Generic Touchpad/Touchscreen Calibrator Tool

Core libraries and systems
scsijon

Generic Touchpad/Touchscreen Calibrator Tool

#1 Post by scsijon »

I found a tool for setting up touchpads/touchscreens via freedesk.org.

It's called xinput-calibrator and it's homepage is http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Softwar ... alibrator/.

THIS ISSUE/BUILD IS BETA 32bit ONLY at this stage as it's revision is from the tree master, version 0.7.5-updated.

There are links to already built 0.7.5 packages for OE, deb, ubuntu, fedora and arch on the homepage so maybe the package is already available via their package systems. I therefore only intend to build for puppy.

I've built a generic 32bit pet for testing, I shall build a x86-64 pet when my touchpad has a quirky T2 April64 added (next week I hope). It's only dependancy is access to X11 natively for it's gui, I didn't build for gtkmm as not all puppy's have that package.

The GUI is/should be under 'system' in your menu.

You can also run it from a terminal screen with the command 'xinput-calibrator' and it's test program by the command 'tester'.

For those having no response to running the gui look in /tmp/xerrs.log

For those installing but without touchpads, you should see "Error: No calibratable devices found." error in /tmp/xerrs.log.

Can those of you with touchpads or touchscreens please try it out and give some feedback.
Attachments
xinput-calibrator-master-i486-1.pet
(131.65 KiB) Downloaded 393 times