Firefox 34 Super Deluxe

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
l0wt3ch

Firefox 34 Super Deluxe

#1 Post by l0wt3ch »

Nightly build 34.0a1 with Talky video chat (compatible with Android version), and numerous addons and customizations.

Please test and report back.

Download

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

My test results may be invalid because I am using a home-built experimental version of Puppy (with weird layering) so take these comments with a pinch of salt:

When I installed this pet it gave me messages that the add-ons did not match the level of the browser and would not be installed. Also - the pet says this version of Firefox is 17.0.11 (/usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11) not version 34.

However, when I installed the pet and opened the browser the home page had changed to Talky so it looked as if the install was successful.

The help screen tells me that my browser level is Firefox 17.0.8 (even though the pet contents suggest 17.0.11) but the Talky homepage says I need Firefox 24+

Are others seeing similar results?

Seems like Talky uses WebRTC which is the same method used by Google.

l0wt3ch

#3 Post by l0wt3ch »

greengeek wrote:the pet says this version of Firefox is 17.0.11 (/usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11) not version 34.
No, it's 34. It's just in that folder. Go to Help->AboutNightly for the version.

Try deleting /root/.mozilla before installing.

watchdog

#4 Post by watchdog »

I tried it using the code extracted from the pet without .mozilla. Where can you download the original nightly tar ball? When I went back to firefox 31.0 I got a sync error but my bookmarks are not corrupt. There is not the chance to call phones numbers as in google voice, ekiga call-out by psip32, skype. Only chat.

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

watchdog wrote:Where can you download the original nightly tar ball?
You can usually download the Firefox nightlies at ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/, and the releases at ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/, I believe.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

greengeek

#6 Post by greengeek »

I'm keen to give this another try but the download link is no longer valid - do you still have the pet available? cheers!

watchdog

#7 Post by watchdog »

greengeek wrote:I'm keen to give this another try but the download link is no longer valid - do you still have the pet available? cheers!
The firefox 34.0 release (not nightly) comes with hello. Type about:config in the address and search loop:

loop.throttled must be set to false. Then you can add the hello button by personalizing the bar.