Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 02 Aug 2015, 06:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Linphone 3.8.4-**
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Sat 23 May 2015, 19:44    Post subject:  Linphone 3.8.4-**
Subject description: Video SIP VoIP Phone with Instant Messaging

Please take a look at my latest Linphone builds.
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks

UPDATE 4:-
Version 3.8.4 re-uploaded with DTLS media encryption enabled.
This is now in addition to SRTP and ZRTP
UPDATE 3:-
Version number is now 3.8.4
Dependency on libsoup for the account wizard has been removed so it is no longer included in the slacko package.
UPDATE 2:-
I have added the AMR-WB wideband audio codec to all builds and re-uploaded. Even though Linphone has a wonderful selection of other wide and narrow audio codecs I thought I would do this since it does have support for it. I have done a test of this codec and it sounds good to me. The plugin for this requires libvo-amrwbenc which is present in TahrPup but not in the other Pups so I have added it to the packages that need it.

Having used and tested this Linphone version for some days now it all appears to be working very well with no further bugs encountered. I am now happy to upgrade from 3.6.1 and I would urge others to give this magnificent little application a try. Still always take whatever precautions you consider appropriate though of course.
UPDATE 1:-
There was still a bug with the tray icon in the version 3.8.2-48 that I posted for a couple of days. This was still quite serious and caused lots of instability so I reported it to the developers and they reckon they have now fixed it. Version is now 3.8.2-(some higher number) and I have done builds for Slacko 5.7 and Wheezy and Precise and TahrPup which are now uploaded. I will be testing for a while and see how this one goes. Hopefully a few others will join in too.

Linphone 3.6.1 is still very good. When they went to 3.7.0 they made a major core change from eXosip to their own belle-sip which was not easy to get to grips with so I just left it for a while.

Recently they announced 3.8 which quickly moved up to 3.8.2 but there is a problem with the tarball of that so don't use it. I spent a very long time trying to figure it all out. Fixes have gone into the main trunk along with further development and the source code is downloaded from git as 3.8.4-(some number).

The belle-sip dependency (version is 1.4.1 which is the latest release as I write this) requires some unusual stuff from ANTLR, namely libantlr3c and antlr3 and you have to use jdk at build time though java is not needed to run Linphone in Linux once built.

This version supposedly has improved video resolution and full-screen options. It also has DTLS and SRTP and ZRTP and UPnP and pretty much all of the available extra codec plugins. The LDAP feature is also enabled, does anyone use this?

NOTE:- With some SIP providers (including the free sip.linphone.org service) you have the option to use TLS transport for the registration. The settings for this are within the "Manage SIP Accounts" tab of the Preferences GUI when you add or edit an account. To get TLS to work you may need to install the ca-certificates package (from my repo).

As always, treat it as EXPERIMENTAL and take all the usual precautions.
linphone-3.8.2-57.jpg
 Description   Linphone-3.8.2-57 compiled from source in Dpup Wheezy
 Filesize   80.01 KB
 Viewed   186 Time(s)

linphone-3.8.2-57.jpg

Last edited by OscarTalks on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 06:52; edited 6 times in total
stemsee

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2015, 14:21    Post subject:  

Did you upload it? Because I cannot find it only 3.6
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Tue 26 May 2015, 18:40    Post subject:  

Hello stemsee,

Sorry about that, turned out the version originally posted still had quite a serious bug so I took it (them) down for a few hours. Source code has now supposedly been fixed by the developers. I have uploaded some builds of the latest version and edited the first post. Seems much better on initial first tests so fingers crossed and we shall see how it goes.

OscarTalks

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun 2015, 14:22    Post subject:  

All builds re-uploaded with the AMR-WB wideband audio codec added.
I have made a note of this in the first post.
If this is of interest to anyone, just uninstall any previous versions or builds and download and install the current one.
Look for the new codec in the "Codecs" tab of the Preferences GUI window.
It is disabled by default.

OscarTalks

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun 2015, 06:36    Post subject:  

All builds of version 3.8.4 have been re-compiled and re-uploaded with DTLS media encryption enabled. I have tested this over LAN and it all appears to be working. This is in addition to the SRTP and ZRTP options which are still available. Look for this in the "Media encryption type" drop-down menu in the "Network settings" tab of the Preferences GUI.
linphone-DTLS.jpg
 Description   Main Linphone GUI showing Call Secured By DTLS
 Filesize   42.15 KB
 Viewed   76 Time(s)

linphone-DTLS.jpg

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: