7
--5----------------10
3 4--------------8 9

a# series is quadrants... 

one of the most up to date versions of the cheat sheet available (to cross reference codes)

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=860701#860701

-->

<Key mask="C" key="F12">exec:/nwp/n1</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F11">exec:/nwp/n</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F10">exec:/nwp/q10</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F9">exec:/nwp/q9</Key
<Key mask="C" key="F8">exec:/nwp/q8</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F7">exec:/nwp/q7</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F6">exec:/nwp/q6</Key
<Key mask="C" key="F5">exec:/nwp/q5</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F4">exec:/nwp/q4</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F3">exec:/nwp/q3</Key
<Key mask="C" key="F2">exec:/nwp/q2</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="F1">exec:/nwp/q1</Key>

<Key mask="AC" key="F12">exec:/nwp/n2</Key
<Key mask="AC" key="F11">exec:/nwp/n3</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F10">exec:/nwp/a10</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F9">exec:/nwp/a9</Key
<Key mask="AC" key="F8">exec:/nwp/a8</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F7">exec:/nwp/a7</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F6">exec:/nwp/a6</Key
<Key mask="AC" key="F5">exec:/nwp/a5</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F4">exec:/nwp/a4</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F3">exec:/nwp/a3</Key
<Key mask="AC" key="F2">exec:/nwp/a2</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="F1">exec:/nwp/a1</Key>

<Key mask="SC" key="F12">exec:/nwp/tem</Key
<Key mask="SC" key="F11">exec:/nwp/s</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F10">exec:/nwp/b10</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F9">exec:/nwp/b9</Key
<Key mask="SC" key="F8">exec:/nwp/b8</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F7">exec:/nwp/b7</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F6">exec:/nwp/b6</Key
<Key mask="SC" key="F5">exec:/nwp/b5</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F4">exec:/nwp/b4</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F3">exec:/nwp/b3</Key
<Key mask="SC" key="F2">exec:/nwp/b2</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="F1">exec:/nwp/b1</Key>

<Key mask="S" key="F1">exec:/nwp/g</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F2">exec:/nwp/wm</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F3">exec:/nwp/o</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F4">window</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F5">move</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F6">resize</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F7">minimize</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F8">maximize</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F9">prev</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F10">next</Key>	
<Key mask="S" key="F11">exec:/nwp/ww</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="F12">exec:/nwp/w1</Key>

<Key mask="AS" key="F1">ldesktop</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F2">rdesktop</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F3">udesktop</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F4">ddesktop</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F5">prevstacked</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F6">nextstacked</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F7">shade</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F8">showdesktop</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F9">fullscreen</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F10">exec:/nwp/pxc</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F11">exec:/nwp/gxc</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="F12">exec:/nwp/p</Key>

<!--  alt plus f1 and f4 are built-ins. -->

<Key mask="A" key="F1">root:3</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F2">window</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F3">/nwp/rr</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F4">close</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F5">/nwp/sd</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F6">/nwp/sdr</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F7">exec:/nwp/w</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F8">exec:/nwp/h</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F9">exec:/nwp/x</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F10">exec:/nwp/y</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F11">exec:/nwp/1</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F12">exec:/nwp/2</Key>
<!--  
in dual monitor setups, the q series could be replaced or modified to give ten additional preset position/dimension commands to active windows or replaced with select select versions of a(1-10) and b(1-10) (called by as(1-10) and bs(1-10)). single monitor setups can get 20 additional custom positionals by editing the a and b series below* (enter ll in the main launcher, then enter the launch code to edit in leafpad. use gl to do the same in geany. the function keys below are for the 24 desktops. windows key sends you to the first 12 desktops, alt+windows key the next 12, control instead of alt for the send to version for 1-12, shift and windows key for desktops 13-24. personally, i think it's easier to use d# and s# in the launcher, but it's here for you to use or modify/reassign. there's no included select version for the quadrants and halves for single monitor setups, but 
geany q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 q6 q7 q8 q9 q10  
will open them up for editing. swap the :ACTIVE: for :SELECT: and rename to qs# if you want them. (next version will likely include them and a few other tweaks to the jwmrc-personal file. 

*the a and b series have now also been moved to the function keys (they're easier to edit (q5 aside as it's the same syntax) than the q series--you'll just be filling out four fields, x,y,w,h) and can be found above. (i'll merely comment out their former location--you could pick which set up you like better).

-->

<Key mask="4" key="F12">exec:/nwp/d12</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F11">exec:/nwp/d11</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F10">exec:/nwp/d10</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F9">exec:/nwp/d9</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F8">exec:/nwp/d8</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F7">exec:/nwp/d7</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F6">exec:/nwp/d6</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F5">exec:/nwp/d5</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F4">exec:/nwp/d4</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F3">exec:/nwp/d3</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F2">exec:/nwp/d2</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="F1">exec:/nwp/d1</Key>

<Key mask="4A" key="F12">exec:/nwp/d24</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F11">exec:/nwp/d23</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F10">exec:/nwp/d22</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F9">exec:/nwp/d21</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F8">exec:/nwp/d20</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F7">exec:/nwp/d19</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F6">exec:/nwp/d18</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F5">exec:/nwp/d17</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F4">exec:/nwp/d16</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F3">exec:/nwp/d15</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F2">exec:/nwp/d14</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="F1">exec:/nwp/d13</Key>
<!--  go to desktops 1-24-->

<Key mask="4C" key="F12">exec:/nwp/s12</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F11">exec:/nwp/s11</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F10">exec:/nwp/s10</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F9">exec:/nwp/s9</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F8">exec:/nwp/s8</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F7">exec:/nwp/s7</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F6">exec:/nwp/s6</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F5">exec:/nwp/s5</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F4">exec:/nwp/s4</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F3">exec:/nwp/s3</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F2">exec:/nwp/s2</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="F1">exec:/nwp/s1</Key>

<Key mask="4S" key="F12">exec:/nwp/s24</Key
<Key mask="4S" key="F11">exec:/nwp/s23</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F10">exec:/nwp/s22</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F9">exec:/nwp/s21</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F8">exec:/nwp/s20</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F7">exec:/nwp/s19</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F6">exec:/nwp/s18</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F5">exec:/nwp/s17</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F4">exec:/nwp/s16</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F3">exec:/nwp/s15</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F2">exec:/nwp/s14</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="F1">exec:/nwp/s13</Key>

<!--  send to desktops 1-24-->

<!-- F12 is a built in. -->

<Key key="F12">root:3</Key>

<Key mask="A" key="Escape">fullscreen</Key> 
<Key mask="C" key="Escape">showdesktop</Key> 
<Key mask="S" key="Escape">window</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="Escape">move</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="Escape">minimize</Key>
<Key mask="CS" key="Escape">maximize</Key>   
<Key mask="SAC" key="Escape">resize</Key> 

<!--  editing the escape series necessitates editing other things. which reminds me, don't use the showdesktop entry on the menu--it doesn't work. use the keys or the buttons. press escape and hold if you hit the showdesktop on the menus (it needs to be removed)-->

<Key mask="A" key="space">exec:rox</Key>
<Key mask="C" key="space">exec:winswitcher</Key>
<Key mask="S" key="space">exec:/nwp/p</Key>
<Key mask="CA" key="space">exec:/nwp/rr</Key>
<Key mask="CS" key="space">exec:/nwp/cr</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="space">exec:/nwp/t</Key>
<Key mask="CAS" key="space">exec:/nwp/rup</Key> 

<!-- 
MochiMoppel's excellent winswitcher allows you to navigate windows better than than the tray does (more options, more keyboard friendly--it's ww in the launcher. rr is rox recents, cr is close all rox, rup is three up from the bottom on the rox bookmarks tab (ctrl plus b in a rox window), rox is activated by alt plus spacebar (ll launcher plus rr will allow you to set what folder is being opened when the recents is being called. you could do the same for rup and rb (rox bookmarks)).
-->

<Key key="h">left</Key>
<Key key="j">down</Key>
<Key key="k">up</Key>
<Key key="l">right</Key>

<Key mask="A" key="h">move</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="j">resize</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="k">prev</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="l">next</Key>

<Key mask="AC" key="h">exec:laa</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="j">exec:lma</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="k">exec:lba</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="l">exec:wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,sticky</Key>

<Key mask="SA" key="h">exec:ccdi</Key>
<Key mask="SA" key="j">close</Key>
<Key mask="SA" key="k">exec:kill</Key>
<Key mask="SA" key="l">exec:cadi</Key>

<!--  mnemonic is "ask to kill"--these are shutdown scripts on the right side home row. alt plus shift plus. the alt controls above it are layer and stickiness.-->

<Key mask="SC" key="h">exec:/nwp/x0</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="j">exec:/nwp/x1200</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="k">exec:/nwp/x2000</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="l">exec:/nwp/x2500</Key> 

<Key mask="SAC" key="h">exec:/nwp/y0</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="j">exec:/nwp/y200</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="k">exec:/nwp/y400</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="l">exec:/nwp/y800</Key>

<!--  these are fairly lame--random spots on the x and y axes -->

<!--  supleft et al scripts (grab and quickly move a window with the arrows) don't work in 64 bit slacko, 64 bit quirky april, or 64 bit werewolf, so there seems to be a problem with the 64 bit versions of xdotool and wmctrl. here's a blank version for you to fill in with whatever you choose (move the comment arrows to the above in 64 bit). note--no "exec:"--add if you're not using windows function.

<Key mask="A" key="Up"></Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Down"></Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Right"></Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Left"></Key>

-->

<Key mask="A" key="Up">exec:/nwp/supup</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Down">exec:/nwp/supdown</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Right">exec:/nwp/supright</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="Left">exec:/nwp/supleft</Key>

<Key mask="AC" key="Up">maximize</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="Down">minimize</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="Right">resize</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="Left">move</Key>

<Key mask="AS" key="Up">fullscreen</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="Down">showdesktop</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="Right">next</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="Left">prev</Key>

<Key mask="SAC" key="Up">exec:/nwp/2</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="Down">exec:/nwp/n</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="Right">exec:/nwp/g</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="Left">exec:/nwp/s</Key>

<!--  nearly everything is now duplicated on the function keys so you could generally pick one or the other/modify either. don't mess with escape or alt plus number though.-->

<Key mask="A" key="1">root:1</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="2">root:2</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="3">root:3</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="4">root:4</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="5">root:5</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="6">root:6</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="7">root:7</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="8">root:8</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="9">root:9</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="0">root:0</Key>

</JWM>

<JWM>

<Key mask="4" key="1">exec:/nwp/n1</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="2">exec:/nwp/n2</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="3">exec:/nwp/n3</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="4">exec:/nwp/n</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="5">exec:/nwp/tem</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="6">exec:/nwp/uh</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="7">exec:/nwp/ii</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="8">exec:/nwp/pbw</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="9">exec:/nwp/paw</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="0">exec:/nwp/elp</Key>

<!--  
the above repeat below as commented out blanks. delete these (or move the arrow on line 14 to line 2) if you'd prefer to use your own. 4 is the windows key. held together with the number specified they execute the following functions (exec code (minus the /nwp/ part) is what gets entered into the launcher, which itself is most conveniently called with the built in spacebar plus shift shortcut):
win+1=main nwp menu
win+2=only the highlight and click to apply word processing codes (thanks again to miriam).
win+3=only the paste and place word processor codes
win+4=main nuup menu: nwp menu as 1 plus the uber utilities packs' functions.
win+5=ae tem menu--access template files or make word processing files out of text files. access a folder for drag and drop launching of batches of files (something that could also be done through the vtg or with launcher if the identical code is sent as a script (i.e. it has #!/bin/sh at the top and has been given the proper permission (e.g. with ch in the launcher followed by its name in the following launcher that pops up)) to the /nwp/ folder.)
win+6=underline -- highlight and activate (through code, key, or menu)
win+7=italics -- paste and paste version
win+8=page break in white, below
win+9=page break in white, above
win+0=help file pop up in leafpad

1 and 5 can be seen as start centers, though the vtg and the remaining blanks can likewise initiate the dual launchers (or any other program, for that matter)
-->
<!--  

blank templates for an additional  132 shortcut keys. they all rely on the ten number keys.	surround path and file name with <Include></Include> and place in /root/.jwmrc-personal. i.e.
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/keys2</Include> 

then jwm -restart/then restart jwm.

uncomment a section below and fill in the program choices of a section to use it.

4 is the windows key; S, A, and C are shift, alt, and control. windows commands generally don't need the "exec:" and things off the PATH need their full paths after it.

the nwp menus (both ae and jwm) allow access to just about (there may've been a few oversights) every word processing command, but it's still menu access instead of button-immediacy, so to get that regular word processor feel back, you may want to have, for example, bold or underline only a key combo away. 
copying the commented out group below and inserting the following (from the vtg cheat sheet that pops up when you hit alt plus g)

bh - adds bold tags around a selection of text in any text editor 
uh - adds underline tags around a selection of text in any text editor 
sth - add strikethrough tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input 
ih - add italics tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input 
bb - print out bold tags 
cmt - print out comment (<!-- -->) tags 
ii - print out italics tags 
st - print out strikethrough tags 
ul - print out underline tags 
tem - open templates/duals menu

these are all in nwp, so they need the path (/nwp/) prepended to them so machine can find them. or you could just pick (and possibly copy to overwrite the versions without the "/nwp/"--just substitute out (through find and replace) the modifiers. substitute the keys to make similar levels of any other keys. well, here they are again, but with the proper path added to the call:

/nwp/bh # adds bold tags around a selection of text in any text editor 
/nwp/uh # adds underline tags around a selection of text in any text editor 
/nwp/sth # add strikethrough tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input 
/nwp/ih # add italics tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input 
/nwp/bb # print out bold tags 
/nwp/cmt # print out comment (<!--  -->) tags 
/nwp/ii # print out italics tags 
/nwp/st # print out strikethrough tags 
/nwp/ul # print out underline tags 
/nwp/tem # open templates/duals menu

(i made them so they'd work in a fake pexec or gexec history pulldown as a launchable cheat sheet, but we just need the /path/file bit for the keys. if you don't have a template with the "exec:" bits already in place, do another substitution, /nwp replaced with exec:/nwp or something similar. then just pick the keys you've got your bold, italics, and whatever else you want (including batch launching and things normally deemed apart from word processing). so that's the basic idea behind the big batch of potential keyboard shortcuts.

-->

<!-- 
<Key mask="AC" key="1">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="2">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="3">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="4">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="5">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="6">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="7">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="8">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="9">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="0">exec:/nwp/</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="AS" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="SC" key="1">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="2">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="3">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="4">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="5">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="6">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="7">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="8">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="9">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="SC" key="0">exec:/nwp/</Key>
-->

<!-- 
<Key mask="SAC" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!--  
<Key mask="4" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="A4" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="A4" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="C4" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C4" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="4S" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="AC4" key="1">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="2">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="3">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="4">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="5">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="6">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="7">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="8">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="9">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" key="0">exec:/nwp/</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="AS4" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="AS4" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->
<!-- 
<Key mask="SC4" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SC4" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->

<!-- 
<Key mask="SAC4" key="1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="SAC4" key="0">exec:</Key>
-->

<!--
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F12">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F11">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F10">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4SAC" key="F1">exec:</Key>

(another set of function key blanks for you to customize)
  -->

</JWM>

this is the help file (as a leafpad document) that pops up when you enter elp in the launcher (or /nwp/elp in a terminal):

edit: didn't fit in one post so adding it below.

Puppus Dogfellow

scrap, scratch, and crib sheets

#44 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

cheat sheet for paste and paste codes. launch with elp, modify to taste and need.
tip: enter lelp2 in the ll launcher (enter ll in the main (p) launcher) to get a blank alternate--use as scrap or a make a more personalized version of this file. ll launcher again, and either open elp to copy it as elp2 or add
|leafpad lelp2
to the line that's there to have both open whenever you call for elp.

hlx - htop (through urxvt) and lxtask
sth - add strikethrough tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
ih - add italics tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
bb - print out bold tags
wm -- go to one of the giant menu submenu menus (presently set for root 0 menu--requires jwm and the root3 folder in /nwp)
t - choice of terminal
f - find and run
p - main launcer/reset launcher
ll - leafpad launcer
gl - geany launcher
rn - gfnrename (batchrenamer)
joop - open jwm and nwp config files
AEMENU KEYCUTS:
what it is -- what to enter into the p,wn launcher:

nwp and submenus -- n
word processor without supplemental menus -- n1
paste and place formatting codes only -- n2
highlight and select formatting codes only -- n3
supplemental -- s
single monitors -- 1
double monitors -- 2
aef -- aemenu containing (nearly?) all the aemenus
extra windows manipulation menu -- o
points on axis y -- y
points on axis x -- x
width by fives -- w
height by fives -- h
aemenu window size and placement -- w1

(a new gynysys based on the move of many files out of root and root/my-applications/bin and into /nwp. will open a duplicate for you to modify)
hi - hard info
mr - sfr's multi rename
ppm --so you can call the ppm from the nwp launcher without having to go to findnrun or a terminal or backspace or ctrl-a over the text (/nwp/)
m - pmount and partview

rad -- rox, starting level is /root/my-documents
rab -- rox, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
gad -- geany, starting level is /root/my-documents
gab -- geany, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
lad -- leafpad, starting level is /root/my-documents
lab -- leafpad, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
chab -- chmod 755 (allow script to run) prefix, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin

ggc -- geany, chrome
lgc -- leafpad, chromium
gf -- geany, firefox
lff -- leafpad, firefox
dlll -- leafpad, dillo
ged -- geany, dillo
ges -- geany, seamonkey
lop -- leafpad, opera
gep -- geany, palemoon
gc -- geany, chromium
lep -- leafpad, palemoon
lec -- leafpad, chromium

bb -- bold
bb2 -- span tags for bold fonts or other, non default font choices (bold tags don't appear to work though the nwp's underlining and italics tags show the expected results). default is for monospace, same as po1, po2, po4 (the latter two are templates, po1 is an xdotool "spit this code" script/a backup of the main (monospace) template).
book -- older version of one of the tocs/tics--customize if you like
bpo -- open the default template files in a browser so you can see the line spacing, highlighting, etc. use gpo to edit what the command calls and what browser gets opened
bq -- block quote tags
f - findnrun, optional but recommended
gpo -- open the browser, leafpad, and geany configuration files for the nwp word processor plus the default default templates in geany.# geany /nwp/po1 /nwp/po2 /nwp/po3 /nwp/po4 /nwp/po5 /nwp/po6 /nwp/gpo /nwp/lpo /nwp/bpo /nwp/bb2
h1-h6 -- print out tags for headings 1-6
her -- open the hr template in geany
herl -- open the hr template in leafpad
hero -- open the hr template in geany
hr -- print out hr tags
hr0 -- open the hr template in geany
hr0l -- open the hr template in leafpad
hr1 -- spit out hr doc template
hrl -- <hr> tag, 35%, grey left side
hrr -- <hr> tag, 10%, grey right side
hrt -- template for autopage breaks with hr tag. called by other scripts.
ii -- italics tags
link -- external form of the toc tags
lp -- launch leafpad
lpo -- leafpad /nwp/po2| leafpad /nwp/po4 /nwp/po5| leafpad /nwp/po6| leafpad /nwp/lpo (open the wp template files in leafpad; open the file that determines what leafpad opens
mono -- open monospace template with geany
mono1 -- spit out monospace doc template
monol -- open monospace template with leafpad
monot -- monospace template
np02 -- pu(/)up launcher (configured to begin with a highlighted /nwp/)
p -- pu(/)up launcher configured to start at the end of /nwp/
pb -- <par style="page-break-after: always"></par>
pba -- <par style="page-break-before: always"></par> (a=above)
po -- open po2
po1 -- print out an improved version of the preotry template
po2 -- (template--po1 without the mini-wait--use clone (under documents menu) or save as to preserve the file)
po3 -- geany /nwp/po4 /nwp/po5 /nwp/po6 /nwp/po2
po4 -- template as 14 pt monospace
po5 -- template as 14 pt sans
po6 -- template as 14 pt serif
pr -- print out paragraph tags
prc -- print out paragraph centered tags
prj -- print out paragraph justified tags
prl -- print out paragraph left tags
prr -- print out paragraph right tags
q -- cite tags
san1 -- spit out sans serif doc template
sans -- open sans template with geany
sansl -- open sans template with leafpad
sanst -- sans serif doc template
ser1 -- spit out serif doc template
serf -- open serf template with geany
serfl -- open serf template with leafpad
sert -- serif doc template
sub -- subscript tags
sup -- superscript tags
t -- launch terminal of your choice (delete/comment sakura and uncomment or add your choice)
toc and tic paste bookmark/hyperlink codes. good for tables of contents, master documents, etc. on the editing side, you can make bookmarks in geany with ctrl+m, which will also toggle it off. ctrl plus comma is previous bookmark, control plus period is next bookmark. the plugin for numbered bookmarks makes a list on the side panel (unless that's default and i can't just can't figure out how to work/access the plug in version):
tic -- tic same page template and anchor --new tab
tic1 -- external page or same or external file, no anchor -- same tab
tic2 -- external page or same or external file with anchor -- same tab
toc -- toc same page template and anchor, same tab (general bookmarks). look up your text editor's method for bookmarking for the edit text (also non formatted) view.
toc1 -- external page or same or external file, no anchor -- new tab
toc2 -- external page or same or external file with anchor -- new tab
to open files in geany at specific location, append :line#:column# to the file, i.e. geany /nwp/docs/file1:50:14
ul -- underline
v -- activate vtg
xp -- launch xpad/new xpad
terminal nwp/pwn/pax shortcuts:
s# send active window to desktop#
s#s send next clicked window to desktop#
d# go to desktop#
c plus a single letter is normally a close command--cr, close rox; cu, close urxvt terminals; ct, close rxvt Terminal.
pp# --change pinboard
p# --change/toggle four panel set frame (can be altered down to one)
my# --swap out custom jwm configurations
gea3 --edit custom jwm configurations
la, lb, lm ---layer above, below, middle/normal for active window
las,lbs, lms ---layer above, below, middle/normal for selected window
stk, ustk --stick unstick active (add an s for the click to select version)
pv2--partview and rox /mnt
rr --rox recently visited
rb1 --four (iirc) rungs down on the rox bookmarks menu
rup --three rungs up from the bottom of the rox bookmarks menu
wp-- access the nwp area of one of the root menus
w5 --access the quadrants, halves, and wholes area of one of the root (jwm) menus
pcp --access pup control
fnr --find and run
hlx -- htop in an urvxt window and lx task ...
ppm is a built in for package manager (will work without pxc launcher or anything having been symlinked to /root/my-applications/bin)
x#-- move to # on x-axis (increments of 5)
y# --move to # on y-axis (increments of 5)
h# --height (increments of 5)
w# --width (increments of 5)
rs --resize
t --terminal (set for my-applications/bin, so launchable from terminal or np/nwp/pxc launcher)
f --findandrun (also set for my-apps/bin)
np --nwpus launcher2
sd --speeddials
sdr --speed dials recent list only
gnysys --open a slew of config files in geany
3but -- speed dials and a version of winswitcher
ws -- winswitcher (also ctrl plus spacebar).
galc -- galculator
nc-- notecase
gd -- goldendict
jv -- make java sfs and take you there (thanks, uten)
5c -- print out the template command for making multiple copies of a file
5cd -- print out the template command for making multiple copies of a directory
7c -- print out the command for changing permissions of a script to executable (kind of lazy--chmod 755 isn't that involved...).
1 -- single monitor menu
2 -- double monitor menu
g -- grid menu
x -- x axis menu
y -- y axis menu
w -- width menu
h -- height menu
mv -- move
wn -- windows menu
mn -- minimize
mx -- maximize window
o -- old windows manipulation menu
s -- new version of supplemental menus
n -- the original nwpus menu
n1 -- the full word-processing menu without any of the supplementals. it has n2 and n3 as submenus but gives some prominence to the overall document formatting commands from n3
n2 -- just the highlight and click to apply word processing/html code section
n3 -- the paste and place section of the main (word processing) menu.
slac -- search all databases
sloc -- search selected database with option to print results #sometimes problematic
sluc --update all slocate databases/create databases (thanks to musher0 for the slocate wrapper and the three scripts i've renamed here)
ww - winswitcher
sv -- make a folder a server. open a terminal and sv in the pax launcher (nwp launcher, etc) will print out "python -m SimpleHTTPServerWithUpload"--open a browser in the client computer and input the ipnet address (run ifconfig in a terminal) with :8000 appended to it (i.e. http://192.168.1.66:8000). this will allow you to upload and download files to the directory you ran the sv command (i.e. shift+spacebar (which pops up the modified pexec launcher showing /nwp/ in the entry box) then sv then enter) in.
by rcrsn51. thread here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 132#415132 (unnecessary now that it has a gui)
fw -- toggle firewall on off (actually give a pop up that provides the function. requires the pet by tronkel you can find at
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 9ea478cf1f). rcrsn51's SimpleHTTPServerWithUpload won't run with the firewall in place and this is a convenient way to temporarily disable it.
-3--------------------------- 6
1 2----------------------- 8 9
-4 ----------------------------7
b5=full screen left, b10=full screen right. b series is halves and wholes.
1 2--------------6 7
--5----------------10
3 4--------------8 9
a# series is quadrants...
sk - sakura (also t in nwp/pwn/pax or any terminal for most of them (some may be set to urxvt or rxvt--they all have sakura though)
rn - gfnrename (batchrenamer)
hlx - htop (through urxvt) and lxtask
bb - print out bold tags
wm -- go to one of the giant menu submenu menus (presently set for root 0 menu--requires jwm and the root3 folder in /nwp)
some changes to the templates...
a much better way to launch and batch launch files (you'll get a a dual view without having to to click the file more than once. for print preview of the pdf form of this essentially txt/html word processing document (though you can embed and link what you like , it seems), you'll need to access to your choice of browser/htmlviewer's print preview button. to change the headers and footers, you'll need to use your browser's print > options menu.
-------------

dual launchers (text editor and browser) for the Nooby Word Processor/nwp:
ggc -- geany, chrome
lgc -- leafpad, chromium
gf -- geany, firefox
lff -- leafpad, firefox
dlll -- leafpad, dillo
ged -- geany, dillo
ges -- geany, seamonkey
lop -- leafpad, opera
gep -- geany, palemoon
gc -- geany, chromium
lep -- leafpad, palemoon
lec -- leafpad, chromium
more shortcuts now available to the Nooby Uber Utility Pack
sda[1-6]-sdd[1-6] -- open those partitions
the following will open in rox if entered in the pw,n launcher: mnt, home, mdoc (opens root/my-documents), apps (opens usr/share/applications), jwm (/root/.jwm), bin, jxdg(etc/xdg/templates), conf (/root/.configure), mybin (/root/my-applications/bin), etc, tmp, and pack (/nwp).
at, at[1-10] are autotext scripts. atx is the template, ate will open the 11 in geany for you to edit/rename. single monitor setups now have similar nwp shortcuts as doubles:
Code:
q1 q2 q8
q5 q6 q7
q3 q4 q9
some deps, recs, and links:
pcp requires puppy control panel:http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61961
tas requires take a shot: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84528
f requires find and run: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 5582835582
xpc and xpb require xpad
some other included shortcuts:
xpc -- xpad clear
xpb -- xpad back up
cnt -- spit out the code in those echo sections from the script above that allows you to create files with predetermined content (cnt--content)
c- -- a comment line that looks like this: #------------------
tas -- SFR's take a shot
pcp -- radky's puppy control panel
ww -- MochiMoppel's WinSwitcher
v -- vtg
---------
(another batch from recent update:)
---------
another batch from recent update:
rad -- rox, starting level is /root/my-documents
rab -- rox, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
gad -- geany, starting level is /root/my-documents
gab -- geany, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
lad -- leafpad, starting level is /root/my-documents
lab -- leafpad, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
chab -- chmod 755 (allow script to run) prefix, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
hi - hard info
mr - sfr's multi rename
m - pmount and partview
cursor at right versions of launcher
p -- main nwp launcher
ch - permissions launcher
gl - geany launcher (also -g)
ll - leafpad launcherr (also -l)
rl - rox launcher (also -r)
highlighted entry versions:
r- rox launcher
g- geany launcher
ch- change permissions launcher
l- leafpad launcher
f1-f24 --type those function keys
(one of my machines is without) Crying or Very sad
elp - help opened up in leafpad (mostly paste and paste cheats until you modify them)
tem - ae templates menu
AEMENU KEYCUTS:
what it is -- what to enter into the p,wn launcher:
nwp and submenus -- n
word processor without supplemental menus -- n1
paste and place formatting codes only -- n2
highlight and select formatting codes only -- n3
supplemental -- s
single monitors -- 1
double monitors -- 2
aef -- aemenu containing (nearly?) all the aemenus
extra windows manipulation menu -- o
points on axis y -- y
points on axis x -- x
width by fives -- w
height by fives -- h
aemenu window size and placement -- w1
(new one, "elp," pops up a leafpad document with what's between the asterisk trains. modify to taste)
Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 14:20; edited 5 times in total

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug 2015, 15:16 Post subject: word processing four
Subject description: also, rox is a file navigation and creation powerhouse.
i suppose it's more of a typewriter...

here are some guides for setting up line breaks, line wrapping, and font choice:

mono/courier/courier new 11 breaking column: 75
serif 12: 99
sans 12: 80
nimbus condensed monospace 14: 110

left, right, and center are all what you'd expect, but justify doesn't work out as nicely as on a full word processor. use search and replace and tick the use regular expressions box, swap \n for a space (one blank white space), hit enter, right click the section, choose format > reflow lines. if you're not concerned with underlining and multiple fonts and don't want the hassle of making sure lines don't run off the page, printing from leafpad is probably best (no line wrapping markers in the default view, no auto-line breaking capability and so makes reshaping text a bit easier, though i suppose you could just toggle that off in geany. another strategy for nearly justified text would be to set the font small in the text editor and use the zoom settings in the browser's print dialog to come close to a justified page. for actually banging out pages of wood and ink, i think it's maybe better to think of this word processor more as an advanced archiving typewriter and pdf maker (pdfs can be bare black and white text or portable sections of the internet, it seems--i'm just a noob who wants something that never breaks--leafpad and geany never break...) and poetry producer--that requires no changes to the basic document format of the templates (maybe one more and some new launchers in the next pack) and preotry (pre tag bug fix in next pack as well), the proto-template, was in fact devised because i noticed what text makers do to lines sometimes and thought it'd be nice to make that behavior optional (it's still pretty cool for comments sometimes). if you're primarily concerned with printing something out and don't care about underlining and other formatting, print from leafpad or geany (there must be a way to shut of the line wrap markers from showing). dillo has a little less capability than the other browsers being discussed, but it always opens new batches in tabs in a new window and it is super fast. the new pack uses it as reference material pop-up with the following:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#dil. place in /nwp and/or /root/my-applications/bin
dillo www.google.com www.dictionary.com www.murga-linux.com/puppy http://www.etymonline.com/

you can get rid of the close dialog and set other preferences in /root/.dillo/dillorc.

since dillo doesn't respond to the code changing font color, invisible page breaks (those done in white--use the quasi-visible text slots as quick find anchors or as a variation on comments) are visible in dillo--you can use the reference popup to check them. tip: if you don't fill out the title tag in editor view, dillo will give every word processing tab a tiny blank marker that's of less help than ctrl page up and down.

leafpad and seamonkey don't open batches of files dragged to them or sent to them in tabs as default behavior and so seem like a natural match--seamonkey can do the tabs with a little extra fiddling around, i'm sure, and already has the print preview that dillo lacks--this seems to be the next most capable and second fastest set up. so dillo has no print preview or print to pdf capability, but you can use geany or leafpad to print. speaking of which, if you're not using this as an exercise in minimalism but rather for speed and convenience, the main use of the view/read mode (apart from readability and hyperlinks/bookmarks/functional tables of contents) is to copy and paste your formatted (spacing and otherwise) text into zoho, google docs, libre office, box.com, word, textmaker, or any other document handler that will be more likely to be handling the final form of your work, though between the majority of browsers having save to pdf capability and rcrsn51's peasy_pdf making it easy to cut apart and rejoin those documents, this really can be a stand alone solution in many cases. palemoon and firefox take minimal resources to open ten or twenty of these document type tabs, but dillo takes about a thirtieth it seems. (10 vs 300 mb usage at first run with a batch; adding to an already running instance seems to add less overhead to both palemoon and firefox...dillo opens a new window with a new batch of tabs each one is dragged to it...it's really very quick but insists on the file:///path/file syntax rather than the syntax the other browsers (and nearly all puppy programs, it seems) accept, /path/file (unless you're doing it through the terminal, vgt, or a launcher--in those you can use /path/to/file). they've all got buttons or other methods for opening files, so interplay between the interfaces should be pretty smooth. to navigate tabs in dillo:

ctrl+page up -- tab left
ctrl+page down -- tab right

to navigate them in geany:

Ctrl-Shift-PageDown Move document right
Ctrl-Shift-PageUp Move document left
Ctrl-PageDown Switch to right document
Ctrl-PageUp Switch to left document

-----------

in short, you're basically working with a super advanced typewriter (but getting back to basics) and justification is a bit more difficult than other formatting for our purposes here. for formatted text, you'd need to use the template and print from a browser. quick print, use geany or leafpad. want to open 100 100 page text files instantly and copy the text back and forth between a dozen locations? use geany. want multiple views of the text in various stages in development, use the dual launchers or open the batch in a browser as well (vtg or terminal).

---

regarding rox, there is probably no faster way to navigate folders or create files than rox with short cuts set. right click to go to the create new file dialog and press a letter--now every time you are in a rox folder and press that letter, a copy of that document type will appear for you to retitle/save as in that location. ctrl+1-0 gives you speed dials to ten locations, ctrl+b is book marks (you can short cut open parent in new window to get a freebie bookmark/dual plane set up. you could also make a bookmark of a folder of symlinks to launchers, files, programs, directories, etc).

erase keycuts with backspace. if your rox filer doesn't appear to support the right click short cut keys, see this post by Cat Dude:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... fb3#354862

--------

documentation fix: /nwp/w11 in a terminal will give you the geometry read out discussed below. there's no included bash mod.

i forgot to document two scripts in the previous pack, htopp and htops, which respectively resize and place an active and a selected window to the central htop position you can see in this screenshot. rename and alter the code (get current geometry of windows with winswitcher f1 or right click menu, wmctrl -l -G in a terminal, or new terminal in distros (~572-p575) with the wmctrl bash prompt mod) to make custom versions. new pack will have q1-5 and sd1-5 (or some equivalent) to give it /nwp launcher shortcut equivalents for the dual monitor's a1-10 and b1-10 (windows sized and moved by quadrant, half, and whole/center).

change to geany -i /nwp/elp if you want the file opened instead in a new instance of geany. take out the -i if you want it in a running instance of geany.

Puppus Dogfellow

update mostly affecting installation and configuration

#45 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp-12-11-15.tar.xz.

when you download and unpack the above, you see:

390 390x1 ae deps32 geanykeyvtg nwp
390r 392 aedeluxe deps64 instructions

nwp goes to /, pick the deps you need, choose an install script. the instructions include the scripts and their descriptions:
new install instructions give a few more choices and automate things a little more:
1. unpack download and move nwp folder to top level (make it /nwp).
2. install the deps in the dependencies folder (choose 32 or 64 bit and see what you're lacking).
3. choose an install script:

a) ae deluxe -- aemenus plus vtg added to root 3 menu. escape and spacebar key shortcuts added to jwmrc-personal. no affect if no jwm--you'll need a key to activate main launcher (this gives you it with shift plus space).
b) ae -- aemenu deluxe with the deluxe commented out. i.e. "aemenus plus vtg added to root 3 menu. escape key shortcuts added to jwmrc-personal. no affect if no jwm--you'll need a key to activate main launcher (this gives you it with shift plus space)" is wrong--no keys. gives you the aemenu version of the nwp. vtg function is handled by v in the launcher. not sure about window managers other than jwm, but right clicking an icon or script on the desktop can give keyboard shortcuts through rox--haven't yet tried to track down which file stores this, but it would allow you to make those customizations portable as well. use cp to copy over whole file or sed (sehd in the launcher is a very minimal sed cheat sheet--i just looked up line replacement to make these install scripts and decided it may come in handy later as well). i recommend shift plus spacebar as the main launcher shortcut.
c) 390x1 -- version for top tray, nine menus, regular bottom tray moved over a pixel. you get the shortcut keys, but the changes to your trays are few.
d) 390 -- top and left trays added, nine menus added, bottom tray swapped
e) 390r -- version with more minimalistic 9 menus available but commented out. joop opens files for editing. three custom trays--you lose the stock bottom tray
f) 392 -- top and left trays added, nine menus added, bottom tray swapped, two additional menus added to root3
(all jwm versions automatically activate MochiMoppel's script to put bookmarks on the jwm menus)

4. optionally, click the geanykeyvtg script to copy over the necessary keyboard shortcuts in /nwp/root3/geany to enable the vtg (your old keyboard config file will be recopied as keybindings.conf-old)

these are the included install scripts:

#!/bin/sh
#aemenu deluxe
#aemenus plus vtg added to root 3 menu. escape and spacebar key shortcuts added to jwmrc-personal. no affect if no jwm--you'll need a key to activate main launcher (this gives you it with shift plus space if you do.).
sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
sed -i 's/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/menu3<\/Include>\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/nwpmenujwm<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
sed -i 's/<!-- Key bindings -->/<!-- Key bindings -->\n<Key mask="A" key="z">exec:xdotool key F12 Down Return<\/Key> \n<Key mask="A" key="g">exec:geany\/nwp\/vtg5<\/Key> \n<Key mask="AS" key="g">exec:\/nwp\/g<\/Key> \n<Key mask="A" key="space">exec:rox<\/Key>\n<Key mask="C" key="space">exec:winswitcher<\/Key>\n<Key mask="S" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/p<\/Key>\n<Key mask="CA" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/rr<\/Key>\n<Key mask="CS" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/cr<\/Key>\n<Key mask="AS" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/t<\/Key>\n<Key mask="CAS" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/rup<\/Key>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
geany /root/.wm/jwmrc-personal
#rr rox recents; p main launcer; g grids menu; rup rox bookmarks, four or so up from end
#alt plus z is activating the vtg on root 3 menu
#vtg5 is help files opened in geany
#winswitcher and mbm are by MochiMoppel--resoectively a great window management utility and rox bookmarks on the menus

#!/bin/sh
#aemenu deluxe with the deluxe commented out. i.e. "aemenus plus vtg added to root 3 menu. escape key shortcuts added to jwmrc-personal. no affect if no jwm--you'll need a key to activate main launcher (this gives you it with shift plus space)" is wrong--no keys. gives you the aemenu version of the nwp. vtg function is handled by v in the launcher. not sure about window managers other than jwm, but right clicking an icon or script on the desktop can give keyboard shortcuts through rox--haven't yet tried to track down which file stores this, but it would allow you to make those customizations portable as well. use cp to copy over whole file or sed (sehd in the launcher is a very minimal sed cheat sheet--i just looked up line replacement to make these install scripts and decided it may come in handy later as well). i recommend shift plus spacebar as the main launcher shortcut.
#sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
#sed -i 's/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/menu3<\/Include>\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/nwpmenujwm<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
#sed -i 's/<!-- Key bindings -->/<!-- Key bindings -->\n<Key mask="A" key="z">exec:xdotool key F12 Down Return<\/Key> \n<Key mask="A" key="g">exec:geany\/nwp\/vtg5<\/Key> \n<Key mask="AS" key="g">exec:\/nwp\/g<\/Key> \n<Key mask="A" key="space">exec:rox<\/Key>\n<Key mask="C" key="space">exec:winswitcher<\/Key>\n<Key mask="S" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/p<\/Key>\n<Key mask="CA" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/rr<\/Key>\n<Key mask="CS" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/cr<\/Key>\n<Key mask="AS" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/t<\/Key>\n<Key mask="CAS" key="space">exec:\/nwp\/rup<\/Key>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
#fixmenus
#jwm -restart
#/nwp/mbm
#geany /root/.wm/jwmrc-personal

#!/bin/sh
# 390x1 -- version for top tray, nine menus, regular bottom tray moved over a pixel
# mbm activates MochiMoppel's bookmark script, which will put your rox bookmarks on a jwm submenu
sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk3<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
sed -i 's/x="0"/x="1"/' /root/.jwmrc-tray
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop
#!/bin/sh
#top and left trays added, nine menus added, bottom tray swapped:
# mbm activates MochiMoppel's bookmark script, which will put your rox bookmarks on a jwm submenu
sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
#sed -i 's/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/menu3<\/Include>\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/nwpmenujwm<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
#
#additional changes to root 3 commented out

#!/bin/sh

#392 -- top and left trays added, nine menus added, bottom tray swapped, two additional menus added to root3:
# nwp full
sed -i 's/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">/<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="24" onroot="3">\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/menu3<\/Include>\n<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/nwpmenujwm<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
/nwp/mbm
fixmenus
jwm -restart

#!/bin/sh

# 390r -- version with more minimalistic 9 menus available but commented out. joop opens files for editing. three custom trays--you lose the stock bottom tray.
sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk2<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop

#beyond the new configuration options, there are few additions with this upgrade. i'm changing the name from nooby word processor/nooby uber utilility pack and dropping all the pax, packs, pwns, etc. uu like on an early icon set--the new word processor, because it's forever being customized (by you, hopefully). still, as a nod to noobiness, one additon is sehd, which will explain the sehd command i used to make these configuration scripts. enter it in a terminal, and it prints out:

#sed -i s/find/replace/ file
#(this line would normally be absent and the line above uncommented)
#use \ to comment out slashes (and presumably other stuff)
# find and replace / with /\ to make things easier

# that's basically it--instead of instructions telling you to open the file and overwrite and then copy, i just use the find and overwrite sed command to do basically the same thing (one fewer step than the original instructions--the customizations are being put directly into /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc with the insert tag rather than a tag there being commented out (now replaced and moved to the new file) and another line having to be inserted into your jwmrc-personal file (in /root/.jwm). hopefully this will make your own shortcuts (if you've got any) override the new ones being introduced with the nwp. wp has the -p launcher with the new name. ll launcher could open it for renaming. pending css improvements (to replace the html templates), this is nwp1. this is already better than what i thought i'd be able to come up with. could probably spend a lifetime fixing the documentation. tried to make the drag and drop dual (editing and viewing) launchers less cryptic by adding a cheat sheet to the folder...

--p.dogfellow, 12/11/15
################################################

________________________(older version of installation procedure below--may still be of use)___________________
install the deps in the dependencies folder (pets and, in the case of 64 bit, there's an xz of aemenu you have to unpack and move to the path (e.g.: /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin, /usr/sbin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/X11R7/bin, /root/my-applications/bin, /usr/games, or /opt/jre/bin. you may have more or fewer, but those are easy enough to find)). move the nwp folder to top level (make it /nwp). enter the following into a terminal or run as a script:

/nwp/joop

pick the tab for /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc. comment out the bottom tray if you want to use the new bottom tray, or just comment out the dock if you want it on the upper tray without having to swap out your stock tray for the new one.

mtk is the file you edit for trays, keys and keys 2 have the default customizations and the 120 or so blanks respectively. (hopefully the files are sufficiently commented)

if you want the nine menu version, add
to your /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file

if you want only the jwm menu on root one, add
<Include>/nwp/root3/10/root1menu</Include>
to your /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file.

if you just want the aemenu version, make a keyboard shortcut for the p file you copied over to /root/my-applications/bin. use "elp" for help in learning the codes. aef will give you a pop up of all the aemenu menus. below is the new help file that pops up when you enter "elp" into the launcher (leafpad help became lelp, which is the file elp calls. open it in the ll launcher, modify, rename help or hayelp, ll in the main launcher, name the new file (as you open it) with hmn (since those keys are all together and indicate pause), scz in the launcher, leafpad /nwp/help or hayelp, save, ch in the launcher, hmn, and you have an extra note taking scrap pop up. you could use leafpad as a pop up script maker or a note taker like xpad, but with better title and path management (no cool pop up menu though).

the recommended helper programs (including python for some pdf stuff by rcrsn51--without that it'd be almost as small as the nwp itself) are packed separately. if you are going to comment out (surround with <!-- -->) the <Include>/nwp/root/.jwmrc-tray</Include> line in /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc (recommended even if you don't comment it out after you recopy it (recommended) to your /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal file--frees you from needing to run fix menus for changes to that tray to take effect), you'll need to run fix menus to free the desktop of it. most other changes require only jwm -restart (keys and other trays' buttons) or jwm -reload (menus only need that--it's the quickest of the three).

so the nooby uuord processor and uber utilites pack is now officially nwp and the launcher pwn. it's the new word processor because you never get done modifying it...it's always somewhat new...

anyway, the spacebar placement and quick codes are supposed to flow with you, and a geany document with the vtg enabled can be a decent start center, but you may want to use the keys for file launching. joop in the launcher opens up keys and keys 2; v activates the vtg, which will allow you to launch lines of code just like you'd do with the keys, but you'd be able to see and modify the lists on the fly.

contents of the recs folder:

dash-0.5.6.pet mupdf-1.4.pet python-2.7.pet
findnrun-1.10.5.pet peasypdf-3.3.pet SimplePythonHTTPServer-1.0.pet
gexec-0.4-pup1.pet pexec-001.pet tas-1.9.pet
img2pdf_tahrpup-1.1.pet PupControl-2.7.pet Xournal_Puppy-0.4.8.pet

aemenu, xdotool, and wmctrl are included in the 32 and 64 deps folders. overall, it's been lightened, the showdesktop on the menu bug has been removed (jwm issue--works as a key and a button, but you can't call it or a button for it from the menu (windows functions called like that generally work), the help files have been improved, and a few conveniences have been added. jwm menus have been reworked for convenience, but i never discussed them much before so this is basically an introduction to them rather than an announcement of change. copies of the files you'd be inserting into your jwm personal file below.

--p.dogfellow, 12/6/15
392 is full nwp, which i'm about to try to track down screenshots for (it's my personal configuration and more or less the one used in ~572 and similar spins). it gives you 24 desktops, a large hideaway tray at left, pager and dock on hidden top menu, root menus 6,7,8,9,0 get buttons on the top, the bottom tray is moved over a pixel to allow access to the other five root menus (which can also be called in the launcher with r(0-9) or alt+#). pager is also on the three hundred pixel floppy tray (24 and out of the way). the rest of the install scripts are just that same core cut away until there's no change at all in jwm (ae version of install script, which is what came with the 12-6 release).

bottom hidden and only ten desktops, but decent shot of left and upper trays (and older version of some of the menus)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 754#813754

(2x12--most i've had was 48 as a bottom level tray.)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 193#818193

better shot of vtg and upper tray)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 178#834178

dual screen, poor resolution
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 848#859848

lower tray gives you access to the five root menus (by virtue of postition) and makes for larger tasklist entries (entire tasklist now redundant because of right tray and, arguably, MochiMoppel's WinSwitcher. fill up with buttons (including those for the menus) if you like.)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 320#873320

Puppus Dogfellow

another update/upgrade

#46 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp-jwm-aem-1.tar.xz

a few configuration updates, but not much change apart from a bug fix or two. it seems choosing one fewer command for inserting files cost the ability to use the geany ten config quick switch--the newer version of the install scripts leave jwmrc in /etc alone apart from the commented out tray. main insert now goes on jwmrc-personal (which is what the config switch commands call/swap). documentation improvements, a quick way to get your rox filer to allow letter key shortcuts for right click functions (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 678#876678, if you don't feel like checking out included instruction file or waiting until you get to the quote at the end post), some fixes to a few of the scripts in nwp (elp and sehd off the top of my head; xdotool needs double quotes if you want a manual fix of sehd--ll in the launcher, sehd, just swap out single quotes for doubles).

added some scripts for config help:

config help:
joop - open jwm and nwp config files (mtk and keys series, jwmrc tray, personal, and the one in /etc.)
joopf - joop plus the three scripts immediately following this one
root9 - default set of 9 menus
root10 - same as above for root1 (left click, alt plus 1) menu, but the others are generally just the desktops slot or blank
root9b - open up nine blank menu templates (adjust mtk2's includes line).

the new install scripts:

#!/bin/sh
# 390x1 -- version for top tray, nine menus, regular bottom tray moved over a pixel
cp /nwp/w11 /root/my-applications/bin/w11
chmod 755 /nwp/ww /root/my-applications/bin/w11
sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<!-- <Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>-->/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
sed -i 's/<JWM>/<JWM> \n <!--<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>--> \n <Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk3<\/Include>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
#changed back to putting the mtk file in jwmrc-personal so the geany custom configuration shorts still function
#sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk3<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop
#added w11 to  /root/my-applications/bin--enter into terminal to find out geometry of desktop's windows
# and what windows are on what desktop (12/12/15). use to make custom size and place scripts (open q5 in the launcher, 
#pick something easier to remember to call it by, save as that name, plug in new coordinates--x,y,w,h follow the -e 0. swap ACTIVE for SELECT
# to have the cursor turn to cross hairs for next click. first line below is q5, second has the fields labeled and target switched from active to select.
#wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,maximized_vert,maximized_horz && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,225,235,550,400
#wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,maximized_vert,maximized_horz && wmctrl -r :SELECT: -e 0,x,y,w,h
#!/bin/sh
sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<!-- <Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>-->/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
sed -i 's/<JWM>/<JWM> \n <!--<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>--> \n <Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk<\/Include>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
#changed back to putting the mtk file in jwmrc-personal so the geany custom configuration shorts still function
#sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
#
#added w11 to  /root/my-applications/bin--enter into terminal to find out geometry of desktop's windows
# and what windows are on what desktop (12/12/15). use to make custom size and place scripts (open q5 in the launcher, 
#pick something easier to remember to call it by, save as that name, plug in new coordinates--x,y,w,h follow the -e 0. swap ACTIVE for SELECT
# to have the cursor turn to cross hairs for next click. first line below is q5, second has the fields labeled and target switched from active to select.
#wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,maximized_vert,maximized_horz && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,225,235,550,400
#wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,maximized_vert,maximized_horz && wmctrl -r :SELECT: -e 0,x,y,w,h

#!/bin/sh

#392 -- top and left trays added, nine menus added, bottom tray swapped, two additional menus added to root3:
# nwp full 
sed -i 's/<JWM>/<JWM> \n <!--<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>--> \n <Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk<\/Include>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
/nwp/mbm
fixmenus
jwm -restart

#!/bin/sh

# 390r -- version with more 2 minimalistic 9 menu sets available but commented out. joop opens files for editing. three custom trays--you lose the stock bottom tray.
#root9, root9b, and root10 in the main launcher open the main nwp 9 menu set and both reduced nine menu sets. adjust mtk2(opened by joop) to match your choice.
#joopf (joop full) opens joop plus the three 9 menu sets
sed -i 's/<JWM>/<JWM> \n <!--<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>--> \n <Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk2<\/Include>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
#sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk2<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop
other than the longer comments you can see in the jwm versions, no change to the aemenu versions.

-----------

setting shortcut keys for rox right click funtions
(and letting rox know it's possible)
regarding rox, there is probably no faster way to navigate folders or create files than rox with short cuts set. right click to go to the create new file dialog and press a letter--now every time you are in a rox folder and press that letter, a copy of that document type will appear for you to retitle/save as in that location. ctrl+1-0 gives you speed dials to ten locations, ctrl+b is book marks (you can short cut open parent in new window to get a freebie bookmark/dual plane set up. you could also make a bookmark of a folder of symlinks to launchers, files, programs, directories, etc).
not all rox filers are set up to allow right click function activation by letter (they all seem to be able to do the speed dial by number part though). to enable the function in p6 or any other pup that doesn't seem to be able to set letters for the right click options, enter the following into a terminal (will restart x):

sed -i '1 i\gtk-can-change-accels = 1' /root/.gtkrc.mine; restartwm

if the terminal responds that the file doesn't exist, enter touch /root/.gtkrc.mine and rerun the previous command(s). delete the semicolon and restart command if you want the function ready to go but aren't in any particular mood to restart x.

Puppus Dogfellow

and update of the install procedure (jwm only) and of the

#47 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

I'm not sure if the new slacko64 is the way all future pups will be built, but if it is, the install scripts for the two more complicated versions of the menus and trays need the following update, which is also an update for the included jwm config quickswitch (switch back and forth between ten separate configurations).
here's the new nwp:

nwp-jwm-aem-1.1.tar.xz

and here's the included "iinstall2--quickswitch version" file:

alternate install scripts for 392 and 390r for the 1.1 pack's updated quick config switch
[same but with sed commented out--mods will be handled by the file being swapped over]

# nwp full
/nwp/mbm
fixmenus
jwm -restart

#!/bin/sh

# 390r -- version with more minimalistic 9 menus available but commented out. joop opens files for editing. three custom trays--you lose the stock bottom tray.
#sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk2<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop

some new commands:
(/nwp/)cusjp --open all the jwmrc personal files (config quick switch is set for 11. my3 in the terminal swaps out what i'm using in Quirky Werewolf 7.4--it's all one config file and some of the functions that don't work in sixty four bit have been swapped for some that do. my30 through my39 are your customizable swap-ins, with my30 being the equivalent of mtk, 31 being its backup, 32 being mtk2, and 33 being the mtk3 version and 34 a backup copy. add an r to restore the previous configuration--i.e. if you're using my31, and you want to go back, enter my31r into the nwp launcher.
cusjc -- opens the corresponting _root_.jwmrc to go with the cusjp command--kept them separate because the former'll likely get called more frequently.
my30-my39 --call those custom jwm setups
my30r-my39r --replace the setup that got replaced when you entered the switch command (i.e. it's the reset switch, but you have to call the same version you called or the machine won't know where to find the files it's supposed to be using for the swap).

the config switch comments out the original desktops and bottom tray by default:
<!-- Personally configurable options for JWM: these override default settings and theme settings -->
<!-- edit the files in nwp/root3/9 and nwp/root3/[root#menu] as these are what the quick config switch calls -->
<JWM>

<!-- <Include>/root/.jwmrc-tray</Include> -->
<!-- Number of virtual desktops
<Desktops width="3" height="1"/>
-->

included with this batch but not activated is the cauliflower machue icon series for the vtg (or whatever else you'd like to use it for, if anything). i was going to use various pups (barry's quirky and mini dog icons) for the numbered menu buttons, and i still may--i could use them reversed or rotated or with the colors inverted--i've gotten used to only needing the five and i kind of like the stock desktop icon. something should have a puppy on it. guess i make that or something similar an option on the next update, though you could just add them or any other image yourself with image="name.extension" added to the <TrayButton label="9">root:#</TrayButton> bit in those tray files included by the mtk files, so long as the picture, like mini-dog.xpm or the machue series, are part of the image path. you could either enter the full location of the image or drop or link your image to /nwp/icons or /nwp/root3/icons for your own choices. this is what the version with an image instead of the button text looks like (from /nwp/root3/9/3.jwmrc-tray):
<TrayButton image="c.machue-207.jpg">exec:xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return F2 ctrl+7</TrayButton>
here's the original:
<TrayButton label="vtg">exec:xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return F2 ctrl+7</TrayButton>
here's what the line should look like if you want both an image and an icon:
<TrayButton label="vtg" image="cmachue207.jpg">exec:xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return F2 ctrl+7</TrayButton>

this is the basic format of the call and reverse scripts:

call:
#!/bin/sh
#my31
cp -f /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc /nwp/root3/root31menu/oldjc
cp -f /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal /nwp/root3/root31menu/oldjp
cp -f /nwp/root3/root31menu/_root_.jwmrc /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
cp -f /nwp/root3/root31menu/jwmrc-personal31 /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
fixmenus
jwm -restart

reverse:
#!/bin/sh
#my31r
cp -f /nwp/root3/root31menu/oldjp /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
cp -f /nwp/root3/root31menu/oldjc /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart

p. dogfellow, 12/20/15
the new slacko64 is very scripty and assumes changes to the jwm config files are incorrect and need to be undone, which got me to update the config switch, which has now more or less become a part of the installation process. my30 in the launcher or /nwp/my30 in terminal (or 31-34 until you fill up the rest with your own configurations--difference as it stands is which mtk (menus, trays, keys) file gets included) will activate the menus, trays, and keys after the other part of the install script is run.

next version will automate the choice for newer jwms, but for the newest slacko (and presumably the jwm pups from here forward), you'll need to change the syntax of the hidden trays from autohide="true" to autohide="top[bottom, left, right]".

Puppus Dogfellow

heaps of shorcut keys for aemenu-exclusive & non-jwm setups

#48 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote: you can give yourself swappable keyboard shortcuts by assigning them specifically to panel or pinboard items. since this thread deals with panels exclusively, i'll focus on that, but it's really the same thing--when you right click on a pinboard or panel item and give it a shortcut, the shortcut goes to that specific icon, not the program or file(s) the icon represents--the key combo will work on what's in the panel--swap the panel, you swap keyboard shortcuts. to fully use this feature, you'd probably have to keep your shortcuts away from your main windows manager as that may override or conflict with the newer keycuts.

in short, you could toggle keyboard shortcuts when you toggle panels/toggling panels is also a way to have an enormous amount of context-specific (or not) keycuts. this is possible because in rox, you assign cuts to an icon, not a program.
from the rox panel speed frames thread

using the method described above, the pwp launcher (the Puppy Word Processor/Puppy Uppers Utility Pack--new version just has uu as the only text on the gui frame, so maybe yet another name change), you could give a similar overabundance of keycuts to a non-jwm setup as you can to one that can take the previously posted key-banks. shrink the panels (16 pixels is minimum--use one pixel squares from the empty icon template (temp folder in nwp) and they'll be expanded to your choice up to 96 pixels) and give scripts (such as the word processing commands from the nwp folder) direct and familiar (or at least personally chosen) locations and shortcuts to call them.

see the main nwp aemenu (n in launcher) for the rox entry if you want to make 6 swappable pinboards (call code would be pp#--mk30 in the launcher will actually give you thirty of them, but like mk26, it's probably overkill. the 10 panel sets are already included and are called by p0-p9)

Puppus Dogfellow

bug fix and update preview

#49 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

space gap directory flip fixes 99 scripts, nearly all related to word processing. please enter the following into a terminal and press enter if you've installed the nwp:

grep -lr --exclude-dir="/nwp/1000" -e "\#\! \/bin" /nwp/| xargs sed -i "s/\#\! \/bin/\#\!\/bin/g"
next update is fairly large, but it's half bug fix, all of which is handled by the above line (and so it's highly recommended). i thought i was just about ready to release the update but i ran into some problems with slacko and broke my quirky (DO NOT use an includes tag to include a menu that's visible into itself). anyway, my report with slacko is stick mostly to the ae side of things for now, though inserting key banks and additional submenus shouldn't be a problem (about to check, which is why the half-update. bugs me i left in all those errors, foresee spending my time fixing what i may soon break...). anyway, here's some shots of the update in the works--i need to get the installation for 64 bit sorted out a bit more. for slacko64, the rpm in the dependencies folder works best for xdotool and the aemenu.xz should be unpacked and the contents moved to /bin (ignore the pet in the folder and forgo the auto-install script. the installation scripts and methods in the "older" folder are the better bet until the next release. for thirty two bit, it shouldn't matter what installation method you choose. pick another location on the path (e.g. /root/my-applications/bin) if you'd prefer a place other than /bin for the aemenu cog in the compressed folder).

install mockup--ae menus (./.aei activated in the shot) can be placed and launched from anywhere.

progress on configure, swap, port, edit configure functions:

the above should also show the menu maker items--they've come in pretty handy and were also half broken.

first shot showing the more iconified version to come:

there'd be no need for the bug fixes if the "scz" script had been in place/existence when i made the originals--all of the dead functions were caused by an unnecessary space inserted after the initial shebang. at least when it comes to scripting shortcuts, seems like paste and place is the safer bet (assuming you got it correct in the first place--one of the bug fixes is actually a documentation fix--the comment out slashes in the help snippet were backwards in "sehd").

Puppus Dogfellow

NWP 1.2--now with 669 key virtual keypad & leafpad notetaker

#50 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

NWP-1.2.tar.xz
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:alt plus control bank is now used for leafpad and geany trying to take the place of xpad--lpx in the launcher is a pop up menu that allows you to fine tune what gets popped up with regards to pads (leafpad windows) or reams (same files opened in geany), but you can use either the main launcher to open the other two banks of five (runge, rungs) or the leafpad launcher (ll in main launcher reopens it as leafpad /nwp/) to access any individual files in the /nwp/notes directory.

the alt plus hjkl functions are now all launchers, mostly to make way for 66k9--a 669 key virtual keypad. it's easiest to offer here first (somewhat more of a context and no dependencies) and if the long second script takes, you can always recopy chunks to repair keys/"keys" you've overwritten with aliases (rather than have the two (or more) coexist) or have other wise lost (you'll still likely need to set the permissions with a right click or in the ch launcher.) here are the new key suggestions (search "mnem" and you'll find the right spot):

<Key mask="AC" key="h">exec:/nwp/rungn</Key>
	<Key mask="AC" key="j">exec:/nwp/rungo</Key>
	<Key mask="AC" key="k">exec:/nwp/rungt</Key>
	<Key mask="AC" key="l">exec:/nwp/lpx</Key>

<Key mask="A" key="h">exec:/nwp/k</Key>
	<Key mask="A" key="j">exec:/nwp/rl</Key>
	<Key mask="A" key="k">exec:/nwp/gl</Key>
	<Key mask="A" key="l">exec:/nwp/ll</Key>

<Key mask="SA" key="h">exec:ccdi</Key>
	<Key mask="SA" key="j">close</Key>
	<Key mask="SA" key="k">exec:kill</Key>
	<Key mask="SA" key="l">exec:cadi</Key>

<!--  mnemonic is "ask to kill"--these are shutdown scripts on the right side home row. shift plus control below are layer and stickiness.-->

<Key mask="SAC" key="h">move</Key>
	<Key mask="SAC" key="j">resize</Key>
	<Key mask="SAC" key="k">prevstacked</Key>
	<Key mask="SAC" key="l">nextstacked</Key>
	<!--  also on the arrow keys-->

<Key mask="SC" key="h">exec:laa</Key>
	<Key mask="SC" key="j">exec:lma</Key>
	<Key mask="SC" key="k">exec:lba</Key>
	<Key mask="SC" key="l">exec:wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,sticky</Key>

--------

screenshot of the xpad replacement scheme:

------------

screenshots and info gifs for 669:

669 keys--macros and aliases

--------

this is the leafpad tweak:

#!/bin/sh

mkdir -p /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s
	mkdir -p /nwp/notes/n/{01..05}

touch /nwp/notes/n/1 /nwp/notes/n/2 /nwp/notes/n/3 /nwp/notes/n/4 /nwp/notes/n/5
	touch /nwp/notes/n/o/6 /nwp/notes/n/o/7 /nwp/notes/n/o/8 /nwp/notes/n/o/9 /nwp/notes/n/o/10
	touch /nwp/notes/n/o/t/11 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/12 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/13 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/14 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/15
	touch /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/16 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/17 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/18 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/19 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/20
	touch /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/21 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/22 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/23 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/24 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/25

echo $'
	#!/bin/sh
	#nrung
	leafpad /nwp/notes/n/1| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/2| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/3| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/4| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/5
	' > /nwp/rungn

echo $'
	#!/bin/sh
	#orung
	leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/6| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/7| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/8| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/9| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/10
	' > /nwp/rungo

echo $'
	#!/bin/sh
	#trung
	leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/11| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/12| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/13| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/14| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/15
	' > /nwp/rungt

echo $'
	#!/bin/sh
	#erung
	leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/16| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/17| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/18| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/19| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/20
	' > /nwp/runge

echo $'
	#!/bin/sh
	#srung
	leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/21| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/22| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/23| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/24| leafpad /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/25
	' > /nwp/rungs

chmod 755 /nwp/rungs /nwp/runge /nwp/rungt /nwp/rungo /nwp/rungn

echo $'

menu "Leafpad 5x5" 
	cmd "leafpad-1-5" "/nwp/rungn"
	cmd "leafpad-6-10" "/nwp/rungo" 
	cmd "leafpad-11-15" "/nwp/rungt" 
	cmd "leafpad-16-20" "/nwp/runge" 
	cmd "leafpad-21-25" "/nwp/rungs"
	end 

menu "open rungs in geany" 
	cmd "geany-1-5" "geany /nwp/notes/n/1 /nwp/notes/n/2 /nwp/notes/n/3 /nwp/notes/n/4 /nwp/notes/n/5"
	cmd "geany-6-10" "geany /nwp/notes/n/o/6 /nwp/notes/n/o/7 /nwp/notes/n/o/8 /nwp/notes/n/o/9 /nwp/notes/n/o/10"
	cmd "geany-11-15" "geany /nwp/notes/n/o/t/11 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/12 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/13 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/14 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/15"
	cmd "geany-16-20" "geany /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/16 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/17 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/18 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/19 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/20"
	cmd "geany-21-25" "geany /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/21 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/22 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/23 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/24 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/25"
	end 

menu "open rungs in geany, new instance" 
	cmd "geany -i  1-5" "geany -i /nwp/notes/n/1 /nwp/notes/n/2 /nwp/notes/n/3 /nwp/notes/n/4 /nwp/notes/n/5"
	cmd "geany -i 6-10" "geany -i /nwp/notes/n/o/6 /nwp/notes/n/o/7 /nwp/notes/n/o/8 /nwp/notes/n/o/9 /nwp/notes/n/o/10"
	cmd "geany -i  11-15" "geany -i /nwp/notes/n/o/t/11 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/12 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/13 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/14 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/15"
	cmd "geany -i  16-20" "geany -i /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/16 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/17 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/18 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/19 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/20"
	cmd "geany -i 21-25" "geany -i /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/21 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/22 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/23 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/24 /nwp/notes/n/o/t/e/s/25"
	end 

cmd "edit rungs, all (geany)" "geany -i /nwp/rungn /nwp/rungo /nwp/rungt /nwp/runge /nwp/rungs"
	cmd "edit this menu--leafpad" "leafpad /nwp/lpxm"
	cmd "edit this menu--geany" "geany /nwp/lpxm"

' > /nwp/lpxm

echo $'
	#!/bin/sh
	aemenu -rc /nwp/lpxm

' > /nwp/lpx

chmod 755 /nwp/lpx

next script is pretty long and may tank the post, so i'll try it on its own. it's the 669 keys with no dependencies or downloads, so it's worth a shot...actual dependencies (general pups and for what's shown) are yad, aemenu and xdotool. thanks to Iguleder for pexec. (launcher is basically all pexec and the keys are basically all tiny xdotool scripts (thanks, Jordan Sissel).

whether it posts or not, this is the pattern for the keys: 1-36 are F1-F36 and adding modifiers in alphabetical order up to five will take you to 539; the last set is the alphabet following the same rule but starting with three modifiers (alt, control, shift, since super is higher up alphabetically) and going to four to reach 669. save as their abbreviated function to have something easier to remember and call them by. screen capture shows keys being assigned by the scripts clicked on a desktop--the key pad can be exploded [or melted or dripped] off the launcher and placed on the pinboard and panels backed [fronted, masked--depends on how you see it] by whatever icons or text you choose.

[...]
from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 795#884795

also includes multicopy tweak: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 162#884162

here's the included installation readme:
NWP-1.2 Installation and Upgrade

first step is to move, link, or copy the /nwp folder to /, making it a top level directory along with root and usr and the like. if you've got an existing /nwp, rename it until you're sure you're happy with the update. if you are, you can delete the old one (remember to copy back your personal files and whatever customizations you may have made). then open the nwp folder and navigate to /nwp/c.

for a new install, check to see which of the dependencies you're lacking. for thirty two bit, just click the pets. for 64 bit, the rpm and pet are click and install, and the script will place the aemenu cog in /bin, but you can manually place it elsewhere in the PATH if you want (you could also reposition the # in the script to send it to /root/my-applications/bin/ instead of /bin.)

"jin" in the launcher will convert the tray syntax for use with the newest JWMs, "jio" will convert it (or convert it back, since the default is set for legacy (pre slacko/slacko64 6.0.3) pups) to the older syntax. other jwm configurations (p6 configuration folder (p6conf) has the upgrade at a click, but it's only set for the full jwm nwp--nine menus, left side hide away tray with long listing for tasklist items, the 24 desktops, etc) are available in the "browsers+" submenu on the left click (root1) menu, but avoid them if using slacko. (when i'm sure my slacko64 setup is safe and survives configuration changes and other routine shocks, i'll post it, but it's basically no spacer trays (can't get them to work), all the desktops, menus 1, 9, 3, and 6, a broken clock, all the key inserts (slightly altered--for the VTG to work in slacko, the "Down" has to be removed since the menus get activated with the first item pre-highlighted), and all the aemenu and launcher functions (including the new 669 key virtual keypad). i think the surest way to get the jwm functions in slacko without breaking anything is merely to add

<Include>/nwp/root3/menu3s</Include>

directly under the

<RootMenu label="Menu" labeled="false" height="MENHEIGHT" onroot="9">

bit in /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc. then enter

fixmenus; jwm -restart

into a terminal. the key Includes tags can be added to this file as well, but adding them to
.jwm/jwmrc-personal precludes the need for fixmenus every time the file's updated (jwm -restart would suffice).

i recommend either the main launcher (p) or the keys launcher (k) be given a shortcuts such as spacebar plus shift or alt to help integrate them with the physical keys.

the following should be copied to /root/my-applications/bin (just run the following in a terminal or click the "preinstall" script in /nwp/c/.

cp /nwp/k /root/my-applications/bin/k

--------------------------

the older install scripts should all still work on all jwm pups other than slacko:

#!/bin/sh
sed -i 's/<JWM>/<JWM> \n <!--<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>--> \n <Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk3<\/Include>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
#sed -i 's/<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>/<Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk3<\/Include>/' /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop
#added w11 to /root/my-applications/bin--enter into terminal to find out geometry of desktop's windows
#!/bin/sh
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
#
#added w11 to /root/my-applications/bin--enter into terminal to find out geometry of desktop's windows

#!/bin/sh

# nwp full
/nwp/mbm
fixmenus
jwm -restart

#!/bin/sh

# 390r -- version with more 2 minimalistic 9 menu sets available but commented out. joop opens files for editing. three custom trays--you lose the stock bottom tray.
#root9, root9b, and root10 in the main launcher open the main nwp 9 menu set and both reduced nine menu sets. adjust mtk2(opened by joop) to match your choice.
#joopf (joop full) opens joop plus the three 9 menu sets
sed -i 's/<JWM>/<JWM> \n <!--<Include>\/root\/.jwmrc-tray<\/Include>--> \n <Include>\/nwp\/root3\/9\/mtk2<\/Include>/' /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
fixmenus
jwm -restart
/nwp/mbm
/nwp/joop

-----
installation materials are in /nwp/c.

enjoy,

--p. dogfellow, 2/1/16
Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.