666philb

vivaldi browser

#1 Post by 666philb »

https://vivaldi.com/#Home

32bit pet with pepperflash here https://copy.com/iDky3LRzvuWhLj0D 60.5mb
Attachments
snapshot-2015-03-02-19-26-49.png
(154.94 KiB) Downloaded 6257 times
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hi, phil.

Is it the same as this one?

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

666philb

#3 Post by 666philb »

i think it is , i just added pepperflash to it
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

musher0

#4 Post by musher0 »

I see. Thanks.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

peebee

#5 Post by peebee »

LxPup15.02 (and presumably Slacko6Beta2) needs libgconf-2 for Vivaldi to work - pet attached.
Attachments
libgconf_2-4.1.5.pet
(73.63 KiB) Downloaded 1047 times
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Pelo

65mb, but Vivaldi browses better

#6 Post by Pelo »

65mb, but Vivaldi browses better :)

James C

#7 Post by James C »

Downloaded and installed in Tahr. Looks promising.

Thanks for the pet. :)

vicmz

#8 Post by vicmz »

Test on Puppy Precise 5.7.1

Code: Select all

sh-4.1# vivaldi-snapshot
/opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sh-4.1# /usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
After installing lbnss3 and libnspr from Ubuntu Precise repository I was able to run Vivaldi getting this terminal output:

Code: Select all

sh-4.1# vivaldi-snapshot
[12844:12844:0427/012809:INFO:audio_manager_pulse.cc(258)] Failed to connect to the context.  Error: Connection refused
[12844:12844:0427/012810:WARNING:sxs_linux.cc(125)] Failed to read channels file.
ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE) failed
[12838:12946:0427/012833:ERROR:channel.cc(258)] RawChannel read error (connection broken)
[WARNING:flash/platform/pepper/pep_module.cpp(63)] SANDBOXED
YouTube videos play as usual, though.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

Tried the .pet in Quirky April 7.0.3. Nothing happened so I:
# vivaldi-snapshot -D
/opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

sindi

vivaldi on older hardware

#10 Post by sindi »

I downloaded the 140MB vivaldi tar (embedded in a deb) from
their site, used ar in another linux to extract data.tar
and unpackaged with tar. Says my hardware is too old.
Anyone know the hardware requirements?
My DELL Inspiron 8100 is 1GHz. Hard to find good laptops
without widescreen and glare.

starhawk

#11 Post by starhawk »

Flash wrote:Tried the .pet in Quirky April 7.0.3. Nothing happened so I:
# vivaldi-snapshot -D
/opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Flash, it looks like you need the gconf dotPET posted by peebee, above...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#12 Post by Flash »

Thanks. I installed it, now I get a different error:
# vivaldi-snapshot -D
/opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# /usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

starhawk

#13 Post by starhawk »

Those are symlinks. You should have libudev.so.[...] (where [...] represents the version numbering, in Caro Vanguard it's libudev.so.0.11.1) somewhere in /lib -- just create a relative link from it, entitled libudev.so.0 and you'll be OK. (That's lib udev dot ess oh dot zero!)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#14 Post by Flash »

Thanks. Quirky April has libudev.so.1.6.0 in /lib. I right-clicked on it in Rox and chose Link, then created a Symlink to it named libudev.so.0. Now, when I enter vivaldi-snapshot in a urxvt window, I get this:
# vivaldi-snapshot
/opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# /usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
There's nothing that begins with libdbus in /lib and Pfind finds nothing in all of April when I search for libdbus*

starhawk

#15 Post by starhawk »

Sounds like you need a DBus package, doesn't it! ;)

I'm not familiar with Quirky April or any of the other pseudoPups that BK has been cooking up since his apparent retirement. However, if it's 32 bit and compatible with dotPET packages, I would snap up what's on the wikka, and I'd probably grab dbus-glib while I was at it, just in case.

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/dbus
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/dbusglib

There are download links on each linked page. In the case of the DBus page (the first link) you probably would want the newer link -- that would be, of the two possibilities, the one that's higher on the page.

By the way, this is the process I refer to as 'libhunting' -- somebody didn't expect you to need these libs, and now you're left to track 'em down. In defense of the dev who left 'em out, well, you really can't expect to have every single support package in existence in your distro... I don't think even eg Debian does that! ...that said, DBus is pretty basic, as I understand it...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#16 Post by Flash »

Thanks, it might be a day or two before I can get to that.
starhawk wrote:... you really can't expect to have every single support package in existence in your distro... I don't think even eg Debian does that! ...that said, DBus is pretty basic, as I understand it...
The Vivaldi .pet is 61 MB. How much larger would it be if it included the more obscure libs Vivaldi needs to run? I think what I'm talking about is an application in a directory, or perhaps a Rox app. There are many libs that every Puppy can be expected to have. Those don't need to be included -- unless they're tiny, in which case might as well include them too. :)

starhawk

#17 Post by starhawk »

...and what, pray tell, happens if Puppy already has the libs you need? For example, Caro Vanguard has libdbus (...which, BTW, should be in /usr/lib -- check there before you download!).

To answer my own question -- what happens is file clobber that breaks stuff. It's far better to have the user go off libhunting for a little bit, than to have applications that break other parts of the OS when you install them!

Applications in a directory are the basis for how Linux works, really -- and dotPET packages generally do not (if ever at all) contain ROXApps. Remember that a dotPET is a tarball (*.tar.gz archive) that has an MD5sum plunked into it such that PetGet can tell when the package has corrupted... if you were to convert a dotPET to a regular tarball and open it in eg PupZip, you'd find directories like /usr and /etc and such in there. The files within that directory hierarchy are plunked down into the appropriate places in the filesystem. All PetGet really does is verify the package, unpack it, read the directory tree, and plunk files where they go. It's not *that* complicated. Certainly not rocket science!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#18 Post by Flash »

I thought an application-in-a-directory included in the directory everything the app needs to run. Almost like a binary. That way, the app would know right where a needed library was. No other app in the computer would know that particular library was in that particular directory, so there would be no collision. Am I wrong about how that works?

starhawk

#19 Post by starhawk »

The binary is the executable part of the code. Everything else included supports it. However -- the person or people creating the package (not just a binary!) make certain assumptions about the filesystem content outside of that package -- the environment into which the package will be installed.

Generally you don't package all required supporting libs in with a binary. You /can/ do that, but then you end up with a boatload of duplicates. /usr/lib exists for a reason, you know ;)

Let's look at Chromium, my web browser of choice. There is a shell script at /usr/bin/chromium, but the actual binary is /usr/lib/chromium/chromium (oddly enough, with a lib icon, dunno why, it's not a *.so). There are supporting libs in /usr/lib/chromium, but those are not the only required libs by any means. Pepperflash is included with this particular Chromium (one of peebee's SFSs) and that's hanging around somewhere. Strictly speaking it's 'recommended' rather than 'required' in that Chromium will run without Pepperflash -- but then you don't get flash content, only HTML5 (etc) and that's kind of a downer.

However, if I install that SFS into Carolina Vanguard, open a terminal and type chromium [ENTER] -- I will get an error message, about a missing symlink having to do with libevent, which (as I understand it) is a thing that lets callbacks occur when something happens to a file. (Remember that everything is a file in Linux, and that libraries --'libs'-- add capabilities to the binaries within a filesystem. libjpeg, for example, allows binaries to, well, do stuff with JPEG files, for example.) You can find more info on libevent at its website.

So, Chromium's developers, and the people who packaged it up for us (peebee repackages Slackware TXZs from a guy calls himself 'alienbob', so there's a couple folks involved there), made an assumption that libevent would be present in some form in whatever distro it was plunked into. In most cases that's probably a safe assumption. However, in Carolina Vanguard, it isn't, and libevent becomes a dependency ('dep'). In this case it's the only one. You haven't been so lucky with Vivaldi, apparently, but that does happen. In particular, it happens a lot when you're pulling in stuff from other distros. So, for example, if I install an application from say Slackware 14.1 into TahrPup, because TahrPup does Ubuntu better than Slackware, I'll quite likely have a fat pile of deps (mostly libs) to hunt down. What is a safe assumption about Slackware 14.1's filesystem contents, is not necessarily so for Ubuntu Trusty Tahr.

Make sense?

Aztk

Vivaldi abort

#20 Post by Aztk »

Excuse my bad English. I used Google Translate.

I installed the pet Vivaldi, libraries were missing and what I did was I copied the libraries that come in my firefox 40.0.2 because they are the same that appeared me in terminal. Now, in trying to run it, this appears in terminal. I'm using X-Precise.

http://postimg.org/image/gsvf4y4yz/