Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 05 Jul 2015, 15:44
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
JWM Theme pack collection (NEW)
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
David Andrew

PostPosted: Mon 04 May 2015, 14:36    Post subject:  JWM Theme pack collection (NEW)  

I’ve created a JWM themepack that allows you to switch themes with corresponding buttons straight from the JWM Configuration manager, without any manual messing around per switch. Turns out this is now possible with the latest JWM version (so it seems).

My theme pack includes a mish-mash of theme buttons for some of the default themes, and some of my own / new themes. Here’s the JWM preview screen, and how it should look if you have installed it correctly:

There’s a couple of steps needed, but not difficult. First and foremost make a backup of your puppy save file before trying this to fall back on, in case something goes wrong. I can’t guarantee anything.

1) Firstly, you need to have the latest JWM version installed, which is v 2.2.2. You need to google the correct package for you puppy version.

2) Secondly and also essential, is the “libpng” version 1.6 package that you need to install. As above, you need to google this to find the correct package for your Puppy version.

3) When you have these 2 pets / packages installed, simply install my attached JWM theme package from here, install it and restart X. From the JWM configuration manager, you should now have all the themes as according to the above screenshot.

I have not created anything along the lines of separate start menu buttons yet, I may do so in an update.
JWMthemes.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  JWMthemes.pet 
Filesize  54.02 KB 
Downloaded  105 Time(s) 
David Andrew

PostPosted: Mon 04 May 2015, 15:04    Post subject:  

Forgot to mention - you also need this font for the 3 Windows themes:

http://fontzone.net/font-details/microsoft-sans-serif
David Andrew

PostPosted: Tue 05 May 2015, 17:19    Post subject:  

An update pet package:

* Made some improvements to all existing Windows themes. Win XP and Clearlooks themes now have gradient panels.

Also added 2 new themes: Silver XP and Ubuntu Studio. For the Ubuntu studio theme, make sure you have the Ubuntu font installed.

Screenshot of update:

JWMthemesV2.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  JWMthemesV2.pet 
Filesize  64.33 KB 
Downloaded  86 Time(s) 
Moat

PostPosted: Tue 05 May 2015, 21:17    Post subject:  

Gorgeous tweaks. Definitely something JWM can stand to use! Cool

Bob
David Andrew

PostPosted: Wed 06 May 2015, 14:25    Post subject:  

I' ve just tested my v2 .pet on a 32-bit LXPuppy and it gave an error message. I created it on LH64 and it installs fine on that - weird.

In any case, I will try to fix this issue with the version 3 pet that I'll upload later today, which will include some more themes and updates / improvements to existing ones. I will also include a .zip version for manual instalment.

Sorry about that if anyone had issues with my pet.
starhawk

PostPosted: Wed 06 May 2015, 14:47    Post subject:  

If you made it on a 64 bit Pup, it's probably a 64 bit dotPET. That won't work on a 32 bit Pup... hence the error.

David Andrew

PostPosted: Thu 07 May 2015, 16:55    Post subject:  

I’ve created a final version 3 package of my JWM themes. The new .pet still doesn’t seem to work on a 32-bit Puppy, so if it doesn’t work for you then use the attached .zip file instead. Assuming you have followed the instructions of the original post, the contents (not the root folder itself) of the .zip file need to be extracted to:

/root/.jwm/themes

This should give you my final revision of my JWM theme pack. The v.3 updates include:

* Fixes / oversights to all the previous themes.

* The Amiga theme has been replaced by an Aros theme. The Aros theme itself is very Amiga OS-like, but I personally think it looks a lot better. Panel should be at the top for this theme. (achieved manually by editing the /root/.jwmrc-tray file)

* A new black Vista-like theme created from scratch. Emphasis on “like”. The glass buttons are not 1:1 copies of the official Vista black theme. All aspects of this theme are only based on it.

* I added a gradient panel to the citrus theme, sticking to it respective colours - to make it look a bit more modern.

* As above, I added a gradient panel to the Gradient-blueish theme. Additionally, I have created new buttons for it.

* I’ve changed the buttons of the Ambiance to the later version ones. Panel should be at the top for this theme. (achieved manually by editing the /root/.jwmrc-tray file)

Screenshot of update:

JWMthemes3.zip
Description 
zip

Download 
Filename  JWMthemes3.zip 
Filesize  119.37 KB 
Downloaded  67 Time(s) 
JWMthemes3.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  JWMthemes3.pet 
Filesize  80.68 KB 
Downloaded  67 Time(s) 
David Andrew

PostPosted: Fri 08 May 2015, 17:47    Post subject:  

I said version 3 would be the final version:

I lied.

Well, not so much a lie, I just got addicted to creating JWM themes.

2 more themes:

Watercolour Pup - a hybrid of the Windows XP beta theme "Watercolor Whistler" and XP Luna itself.

Clean Slate: My own theme, pretty much my only own one in the whole pack.

Screenshot:

JWMthemesFinal.zip
Description 
zip

Download 
Filename  JWMthemesFinal.zip 
Filesize  139.85 KB 
Downloaded  59 Time(s) 
JWMthemesFinal.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  JWMthemesFinal.pet 
Filesize  93.88 KB 
Downloaded  80 Time(s) 
David Andrew

PostPosted: Sat 09 May 2015, 14:48    Post subject:  

Wasn't too keen on my own themes red buttons, so I've revised them with round glass ones. Zip attached:

CS.zip
Description 
zip

Download 
Filename  CS.zip 
Filesize  13.12 KB 
Downloaded  54 Time(s) 
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Jump to: