Tahr 6.0 CE remastered with XAMPP & ZoneMinder 1.28

Using applications, configuring, problems
mikeb

#16 Post by mikeb »

Well if you only have the devx for its complete perl makes sense to me....

unless there is a perl package to add.... but it might be more confusing that way knowing which ones to add.... like python it all gets a bit fuzzy.

Perl is the perl binary and libs and the modules....

Could click and mount the devx sfs and drag out what you need until it works...

mike

ally

#17 Post by ally »

mikeb

#18 Post by mikeb »

Might be a little hasty ally ...don't think he has finished yet...hoping to trim it down. Don't want to use up yer space....

mike

rockedge

#19 Post by rockedge »

Could click and mount the devx sfs and drag out what you need until it works...
Exactly what I am going to try. ZoneMinder needs several perl modules installed. DBD::mysql , LWP::UserAgent , Date::Manip , DBI , Sys::Mmap, URI::Encode and POLKIT libs. I will jump in and give it a try to extract only the perl modules needed to run zoneminder. I can also attempt to use the PERL installed in XAMPP, which hasn't worked yet in previous builds.

The project is almost complete. It works as is, though work continues, to shrink the overall size and fix some small bugs in the zoneminder css in the montage view of multiple monitors. This may be a zoneminder bug since I used the latest source code from Github...but I am looking for the fix in the meantime. The montage view works well in version 1.27 so I may make an ISO featuring 1.27 instead of 1.28 since it is a stable release and does not require POLKIT shrinking the overall size as well.

dancytron

#20 Post by dancytron »

Just a thought, ignore me if you are already ahead of me.

Maybe get it all set up to work.

Then unmount the devx file.

Then remaster it.

Then see if it works if you remount the devx file.

Then unmount the devx file and try to get it to work by installing the individual perl modules and other libraries. When it works, then remaster it again.

rockedge

#21 Post by rockedge »

Just a thought, ignore me if you are already ahead of me.

Maybe get it all set up to work.

Then unmount the devx file.

Then remaster it.

Then see if it works if you remount the devx file.

Then unmount the devx file and try to get it to work by installing the individual perl modules and other libraries. When it works, then remaster it again.
You know, that is a good idea. Thanks dancytron !
I am going to try this right now.

musher0

#22 Post by musher0 »

rockedge wrote:
musher0 wrote:And we are providing a clone of the the poor girl because... ??? :twisted:
As my medieval friend Ockham says below my sig... :twisted:

musher0
Why? It started while looking for a way to stream cameras pointed at fish tanks easily for the Trout in the Classroom Project run by Trout Unlimited.
http://www.cttrout.org/troutintheclassroom.html. After a lot of experimenting with BroadCam from NCH Software and some other types of Windows junk I went basic and streamed with ffserver-ffmpeg combo. All this is not really suited for kids in school ranging from elementary through High school. So ZoneMinder being Linux based and Open source (FREE) and when setup correctly is rock solid stable in Puppy Linux, UPUP 3.9.9.2 for example has run ZoneMinder in an installation non-stop for 352 days. That on a old IBM Thinkpad T40 with no hard drive. So I thought if I could have a complete Linux OS with XAMPP and ZoneMinder on a LiveCD that can be easily installed with a save file or just run would be the bees knees. Also must be able to fit on CD-ROM as well as a DVD. with as little configuration as possible for such a system. Plus it has proved to be a popular idea amongst friends and others to provide an easy full featured camera security system that can run with the Pack and not only pee with the Puppies. Just load ,boot and run. That is the reason.

Plus it is way for me to learn how to remaster and more about Puppy Linux.
Thanks for the explanation, rockedge. Sorry for having brushed you the
wrong way.

BTW, what does "bees knees" mean? (English is not my mother tongue.)

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

mikeb

#23 Post by mikeb »

bees knees was a saying from the swinging twenties that has lasted til today.

It never really meant anything and there were many more of these rhyming examples.... equivalent of such as 'kool man' and 'neat' and 'wicked' and aw sick man' and so on...

mike

rockedge

#24 Post by rockedge »

After using the method suggested by dancytron, which worked very well. I could load and unload the devx .sfs. So after some drag and drop action I managed to find the devx components needed to get zoneminder started and now the ISO is down to 494 M from 592 M.

I will provide a download link to this version:
Tahr 6.0 CE
XAMPP 5.6.3-0
ZoneMinder 1.28
ffmpeg 2.5

gcmartin

Home or classroom video recording system on OOTB package

#25 Post by gcmartin »

Hello @RockEdge

I dont have any problem with the size of this, the functionality it brings, and the usage suggestions you offer. The most important thing you have shown is that it can be packaged as an ISO to boot with this working wonderfully.

Thanks for what you are presenting us in a self contained video capture system!

An excellent distro approach for our home uses. :idea:

rockedge

#26 Post by rockedge »

In version tahr60-zone128_pae.iso:

For anyone who has the monitor images align themselves vertically in the Montage View and is unresponsive to layout selection changes, please use the following command in a console to correct this bug:

Code: Select all

ln -s /opt/lampp/htdocs/zm/skins/classic/css/classic/views /opt/lampp/htdocs/zm/skins/classic/views/css
this can also be done with the ROX Filer.

Also there will be a improved version of this remaster available for download with the corrections included.

Ted Dog

#27 Post by Ted Dog »

interesting.. we figured how to multisession stream video to DVD would that be something worthwhile? Is it motion triggered?

rockedge

#28 Post by rockedge »

Yes it is motion triggered. Direct recording to DVD would be pretty nifty . As it is now, one can generate videos of video recording to export as well as the stills. Zones can be set up and layered and cameras can trigger other cameras to record. Also X10 can be used through the serial port with external triggers using the X10 protocol. ZoneMinder will also send an email/SMS for notification of an event or alarm if turned on and configured.

more about it :http://www.zoneminder.com/

sheldonisaac

Re: Tahr 6.0 CE remastered with ZoneMinder 1.28 & FFMPEG v2.5

#29 Post by sheldonisaac »

rockedge wrote:I have compiled ffmpeg 2.5 ...
rockedge, how could I get only the ffmpeg that works in Tahr?

Thanks a lot,
Sheldon
Dell E6410: BusterPup, BionicPup64, Xenial, etc
Intel DQ35JOE, Dell Vostro 430
Dell Inspiron, Acer Aspire One, EeePC 1018P

666philb

#30 Post by 666philb »

there are static builds of ffmpeg here http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ just pop it in /usr/bin
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

sheldonisaac

ffmpeg

#31 Post by sheldonisaac »

666philb wrote:there are static builds of ffmpeg here http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ just pop it in /usr/bin
Got it, thanks a lot,
Sheldon
http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/release ... tic.tar.xz

rockedge

#32 Post by rockedge »

sheldonisaac wrote:
Hello Sheldon... In case you ever want to build it from source here is what I did....Use the devx_tahr_6.0.sfs by using the SFS quickload in the menu Setup>SFS Load-on-the-Fly to load the devx.

download the source code https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html and extract the files to some directory. Open that directory containing the FFMPEG source and open a terminal by right clicking and selecting Terminal Here...

in the terminal use the following commands:

#./confiqure

#make

#make install
close it all up then in a new console try

#ffmpeg
that should give you the latest FFMPEG built for your system. Otherwise as suggested you can try the static packages mentioned before.
For me it worked easier to compile a fresh build.

Then unload the Devx using the SFS on the fly script and you should be set. Hope it works for you!

rockedge

#33 Post by rockedge »

For anyone needing a wallpaper for the right "feel" of things
And if anyone could design a wallpaper with a camera lens and a nice Puppy Linux Logo........

or with a Puppy logo:

Attachments
hal-camera_tahrzone128_puppylogo.jpg
(45.63 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
hal-camera_tahrzone128.jpg
(43.94 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Last edited by rockedge on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.

sheldonisaac

#34 Post by sheldonisaac »

rockedge wrote:
sheldonisaac wrote:
Hello Sheldon... In case you ever want to build it from source here is what I did....Use the devx_tahr_6.0.sfs by using the SFS quickload in the menu Setup>SFS Load-on-the-Fly to load the devx.

[much snipped)

that should give you the latest FFMPEG built for your system.
AHA! Thank you!

I will try that; soon, I hope.

Sheldon

Old-Guy

#35 Post by Old-Guy »

rockedge wrote:here is a download link for the current version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By2RUs ... sp=sharing
Am I missing something here? I've downloaded the iso file above, burnt a CD and fired it up on a spare PC (which Ubuntu 10+ won't run on). Tahr 6.0 runs a treat (very impressive too).

I feel a little foolish, but I was expecting a stripped-down distro specifically for CCTV - "A complete CCTV Video Recording ISO for LiveCD or USB stick" - but XAMPP is the only unusual App that I wouldn't expect to find as part of a general purpose Linux Distro, BUT no Zoneminder (or any other Video Recording app) in any shape or form anywhere I can find.