ShowHideIcons-v1.8 30/11/2014

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
stemsee

#31 Post by stemsee »

@Jasper

In case you didn't notice this is not Cafe-Edition thread and I am not appealing for an app.

I am sure the AppStarter is a very good app written by whom? Jasper???
However my app handles upto 3000 icons if needed. It also hides them, and autoarranges them. It also creates additional pins for for two alternate iconified desktops aswell as the iconless and default. Also it supports pins per resolution. I do not think there is any other app in Puppy that comes close.

So. Please remove your post and download from my thread. I am promoting my own work not someone elses'. If you had written some program of your own that would be acceptable....but to continually interject your prefered pre-made code into my 'new' and single-handedly developed code, as if to say "Your stuff is not good enough for anyone in this forum, so let me point you all in the right direction." Defeats the purpose of LINUX and its community driven ethos of development and variety, progress and diversity.

Grow up or get lost!

Jasper

#32 Post by Jasper »

stemsee,

From your high ground, will your moral indignation necessitate that you demand the deletion of the post by gcmartin on page 103 of the Carolina - 1.2 thread?

What is below will hold if you try to be factual and reasonable.

LazY Puppy

#33 Post by LazY Puppy »

Jasper wrote:PS I believed in Father Christmas until I was 12-years-old.
Probably Jasper will post next:

Now I'm 13 years old and I've got an amount of free time MUCH TOO BIG. :lol:
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

stemsee

#34 Post by stemsee »

Yes RSH it seems so.

@ Jasper
Carolina thread is not mine to regulate in anyway as I did not start it! I think that you can understand that logic.

Please Please Please, stop harrassing people!!

Jasper

#35 Post by Jasper »

stemsee,

As you are unable to take a little pressure and since you begged I will wait until 2015 before I correct your errors.

Meantime, might your Desktop Icons benefit from Descriptive Mouseover Tooltips rather than numbering?

stemsee

#36 Post by stemsee »

@ Jasper

Descriptive Mouseover Tooltips - That is a good idea. Supply the code please!

Jasper

#37 Post by Jasper »

stemsee,

RSH, like you, is also innovative and a quick search has indicated that his knowledge of “tooltips

stemsee

#38 Post by stemsee »

Ahh RSH!!!

What about 01micko? What about Iguleder? What about BK? Are you going to volunteer on behalf of others, or refer me to others without paving the way (similar to your unnamed friend). And then it makes those people feel uncomfortable as though they are being used by an in-betweener who brings nothing new to the table.! It is better that YOU yourself approach these others for the code and then present it! This way you will learn something. After all it is a feature that you want. And you do not want people to say to you "Words are cheap." do you? As you said my search skills are inferior - so you do the searching on my behalf and come up with some code.