FlSynClient

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
chiefengineer

FlSynClient

#1 Post by chiefengineer »

on two of my laptops: new Acer and Asus with integrated clicking on the touchpad. The palm detect either renders no tapping anywhere or the cursor repositions unexpectedly during most typing...thus tapping must be turned off. Calibration is not greyed out but crashes the applet when attempted. Can I manually reset these parameters somewhere to do less detection? These laptops come with some sort of advert claiming enhanced touchpads, but Windows has been wiped from these machines and they are legacy bios only now with the alternatives set there. Maybe I should just forget tapping and retrain myself rather than re-type every email? if this is the wrong forum tell me and I will repost (Fatdog 700rc).

kirk

#2 Post by kirk »

Take a look here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/faqs/touchpad.html Ignore the part about Dell-psmouse, I need to remove that.

chiefengineer

Thanks for that

#3 Post by chiefengineer »

I had the MAN page and was avoiding going through that but was Googling the wrong terms so Ibiblio never came up. I'd like to point out for posterity's sake none of the older puppy distros I have tried (4) or even Fatdog 600's work at all with these two machines...they load with a frozen cursor/keyboard. In some cases a guest mouse works. Mouse doesn't work with Kali on the Asus and that is the first failure in that world for me. Congrats on the bleeding edge know-how.

8Geee

#4 Post by 8Geee »

Aren't there touchpad buttons L or R of pad, or below? Some of these look invisible, but are there.
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."