" Quote:
and stop whining...it will not get you laid "

""""""""""""""'''

Now he tells me...years on...

Chris.

mikeb

#32 Post by mikeb »

'He may not have recognised me because he used to have a beard ...'

sorry quoted myself from many moons ago...IIRC it was said in all seriousness.

mike

scsijon

#33 Post by scsijon »

and, so, did shino get in touch?

Last contact with him I had was back soon after the tsunami, when he was working in the field helping recovery events, and intended having a 'rethink' afterwards.

But he did do some puppy work afterwards, so obviously he's around still, it just may be that puppy is not in his top 10 anymore.

greengeek

#34 Post by greengeek »

Been lots of negative reports in recent months of the broader effects of Fukushima continuing to affect the Japanese people so if he was involved with it before he may have been involved again recently. They still dont know where the corium is, or how to contain groundwater contamination.

LazY Puppy

#35 Post by LazY Puppy »

lots of negative reports in recent months of the broader effects of Fukushima
Ahh, come on people.

Tschernobyl, Fukushima and others is nothing to be scared of. People died anyways - always.

We need Electronic Power Stations all over the World, because of to do our Jobs.

Our Jobs are: to be real good and nice Consumers and to buy/get a new Smartphone 'n stuff every six months and to talk b.l..t around the world 24 hours a day but communicate only a few minutes to the beloved people at home.

That's why we need all these Electronic Power Stations.

Watch at Tschernoby. There are already Birds flying in the Sky, so it isn't that dangerous for real.

Everything is just fine! :D

:lol:
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

greengeek

#36 Post by greengeek »

LazY Puppy wrote:Watch at Tschernoby. There are already Birds flying in the Sky, so it isn't that dangerous for real. Everything is just fine! :D
Fukushima is much more dangerous than Chernobyl. I feel sad for the Japanese people (and anyone with a Pacific coast)

LazY Puppy

#37 Post by LazY Puppy »

Fukushima is much more dangerous than Chernobyl. I feel sad for the Japanese people (and anyone with a Pacific coast)
I'm convinced our insatiable appetite for Energy wasting so-called New Media Technologies plus the our desire for distant places that keeps us flying/traveling around the world, is much more dangerous than (Fukushima x Tschernobyl)¹²³ !

Fukushima, Tschernobyl and others plus all those chemical disasters only did happen -and will continue so., because of that insatiable appetite of almost all human beings. :wink:

Human being is kinda like terrorism for the evolution.

However: probably you have overseen my --> :lol: <-- at the end of my previous post?
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

Ted Dog

#38 Post by Ted Dog »

I have always been surprised that Japan has so many Nuclear Plants, being the only place to have been Nuked, you'd figure they would be against that.... plus the whole Godzilla deal.

rcrsn51

#39 Post by rcrsn51 »

Ted Dog wrote:I have always been surprised that Japan has so many Nuclear Plants
If you don't have your own fossil fuel resources, you need another way to generate electricity.

scsijon

#40 Post by scsijon »

From reading and 'talking' online with my japanese manga friends, both then and since, there is even now 'quite a bit of a / underlying' helplessness feeling over there, both for the reactor's and the tsunami after-effects.

To give you two major stats.

There's still more than 40% 'missing-believed-deseased' and there were over 13,500 bodies recovered with cause of death directly from the tsunami.

There were over 200,000 people directly (physically) affected by the reactor meltdown with another 1million affected as far as their livelyhood (food supply) was concerned.

I'm not going to go on, I could, but those two stats might give you some idea of the damage to the people that ocurred.

So as far as i'm concerned, anything Shinobar and the group he was working with, and similar groups do to help his people get over it is a lot more use to society than a version of linux.

If one day, he pops back up, i'll be happy to say hullo, if not I won't worry because I will believe he has found a goal more important to work with.

8Geee

#41 Post by 8Geee »

scsijon wrote: If one day, he pops back up, i'll be happy to say hullo, if not I won't worry because I will believe he has found a goal more important to work with.
I agree fully. Shinobar was also on the eee-user forums in their heyday and provided useful tools and coding. He provided a FF2.0 --> 3.0, OpenOffice 2 --> 3 upgrade among things I found useful.
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

Moat

#42 Post by Moat »

mikeb

#43 Post by mikeb »

And I thought he had gone into hiding as trying to deal with the puppy way of software life was finally getting to him :D

mike

scsijon

#44 Post by scsijon »

GOOD! :-)