Getting Belkin Fd7051 wireless USB stick to work

Cliffy

#46 Post by Cliffy »

I also double checked the driver I downloaded and it does seem to be the right one for windows xp

Semme

#47 Post by Semme »

<stage>What I meant a ways back was using a different version of ndiswrapper, not necessarily a kernel change.</left>
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

tempestuous

#48 Post by tempestuous »

From your video I see that some progress has been made - the ndiswrapper kernel module attempts to load, but fails, with this message -

Code: Select all

Loading ndiswrapper failed with the following message:

Maybe try a different driver.
Puppy has attempted to capture the actual error message, but failed - that's why the entire second line of the onscreen prompt is missing.

I don't think the exact error message is important, the fact is that ndiswrapper has failed. Typical situation. As far as I'm concerned, ndiswrapper should only be considered a last resort.
Sure, Semme is correct - it's feasible that a different version of ndiswrapper might work. But I, for one, wouldn't bother spending the time and effort.
If you want Puppy + wifi, get yourself a Linux-friendly wifi dongle.

Cliffy

#49 Post by Cliffy »

I agree. Ran a cable and got internet. Will try it for awhile and see if I want to spend money on wireless.

Thanks for all the help.