Bug in the Forum software - or is it something malicious ?

Please post any bugs you have found
Robin2

Bug in the Forum software - or is it something malicious ?

#1 Post by Robin2 »

I haven't seen any section for comments about the Forum itself.

There is no difficulty typing the word "Out house"

But if I type the plural of that word "outhouses" when my post is published you see it at "outhouses"

This is not a wind-up - the first version of the word you see as "outhouses" shows up as the plural of "Out house" in my edit window.

...R

Makoto

Re: Bug in the Forum software - or is it something malicious ?

#2 Post by Makoto »

Robin2 wrote:I haven't seen any section for comments about the Forum itself.
I think we usually just use the Misc. subforum for that, but I could be wrong.
There is no difficulty typing the word "Out house"

But if I type the plural of that word "outhouses" when my post is published you see it at "outhouses"

This is not a wind-up - the first version of the word you see as "outhouses" shows up as the plural of "Out house" in my edit window.

...R
It's neither a bug nor malicious - it's a word filter. Due to the high volume of 'Out house contractor' spam we often get, Flash set up a Out house-related word filter or two, to annoy the human spammers, mess up search results (their attempt to gain higher rankings on search engines), etc. It also does make the spam easy to find, not that it sticks around for long. :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

Jasper

#3 Post by Jasper »

The plural of the word "Out house" is Out house(s) not outhouses and the plural has good reason to be in common usage in this Forum.

So there are no hidden drives, partitions, directories, files or meanings and it's not a windup.

Robin2

Re: Bug in the Forum software - or is it something malicious ?

#4 Post by Robin2 »

Makoto wrote: Flash set up a Out house-related word filter or two,
Could we, the legitimate users, get a list of the words that we are not able to use?

...R

Ted Dog

#5 Post by Ted Dog »

nope... we know your tricks outhouse S P A M M E R please leave us alone..

Robin2

#6 Post by Robin2 »

Ted Dog wrote:nope... we know your tricks outhouse S P A M M E R please leave us alone..
I hope that remark is not addressed to me !

...R

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Robin2 wrote:I hope that remark is not addressed to me !
Of course not. :roll: Keep in mind that over the years, this forum has had to put up with many, many spammers. We're not very patient with anyone we perceive to be one. If you are not a spammer, just smile and persevere. We'll get used to you. If you are a spammer, combust and go back to hell.
Over the years, many words have been added to the list, with sometimes hilarious results. If you stumble onto one, you can get around it by editing the post to mis-spell the word, add spaces or dashes between the letters of the word, or use a synonym.

Robin2

#8 Post by Robin2 »

Flash wrote:Of course not.

If you stumble onto one, you can get around it by editing the post to mis-spell the word, add spaces or dashes between the letters of the word, or use a synonym.
Thank you.

...R

Ted Dog

#9 Post by Ted Dog »

New Outhouse S P A M countdown in

.... :twisted: