Posted: Mon 05 Jan 2015, 20:52 Post subject:
Pet2pet Subject description: xz to gz compression converter for PET archive
January 6th, 2015 UPDATE: 1.1 version available.
1.1 version changelog:
- workaround for pet2tgz old versions that don't handle xz suffix
- link handling fixed
About this software:
Here you are Pet2pet, a utility that converts xz compressed PET archives in gz ones, useful for Puppy developers to distribute small packages (without concern for which Puppy Linux will be able to install) and useful for users to download smaller data.
You can use it in GUI or in terminal.
*.* STEP BY STEP USE *.*
How to use it in GUI:
1. drag /usr/bin/pet2pet onto your desktop
2. drag your xz compressed PET archive on that icon
3. a "Conversion done!" message will appear
1. select a xz compressed PET archive (just click on it with right mouse button)
2. choose Pet2pet menu entry
3. a "Conversion done!" message will appear.
How to use it in terminal:
1. launch "pet2pet" and use a xz compressed PET archive as argument (without argument, it displays an help to usage).
Xz Utils (xz)
Please, note: if your Puppy Linux hasn't got it, try to install by system installer or visit a trusted repository (i.e. http://www.smokey01.com/coolpup).
- easy to use
- error handler (shows an xz lack alert, prevents wrong/none file submission, shows popups in GUI or short texts in terminal)
- icon auto-handling
- auto-linking in context menu.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum