Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Jan 2018, 22:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » HOWTO ( Solutions )
Geany as Launcher, Bookmarks Manager, and Word Processor
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 4 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jan 2017, 10:18    Post subject: nwp32/64.8
Subject description: new folders for the geany tweak plugins (and geany, if you're running an older pup)

from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=937681#937681:

Quote:

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

from where things are, where it's at (,or maybe just what it is)
updates to the nwp and the workshop folder
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

[...]
nwp8 (32 and 64 bit--ns is new syntax (32 bit pups after slacko 5.7)) cleans up the root one menu, fixes some permissions problems, adds a few scripts (33/66 (bounce the mouse cursor out and down (default positions for popups (etc) sometimes interfere with functions and i find these two scripts help), and icono/iconsesame, which should make it easier to customize your icons, mime types and file labeling), some custom configs for the urxvt terminal…) and takes the recommended add-ins out (see nwprecs1 and nwprecs2, which add folders by those names in /root. included in each is an install and a remove script, the contents of which are shown below). nwp8 also includes the improvements made to the mcc (make concurrent copies (and optionally label them) utility: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=102846 ).
[...]

pm installer is already part of the nwp (i should've removed it). thanks to aragon, radky, RSH, SFR, rerwin, don570, 01micko, Barry Kauler, shinobar, trio, rcrsn51, disciple, technosaurus, step, musher0, Geoffrey, Corvus, OscarTalks, mavrothal, gyro, watchdog, MochiMoppel, peebee, Whitesnow, 666philb,...

clicking the install script will give you a popup asking you if you want to install each item. the remove script just empties its respective folder of the pets.
[...]
pets are down to about 8mb. version 7 (slightly more busy root1/left click menu) also comes as an SFS (same 3 variations).

----

pdogfellow 12/16

it is what it does, so see launcher shortcuts and keyboard shortcuts for (perhaps) a better idea.

(barring that, it uses short commands, the keys, screen artifacts (stuff you click or activate with a mouse or finger), and/or popup menus to launch files, programs, text strings, commands (including resizing, moving, and/or reshaping windows) or mimic the menus (or select aspects thereof arranged to your tastes) of more or less any programs you choose, in a way better suited to you and your habits than stock/default…---; use a minimalistic or limited text editor plus a browser as a full word processor, have nine more menus than most stock jwm pup setups, and for my part, i'd so much rather have it than not that i document all the changes i make to it and make sure it's available to me as soon as i fire up a new pup (often i use woofy to install it before i actually boot a pup for the first time, which is incidentally the original reason for the external pet installs--don's right click package and Whitesnow's (oops, thanks, Whitesnow--big omission (now fixed)--your dropbox package is awesome--been using it for pretty much as long as i've been using puppy/linux--it's much better than what i tried to put together for megasync (though, granted, you know what you're doing and i'm a noob (NWP--Noob's Word Processor/Ultimatesque Utility Pack)) mydbox require choices that are better left unautomated; this will turn out to be easier to upgrade for future builds anyway so no real setback...)--so much for brevity.

[...]

the custom root2 menu (exists also as a submenu/sample template on 0 and 9) requires some additional plugins over base pup. i mostly use geany 125 and 127, the latter my only 32 bit version going at the moment. the folders containing the geany plugins (and/or geany; upgrade precise (this and the 125 plugins courtesy of Corvus) from 123 to 125, which is why the 32 version is so much larger) contain scripts similar to those for the rec'd pet installs:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#install these plugins-125-64
#nwp's root2 menu only requires first two
petget ./geany-plugin-extrasel_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-macro_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-markdown_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-miniscript_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-multiterm_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-numberedbookmarks_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-overview_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-pairtaghighlighter_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-prettyprinter_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-shiftcolumn_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-xmlsnippets_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb

#!/bin/sh
#nwp's root2 menu only requires first three
petget ./geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-treebrowser_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-extrasel_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-multiterm_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-overview_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
#install these plugins-127-32

#!/bin/sh
petget ./geany-plugins-1.25-i686.pet
petget ./geany-1.25-i686.pet
petget ./geany_DOC-1.25-i686.pet
#install-125+plugins

___

yet to be addressed:

alternate file system and navigation in general (keep out of root, make it easier to find and link to your stuff across pups)
the virtual keypad(s) (relates in part back to the custom program menus on some of the jwm and aemenu popus…)
settings, file, and config porting/backup (see /nwp/pet folder, the links above, or the main support thread for more. there's also a bit of it now as part of the rox right click menu.)
panel frame and pinboard switching
the vtg (part of the nwp (noop) installation. link is (was) to
Geany as Launcher, Bookmarks Manager, and Word Processor
open programs, files, folders and web sites; reshape and resize windows; process words
)
lpx...
(...no point in making this as long as the support threads--launcher shortcuts file explains much of it and keyboard and menu config files are heavily commented)...

[...]

add/remove packages and alter the install script to reflect custom choices for future installations (or delete the whole thing when you're done. sometimes it's convenient, sometimes it's not. usually a combo).
[...]

other known issues: the wmctrl close all instances scripts don't work in 64bit, two or three tray settings could use some tweaking (will be part of the update script from .6 (6t4 plus update1) to .9)...you may have to reinstall xdotool through your PPM if using 64 bit (generally if alt+arrow squirts your window across the screen, the xdotool that came over with the pet's okay. next step would be to test some of the autotext scripts in the launcher (i usually test with scz ("make this text file a script", i.e. it autotexts out (tada! (if you're watching me write this live)) #!/bin/sh) in the launcher)).

seems i forgot to add woofy to the recs as well:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=429229#429229
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUDhE3nQF8uekx4UXEwVTlJTE0/view?usp=sharing

(woofy-0.91.pet mirrored in the mostly_common_32 folder/thanks to sc0ttman)

i had been manually adding the configs, folders, and files that comprise the nwp pets, then resquashing the file system, but it turns out making pets and then installing them through woofy is for the most part easier (same goes for manually reconfiguring a running pup--using pets for the new files and configs (and optionally activating what's generally just a few simple copy and backup scripts--the pinstall.sh(punistall.sh) script(s) and whatever, if anything, it (they) call (calls--last of parentheticalling out the uninstall part of the combo--good practice suggests you fill it with the countermeasures to your install script and pet installation, but i view the nwp as concrete with regards to its place in respins so am a bit remiss with this, the rather large (and apparently functioning) uninstall scripts circa nwp32/64.4 that you can find in the main nwp thread (and postdated pets) notwithstanding) is easier than repeating the process for each installation/update).

some more on pinstall/uninstall in general and as it relates to nwp installation, configuring, and removal:

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug 2016, 02:33 Post subject: update simplifies installation, customization, portability
Subject description: (your original configs become my39 in the launcher--full nwp and functions by default.
(but you can now uninstall aspects of it individually through the piecemeal submenu on mae (launcher code or in your applications folder) or the scripts in /nwp/c)
from minor nwp update (two lines on the pinstall script that lead
into this how-to on the jwm configuration quickswitches:
[...]

only changes since the last batch are an update of the elp help file and the following two lines added to the pinstall scripts (that activate after the pet installation moves in the files you're adding to your system):
Code:

Code:
cp -f /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal /nwp/root3/root39menu/jwmrc-personal
cp -f /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc /nwp/root3/root39menu/_root_.jwmrc   

these lines make your current jwm configuration (current as of the time of this nwp.pet install) your my39 quickswitch (i.e. "my39" in the launcher activates that particular set of configuration files); my39r reverses it, but only to the previous configuration. this is to say, installing, playing around with the configuration switches, and then getting back to your preinstall config while leaving the rest of the functions in tact may lead to some unfortunate backtracking--making the originals a quickswitch avoids any headaches and brings up a point about customizing your own (or sets of your own) wm features--anything you do to the contents of the root#menus folders in /nwp/root3 and their associated files will stick as a quickswitch and the feature mod (the tray, key, and menu config files for the nine extra menus (x3), the 6 keycentric configs, the thirty or so trays are all there) will be a part of the swapped in customizations, but you must mod the files in nwp/root3/, not the ones in their system-active places in root/.jwm and /etc/xdg/templates to make them portable (though you could always run the above two lines adjusted to the destination folder of your choice (or drag and drop manually--rl in the launcher then c gets you there...there's a keycut...my guess is alt plus j...(woo hoo)(rung is h for keys launcher, j for rox launcher, k for geany, l for leafpad)...---make changes, restart jwm to see if you like them, copy them to those folders in nwp/root3 if you want to make them swappable. the new menus on scroll up and down and mae (ae menu launched by that code in main launcher) have the quickswitches plus links to edit or activate the keys, trays, menus, etc. you can edit the files to include menus from elsewhere, but all the presets are fed from that folder. make a file of the above repeated for menus30-49 and you could vtg in your current settings at any time with a click of the cauliflower (etc).

from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=920289#920289, a post in A NWP/A NWPUS--A Nooby Word Processor and Utilities Suite (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=850270#850270).

(installation and removal still as above). 64 bit does all the tweaks automatically, 32 bit has you activate the geany and rox tweaks separately.)
[...]
nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

nwprecs2.pet

nwprecs1.pet

recs5p.xz

geany4nwp-125,7-32.tar.xz

geany-nwp-plugins-64-125.tar.xz

[...]

____

for more on customizing your JWM setup, see Joe's site and/or the thread that bore the thread that hosts/develops the spins (and the nwp/vtg combo--their threads are more or less updates/announcements):

Add A JWM Bookmarks Menu or Submenu/Messing Around With JWM
button, menu, key, and tray tweaking

____

{
where things are, where it's at (,or maybe just what it is)
updates to the nwp and the workshop folder

(the forum post will have better links so i'll copy/paste that back here as an improved version of the original).
}

eventually i became familiar enough with Puppy Linux that hours of customization and tinkering became portable and one click installable--most of the delays with spin making come from keeping the system generic enough to (re)offer the public (the nwp is the approximatic). anyway, here's a link to the main, as yet unupdated nwp (A Noob's Word Processor/Ultimatesque Utilities (UU/W) Pack(/NWP/nwp/noop/anubis/anuupus/,etc)) thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=850270#850270

NWP/A NWPUS--A Noob's Word Processor and Utilities Suite
nwp32/64.8

this is the thread (which will eventually be) formerly known as

A NWP/A NWPUS--A Nooby Word Processor and Utilities Suite
robust, extensible, and superseded in ministrosity by pu(/)up!

--------------
posts starting midway down the previous page give a decent overview (including the launcher and keyboard codes minus what's mentioned at the start of this document):

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=918471#918471

will update the quick links and repost the updated launcher codes and keyboard stuff before the next release. new nwp cleans up the left click menu the same as the earlier firefox pet. when nwp.9 comes out i'll offer a patch pet for whatever the last version of 6t4 is at the time (other spins should just (back up your customizations or personal files first) reinstall the newer nwp over the older one (your old nwp configs will get ported by the new one, but personal files stored in the nwp file system should probably be petted or otherwise backed up when installing a new one. same goes for any scripts you've altered).

renaming the old nwp directory before petting in the new one is probably the fastest and easiest way to preserve your customizations (if there are many, the fastest and easiest way is probably to pet them back over the incoming rewrites (/nwp/pets, the rox right menu, and the mae menu have options for doing this).

launcher shortcuts
keyboard shortcuts

nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

nwp+vtg support folder has the .7 sfses

geany4nwp-125,7-32.tar.xz

geany-nwp-plugins-64-125.tar.xz

working well in xenial 32 and 64 bit and tahr64--all i have running at the moment, but intend to try out quirky and slacko700 in the near or so (old people time--it really just seems to keep going faster and faster) future.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jun 2017, 11:39    Post subject: add F13-F35/KP_F1-4 to your keyboard and enable mod3
Subject description: an alternative to the virtual key launcher and the geany root 2 and gg ae menus

the geany menu the nwp installs (root2 and gg in the launcher) uses four modifiers and virtual keys to assign unobtrusive (can't interfere with something that in all likelihood doesn't exist--see sample jwm and ae menus below) keycuts to some geany functions, but you could also make those keys physical with the included pet. this would make accessing something like "rectangular select to anchor" or "open up a list of all the current geany documents itself as a geany document" (right click to use as a table of contents/bookmarks of sorts--control+shift+o will also open the document under the cursor) even faster than arrowing down to selection on the auxiliary menu or alt+h (key launcher's under the right index finger if you installed the nwp pet from earlier) plus acwff#. in fact, now that you can have an F39 (really KP_4, but the real fake F keys go up to 35) that's an actual key. here's a sample of the jwm geany menu and the ae version in its entirety:

#ae menu for geany shortcuts (deps xdotool)
cmd "vtg" "xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return F2 ctrl+7"
cmd "move first" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F14"
cmd "last used" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F13"
cmd "move last" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F15"
cmd "set anchor" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F16"
cmd "select to anchor" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F17"
cmd "rectangular select to anchor" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F18"
cmd "geany --new instance" "geany --new-instance"
cmd "geany --document list" "geany --list-documents > /tmp/glstd; geany /tmp/glstd"
cmd "bookmarks (gny)" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F19"
cmd "documents (gny)" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F20"
cmd "tree-file list (gny)" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F21"
cmd "tree-path (gny)" "xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F22"
cmd "scribble" "xdotool key F6"
cmd "focus editor (gny)" "xdotool key F2"
cmd "toggle message window (geany)" "xdotool key ctrl+7"

<Key mask="A" keycode="157">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf16</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="246">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf18</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="251">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf17</Key>

here's the pet that modifies your keyboard so that you can add F13-F35 and KP_1-KP_4:

xmod8287.1.1.pet

here's the info/help file:

Quote:

click to activate, edit the reset script to suit your layout, edit the runs scripts to suit your preferences, drag run script to startup to have one of the following active by default:

run8287 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock; additional Function keys added to
Modeswitch+F1-F12 for second twelve and Modeswitch+ the number row for the 12 after that (F series only goes up to F35 but the key pad has an additional four (KP_F#) for a total of 39. "F37-F39" are Modeswitch p+ q,w, and e; Hypr_R is added as mod3 (works in JWM but not Rox) and the key put on Pause ond Escape; Modeswitch + Escape is Escape; Modeswitch + either Tab or Backspace is the Menu key. Menu, for keyboards that have it, is usually keycode 77 or 117 (and can be repurposed).

run82 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run82m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), multimedia key under F2 (check your setup with xev) is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run84 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run84c -- Caps_Lock is Control_L, Pause is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

run84m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run87 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

run87m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

------
you may need to disable or reassign some jwm defaults (like screen shot and the global volume controls, or the root and windows menus) to be able to customize the whole set (key often won't show up as a key or otherwise assignable entity if there's a windows manager function that grabs it first. use xev to check keycodes (these keysyms and keycodes are consistent on all my machines, but the multimedia keys almost never are).
add
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3</Include>
or
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3f</Include>
(swap and experiment)
to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
to be able to use the templates in no10m (all function keys and the alphabet plus a little more for mod3 on the larger of the two. mostly just the alphabet under mod3 for the other)

ktab ktabm kset kreset added as nwp shortcuts (open the key table in geany, open the modifier map in geany, open the xmodmap folder in /root/my-applications/, reset the keyboard (set for u.s. layout--edit to suit yours or copy to make (more) toggles)).

see more:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=958657#958657

here's the larger of the two jwm files (function keycut and mod3 templates):
Quote:

<JWM>

<!-- mod three jwm template with it as only modifier. add individual lines to jwmrc.personal or one of your key config files. include the whole file with <Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3</Include>
or
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3f</Include>
(swap and experiment)
added to that/those same file/s -->
<!--
<Key mask="3" key="F1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F10">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F11">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="F12">exec:</Key>
-->

<Key mask="3" key="1">exec:xdotool click 1</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="2">exec:xdotool click 2</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="3">exec:xdotool click 3</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="4">exec:xdotool click 4</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="5">exec:xdotool click 5</Key>

<!-- only these five are currently active. remove bookend arrows (<!-- -->) or move line outside the bookends to activate-->

<!--
<Key mask="3" key="6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="0">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="minus">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="equal">exec:</Key>

<Key mask="3" key="bracketleft">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="bracketright">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="backslash">exec:</Key>

<Key mask="3" key="semicolon">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="apostrophe">exec:</Key>

<Key mask="3" key="comma">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="period">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="slash">exec:</Key>
-->

<!--
<Key mask="3" key="a">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="b">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="c">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="d">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="e">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="f">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="g">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="h">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="i">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="j">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="k">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="l">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="m">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="n">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="o">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="p">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="q">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="r">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="s">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="t">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="u">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="v">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="w">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="x">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="y">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key="z">exec:</Key>
-->
<!--

<Key mask="3" key="space">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="3" key=""></Key>
<Key mask="3" key=""></Key>
<Key mask="3" key="">exec:</Key>
-->
<!--template for 39 function keys, both as masked with all available modifiers added as mask and as the bare key (uncomment and restart jwm to activate): -->

<!-- template for key plus five modifiers at once (4 is windows key and 5 is hyper_R. use search and replace on copies to make sets for any other combinations you need). windows functions generally take no "exec:" i.e. ...>window< to open the windows menu off the key, not "exec:window." same for minimize, maximize--some shutdown functions might need an exec, iirc.
use exec:xdotool ctrl+a(c,v,x) on a key to get select all(copy, paste, cut, etc)
remove lines/chunks from bracketing arrows to activate
-->
<!--
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F12">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F11">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F10">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F9">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F8">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F7">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F6">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F5">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F1">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F12">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F11">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F10">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F9">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F8">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F7">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F6">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F5">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F4">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F3">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F2">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F1">exec:</Key>
-->

<!--
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F24">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F23">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F22">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F21">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F20">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F19">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F18">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F17">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F16">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F15">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F14">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F13">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F24">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F23">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F22">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F21">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F20">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F19">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F18">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F17">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F16">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F15">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F14">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F13">exec:</Key>
-->

<!--
<Key mask="ACS34" key="KP_F4">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="KP_F3">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="KP_F2">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="KP_F1">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F35">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F34">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F33">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F32">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F31">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F30">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F29">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F28">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F27">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F26">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="ACS34" key="F25">exec:</Key>
<Key key="KP_F4">exec:</Key>
<Key key="KP_F3">exec:</Key>
<Key key="KP_F2">exec:</Key>
<Key key="KP_F1">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F35">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F34">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F33">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F32">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F31">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F30">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F29">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F28">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F27">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F26">exec:</Key>
<Key key="F25">exec:</Key>
-->

</JWM>

here's the contents of the one preset (8287) that includes the function key mod. (you can copy that bit to any of the others):

Quote:

!nwp/vtg-xmod
! 35 function keys plus 4 kp function keys (plus 26+ moddable with the 3 mask(+))
! 8287
! caps lock becomes mode switch, scroll lock becomes caps lock
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
! keycode 110 = Caps_Lock
! ^pause key (110) gets made Hyper_R below; this is here for boards with no scroll lock (swap the lead exclamation point between 78/110 lines to set choice). escape becomes modeshift plus escape and Hyper_R otherwise, so you can really use 110 for whatever you like)
keycode 66 = Mode_switch
add Lock = Caps_Lock

!function keys are modeswitch plus function row for second twelve and modeswitch plus the number row for the 12 after that (F series only goes up to F35 but the key pad has an additional four for a total of 39. "f37-f39" are modeswitch plus q,w, and e.

keycode 67 = F1 F1 F13 F13 F1 F1
keycode 68 = F2 F2 F14 F14 F2 F2
keycode 69 = F3 F3 F15 F15 F3 F3
keycode 70 = F4 F4 F16 F16 F4 F4
keycode 71 = F5 F5 F17 F17 F5 F5
keycode 72 = F6 F6 F18 F18 F6 F6
keycode 73 = F7 F7 F19 F19 F7 F7
keycode 74 = F8 F8 F20 F20 F8 F8
keycode 75 = F9 F9 F21 F21 F9 F9
keycode 76 = F10 F F22 F22 F10 F10
keycode 95 = F11 F F23 F23 F11 F11
keycode 96 = F12 F F24 F24 F12 F12

keycode 10 = 1 exclam F25 F25 exclam 1
keycode 11 = 2 at F26 F26 at 2
keycode 12 = 3 numbersign F27 F27 numbersign 3
keycode 13 = 4 dollar F28 F28 dollar 4
keycode 14 = 5 percent F29 F29 percent 5
keycode 15 = 6 asciicircum F30 F30 asciicircum 6
keycode 16 = 7 ampersand F31 F31 ampersand 7
keycode 17 = 8 asterisk F32 F32 asterisk 8
keycode 18 = 9 parenleft F33 F33 parenleft 9
keycode 19 = 0 parenright F34 F34 parenright 0
keycode 20 = minus underscore F35 F35 underscore minus underscore
keycode 21 = equal plus equal KP_F1 KP_F1 equal plus
keycode 24 = q Q KP_F2 KP_F2 q Q
keycode 25 = w W KP_F3 KP_F3 w W
keycode 26 = e E KP_F4 KP_F4 e E

! code below adds Hyper_R as mod 3 (works in jwm but not rox)
keycode 9 = Hyper_R NoSymbol Escape NoSymbol Escape
keycode 22 = BackSpace Terminate_Server Menu Terminate_Server BackSpace Terminate_Server
keycode 23 = Tab ISO_Left_Tab Menu ISO_Left_Tab Tab ISO_Left_Tab
! Menu "key" on modeshift (old caps lock) plus backspace and tab for boards without
keycode 110 = Hyper_R
add mod3 = Hyper_R
!Pause and Escape are Mod3(Hyper_R); Modeswitch is Caps_Lock, Caps_Lock is Scroll_Lock; Modeswitch plus Escape is Escape; Modeswitch plus either Tab or Backspace is the Menu key. Menu, for keyboards that have it, is usually keycode 77 (and can be repurposed)
! you may need to disable or reassign some jwm defaults (like screen shot and the global volume controls, or the root and windows menus) to be able to customize the whole set (key often won't show up as a key or otherwise assignable entity if there's a windows manager function that grabs it first.

as a reminder, the launchers off the main launcher also have keys assigned to them in jwm (with the nwp installed):
alt+h -- /nwp/k (virtual key launcher)
alt+j -- /nwp/rl (rox launcher)
alt+k -- /nwp/gl (geany launcher)
alt+l -- /nwp/ll (leafpad launcher)

reassign and/or put the menu codes on the Fkeys

here's a screenshot of the xmodmaps folder that the pet adds to /root/my-applications; open it with "kset" in the launcher or from the Utilities menu (the desktop file just opens a folder with a few tools and configuration files in it). click a choice to run, edit the rest button/script to suit your layout (set for u.s.), and link or copy your choice to Startup to have it active as default.
xmod8287.1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   44.28 KB
 Viewed   53 Time(s)

xmod8287.1.jpg

Page 4 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » House Training » HOWTO ( Solutions )
Jump to: