StemseeS-Remastering-Suite-V5.4 pet 22/05/15

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
stemsee

StemseeS-Remastering-Suite-V5.4 pet 22/05/15

#1 Post by stemsee »

StemseeS-Remastering-Suite consists of two main scripts: sfs-direct-remaster and sfs-unattended-remaster. There are two main scripts and several config files and boot files included in the pet/sfs/deb packages @1.14mb

SFS-direct-remaster is unique in that it creates an sfs directly from the running system without an intermediary folder, such as puppylivecdbuild, to work on the directories and their folders. Usually the system is copied into an intermediary work directory which has the system tree directory, then files and folders are 'cleaned' deleted and/or copied 'pristine' from an iso or cd. RemasterX by shinobar and remasterPuppy live-cd by BK work this way. This means that you have to locate an iso or cd/dvd of the system you want to remaster as well as be running that system. sfs-direct-remaster and sfs-unattended-remaster DO NOT require an iso or cd/dvd to copy files from. SFS-Direct-Remaster also does not require a working_directory to clean the new system. Cleaning is performed on the fly by a mechanism that uses an exclude list of files and dirs which can be found in ~/my-applications/.exclude. This file is copied to /tmp and is compared to the running system and such files and directories that are found on the list and in the running system are added to another file in /tmp called 'excluded.txt'. Which is then read by the mksquashfs command.

SFS-Direct-Remaster begins with a display of available ram memory and an estimation of needed working space. The user then decides whether to remaster in ram 'r' or on drive 'd'. If ram is selected, along with compression type 'gz' 'xz' or 'xzm' maximum compression, then mksquashfs immediately begins to build a named (taken from DISTRO_SPECS) .sfs file in /tmp/. A normal sized pup of about 180mb will take about 3 minutes to remaster. If the option to work on a device (partition) is chosen 'd' then a display of available partitions and their available space and usage is displayed. type in 'sda3' or 'Home' or 'home' which are linked to dev_ro2 and dev_save, for example. The script then asks for confirmation, 'y' continue or 'n' select again. The script will add code to rc.local after backing it up to ~/my-applications/.rc.local. This will auto mount partitions and link Home and home to dev_ro2 and dev_save respectively. The script will then build the module on the specified partitoin. When the sfs has been built the option to save to some directory is given. If the directory that has been specified has an existing .sfs module with the same name then that module will be backed up by renaming it with the added suffix '-old'. Upto three modules can exist '-old-old' before the oldest one gets deleted, so no need to worry about a failed remaster (which hasn't happened yet). When copying has completed the script calls sfs-unattended-remaster which opens at its Menu - the hub of the utilities.

SFS-Unattended-Remaster provides a remastering session in which at least one question must be answered, but not more than three questions need be answered, to remaster from scratch all the way to bootable iso creation without any input from the user. This scenario is possible under the assumption that 'sda2' will be used for the remaster! In fact every step of the remaster provides an opportunity to specify other paths and directories aswell as other choices including alternaitve names and compressions, but as it is designed to be 'unattended' it assumes a night time scenario (at least in my case with an 8gb folder to squash!) in which the computer is truly unattended. SFS-unattended-remaster also has the ability to remaster without an iso or cd and also the target system need not be the same one running, it will build the system sfs reading DISTRO_SPECS from 'apupsys'; (options 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the Menu).
CD boot files are included in the pet and sfs packages for Fatdog64, DebianDog xfce and puppy boot method and pups with huge kernels and pups with builtin kernels (tested with fatdog700, LightHouse64, slacko-5.7+, Dpup Wheezy, DebianDog puppy boot, Studio1337, LASSIE, and the latest Tahr pups). SFS-Unattended-Remaster does use an intermediary folder for cleaning up, this allows an option later for other updates and post remaster utilities. Also using this remaster gives more freedom to use your computer normally while the remaster is in progress .... whereas doing so with sfs-direct-remaster could affect progress, but not the outcome! The intermediary folder is 'apupsys' a puppy system (dir). The iso folder to which the main sfs gets auto copied (without backing up any previous .sfs) is called 'bpupiso'. folders a and b, puppy, sys (-tem) and iso ... you see my logic. I meant to change the latter's name to apupiso so that the two folders would be near each other in a rox window. Anyway. After the unattended remaster the script returns to its main 'Menu'. At the moment there are 12 entries to choose from. Including '10' sfs-direct-remaster. and '7' Make a savefile or swapfile. '11' for disclaimer and briefest intro. '5' burn iso to cd. '6' write to usb (not reliable for me). '8' sfs-unattended-remaster. '9' exit script. As I think of them :oops:

Anyway that is just a brief intro feel free to ask any questions regarding their operation and etc. Please do try them and I will be greatful for feedback and suggestions!

stemsee
Attachments
capture21882.jpg
(33.51 KiB) Downloaded 1530 times
capture9197.jpg
(26.54 KiB) Downloaded 1510 times
capture7843.jpg
(27.23 KiB) Downloaded 1515 times
Last edited by stemsee on Fri 22 May 2015, 15:46, edited 27 times in total.

CatDude

Re: StemseeS-Remastering-Suite-V3.sfs .pet

#2 Post by CatDude »

stemsee wrote:StemseeS-Remastering-Suite works from the command line in X or nox. You
can exit the desktop to the > prompt and gain additional processor speed/memory
for the remaster and/or utilities. Alternatively run it from a terminal.
the .pet and .sfs and .deb packages on my google drive.

StemseeS-Remastering-Suite.sfs
sfs-direct-remaster
sfs-unattended-remaster

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... sp=sharing

StemseeS-Remastering-Suite.pet
sfs-direct-remaster
sfs-unattended-remaster

sfs-direct-remaster: I have fixed a lot of bugs and added some features; notably memory and mounts/disk space/usage ; which provide easier usage, but slow the script down a little. To compensate for this I will add a fast-track option so that users who are familiar with the script and their hardware can jump straight to the
remaster!
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

stemsee

UPDATED 25/11/14 remastering suite .... kernel 3.17.2-pae

#3 Post by stemsee »

For puppy linux distros I have squashed two bugs and improved the script with the addition of some code which modifies /etc/rc.d/rc.local by adding code that auto-mounts usable partitions but not dev_ro2 or dev_save which are already mounted and linked to /mnt/Home and /mnt/home respectively. Also replaces resizepf.sh which needs to umount everything before it works.

sfs-direct-remaster tested a gazillian & 1 times ;-)

Here it is version 4.9

Kernel 3.17.2-pae

kernel-3.17.2-pae-modules.sfs
Last edited by stemsee on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 07:20, edited 18 times in total.

mavrothal

Re: updated remastering suite .... plus kernel 3.17.2-pae

#4 Post by mavrothal »

You may want to add a step where the $DISTRO_IDSTRING from DISTRO_SPECS will be added to the sfs after remastering.
The puppy init is using this string to properly identify the puppy files.
Although it can manage without it, is very useful in complex setups.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

stemsee

#5 Post by stemsee »

Excellent stuff. If you detail the code, save me ploughing through BK's or Shinobar's script!

but I remember it is something like cat "$idstring" >> *.sfs ... or ?

Code: Select all

addidstring () {
	#for file in $name vmlinuz vmlin64 vmlin32 kernel-modules.sfs zdrv_*.sfs ydrv_*.sfs adrv_*.sfs
	#do
	if [ -e /tmp/$name ]; then
	echo -n $DISTRO_IDSTRING >> /tmp/$name
	else
	echo -n $DISTRO_IDSTRING >> /$path/$drive/$name
	#done
   fi
}
need to test $DISTRO_IDSTRING isn't empty [ ! -z $DISTRO_IDSTRING ]

addidstring () {
	#for file in $name vmlinuz vmlin64 mlin32 kernel-modules.sfs zdrv_*.sfs ydrv_*.sfs adrv_*.sfs
	#do
		if [[ ! -z $DISTRO_IDSTRING ]]; then
		echo -n $DISTRO_IDSTRING >> /tmp/$name
		elif [[ ! -z $DISTRO_IDSTRING ]]; then
		echo -n $DISTRO_IDSTRING >> /$path/$drive/$name
		fi
	#done
	fi
}

mavrothal

#6 Post by mavrothal »

stemsee wrote: need to test $DISTRO_IDSTRING isn't empty
If is empty you do not add anything

[ $DISTRO_IDSTRING ] && echo -n "$DISTRO_IDSTRING" >> /path/to/puppy_sfs
should do.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

stemsee

#7 Post by stemsee »

Updated. See thirdt post for links. Now at V4.8
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 00:07, edited 3 times in total.

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

EDIT : sfs-unattended-remaster script Menu option 7 save/swapfile creation showed 5000 as 500 MB but was actually 5GB.

Now at V4.8
Fixed rc.local backup and code appending.
IDstring appended function.
V4 had some code missing from .apprc file.

See third post for download links

Road map.Yet to do
1) Add persistent ramdisk creation for audio video work.
2) Multi-sesssion management
3) Add chroot apupsys updating feature from parent distro.
4) Remaster any linux.
5) Manage multiple savefiles.
6) Simultaneous independent savefiles (because it's possible!) one for each seat.
7) Alternative install mechanism.
8) On the fly savefile resize!

By the way it is possible to use sfs-direct-remaster and sfs-unattended-remaster at the same time! Remastering with different compression.
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 00:07, edited 5 times in total.

Puppus Dogfellow

#9 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

links are messed up, stemsee. first one (sfs) is pet for 4.3, second (pet) is pet for 4.2.

stemsee

#10 Post by stemsee »

Ok Puppus Dogfellow

Sorted now ... V4.8.pet and .sfs
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#11 Post by stemsee »

StemseeS-Remastering-Suite consists of two main scripts: sfs-direct-remaster and sfs-unattended-remaster. There are two main scripts and several config files and boot files included in the pet/sfs/deb packages @1.14mb

SFS-direct-remaster is unique in that it creates an sfs directly from the running system without an intermediary folder to work on the directories and their folders, such as puppylivecdbuild,. Usually the system is copied into an intermediary work directory which has the system tree directory, then files and folders are 'cleaned' deleted and/or copied 'pristine' from an iso or cd. RemasterX by shinobar and remasterPuppy live-cd by BK and Moo by Iguleder and iso-remaster by RSH, all work this way. This means that you have to locate an iso or cd/dvd of the system you want to remaster as well as be running that system. sfs-direct-remaster and sfs-unattended-remaster DO NOT require an iso or cd/dvd to copy files from. SFS-Direct-Remaster also does not require a working_directory to clean the new system. Cleaning is performed on the fly by a mechanism that uses an exclude list of files and dirs which can be found in ~/my-applications/.exclude. This file is copied to /tmp and is compared to the running system and such files and directories that are found on the list and in the running system are added to another file in /tmp called 'excluded.txt'. Which is then read by the mksquashfs command.

SFS-Direct-Remaster begins with a display of available ram memory and an estimation of needed working space. The user then decides whether to remaster in ram 'r' or on drive 'd'. If ram is selected, along with compression type 'gz' 'xz' or 'xzm' maximum compression, then mksquashfs immediately begins to build a named (taken from DISTRO_SPECS) .sfs file in /tmp/. A normal sized pup of about 180mb will take about 3 minutes to remaster. If the option to work on a device (partition) is chosen 'd' then a display of available partitions and their available space and usage is presented. Type in 'sda3' or 'Home' or 'home' which are linked to dev_ro2 and dev_save, for example. The script then asks for confirmation, 'y' continue or 'n' select again. The script will add code to rc.local after backing it up to ~/my-applications/.rc.local. This will auto mount partitions and link Home and home to dev_ro2 and dev_save respectively. The script will then build the modules on the specified partitoin. When the sfs has been built the option to save to some directory is given. If the directory that has been specified has an existing .sfs module with the same name then that module will be backed up by renaming it with the added suffix '-old'. Upto three modules can exist '-old-old' before the oldest one gets deleted, so no need to worry about a failed remaster (which hasn't happened yet). When copying has completed the script calls sfs-unattended-remaster which opens at its Menu - the hub of the utilities.

SFS-Unattended-Remaster provides a remastering session in which at least one question must be answered, but not more than three questions need be answered, to remaster from scratch all the way to bootable iso creation without any input from the user. This scenario is possible under the assumption that 'sda2' will be used for the remaster! In fact every step of the remaster provides an opportunity to specify other paths and directories aswell as other choices including alternaitve names and compressions, but as it is designed to be 'unattended' it assumes a night time scenario (at least in my case with an 8gb folder to squash!) in which the computer is truly unattended. SFS-unattended-remaster also has the ability to remaster without an iso or cd and also the system need not be running (options 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the Menu).
CD boot files are included in the pet and sfs packages for Fatdog64, DebianDog xfce and puppy boot method and pups with huge kernels and pups with builtin kernels (tested with fatdog700, slacko-5.7+, Dpup Wheezy, DebianDog puppy boot, Studio1337, and the latest Tahr pup by 666philb). SFS-Unattended-Remaster does use an intermediary folder for cleaning up, this allows an option later for other updates and post remaster utilities. Also using this remaster gives more freedom to use your computer normally while the remaster is in progress .... whereas doing so with sfs-direct-remaster could affect progress, but not the outcome! The intermediary folder is 'apupsys' a puppy system (dir). The iso folder to which the main sfs gets auto copied (without backing up any previous .sfs) is called 'bpupiso'. folders a and b, puppy, sys (-tem) and iso ... you see my logic. I meant to change the latter's name to apupiso so that the two folders would be near each other in a rox window. Anyway. After the unattended remaster the script returns to its main 'Menu'. At the moment there are 12 entries to choose from. Including '10' sfs-direct-remaster. and '7' Make a savefile or swapfile. '11' for disclaimer and briefest intro. '5' burn iso to cd. '6' write to usb (not reliable for me). '8' sfs-unattended-remaster. '9' exit script. As I think of them :oops:

Anyway that is just a brief intro feel free to ask any questions regarding their operation and etc. Please do try them and I will be greatful for feedback and suggestions!

stemsee
Last edited by stemsee on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 00:53, edited 5 times in total.

stemsee

#12 Post by stemsee »

Chapter 2. Preparations- for sfs-direct-remastering

For a happy and successful journey through the remaster processes there are some preparations that can greatly affect the outcome, especially if a 'pristine' remaster is desired. These are the steps I take when about to remaster:

1) Disconnect internet and delete profile using relevant client: sns, frisbee, network Wizard, PeasyWiFi. Although these config files can be added to the excluded.txt list by one of several methods for sfs-direct-remaster =. a) Append the path to ~/my-applications/.exclude file. b) edit script and add 'echo "/path/to/file or dir" >> /tmp/excluded.txt' just before mksquashfs command in the relevant distro's section. c) Append to mksquashfs command '--exclude "/path/to/file-or-dir" d) delete/move/rename "/path/to/file-or-dir in running system. For sfs-unattended-remaster additionally d) add line to rm -rf section of script. e) add to rsync --exclude argument.

The reason I left this out is that it works for some distros without a problem (DD) but on EmSee cause connection problems.

2) Run Bleachbit as root which will do a lot of cleaning. (but make sure the save file if used has plenty of free space!

3) Select and remove hd icons from the desktop so that there won't be phantoms on other hardware at first run. (not a big problem - just restart X). Because I don't know which script controls them, so I cannot reset it. (Help needed!)

4) Remove any personal files from root/my-documents/ etc.

5) Exit to prompt and call the script from the commandline 'sfs-unattended-remaster' or 'sfs-direct-remaster'. Not having X-graphical-server running will give more cpu and ram resources to the remaster processes. And prevent you from tinkering too much!!

If you choose not to take these steps then the remaster will be personalised for your system. Some of these steps should be included in the script/exclude file and I hope that everyone who uses these scripts will post any additions deemed useful to the exclude file. Here is the content of the exclude file right now.

/etc/.XLOADED
/etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE
/etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf
/etc/rc.d/pupsave.conf
/etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS
/etc/rc.d/rc.local-bak
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/network_wizard/wireless/wpa_profiles/
/lib/keymaps
/lib/consolefonts
/live-rw-backing/
/root/my-applications/.rc.local
/root/.config/geany/geany.conf
/root/.history
/root/Downloads/
/root/.minecraft/
/root/.steam/
/root/.wine/drive_c/users/root/Cookies/
/root/.wine/drive_c/users/root/AppData/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/
/root/.wine/drive_c/users/root/AppData/Tencent/Users/
/root/.wine/drive_c/users/root/AppData/Tencent/QQ/
/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp/
/root/.wine/drive_c/users/root/Temp/
/root/.Skype/
/root/.thumbnails
/root/.XLOADED
/root/spot/Downloads/
/root/.bash_history
/root/.cache/mozilla/
/root/.cache/google/
/root/.cache/moonchild productions/
/root/.cache/wine/
/root/.config/chrome
/root/.Trash
/root/.xsession-errors
/root/.pup_event
/root/.mozilla/
/var/tmp/
/var/run/
/var/log/
/var/slapt-get/
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases
/var/lib/dhcpcd/.lease
/var/cache/apt/
/cdrom
/proc/
/mnt/
/initrd/
/aufs/
/sys/
/run/
/lib/live/mount
/tmp/
/audit/
/lost+found/
/live/
/archive/
/media/
Another file whose contents are appended to a copy of rc.local is ~/my-applications/.apprc here are the contents.

if [ -d live-rw-backing ]; then
path=media
else
path=mnt
fi
mkdir -p /root/.pup_event
mkdir -p /root/Downloads
mkdir -p /var/run/dbus
mkdir -p /var/log
if [ -e /tmp/rclc ]; then
rm /tmp/rclc
fi

probepart -m  | grep --invert-match 'none' | cut -f1 -d '|' | cut -f3 -d '/' | grep --invert-match 'sr0' > /tmp/rclc
durr=`mount | grep dev_ro2 | cut -f1 -d ' ' | cut -f3 -d '/'`
dorr=`mount | grep dev_save | cut -f1 -d ' ' | cut -f3 -d '/'`
while read line 
do
mkdir -p /$path/$line
mount /dev/$line /$path/$line
if [[ ! -z "$durr" ]]; then
umount /$path/$durr 2>/dev/null
rm -r /$path/$durr 2>/dev/null
fi
if [[ ! -z "$dorr" ]]; then
umount /$path/$dorr 2>/dev/null
rm -r /$path/$dorr 2>/dev/null
fi
done < /tmp/rclc

ln -fnsv /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2 /mnt/Home
ln -fnsv /initrd/mnt/dev_save /mnt/home
Next chapter will be for devs/tinklers who probably understand my script already, and know how to improve it.
Last edited by stemsee on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#13 Post by stemsee »

updated to V4.8 ... this is an important bug fix. Reconfigured as functions and streamlined with more interactions.

Edit V4.8 stable. No bugs remaining!
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#14 Post by stemsee »

Here is the sfs-direct-remaster script taken from StemseeS-Remastering-Suite-V4.7 . The script needs supporting files to work properly.

#!/bin/bash
#sfs-direct-remaster suite by stemsee copyright (c) 2014 Marcos Contant
addidstring () {
	echo -e "Do you want to append the idstring to the sfs? 'y' or 'n'? $timelimit seconds\n: \c"
	string=""
	read -t $timelimit answer
if [ ! -z "$string" ]; then
   echo -e "
   \n You entered '$string'"
else
   echo -e "
   \n TIME OUT\n Assume no"
   string=n
fi
	case $string in 
                                        y) [ $DISTRO_IDSTRING ] && echo -n "$DISTRO_IDSTRING" >>/$path/$drive/$name;;
					n) echo "not added.";;
					*) addidstring;;
	esac
}
add2rclocal () {
rm  /etc/rc.d/rc.local-bak
cat ~/my-applications/.rc.local > /etc/rc.d/rc.local-bak
sleep 1
cat /etc/rc.d/rc.local-bak > /root/my-applications/.rc.local
cat  /root/my-applications/.apprc >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local-bak
rm /etc/rc.d/rc.local
cat  /etc/rc.d/rc.local-bak >  /etc/rc.d/rc.local
}
add2rclocal
namefn () {
	if [ -d /aufs ]; then
	. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	name=$DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX.sfs
elif [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then
	name='01-filesystem.squashfs'
elif [[ -d /media &&  -d /mnt ]]; then
	. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	name=${DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX}-${DISTRO_VERSION}.sfs
else
	. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	name=$DISTRO_PUPPYSFS
fi
}
namefn
	svprt () {
   echo "'$name has been created in /tmp. Where do you want to save it to?
   Enter the path e.g. /mnt/sda2/'directory'/  (mount it first!)

(the old '$name' gets backed-up to '$name'-old)"
   read savepart

if [ -f $savepart$name-old ]; then
   rm -f $savepart$name-old-old
   mv -f $savepart$name-old $savepart$name-old-old
   mv -f $savepart$name $savepart$name-old
   mv -f /tmp/$name $savepart
   elif [ -e $savepart$name ]; then
   elif [ ! -e $savepart$name ]; then
   elif [ ! -d $savepart ]; then
   clear
   echo "Problem.  Try again!"
   sleep 2
   svprt
   fi
}

sdf () {
if [ -e /tmp/*.*fs ]; then
echo "A previous '$name' is in /tmp.  Do you want to save it or delete it?
                       Enter 's' or d'"
read sd
case $sd in
	s) svprt;;
	d) rm -f /tmp/$name;;
	*) sdf;;
esac
fi
}

cleantmp () {
rm -r /tmp/quaddirs
rm -f /tmp/excluded.txt
rm -f /tmp/exclude
rm -f ~/Startup/star
rm -f /tmp/mem
rm -f /tmp/mem1
rm -f /tmp/fdi
touch /tmp/excluded.txt
cp ~/my-applications/.exclude /tmp/exclude
cp ~/my-applications/bin/star ~/Startup
z=3
clear
}
cleantmp

sdf
introfn () {
echo "                          \ SfS-Direct-Remaster /
  Is a live remaster system which works either in ram or on a storage device.
     Make sure that your system has enough ram for the remaster. If not
         specify drive. e.g. 'sda2' after entering 'dg' or 'dx' or 'dxm'"
echo

echo "free memory is.. `free -m | sed '3 ! d' | awk '{print $4}'` MB"

cp -a ~/my-applications/bin/star ~/Startup/
du -smc --exclude=/sys --exclude=/run --exclude=/proc --exclude=/tmp --exclude=/initrd --exclude=/aufs --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/live --exclude=/live-rw-backing / | sed -n '$p' |  sed 's/total//g' | sed 's/G//g' > /tmp/mem
sed -i 's/^/p=/' /tmp/mem
. /tmp/mem
echo $((p / z)) > /tmp/mem
sed -i 's/^/  /' /tmp/mem
sed -i 's/$/ MB/g' /tmp/mem
echo
echo "you need about..`cat /tmp/mem`"
echo
}
introfn
rdfn () {
echo "  Do you want to work in ram 'r' or on drive 'd'? 
           Enter: rg  ...for in ram, gz compressor or 'dg' on drive
                  rx  ...for in ram, xz compressor or 'dx' 
                  rxm ...in RAM MAX, xz compressor or 'dxm'    
              or  mu  ...for Menu"
read input
ram="`echo ${input:0:1}`"
gz="`echo ${input:1:3}`"
ef='-ef /tmp/excluded.txt'
case $gz in
	g) comp="-comp gzip";;
	x) comp="-comp xz";;
	xm) comp="-comp xz -b 1024k -Xbcj x86";;
esac
clear
echo "'$comp' compression selected"
echo "-------------------------"
}
rdfn
pathdef () {
if [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then
path=media
else
path=mnt
fi
}
pathdef
excludefiles () {
	while read line; do
    if [[ -e $line ]]; then
    echo $line >> /tmp/excluded.txt
    fi
	done < /tmp/exclude
}

excludefiles
case $ram in
    r) mkdir -p /tmp/quaddirs/{mnt,tmp,sys,proc}
    rm /tmp/$name
    else
    echo "Proceeding with '$name' remaster in RAM with '$comp'"
    fi
	if [ -d /aufs ]; then 							#FatDog64
		echo "/lib/modules" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		echo "/lib/firmware" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /tmp/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend -no-recovery #/proc /tmp /mnt /proc /sys /aufs /archive /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE /etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf /etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails/* /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /root/.xsession-errors /root/.history /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED  /var/tmp/* /var/run/* /var/slapt-get/* /var/lib/apt/lists/* /var/lib/slapt/lists/* 
		addidstring
		mkdir /tmp/fdi; cd /tmp/fdi
		echo "Enter path to your fatdog initrd eg mnt sda1 fatdog700"
		read path drive dir
		cpio -i < /$path/$drive/$dir/initrd
		mv -f /tmp/$name /tmp/fdi
		cd /tmp/fdi
		find . | cpio -o -H newc > /tmp/initrd
		rm -r /tmp/fdi
		cp /$path/$drive/$dir/initrd /$path/$drive/$dir/initrd-old
		echo "original initrd backed-up to initrd-old"
		mv /tmp/initrd /$path/$drive/$dir/
			if [[  -e /tmp/initrd ]]; then
				name=initrd
			else
				echo "Finished."
			fi && sfs-unattended-remaster && exit

elif [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then 						#DebianDog
		if [ -f /etc/blkid.conf ]; then
		echo "/etc/blkid.conf" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		fi
		if [ -d /initrd/lib/modules ]; then
		#echo "/lib/modules" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		#echo "/lib/firmware" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		echo "/etc/resolv.conf" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		fi	
		chmod a=rwx,o+t /tmp/quaddirs/tmp
		mkdir -p /tmp/quaddirs/dev
		#cp -a /dev/console /tmp/quaddirs/dev/
		zerosize() {
		find $* | while read file; do
	    echo -n "."
	    rm -f $file
	    touch $file
		done
		}
	    zerosize /usr/share/doc -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /usr/share/doc -type l
	    zerosize /usr/share/man -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /usr/share/man -type l
	    zerosize /usr/share/info -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /usr/share/info -type l
	    zerosize /usr/share/gnome/help -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /usr/share/gnome/help -type l
	    zerosize /usr/share/gtk-doc -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /usr/share/gtk-doc -type l
	    chown -R man:root usr/share/man
		mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /tmp/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend -no-recovery# /media/* /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent* /root/.xsession-errors /live-rw-backing/* /live/* /proc /tmp /mnt /initrd /sys /archive /etc/resolv.conf /etc/blkid.conf /etc/rc.d /etc/DISTRO_SPECS /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /lib/keymaps /lib/consolefonts /root/.pup_event /root/.history /root/.xsession-errors /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /cdrom /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases /var/run/* /var/lib/dhcpcd/*.lease /var/tmp/* /var/lib/alsa/asound.state /var/cache/apt /var/lib/apt/lists/*
		echo "Finished.."

elif [ -d /initrd/pup_z/lib/modules ]; then  			#Huge kernels (EmSeeV2.2,Woof-next pups)
		echo "Modules in or out?"
		read mods
		case $mods in
		out) echo "/lib/modules" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		echo "/lib/firmware" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
		mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /tmp/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend
		addidstring;;
		in) mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /tmp/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend -no-recovery # /proc /dev/* /mnt/* /initrd/* /tmp /proc /sys /archive/* /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE /etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf /etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS /root/Downloads/* /root/.history /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/tmp/* /var/run/* /var/slapt-get/* /var/lib/apt/lists/*
		addidstring
		echo "Finished...";;
		*) sfs-direct-remaster && exit;;
		esac

else  													#pups with builtin modules.
		mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /tmp/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend -no-recovery
		addidstring
		echo "Finished...."
	fi
	rm -f /tmp/excluded.txt
	rm -f /tmp/exclude
    rm -r /tmp/quaddirs
	rm -f ~/Startup/star
	rm -f /tmp/mem
	rm -f /tmp/mem1
	rm -f /tmp/fdi
   svprt
   clear
   echo "All done! Do you want to modify /etc/rc.d/rc.local by adding some code
   which is needed to assist sfs-direct-remastering? y or n?"
   read modify
   case $modify in
   y) add2rclocal;;
   n) sleep 1
   exec sfs-unattended-remaster
   exit;;
   esac;;

d) excludefiles
umnt (){
for dir in $prt
do
	if [[ "$dir"="`cat /proc/mounts | grep sd[a-e][1-9]`" ]]; then
	umount /mnt/$dir 2> /dev/null
	#rm /$path/$dir
	clear
	fi
done
}

prtf () {
if [ -e /tmp/rclc ]; then
rm /tmp/rclc
fi
touch /tmp/rclc
durr=$(mount | grep dev_ro2 | cut -f1 -d ' ' | cut -f3 -d '/')
dorr=$(mount | grep dev_save | cut -f1 -d ' ' | cut -f3 -d '/')
prt=`probepart -m  | grep --invert-match 'none' | cut -f1 -d '|' | cut -f3 -d '/' | grep --invert-match 'sr0'`
echo $prt | tr "\ " "\n" >> /tmp/rclc
while read line 
do
mkdir -p /$path/$line 2> /dev/null
mount /dev/$line /$path/$line 2> /dev/null
if [[ ! -z "$durr" ]]; then
umount /$path/$durr 2> /dev/null
rm -r /$path/$durr 2> /dev/null
fi
if [[ ! -z "$dorr" ]]; then
umount /$path/$dorr 2> /dev/null
rm -r /$path/$dorr 2> /dev/null
fi
mount /dev/$line /$path/$line 2> /dev/null
done < /tmp/rclc

}
prtf1 () {
for dir in $prt
do
	if [[ ! $dir == $drive ]]; then
	umount /$path/$dir 2> /dev/null
	fi
done
}

work () {
prtf
echo "This pc has these partitions."
sda=`probepart -m | grep --invert-match 'none' | grep --invert-match sr* | cut -f1 -d '|' | df -h --exclude-type=aufs --exclude-type=tmpfs`
echo "$sda" | grep --invert-match loop | sed 's|/initrd/mnt/dev_ro2|/'$path'/Home|g' | sed 's|/initrd/mnt/dev_save|/'$path'/home|g' | grep --invert-match 'initrd' | grep --invert-match sr0 | sort -ru

echo "Input partition e.g. 'sda3'"
read drive

if [[ ! -d /$path/$drive ]]; then
mkdir -p /$path/$drive 2> /dev/null
mount /dev/$drive /$path/$drive 2> /dev/null
elif [[  -d /$path/$drive ]]; then
fi
clear
echo "'$drive' are you sure? y or n"
   read dummy
   case $dummy in
	n) clear
	work;;
	y) echo "ok";;
   esac
}
   work
   prtf1
   mkdir -p /tmp/quaddirs/{mnt,tmp,sys,proc}
   if [ -e /$path/$drive/$name ]; then
   mv -f /$path/$drive/$name /$path/$drive/$name-old
   echo "Previous '$name' gets backed-up to '$name-old"
   sleep 1
   else
   echo "Proceeding with '$name' remaster on '/$path/$drive' with '$comp'"
   fi
   if  [ -d /aufs ]; then   							#FatDog64
   	echo "/lib/modules/" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
	echo "/lib/firmware/" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
   mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /$path/$drive/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend # /proc /tmp /mnt /proc /sys /aufs /archive /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /root/.Trash /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE /etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf /etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /root/.xsession-errors /root/.history /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/tmp/* /var/run/* /var/slapt-get/* /var/lib/slapt/lists  -keep-as-directory -noappend
   	addidstring
   	mkdir /$path/$drive/fdi; cd /$path/$drive/fdi
	echo "Enter path to your fatdog initrd. eg mnt home Fatdog700"
	read path drive dir
	cpio -i < /$path/$drive/$dir/initrd
	mv -f /$path/$drive/$name /$path/$drive/fdi
	cd /$path/$drive/fdi
	find . | cpio -o -H newc > /$path/$drive/initrd
	rm -r /$path/$drive/fdi
	mv /$path/$drive/$dir/initrd /$path/$drive/$dir/initrd-old
	mv /$path/$drive/initrd /$path/$drive/$dir/
		if [[  -e /$path/$drive/initrd ]]; then
		echo "Finished."
		else
		echo "Finished!"
		fi

elif [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then					#DebianDog
   echo "/etc/blkid.conf" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
   	chmod a=rwx,o+t /$path/$drive/quaddirs/tmp
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/doc -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/doc -type l
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/man -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/man -type l
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/info -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/info -type l
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/gnome/help -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/gnome/help -type l
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/gtk-doc -type f -size +1c
	    zerosize /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/gtk-doc -type l
	    chown -R man:root /$path/$drive/$dir/usr/share/man
		mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /$path/$drive/$dir/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend # /media/* /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent* /root/.xsession-errors /live-rw-backing/* /live/* /proc /tmp /mnt /initrd /sys /archive /etc/resolv.conf /etc/blkid.conf /etc/rc.d /etc/DISTRO_SPECS /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /lib/keymaps /lib/consolefonts /root/.pup_event /root/.history /root/.xsession-errors /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /cdrom /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases /var/run/* /var/lib/dhcpcd/*.lease /var/tmp/* /var/lib/alsa/asound.state /var/cache/apt /var/lib/apt/lists/*-keep-as-directory -noappend
   echo "All done!"
   elif [ -d /initrd/pup_z/lib/modules ]; then			#Huge kernels
   	echo "Modules in or out?"
		read mods
		case $mods in
		out) echo "/lib/modules/" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
	echo "/lib/firmware/" >> /tmp/excluded.txt
   mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /$path/$drive/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend # /proc /tmp /mnt /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE /etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf /etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS /initrd /proc /sys /archive /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /lib/live/mount /root/.xsession-errors /root/.history /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/tmp/* /var/run/* /var/cache/apt /var/slapt-get/* /var/lib/apt/lists -keep-as-directory -noappend 
   addidstring
   echo "All done!" ;;
   in)    mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /$path/$drive/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend # /proc /tmp /mnt /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE /etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf /etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS /initrd /proc /sys /archive /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /lib/live/mount /root/.xsession-errors /root/.history /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/tmp/* /var/run/* /var/cache/apt /var/slapt-get/* /var/lib/apt/lists -keep-as-directory -noappend 
   addidstring
   echo "All done!" ;;
   *) sfs-direct-remaster && exit;;
   esac   
   else													#pups with built-in modules
   mksquashfs /* /tmp/quaddirs/* /$path/$drive/$name $comp $ef -keep-as-directory -noappend # /proc /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE /etc/rc.d/PUPSAVE.conf /etc/rc.d/WOOFMERGEVARS /aufs/* /tmp /mnt /media/* /initrd /proc /sys /archive/* /root/.cache/mozilla /root/.cache/google /root/.thumbnails /dev_save/* /root/.Trash /root/spot/Downloads/* /root/Downloads/* /root/.history /root/.bash_history /root/.Skype /root/.XLOADED /etc/.XLOADED /var/tmp/* /var/run/*-keep-as-directory -noappend 
   addidstring
   fi
   rm -f ~/Startup/star
  svprt2  () {
   echo "'$name' has been created in '/$path/$drive'. Where do you want to save it?
   Enter the path e.g. /mnt/sda2/'directory'/ 

(the old '$name' gets backed-up to '$name'-old)"
   read savepart
	if [[ -f $savepart$name-old ]]; then
	mv -f $savepart$name-old $savepart$name-old-old
	mv -f /$path/$drive/$name $savepart
	elif [ -f $savepart$name ]; then
	elif [ ! -f $savepart$name ]; then
	else
	clear
	echo "Try again!"
	sleep 1
	svprt2
	fi
}
	svprt2
	cleantmp
   clear
   umnt
   echo "All done! Do you want to modify /etc/rc.d/rc.local? y or n?"
   read modify
   case $modify in
   y) add2rclocal;;
   n) sleep 1
   exec sfs-unattended-remaster
   exit;;
   esac;;
   m) exec sfs-unattended-remaster
   exit;;
   *) clear
   echo "You didn't enter anything relevant try again!"
   sleep 1
   clear
   exec sfs-direct-remaster
   exit;;
esac 
Last edited by stemsee on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#15 Post by stemsee »

Here is the script of sfs-unattended-remaster . It needs supporting files to work properly. Taken from StemseeS-Remastering-Suite.

#!/bin/bash
#SFS-Unattended-Remaster script by StemSee copyright (C) 2014 Marcos Contant

intro () {
clear
echo " 

User assumes all responsibility, use at your own risk!

INTRODUCTION

This script provides an unattended remastering session.
	Answer two or three questions, then, no need to answer more.	

There are also other useful utilities.

Please note: on a full installation copy initrd* to /boot/ directory

Press enter to continue ...
    "
read dummy
clear
}

menu () {
clear
echo "                     REMASTER FUNCTIONS
For processing an existing remaster directory apupsys or bpupiso
         or for any of the utilities; enter the code number;
MKSQUASHFS
	'1' for a xz compressed sfs/squashfs system file from apupsys.
	'2' for a gz compressed sfs/squashfs
	'3' for a max '-comp xz -b 1024k -Xbcj x86' sfs/squashfs
ISO
	'4' for bootable iso remake from bpupiso.
	'5' for burning iso to cd/dvd.
	'6' for writing iso to usb storage device with option to isohybrid.
SAVEFILE
	'7' for savefile/swapfile creation.
NEW REMASTER
	'8' for New SFS-Unattended-Remaster.
	'9' for EXIT from this script.
	'10' for SFS-Direct-Remaster.
	'11' for Intro.

Enter a number now and press 'Enter'."
read sf
clear
}
menu

timelimit=8

dir1=apupsys
dir2=bpupiso
durr=`mount | grep dev_ro2 | cut -f1 -d ' ' | cut -f3 -d '/'`
dorr=`mount | grep dev_save | cut -f1 -d ' ' | cut -f3 -d '/'`

pathdef () {
if [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then
path=/media/
else
path=/mnt/
fi
}
pathdef
excludefiles () {
	while read line; do
    if [[ -e $line ]]; then
    echo $line >> /tmp/excluded.txt
    fi
	done < /tmp/exclude
}
rtn2menu="sfs-unattended-remaster && exit"
start () {
echo "Enter the drive with the '$dir1' you wish to sync with running system.
For example 'sda2'"
read drive
if [[ "$drive" == home ]]; then
echo "home is already mounted"
elif [[ "$drive" == Home ]]; then
echo "Home is already mounted"
else
fi
if [ -d $path$drive/$dir1 ]; then
echo "Press ok to rsync running system with /mnt/'$drive'/'$dir1'."
read dummy2
. $path$drive/$dir1/etc/DISTRO_SPECS
touch /tmp/excluded.txt
cp ~/my-applications/.exclude /tmp/exclude
excludefiles
rsync -av --delete /* $path$drive/$dir1 -F --exclude-from=/tmp/excluded.txt
sync
echo
else
echo
echo "'$dir1' on '$drive' wasn't found. Please check spelling and path. 'Enter' to try again."
read dummy3
start
fi

}

echo ""
workdrive () {
echo -e "Enter partition name of ext 2/3/4 partition for work directory 
	or for existing remaster directories/iso, for use with special functions.
		eg 'sda3' or 'home' 
or wait for default 'sda2' $timelimit seconds\n: \c"

drive=""
	read -t $timelimit drive
	if [ ! -z "$drive" ]; then
	echo -e "\n You entered '$drive'"
	else
	echo -e "\n TIME OUT\n Assume default."
	drive=sda2
	fi
	if [[ $durr = $drive ]]; then
	drive="Home"
	elif [[ $dorr = $drive ]]; then
	drive="home"
	fi

echo
	if [ $drive = home ]; then
	echo "home is already mounted."
	elif [ $drive = Home ]; then
	echo "Home is already mounted."
	elif [ ! -d $path$drive ]; then
	mkdir -p $path$drive
	mount /dev/$drive $path$drive 2> /dev/null
	else
	mount /dev/$drive $path$drive 2> /dev/null
	fi
echo
}
pathdef1 () {
	echo "Please enter the path for the new file to be created at, in case present
	partition doesn't have enough space. eg sda6/EmSeeV2.3"
	read pth1
	if [ -d $path$pth1 ]; then
	echo "ok"
	else
	echo "retry"
	$retn2menu && exit
	fi
}
fndboot () {
if [ -d /aufs ]; then								#fatdog
	. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	niso=new-$DISTRO_NAME.iso
	subd=fd
	echo "Please type the current boot partition and directory
				eg home/fatdog700 or sda2/fd700"
	read boot
		if [[ -d $path$boot ]]; then
		echo "OK"
		else
		clear
		echo "error! try again" && fndboot
		fi
elif [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then		#DebianDog-OpenBox version & puppy boot
	name="01-filesystem.squashfs"
	niso=new-DebianDog.iso
	subd=dd
	echo "Please type the current boot partition and directory
				eg sda1/live"
	read boot
		if [[ -d $path$boot ]]; then
		echo "OK"
		else
		clear
		echo "error!" && fndboot
		fi
elif [[ ! -d /aufs && ! -d /live-rw-backing ]]; then	#normal pups
	. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	name=$DISTRO_PUPPYSFS
	subd=pp
	. /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE
	if [[ $durr = "`echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' | cut -f1 -d '/'`" ]]; then
	echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' | sed -e 's|'$durr'|Home|' > /tmp/sfs
	elif [[ $dorr = "`echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' | cut -f1 -d '/'`" ]]; then
	echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/'  | sed -e 's|'$dorr'|home|' > /tmp/sfs
	else
	echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' > /tmp/sfs
	fi
	sed -i 's|^|boot=|' /tmp/sfs
	. /tmp/sfs

elif [[ -d /media &&  -d /mnt ]]; then					#lighthouse
	. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	subd=pp
	. /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE
	if [[ $durr = "`echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' | cut -f1 -d '/'`" ]]; then
	echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' | sed -e 's|'$durr'|Home|' > /tmp/sfs
	elif [[ $dorr = "`echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' | cut -f1 -d '/'`" ]]; then
	echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/'  | sed -e 's|'$dorr'|home|' > /tmp/sfs
	else
	echo $PUPSFS | cut -c 1-4,11-40 | cut -f1,2 -d '/' > /tmp/sfs
	fi
	sed -i 's|^|boot=|' /tmp/sfs
	. /tmp/sfs

fi
clear
}

cdburn () {
# borrowed from 'burniso2cd' by BK
#(c) Copyright 2006, 2007 Barry Kauler.
#Lesser GPL licence v2 (/usr/share/doc/legal). 2007 www.puppylinux.com

export TEXTDOMAIN=burniso2cd
export TEXTDOMAINDIR=/usr/share/locale
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
eval_gettext () {
  local myMESSAGE=$(gettext "$1")
  eval echo \"$myMESSAGE\"
}
export LANGORG=$LANG

Yes_lbl="$(gettext 'Yes')"
No_lbl="$(gettext 'No')"

CDRECORD='cdrecord'
if [ "`which xorriso`" != "" ];then
 CDRECORD='xorrecord'
 export MKISOFS='xorrisofs' #growisofs reads this variable.
fi

MEDIATYPE="`Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --title "Burniso2cd" --stdout --menubox "$(gettext "Welcome to our little CD/DVD burner program!\nPlease choose whether you want to burn to a CD or DVD media.\nNote that DVDs are always burnt 'open' so can be used by Puppy\nas normal or multisession, whereas for CD you will be given\nthe choice further on whether to burn as closed or open.")" 0 0 5 CD "$(gettext 'CD-R or CD-RW (must be blank)')" DVD "$(gettext 'DVD-R or DVD-RW (must be blank)')"`"
[ ! $? -eq 0 ] && sfs-unattended-remaster && exit

SELECTIONS="`probedisk | grep '|optical|' | grep '/dev/' | cut -f 1,3 -d '|' | tr " " '_' | tr -s '_'`" #110205
SELECTIONX="`echo "$SELECTIONS" | tr '|' " " | tr "\n" " "`"

if [ "$SELECTIONX" = "" ];then
 pupmessage -bg '#FF8080' "$(gettext 'Sorry, no CD/DVD drive detected')"
 sfs-unattended-remaster && exit
fi

BURNERDRIVE="`Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Choose burner drive')" --stdout --menubox "$(gettext 'Choose the CD/DVD drive to burn to')" 400x200 5 $SELECTIONX 2> /dev/null`"

[ ! -f /etc/cdburnerdevice ] && echo -n "$BURNERDRIVE" | sed -e 's/\/dev\///g' > /etc/cdburnerdevice

ISOFILE="`Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --backtitle "$(gettext 'Please choose the iso file...')" --title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Choose iso file')" --stdout --no-buttons --fselect "*.iso" 0 0`"
if [ ! $? -eq 0 ];then
sfs-unattended-remaster &&  exit
fi

CDR="$BURNERDRIVE"
CDDESCR="`echo "$SELECTIONS" | grep "$CDR" | cut -f 2 -d '|'`"

while [ ! "`mount | grep "$CDR"`" = "" ];do
 pupmessage -bg "#ff8080" -center -name "burniso2cd" -title "Burniso2cd: ERROR" "The $CDR CD/DVD drive, described as:
 $CDDESCR
is currently mounted.
Use MUT or Pmount to unmount it.

Please unmount CD drive, then click OK button..."
done

if [ "$MEDIATYPE" = "CD" ];then
 Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --title "Burniso2cd" --stdout --ok-label "$(gettext 'NORMAL')" --cancel-label "$(gettext 'MULTI')"  --yesno "$(gettext 'You have selected iso file:')
 $ISOFILE

$(gettext 'Do you want to burn a multi-session CD?
A multi-session CD is one that is left "open" so that further
tracks may be burnt later. The iso file that you have selected
will be burnt now as the first track.
Note, this is an experimental option for the Puppy live-CD, to
allow burning of sessions back to CD, thus personal data is saved
to CD and a hard drive or usb stick is not required.')

$(gettext "Please choose 'NORMAL' unless you have some special reason to burn
the CD multi-session (such as the iso is specifically for multisession).

Click 'NORMAL' button for normal burn...
Click 'MULTI' button for multi-session...")" 0 0

RETVAL=$?
else
 RETVAL=12
fi

case $RETVAL in
 0) #normal cd
  BURNMULTI="-dao" #v2.02 added -dao
  BURNMSG=""
  ;;
 1) #multi cd
  #BURNMULTI="-multi -tao -pad" #v2.02 added -tao -pad
  BURNMULTI="-multi -tao padsize=300k" #w482
  BURNMSG=""
  ;;
 12) #multi dvd
  BURNMULTI="yes"
  BURNMSG="$(gettext '(blank DVD-R. A DVD+/-RW will be fast-wiped if it has data)')"
  ;;
 *)
  $rtn2menu && exit
  ;;
esac

RECHECK="yes"
BURNSPEED="10"

while [ 1 ];do #burn-again-loop
  BURNSPEED="`Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Burn') $MEDIATYPE" --stdout --spinbox "$(eval_gettext "Please insert blank \\\$MEDIATYPE into \\\$CDR")
$BURNMSG
$(gettext '(which is described as:') ${CDDESCR})

$(gettext 'Then click 'OK' button...')" 0 0 4 32 $BURNSPEED "$(gettext 'Set burn speed')"`"

sync
 if [ "$MEDIATYPE" = "CD" ];then
  DEVDEV="$CDR" #w482
  echo "$(gettext 'Now executing:')"
  echo " $CDRECORD $BURNMULTI -data -eject -v speed=$BURNSPEED dev=$DEVDEV $ISOFILE"
  rxvt -name burniso2cd -bg blue -geometry 80x10 -e $CDRECORD $BURNMULTI -data -eject -v speed=$BURNSPEED dev=$DEVDEV "$ISOFILE"
 else #dvd
  echo "$(gettext 'Now executing:')"
  echo " growisofs -speed=$BURNSPEED -Z $CDR=$ISOFILE"
  rxvt -name burniso2cd -bg blue -geometry 80x10 -e growisofs -speed=$BURNSPEED -Z $CDR="$ISOFILE"
 fi
 sync
 echo "$(gettext '...done')"

#v2.10 kirk contributed this...
 # ******Verify burn******
 DEVNAME="`echo -n "$CDR" | grep '/dev' | cut -f 3 -d '/'`"
 if [ ! "$DEVNAME" = "" -a "$RECHECK" = "yes" ];then
  Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Finished')" --stdout --ok-label "$Yes_lbl" --cancel-label "$No_lbl" --yesno "$(gettext 'Would you like to verify that the burn was successful? 
This may take a while depending on the size of the iso file.')" 0 0
  if  [ "$?" = "0" ] ;then  
   pupmessage -bg "#3CA8EE" -center -name "burniso2cd" -title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Burn Verify')" "$(gettext 'Make sure the CD/DVD drive is closed,
then click OK')"
   echo "Waiting 15 seconds to allow drive lights to finish blinking" > /tmp/burniso2cd.log #v431
   sleep 15 #v431
   if [ "$( md5sum $ISOFILE | cut -f 1 -d " " )" = "$(dd if=$CDR 2>> /tmp/burniso2cd.log | head -c `stat --format=%s $ISOFILE` | md5sum | cut -f 1 -d " " )" ] ;then #v431
    pupmessage -bg "#3CA8EE" -center -name "burniso2cd" -title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Burn Verify')" "$(gettext 'The burn has been verified as good!')"
   else
    pupmessage -bg "#1E90FF" -center -name "burniso2cd" -title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Burn Verify')" "$(gettext 'The burn was not verified. See details in /tmp/burniso2cd.log. You should start over.')"
   fi
  else
   RECHECK="no" #do not check if doing repeat burns.
  fi
 fi

eject $CDR
 Xdialog --wmclass "mini-cd" --title "$(gettext 'Burniso2cd: Finished')" --stdout --ok-label "$(gettext 'FINISHED')" --cancel-label "$(gettext 'REPEAT')" --yesno "$(gettext 'If all went well, you have now burnt iso file')
$ISOFILE
$(gettext 'to a') $MEDIATYPE!

$(gettext 'If you want to burn the iso file to another') $MEDIATYPE,
$(gettext "click 'REPEAT' button...")

$(gettext "Otherwise, click 'FINISHED' to quit...")" 0 0
 [ $? -ne 1 ] && break
done #burn-again-loop
$rtn2menu && exit
}
addidstring () {
	echo -e "Do you want to append the idstring to the sfs? 'y' or 'n'? $timelimit seconds\n: \c"
	string=""
if [ ! -z "$string" ]; then
   echo -e "
   \n You entered '$string'"
else
   echo -e "
   \n TIME OUT\n Assume no"
   string=n
fi
	case $string in y) [ $DISTRO_IDSTRING ] && echo -n "$DISTRO_IDSTRING" >>/$path/$drive/$name;;
					n) echo "not added.";;
					*) addidstring;;
	esac
}

case $sf in
	10) sfs-direct-remaster
	$rtn2menu && exit;;

1) workdrive
		if [ -d $path$drive/$dir1/aufs ]; then
		elif [ -d $path$drive/$dir1/live-rw-backing ]; then
		elif [[ ! -d $path$drive/$dir1/aufs && ! -d $path$drive/$dir1/live-rw-backing ]]; then
			name=$DISTRO_PUPPYSFS
		elif [[ -d $path$drive/$dir1/media &&  -d $path$drive/$dir1/mnt ]]; then					#lighthouse
		fi
		echo "Do you want to sync/update with running system?
		y or n ?"
		read option
		case $option in
		y) start;;
		n) echo "Not updating.";;
		*) ;;
		esac
		pathdef1
		mksquashfs $path$drive/$dir1 $path$pth1$name -comp xz -noappend
		if [[ "$drive"=`echo "$pth1" | cut -f1 -d '/'` ]]; then
		rm -f $path$drive/$dir2/$name
		mv -f $path$drive/$name $path$drive/$dir2/
		addidstring
		else
		echo "squashed using xz compression and is in '$path''$pth1'" 
		sleep 2
		fi
		$rtn2menu && exit;;

2) workdrive  
		if [[ -d $path$drive/$dir1/aufs ]]; then
		elif [[ -d $path$drive/$dir1/live-rw-backing ]]; then
		elif [[ ! -d $path$drive/$dir1/aufs && ! -d $path$drive/$dir1/live-rw-backing ]]; then
			name=$DISTRO_PUPPYSFS
		elif [[ -d $path$drive/$dir1/media &&  -d $path$drive/$dir1/mnt ]]; then					#lighthouse
		fi
		y or n ?"
		read option
		case $option in
		y) start;;
		*) ;;
		esac
		pathdef1
		mksquashfs $path$drive/$dir1 $path$pth1$name -noappend
		addidstring
		else
		echo "squashed using gz compression and is in '$path''$pth1'" 
		sleep 2
		fi
		$rtn2menu && exit;;

3) workdrive 
		if [ -d $path$drive/$dir1/aufs ]; then
		elif [ -d $path$drive/$dir1/live-rw-backing ]; then
			name=$DISTRO_PUPPYSFS
		fi
		y or n ?"
		read option
		case $option in
		y) start;;
		*) ;;
		esac
		pathdef1
		mksquashfs $path$drive/$dir1 $path$pth1$name -comp xz -b 1024k -Xbcj x86 -noappend
		addidstring
		else
		echo "squashed using max xz compression and is in '$path''$pth1'" 
		sleep 2
		fi
		$rtn2menu && exit;;

4) workdrive
	pathdef1
		if [[ -d $path$drive/$dir1/live-rw-backing ]]; then
			niso=new-DebianDog.iso
			subd1=dd
		elif [[ -d $path$drive/$dir1/aufs ]]; then
			subd1=fd

name=$DISTRO_PUPPYSFS
			subd1=pp
			subd1=pp
		fi

cd $path$drive
		if [ $subd1=dd ]; then
			genisoimage -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -D -l -R -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o "$pth1$niso" $path$drive/$dir2
		elif [ $subd1=pp ]; then
			mkisofs -b isolinux.bin -c boot.catalog -D -l -R -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o "$pth1$niso" $path$drive/$dir2
		elif [ $subd1=fd ]; then
			mkisofs -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -D -l -R -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o "$pth1$niso" $path$drive/$dir2
		fi
		clear
		echo "ISO has been made. It is suitable for cd/dvd.
		Do you want to 
			a) burn to cd/dvd now
			b) write to usb storage
			c) exit to the Menu
		enter a or b or c"
		read write
		case $write in
			a) echo "Enter the cd/dvd writer eg sr0 or sr1.
			Make sure a writeable disc is in it!"
			read writer
			if [[ -e /dev/'$writer' ]]; then 
			growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/$writer=$path$pth1$niso
			echo "Finished!"
			else
			echo "No Go!"
			fi
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

b) echo "Enter the usb device; eg sdb1"
			read usb
			umount /dev/$usb
			isohybrid $niso
			dd if=$path$pth1$niso of=/dev/$usb bs=4M
			echo "Finished!"
			sleep 2
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

c)$rtn2menu && exit;;
		esac
		;;

5) echo "Do you want to use puppy native burn app with gui?
	Or simple in-built command?
	Or dd?
	Enter p or s or dd"
	read in
	case $in in
	p) cdburn
		$rtn2menu && exit;;

s) echo "Enter the cd/dvd writer and the path to the iso
				eg 'sr0 /mnt/sda2/new-FatDog64.iso'
			read writer iso
				growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/$writer=$iso
				echo "Finished!"
					else
				echo "No Go!"
			fi
			$rtn2menu && exit;;
	dd) echo "Enter the cd/dvd writer and the path to the iso
				eg 'sr0 /mnt/sda2/new-FatDog64.iso'
			read writer iso
			dd if=$iso of=/dev/'$writer' seek=0 bs=32k
			echo "Finished!"
			else
			echo "No Go!"
			fi
			$rtn2menu && exit;;
	esac;;

6) echo "Enter 'usb partition iso' eg 'sdb1 sda5 /my-folder/new-Slacko-8.8.iso'
NB: If you choose to make the iso a hybrid back it up first."
			read usb part iso 
			umount /dev/$usb
			mount /dev/$part $path$part
			#echo "Gparted will open for you to prepare your usb device. When ready close gparted."
			#gparted /dev/$usb
			echo "Make the iso a hybrid? y or n?"
			read hybrid
			if [ "$hybrid" == y ]; then
				isohybrid $path$part$iso
			else
				dd if=$path$part$iso of=/dev/$usb bs=4M
			fi
			parted /dev/$usb set 1 boot on
			echo "Finished!"
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

7) 
		menu2 () {
		echo "			   a) Create savefile
			   b) Create swapfile
			   c) Exit to Menu.
	choose one"
		read create
		}
		menu2
		. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
		case $create in
		a) echo "Create savefile; casper-rw, parsistence, pupsave.2fs etc
	Enter 'path/name' and 'fs' (ext2/3/4) and 'size'.

eg   /mnt/sda2/EmSee/`echo $DISTRO_SAVESFS` ext`echo $DISTRO_SAVESFS | cut -f2  -d '.' | cut -c1` 500
                                           ( ^ about 512mb)
		make sure the partition is mounted.	"
			read savefile fs size
			dd if=/dev/zero of=$savefile bs=1024k count=$size
			mkfs -t $fs -q -m 0 -F $savefile
			echo "'y' or 'n'?"
			read savemnt
			case $savemnt in
			y) mount -o loop $savefile /initrd/pup_rw;;
			n) echo "Not mounted. If a non-standard name was given you will need to edit DISTRO_SPECS in initrd.gz.";;
			esac
			sleep 2
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

b) echo "Create a pupswap.swp swapfile.  
	Enter path and size;
		eg /mnt/home 500  (MB)"	
			read swap size
			dd if=/dev/zero of=$swap/pupswap.swp bs=1024k count=$size
			mkswap $swap/pupswap.swp
			swapon $swap/pupswap.swp
			echo "Swapfile Created and in use!
  To make it permanent copy and paste this line to the bottom of fstab

'/mnt/home/pupswap.swp    none   swp      sw	               0 0 '"
		echo
			sleep 8
			geany /etc/fstab
			echo "Press Enter when ready"
			read dummy
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

c) $rtn2menu && exit;;
		esac;;

12) menu3 () {
	echo "CD/DVD image burning and multisession functions

'1'		BURNING A MULTISESSION DVD

'2'		CREATE A DISC IMAGE (not bootable)

'3'		BURN AN ISO IMAGE TO DVD

'4'		FORMATTING A DVD RW DISC

'5'		FORMATTING A CD RW DISC

'6'		Return to main Menu

Type number and press enter"
	read number
	clear
}
menu3
		case $number in

1) echo "To burn to a disk first time or add to a muti-session disc.
Enter the device and path-to-folder/file and session-type= new or multi; 
	eg  sr0 /mnt/sda5/docs new   -or-   sr1 /media/sda3/e-books multi"
			read writer files session
			case $session in
				new) if [[ -e /dev/'$writer' ]]; then
						growisofs -Z /dev/$writer -r -J $files
						echo "Finished!"
					else
						echo "No Go!"
					fi
					$rtn2menu && exit;;

multi) if [[ -e /dev/'$writer' ]]; then 
						echo "writing to a multisession disc."
						growisofs -M /dev/$writer -r -J $files
						echo "Finished!"
					else
						echo "No Go!"
					fi
					$rtn2menu && exit;;
			esac;;

2) echo "Create a data image (iso); enter name-for-iso path-to-file
			eg data-2014.iso /media/sda4/docs/*"
			read nfi files
			genisoimage -r -J -o $nfi $files
			echo "Finished!" && $rtn2menu && exit;;

3) echo "Write iso image to disc; enter device and path-to-iso;
			eg sr0 /media/home/ISO/lina-1.8.iso"
			read writer niso
			#growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/$writer=$niso
			dd if=$niso of=/dev/$writer seek=0 bs=32k
			echo "Finished!"
			else
			echo "NoGo!"
			fi
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

4) echo "Format DVD-RW disc, enter device to use; eg sr0"
			read writer
			dvd+rw-format -blank /dev/$writer
			echo "Finished!"
			else
			echo "No Go!"
			fi
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

5) echo "Format CD-RW disc, enter device to use; eg sr0"
			cdrecord blank=fast dev=1,0,0
			echo "Finished!"
			else
			echo "No Go!"
			fi
			$rtn2menu && exit;;

6) echo "Exiting to Menu."
			$rtn2menu && exit;;
		esac
		;;

8) if [ $sf==8 ]; then
	clear
	echo "ok"
	fi;;

9) if [ $sf==9 ]; then
	exit
	else
	rtn2menu
	fi && exit;;

11) intro
	$rtn2menu && exit;;

*) $rtn2menu && exit;;
esac
surfn () {
echo "Here begins the unattended remaster section.  Option 8 in the Menu."
fndboot
workdrive
echo 
echo "Proceeding with remaster on '$drive'."
sleep 1
echo
}
surfn
checkfn () {
echo "Checking if previous remaster directories exist."
clear
sleep 1
if [ -d $path$drive/$dir1 ]; then
   echo "Previous remaster directories on '$drive' exist.
   They will be overwritten unless you press Ctrl + c to stop this script now
   and backup the directories '$dir1' '$dir2' which are on '$drive'."
   sleep 10
   echo "removing"
   rm -rf $path$drive/{$dir1,$dir2}
   clear
   echo "removed!!"
   sleep 1
fi

echo
echo "Checking for previous '$niso'."
sleep 1
if [ ! -e $path$drive/$niso ]; then
   echo "No previous '$niso' found on '$drive'."
   sleep 1
else
	clear
   echo "About to delete previous '$niso' on '$drive'.
Press 'Ctrl + c' now to stop and manually save it. 
Or wait 6 seconds to proceed."
   sleep 8
   echo
   rm -f $path$drive/$niso
   echo "Deleted previous '$niso'"
   clear
fi
}
checkfn
rsyncfn () {
clear
mkdir -p $path$drive/{$dir1,$dir2}
echo "Start copying from your running system.
Press Ctrl+c anytime to stop!"
sleep 1
echo
echo "rsync '/'"
rsync -a --progress /* $path$drive/$dir1/ --exclude=/{/run/*,media,live,/lib/live/mount,cdrom,aufs,proc,mnt,sys,tmp,initrd,archive,audit,/var/cache/apt/*,/var/slapt-get/*,/var/lib/apt/lists/*,/var/lib/slapt/lists/*}
}
rsyncfn
addirsfn () {
for subdir in {media,cdrom,live,/lib/live/mount,aufs,dev,proc,mnt,sys,tmp,archive,audit,live-rw-backing}
do
	if [[ -e /"$subdir" ]]; then
		mkdir -p $path$drive/$dir1/$subdir
		echo "'$subdir' created."
	else
		echo "'$subdir' directory not needed for this distro."
	fi
done
}
addirsfn
cleanfn () {
echo ""
echo "Entering remaster directory '$dir1'."
sleep 1
cd $path$drive/$dir1

echo "
Cleaning caches and .bak, .wh files and history."
rm -rf /var/run/*
rm -rf /var/tmp/*
rm -rf /var/log
rm -rf /tmp/*
rm -rf /audit/*
rm -rf /lost+found/*
rm -rf /root/.config/geany/geany.conf
cd $path$drive/$dir1/root
rm -rf .bash_history
rm -rf .history
rm -rf .Trash/*
rm -rf .cache/mozilla
rm -rf .mozilla
rm -rf .cache/google
rm -rf Downloads/*
rm -rf .minecraft/*
rm -rf .steam/* 
rm -rf .wine/drive_c/users/root/Cookies/*
rm -rf .wine/drive_c/users/root/AppData/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/* 
rm -rf .wine/drive_c/users/root/AppData/Tencent/Users/*
rm -rf .wine/drive_c/users/root/AppData/Tencent/QQ/*
rm -rf .wine/drive_c/windows/temp/*
rm -rf .wine/drive_c/users/root/Temp/*
rm -rf .Skype/*
rm -rf .thumbnails/*
rm -rf .pup_event/*
echo "
Leaving '$dir1' directory."

cd ../../../../
echo -n "More cleaning..."
rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/root/.XLOADED 
rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/.XLOADED
chroot $path$drive/$dir1/ find . -type f -name '.wh.*' -print -exec rm -rf {} \;  #remove .wh. files
chroot $path$drive/$dir1/ find . -type f -name '*.bak' -print -exec rm -rf {} \;  #remove *.bak files
echo "Cleaning finished"
}
cleanfn
compfn () {
clear
echo -e "
Enter your preferred compression e.g. -comp xz
                                   or -comp xz -b 1024k -Xbcj x86
                                   or -comp gzip

Enter mksquashfs within '$timelimit' seconds\n: \c"

comp=""
   read -t $timelimit comp
if [ ! -z "$comp" ]; then
   echo -e "
   \n You entered '$comp'.
Using  '$comp' code for mksquashfs."
else
   echo -e "
   \n TIME OUT\n Assume default '-comp xz -b 1024k -Xbcj x86'."
comp="-comp xz -b 1024k -Xbcj x86"
fi
}
compfn
scompfn () {
if [ -d /aufs ]; then
	cp -a ~/my-applications/bin/star $path$drive/$dir1/root/Startup/
	scomp=fd
elif [ $path == /media/ ]; then
	scomp=dd
elif [ $path == /mnt/ ]; then
	scomp=pp
else 
	echo "Enter custom name for sfs. '00-filesystem.squashfs' 'puppy2.sfs' etc"
	read name
	scomp=pp
fi
}
pathdef
scompfn
modules () {
	clear
	echo "Checking for kernel-modules.sfs!"
if [ -d /initrd/pup_z/lib/modules ]; then
	echo "Found so Removing modules."
   rm -r $path$drive/$dir1/lib/modules
   echo "Removing firmware."
   rm -r $path$drive/$dir1/lib/firmware
   echo "done."
elif [ -d /aufs/kernel-modules/lib/modules ];then
	echo "Found so Removing modules."
   rm -r $path$drive/$dir1/lib/modules
   echo "Removing firmware."
   rm -r $path$drive/$dir1/lib/firmware
   echo "done."
else
   echo "No Huge detected, modules and firmware left in sfs."
fi
}
case $scomp in
	pp) modules
	mksquashfs  $path$drive/$dir1 $path$drive/$name $comp -noappend
	mv $path$drive/$name $path$drive/$dir2/;;

fd) modules
	mkdir $path$drive/$dir2/fdi; cd $path$drive/$dir2/fdi
	cpio -i < $path$boot/initrd
	mv -f $path$drive/$name $path$drive/$dir2/fdi
	cd $path$drive/$dir2/fdi
	find . | cpio -o -H newc > $path$drive/$dir2/initrd
	rm -r $path$drive/$dir2/fdi
	echo "done";;

dd) cp -a /dev/console $path$drive/$dir1/dev/
	chmod a=rwx,o+t $path$drive/$dir1/tmp
	zerosize() {
    find $* | while read file; do
    echo -n "."
    rm -f $file
    touch $file
    done
}
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/doc -type f -size +1c
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/doc -type l
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/man -type f -size +1c
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/man -type l
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/info -type f -size +1c
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/info -type l
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/gnome/help -type f -size +1c
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/gnome/help -type l
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/gtk-doc -type f -size +1c
    zerosize $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/gtk-doc -type l
    chown -R man:root $path$drive/$dir1/usr/share/man
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/resolv.conf
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/.pupevent
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/var/lib/alsa/asound.state
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/root/.xsession-errors
	rm -rf $path$drive/$dir1/root/.cache
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/blkid-cache
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/resolv.conf
	rm -rf $path$drive/$dir1/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent*
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/var/lib/dhcpcd/*.lease
	rm -rf $path$drive/$dir1/etc/rc.d
	rm -f $path$drive/$dir1/etc/DISTRO_SPECS
	rm -rf $path$drive/$dir1/lib/consolefonts
	rm -rf $path$drive/$dir1/lib/keymaps
	rm $path$drive/$dir1/etc/blkid.conf
	mksquashfs $path$drive/$dir1 $path$drive/$name $comp -noappend

*) modules
esac
addidstring
isofn () {
clear
echo "
If you want to make an iso file then boot files will be supplied.
copied from /boot to '$path''$drive'/'$dir2'."
echo
   echo -e "
   Type 'y' to create iso or 'n' to NOT create iso then press enter.
   Default is 'y'.      or  'm'  to exit to Menu.
   You have $timelimit seconds\n: \c"
   answer=""
if [ ! -z "$answer" ]; then
   echo -e "
   \n You entered '$answer'"
else
   echo -e "
   \n TIME OUT\n Assume yes"
   answer=y
fi

case $answer in
   y) echo "Copying boot files for iso."
    cp -a /boot/$subd/* $path$drive/$dir2/
    if [ -d /aufs ]; then
		for file in vmlinuz vmlin64 vmlinux1 initrd initrd.gz initrd1.img initrd.xz initrd1.xz initrd.img vmlin32
		do
		cp -a $path$boot/$file $path$drive/$dir2/
		done
		cd $path$drive
		mkisofs -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -D -l -R -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o "$niso" $path$drive/$dir2
		echo "'$niso' is on drive '$path''$drive'."
	elif [ -d /live-rw-backing ]; then
		for file in vmlinuz vmlin64 vmlinux1 initrd.gz initrd initrd1.img initrd.xz initrd1.xz initrd.img vmlin32 wheezy-i486.sgn
		do
		cp -a $path$boot/$file $path$drive/$dir2/live/
		mv $path$drive/$dir2/$name $path$drive/$dir2/live/
		done
		cd $path$drive
		genisoimage -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -D -l -R -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o "$niso" $path$drive/$dir2
    else
		for file in vmlinuz vmlin64 vmlinux1 initrd initrd.gz initrd1.img initrd.xz initrd1.xz initrd.img vmlin32
		do
		done
		cd $path$drive
		mkisofs -b isolinux.bin -c boot.catalog -D -l -R -v -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o "$niso" $path$drive/$dir2
    fi;;

n) cp -a /boot/$subd/* $path$drive/$dir2/
    if [[ ! -d /live-rw-backing ]]; then
		for file in vmlinuz vmlin64 vmlinux1 initrd.gz initrd initrd1.img initrd.xz initrd1.xz initrd.img vmlin32 wheezy-i486.sgn
		do
		done
	elif [[ -d /live-rw-backing ]]; then
		do
		cp -a $path$boot/$file $path$drive/$dir2/live/
		done
		mv $path$drive/$dir2/$name $path$drive/$dir2/live/
		echo "'$dir2' directory left in existence.
	Can be deleted for you if no longer needed."
	fi;;

*) clear
   echo "Sorry, unexpected input.'$dir1' and '$dir2' directories on '$drive'
	left in existence.  Exiting to Menu!" && $rtn2menu;;
esac
}
isofn
tidyupfn () {
clear
echo -e "
Enter 'k' to keep or 'd' to delete '$path''$drive'/'$dir2'.
You have $timelimit seconds\n: \c"

choice=""
   read -t $timelimit choice
if [ ! -z "$choice" ]; then
   echo -e "
   \n  You entered '$choice'."
else
   echo -e "
   \n TIME OUT\n Assume keep"
   choice=k
fi

case $choice in
   k) echo "'$dir2' directory left in existence.";;

d) echo "Deleting '$path''$drive'/'$dir2'"
		rm $path$drive/$dir2 -r
		echo "DELETED!";;

*) echo "Unexpected input. Not deleting!";;
esac
}
tidyupfn
deldir2fn () {
clear
if [ ! -f $path$drive/$niso ]; then
   echo "'$drive'/'$dir2' directory left in existence."
   sleep 1
else
   echo "'$niso' has been created on '$drive' so deleting '$dir2' directory."
   sleep 1
   rm -rf $path$drive/$dir2
fi
}
 endfn () {
   clear
   echo "
                                  All done! 
                         Press enter to return to Menu."
read dummy
$rtn2menu
##THE END##
}
endfn

stemsee

#16 Post by stemsee »

Updated to V4.9 see links in third post!
Last edited by stemsee on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#17 Post by stemsee »

I implemented a another function for menu entry 7a, savefile creation, mount and rsync with /initrd/pup_rw . It gets mounted on /initrd/pup_a then rsync -au with current savefile. The purpose is that if using a savefile that is too small for the session then it is easy to make and mount a new bigger one and save everything to that semi-automatically. Actually I want to have two savefiles which provide an overflow type storage option. I t should be one step more to unmount the first savefile resize it and remount to pup_rw then rsync from pup_a ... !

EDIT: no need to sync from pup_a!
Last edited by stemsee on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#18 Post by stemsee »

Last edited by stemsee on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#19 Post by stemsee »

added resize savefile on the fly!

I will add 'swap savefile on-the-fly' feature too, as there is a demand for it.

Jasper

#20 Post by Jasper »

Hi stemsee,

The 'swap savefile on-the-fly' feature seems to be a major innovation.

The 'resize savefile on the fly' seems already added, but not as yet generally available.

If these new options are intended for immediate application (rather than remastering) then a separate pet/sfs would seem to be a most useful addition.

I don't run any frugal Pups, but I would appreciate clarification.

My regards