Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 17 Aug 2017, 15:28
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
~572, p575, and p57577: three spins/updates of Precise 5.7.1
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 3 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Fri 06 Feb 2015, 01:34    Post subject: like dropbox but more generous and versatile
Subject description: 50 free gigs of cloud sync storage and some other recs.

megasync-precise.tar.gz

https://mega.nz/

files in compressed folder:

megasync-xUbuntu_12.04_i386.deb
libc-ares2_1.10.0-2_i386.deb
libicu48_4.8.1.1-3ubuntu0.1_i386.deb

so far only tested in Precise 5.5, Precise 5.7.1, and ~572. other distros may not need the two dependencies.

___

here's an sfs for mega

___

here's one for chromium 40
(pets and dependencies from previous page)

my main browser recommendation is palemoon 25.2.1, either the pet or the sfs. (thanks to OscarTalks for both.)
___

i also recommend zigbert and mavrothal's ppm update.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 14 Feb 2015, 02:40    Post subject: thought i had already added this...  

since the (24) desktop shortcuts have now been relocated, the alt+# shortcuts can now be used for the root menus. i swapped out root three below for window, but the following is my suggestion for dual screen monitors. replace corresponding shortcuts in /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal:

Code:
<Key mask="A" key="1">root:1</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="2">root:2</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="3">root:3</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="4">root:4</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="5">root:5</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="6">root:6</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="7">root:7</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="8">root:8</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="9">root:9</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="0">root:10</Key>

<Key mask="AC" key="1">exec:a1</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="2">exec:a2</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="3">exec:a3</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="4">exec:a4</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="5">exec:a5</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="6">exec:a6</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="7">exec:a7</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="8">exec:a8</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="9">exec:a9</Key>
<Key mask="AC" key="0">exec:a10</Key>

<Key mask="AS" key="1">exec:b1</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="2">exec:b2</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="3">exec:b3</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="4">exec:b4</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="5">exec:b5</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="6">exec:b6</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="7">exec:b7</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="8">exec:b8</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="9">exec:b9</Key>
<Key mask="AS" key="0">exec:b10</Key>

a and b series resize/reposition the active window:

a1 -- upper left quadrant of left screen
a2 -- upper right quadrant of left screen
a3 -- lower left quadrant of left screen
a4 -- lower right quadrant of left screen
a5 -- quadrant-sized window placed at center of left screen
a6 -- upper left quadrant of right screen
a7 -- upper right quadrant of right screen
a8 -- lower left quadrant of right screen
a9 -- lower right quadrant of right screen
a10 -- quadrant-sized window placed at center of right screen

b1 -- left half of left screen
b2 -- right half of left screen
b3 -- top half of left screen
b4 -- bottom half of left screen
b5 -- full screen left
b6 -- left half of right screen
b7 -- right half of right screen
b8 -- top half of right screen
b9 -- bottom half of right screen
b10 -- full screen right
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb 2015, 00:29    Post subject: tips 'n' scripts for xpad
Subject description: it's useful, but those little windows can pile up...

the xpad notes can pile up, and accidentally left clicking the dock icon instead of right clicking it can dump 70 windows on your desktop when all you wanted was the list of seventy to pick from.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/40922/how-do-i-concatenate-all-the-files-in-a-given-directory-in-order-of-date-where

offers a solution. the following code will take all the content files (as opposed to the configuration files, which are labelled "info-...") and combine them into a single file ordered by date modified, most recent at the top.

Quote:
cat $(ls -t con*) > /root/my-documents/Text/xpadstrats

enter that in a terminal when in the /root/.config/xpad folder (you can change the location and name of the output file (the blue bit)--this one places it in /root/my-documents/Text and calls it xpadstrats. it gets created on the fly so any name will do. without a path, it will be placed in the same folder in which it's run). move the combined file to a location of your choice and delete all the files in /root/.config/xpad except server and default-style--fresh start with no data loss.

for xpad at startup, drag usr/bin/xpad to /root/Startup and choose symlink from the pop up.

here are two scripts to automate the process, xpad-backup for the backup/combine task and xpad-clear for the deleting of the old notes and their configuration files:

backup and archive:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
#xpad-backup
# will place a combined text (xpadbackup1) of all the xpads, ordered most recent first, in /root. you can change both the location and title of the combined document by altering the text and/or path below after the space after the >. rewrite or move to a convenient location as subsequent backups will overwrite the file if you don't--a possibly undesirable thing if you've used xpad-clear to delete the ones now in that root file.
# name this script xpad-backup and place in root/my-applications/bin
# for a menu entry in jwm, use
#<Program label="xpad-backup">xpad-backup</Program>
# place in any root menu, enter jwm -restart into a terminal. (if you choose the root 3 menu, i.e. the one in /etc rather than the ones in /root, you'll need to instead enter fixmenus, which is never as fast).

cd /root/.config/xpad
cat $(ls -t con*) > /root/xpadbackup1

#version 2. the following two lines add a measure of safety by backing up  each copy of the condensed file in (whatever folder you choose--here it's set to:) /root/my-documents/Text. the numbered backups don't overwrite one another, so while you'll lose the previous file deposited in root, there'll still be a copy of it elsewhere. if you're really paranoid about losing your notes, you can symlink the /root/.config/xpad folder to a dropbox folder or similar.

cd /root
cp --backup=t xpadbackup1 /root/my-documents/Text 

wipe out:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# xpad-clear
# erases old xpads--use after xpad-backup
# pretty sure you can ditch the -t --think of it as a mini sleep in case you press one too closely after another and risk erasing what you're trying to copy...
# these comments are arguably unnecessary bloat as well
# name this script xpad-clear and place in root/my-applications/bin
# for a menu entry in jwm, use
#<Program label="xpad-clear">xpad-clear</Program>
# place in any root menu, enter jwm -restart into a terminal. (if you choose the root 3 menu, i.e. the one in /etc rather than the ones in /root, you'll instead need to enter fixmenus into a terminal for the entries to show)

cd /root/.config/xpad
rm $(ls -t info*)
rm $(ls -t con*)
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2015, 02:30    Post subject: newest Libre Office Packages
Subject description: 3/2/15

LibreOffice-4.4.1_en-US_xz.pet (213M) and LibreOffice-4.4.1_en-US_xz.sfs (176M)

______

newest recs:

SuperFlexibleSynch.571.gz

slocate wrapper by musher0

treesize by aragon

simple screen recorder

jre-8u31-i586.sfs by OscarTalks
musher0

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:12    Post subject:  

Hi, Puppus.

Thanks for the inclusion of my wrapper in your collection/pups.

Thanks also for digging out aragon's tree ! Good find! I didn't even know
he had created a variant of tree.

BFN.

musher0

on the throne is just a monkey on top of a roof." (Bernard de Clervaux)
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2015, 13:06    Post subject:  

musher0 wrote:
Hi, Puppus.

Thanks for the inclusion of my wrapper in your collection/pups.

Thanks also for digging out aragon's tree ! Good find! I didn't even know
he had created a variant of tree.

BFN.

musher0

yeah, i guess somewhere i should place a disclaimer regarding how i credit things. if you wrote a script/pet/widget/app/program, you get credit. if you make anything from the world outside puppy useful to puppy where it may otherwise not have been, i credit you for the pet/sfs, thinking the actual authors of the programs/apps/utilities/tools are credited in the work itself. some of the crediting is just "elsewhere" and once or twice seems like enough--i make a libreoffice pet using the work of a huge team (libreoffice itself), 01micko (make debs into a sfs plus all else his get libreoffice pet accomplishes), TheAsterisk! (his right click utility converts the sfs into a pet), Barry for the platform, John Murga for space that allowed the knowledge to be stored and transferred---so i don't credit those (things that i/"i" did) at all. Laughing

treesize was written by Marcos Diez

Smile

and thanks for the slocate wrapper. it's already proven useful multiple times on more than one machine.

later.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:41    Post subject: easily switch between jwm configurations
Subject description: switch sets of keyboard shortcuts and/or custom menus on the fly.

info

jwm-config-quickswitch.tar.gz

______

you can use the above to try out up to ten alternative jwm configurations, all of which can be swapped for any other in seconds. you can use it to give yourself alternate root 3 menus, alternate menus in sets of ten, or just to give yourself alternate sets of keyboard shortcuts. it's also a good way to try out custom menus, perhaps before you make them part of your set of root 1-10.

it can also be used to to swap tray layouts, but that may require jwm -restart entered into the terminal (best to see if jwm -reload works before trying it as -restart rearranges your tasklist but -reload doesn't) after the terminal shortcut, menu item, or script that sets up the swap is run.

so, entering my3 or m30-m39 into a terminal will instantly switch to an alternative configuration. my3 or orig3 (depending on how you set it up) will return to your original setup. a pup set to morph as the situation requires.

enjoy.

___

edit: can confirm you need to restart jwm for changes to the trays to show.

edit 2: well, it was worth a shot--jwm -reload really is more pleasant, smooth, and quick than jwm -restart, but it only works for the menus themselves. any change that involves the keycuts or trays will need jwm -restart (you may may want to alter that line of code if they're a big part of your config changes).

here are the menu entries. place in /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc (and any of the others).

Code:
<Menu label="jwm config switch" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="gjwm"">gjwm</Program>
<Program label="my3"">my3</Program>
<Program label="my30"">my30</Program>
<Program label="my31"">my31</Program>
<Program label="my32"">my32</Program>
<Program label="my33"">my33</Program>
<Program label="my34"">my34</Program>
<Program label="my35"">my35</Program>
<Program label="my36"">my36</Program>
<Program label="my37"">my37</Program>
<Program label="my38"">my38</Program>
<Program label="my39"">my39</Program>
<Program label="orig3"">orig3</Program>
</Menu>

Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Thu 05 Mar 2015, 14:52    Post subject: another way to have useful but unobtrusive trays
Subject description: embed them

this distro attempts to make the trays large and useful, but hides them so they don't take up any screen real estate. unfortunately, that meant i could no longer use jwm as a clock since the tray that held it was hidden unless moused over (my aging eyes aren't so good at picking out the data from a camouflaged/transparent htop window, my usual workaround). i started experimenting with placing the trays on the lowest layer and found it was a nice way to embed the clock, the pager, menu buttons, etc. example shows clock, pager, and menu strip (roots 6-10)--three separate trays.

more info here.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Fri 06 Mar 2015, 16:42    Post subject: late addition to the NWP menu
Subject description: (some editions have it as the NWPT menu)

not long after i uploaded the updated NWP, an addition occurred to me which i've since used more than any other entry, a command to just turn any text document (xpad, leafpad, geany, etc) into a script. it shouldn't be so hard to remember those few characters, but alas, always seems easier just to go to a rox folder, right click, choose new, choose script. this is even easier:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
xdotool type "#!/bin/sh"

# name scripttemplate and place in root/my-applications/bin
# menu entry for the nwpt meu: <Program label="#!/bin/sh ">scripttemplate</Program>

# you could name it script or script template, but then it wouldn't be as good a memory aid

# swap out what's between the quotation marks in line two to use for other auto-pastes

copy that to root/my-applications/bin and add

Code:
 <Program label="#!/bin/sh ">scripttemplate</Program>

to your nwp menu (it's on root one, but you can paste the entire thing to any of the others--see linked post for full menu).

here's a menu slot for xpad and the two helper scripts from above. it also includes programs to aid in font and color selection, a dictionary, and a choice of text processors:

Code:
 <Menu label="NWP Sup" icon="" height="16">     
<Program label="NWP help" icon="">geany /root/my-applications/bin/nwphelp</Program>
<Program label="leafpad" icon="">leafpad</Program>
<Program label="geany" icon="">geany</Program>
<Program label="Xpad sticky notes" icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/xpad.xpm">xpad</Program>
    <Program label="xpad-backup">xpad-backup</Program>
              <Program label="xpad-clear">xpad-clear</Program>
<Program label="gFnRenam" icon="">gfnrename</Program>
<Program label="gfontsel" icon="">gfontsel</Program>
<Program label="gcolor" icon="">gcolor2</Program>
<Program label="goldendict" icon="">goldendict</Program>
 </Menu>
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 07 Mar 2015, 12:40    Post subject: nwpt as a cheat sheet to make multiple copies of a file
Subject description: can anyone make the lower script work on whatever's dragged to it?

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# name 5cop and place in /root/my-applications/bin
#make multiple copies of a file:
# nwpt menu entry:  <Program label="5 copies template">5cop</Program>
xdotool type "for f in TTT{2..6}.txt ; do cp TTT.txt $f ; done"

i've been trying to find an easy way to make multiple copies of a file, and this is the best/easiest i've found so far. the above script and nwpt menu entry will print out a line you can alter: change the two TTT and .txt instances above to match your file's name and extension and swap out the range in the braces to get other digits or letters in the copies made. enter that in a terminal activated while in the rox folder containing the file to be copied (` key--sorry if too newbie a comment), and the copies will appear in the sequence set. below is the code as a script--would be better if i could get it to work by automatically substituting the name of a file dragged onto it, but i have no idea how to do that. Confused

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#make multiple copies of a file:

for f in TTT{2..6}.txt ; do cp TTT.txt $f ; done

#for f in PPP{2..6}.png ; do cp PPP.png $f ; done
#for f in DDD{2..6}.docx ; do cp DDD.docx $f ; done
#for f in OOO{2..6}.odt ; do cp OOO.odt $f ; done

# swap out file name (the all caps and extension bits should match the file you want to copy) and change the brace contents to change the range/the titles of the copies.

#  --can anyone make this a script that works for files dragged to it?

# original is from Michael Krelin at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5580835/cp-copy-command-with-bash-brace-expansion: for f in test{2..4}.txt ; do cp file.txt $f ; done

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Tue 10 Mar 2015, 00:45    Post subject: latest stable and developmental wines as sfs packages  

w162.sfs [winenv-1.2.pet, wine_menu-1.pet, wine_extras-v2.pet, wine-1.6.2-i486_v2.1.pet, wine_DEV-1.6.2-i486_v2.pet, wine_DOC-1.6.2-i486.pet]

w1738.sfs [winenv-1.2.pet, wine_menu-1.pet, wine_extras-v2.pet, wine-1.7.38-i486_v2.1.pet, wine_DEV-1.7.38-i486_v2.pet, wine_DOC-1.7.38-i486.pet]
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar 2015, 21:25    Post subject: Geany Master Blaster, or Geany Line Launcher, or VTG...
Subject description: open programs, files, folders and web sites; reshape and resize windows from within a text document.

you can launch anything from within any geany document as if it were itself a menu or a terminal. below is a screenshot of partview being opened by clicking on the VTG button i added to the top middle hideaway tray. place the cursor and the line gets sent to the terminal, focus is switched to the terminal, the line is entered, and then focus is returned/the program, script, folder etc is run, launched, opened.

you'll need the following script and some tweaking of the geany menu.

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# name vtg and place in /root/my-applications/bin
# requires xdotool (included in this series) and a few menu adjustments
#geany as launcher and bookmarks manager
#open programs, files and web sites; reshape and resize windows from within a text document.
xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return ctrl+7

#for jwm root menu(s): <Program label="Geany VTE Line Launch" icon="">vtg</Program>
 #or <Program label="VTG"">vtg</Program> .   for a tray button you could use   <TrayButton popup="geanylauncher" label="VTG">exec:vtg</TrayButton> . add an icon (icon="path/to/icon.jpg.or.whatever") for it if you like.

at this point, this xdotool script is pointing to shortcuts in geany which do not yet exist. to make them,

edit > preferences > keybindings (or help > keyboard shortcuts > edit)

step 1 send selection (or line--just place the cursor; you don't need to highlight anything) to terminal:
ctrl+9 (this one is already built in as F4--you can set the shortcuts to whatever you like--just keep the order the same as in the script above)

step 2 switch focus to terminal:
ctrl+8

step 3 enter command obtained in step 1
Return

step 4 return focus to page/close message window and terminal so that you're back to the original page as it was before you launched the script. you'll need to alter this if you want to keep the terminal open or otherwise change the interface:
ctrl+7

you'll need to find the slots for the above commands and set the shortcut keys (the pop up will call ctrl primary), optionally leaving F4 and changing the ctrl+9 in the script above to match.

the following line of code launched with VTG will make a text file of all the files/paths in /root/my-applications/bin (swap out the blue for the location of your choice) and then open it (named on the fly--choose whatever you like for the location and name in red) in geany:

find $PWD /root/my-applications/bin > /root/myapbin1; geany /root/myapbin1

the following code will automatically take any path highlighted and convert it into a rox bookmark (when activated with VTG, whether it's a menu item, tray button, or panel script--shortcut keys (other than those that access the menu) don't work very well with this script so i suggest putting VTG atop a root menu for quick key access). you can highlight multiple lines at a time and the script will correctly place the "rox" and quotation marks where they need to be.

Code:

#! /bin/sh
# based on ht-b by miriam
# name rxmkr and place in /root/my-applications/bin
# turn a path into a rox bookmark when used with nwpt/vtg
# swap out the rox to have other file managers open the folder/other # programs open the file.

xclip -o | sed 's/^/rox "/' | sed 's/$/\"/' | xclip -selection clipboard
xdotool type "`xclip -out -selection clipboard`"

#<Program label="RXMKR">vtg</Program> as menu suggestion

right clicking will give you an option to open items as text--always works if the path is full. the above code places quotation marks around the path--not really necessary unless there are spaces in some program titles. highlight and use the find and replace function (search menu ...> replace selected) to have things other than rox open up the files. make copies to have it set so that a file can be opened by a variety of things at a click. to launch the bulk of puppy's programs, you don't need the path, just the name, usually in lower case.

Code:
ls /usr/share/applications > /root/pupaps1; geany  /root/pupaps1

gives you most as a list opened in geany, but you'll need to ditch the .desktop part of the file names and the capitalization.

edit > select all > format > toggle case and search > find and replace > [.desktop] [space, blank, return all work] > whole document

and you be able to launch puppy's apps from menus that can be altered and expanded as you're using them.

to get an idea of the control this gives you, play around with the following code:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# pos+
wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,maximized_vert,maximized_horz && wmctrl -r :SELECT: -e 0,1176,460,-1,-1

# value of -1 means don't change; gravity, position on x axis, position on y axis, width of x, height of y.
#currently set to snap windows between two monitors. change :SELECT: to :ACTIVE: to have it work on the currently activated window rather than giving you cross hairs to zap windows with.
#requires wmctrl.
# wmctrl -G -l  gives you geometry of current windows--use as a guide.

1176,460,-1,-1 are x position, y position, width of x, and height of y respectively. you can change the figures to whatever you like, hit VTG, and the next window you click will be forced into your chosen size and position, even if the document from which you are controlling things hasn't yet been saved.

helpful hint: make shortcut menus from your bash-history and gexec history files. use program1| program2| program3| to launch things simultaneously as the VTE will ordinarily wait for something to be closed before launching the next thing. the program path/to/file1 path/to/file2 path/to/file3 format will allow most applications to open more than one file at a click.

enjoy.
Very Happy

edit: instead of hunting through the keyboard editing popup, you could just use the file from this post, which may prove easier in the long run.

also, a better way of getting the executables from the .desktop files has come along.

scroll down a little for a sample menu/crib sheet

updated nwp/vgt help page (aka the aforementioned crib sheet) also now available here

Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 04:04; edited 3 times in total
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Mon 23 Mar 2015, 21:58    Post subject: updates, tweaks, finds  

OscarTalks has updated the palemoon packages:

palemoon-25.3.0-i686.sfs and palemoon-25.3.0-i686.pet

and kost@s' pepperflash pet works well with both palemoon and firefox:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=834241#834241
________

regarding the Geany MasterBlaster, the workaround for the lack of a true shortcut key is more xdotool: assuming top placement on the root one menu for the vtg script,

Code:
<Key mask="A" key="z">exec:xdotool key alt+1 Down Return</Key>

or
Code:
<Key mask="A" key="BackSpace">exec:xdotool key alt+1 Down Return</Key>   

added to jwmrc-personal makes it more comfortable to use.

Code:
<Key mask="AC" key="g">geany /path/to/1or/Morecustom/menus/textfiles</Key>

makes a nice launcher for both geany and the vtg function. you could use one menu/page for websites, one for directories, another to launch other launchers or menu files--you could also use geany's ctrl+l (go to line) or ctrl+f (find) functions to go quickly to the specific shortcut/line you want. if you use the applications and bins folders through the rox bookmarks (ctrl+b) or speeddials (# once set with the control key) and/or the terminal shortcuts to launch things, you're already pretty fast and the only real advantage of the geany launcher comes from its ability to customize and arrange shortcuts on the fly. It's also pretty good for keeping around useful code, for example the multiple copies script and the make a directory a list of paths script--the latter in particular makes sense to launch from geany itself as that's where you'll be applying the make this a bookmark scripts. you could also set up the NWP to spit out codes you may find useful but not particularly memorable.

----

on a related note, SFR and L18L have come up with a new launcher

----

on another related note, make your own java sfs using the linked script by uten and the execute (cogwheel) button on the geany toolbar.

move and click the mouse with the arrow keys

Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 20:09; edited 2 times in total
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:31    Post subject: all menus on every menu
Subject description: roots 0-9 and the windows menu; also, add a showdesktop slot

if you've converted your alt+# shortcuts to access the ten menus, you can use the following menu/submenu to access all of the others from any in which you paste it:

Code:

<Menu label="menus submenu" icon="" height="16">

<Program label="windows menu" icon="" >xdotool key alt+F2</Program>
<Program label="showdesktop" icon="" >xdotool key alt+shift+Down</Program>
   <Program label="r1" icon="" >xdotool key alt+1</Program>
      <Program label="r2" icon="" >xdotool key alt+2</Program>
   <Program label="r3" icon="" >xdotool key alt+3</Program>
      <Program label="r4" icon="" >xdotool key alt+4</Program>
   <Program label="r5" icon="" >xdotool key alt+5</Program>
   <Program label="r6" icon="" >xdotool key alt+6</Program>
   <Program label="r7" icon="" >xdotool key alt+7</Program>
   <Program label="r8" icon="" >xdotool key alt+8</Program>
   <Program label="r9" icon="" >xdotool key alt+9</Program>
      <Program label="r0" icon="" >xdotool key alt+0</Program>

</Menu>

the above assumes you haven't overwritten the default shortcut for the windows menu, alt+F2. the shortcut combo for show desktop was added along with a few other arrow button tweaks a post ago. the menu won't be able to access that function without it, though you can assign it to something else--just change xdotool's menu route accordingly.

if you've lost the stock windows menu shortcut to the 24 desktops or some other tweak, you could use

Code:
 <Program label="windows menu" icon="" >xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+w</Program>

on the menu and add the following shortcut key to /root/.jwmrc/jwmrc-personal:
Code:

<Key mask="SAC" key="w">window</Key>
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 01 Apr 2015, 23:53    Post subject: Improvements to the the windows placement menus
Subject description: and an add-on for vgt

placement pack active add on

convert paths to rox bookmarks (etc for vgt)

both compressed folders need to be unpacked and their contents copied to /root/my-applications bin. what follows is three text files that can be inserted into a given menu as a submenu. just use
Code:
 <Include>tags/around/the/name/and/path</Include>

the one for the improved nwp toolbar is universal; the other two are set up for dual and single monitors respectively--you probably don't need to add both, but adding the menu is as simple as copying the includes line to a root#menu file and restarting or reloading jwm. well, you'd also have to copy and place two of the three text files below somewhere on your machine...

the main addition to the nwp is a series of menu items designed to be used with the geany launcher from a few posts ago, which i generally refer to as VTG, since it uses Geany and its built in Virtual Terminal emulator. with scripts such as
Code:
find $PWD /root/my-applications/bin > /root/myapbin1; geany /root/myapbin1
able to make a list of paths in and of any directory (and its subdirectories), it just takes a few characters here and there to turn each path into a rox bookmark or a quick launch for files opened with specific programs or in selected batches.

the two menus for windows placement and sizing:

Quote:
<JWM>
<Menu label="Single Monitor Menu" icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="for single monitors :ACTIVE:" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="top half" icon="tha.png">tophalf2</Program>
<Program label="bottom half" icon="bha.png">bottomhalf2</Program>
<Program label="left half" icon="lha.png">lefthalf2</Program>
<Program label="right half" icon="rha.png">righthalf2</Program>
<Program label="full" icon="fulla.png">fulla</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="upper left quadrant" icon="ul.png">upperleftquadrant2</Program>
<Program label="upper right quadrant" icon="ur.png">upperrightquadrant2</Program>
<Program label="lower left quadrant" icon="ll.png">lowerleftquadrant2</Program>
<Program label="lower right quadrant" icon="lr.png">lowerrightquadrant2</Program>
<Program label="centered" icon="c.png">lp5a</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="for single monitors :SELECT:" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="top half" icon="th.png">tophalf</Program>
<Program label="bottom half" icon="bh.png">bottomhalf</Program>
<Program label="left half" icon="lh.png">lefthalf</Program>
<Program label="right half" icon="rh.png">righthalf</Program>
<Program label="full" icon="fulls.png">fulls</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="upper left quadrant" icon="uls.png">upperleftquadrant</Program>
<Program label="upper right quadrant" icon="urs.png">upperrightquadrant</Program>
<Program label="lower left quadrant" icon="lls.png">lowerleftquadrant</Program>
<Program label="lower right quadrant" icon="lrs.png">lowerrightquadrant</Program>
<Program label="centered" icon="cs.png">lp5</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Send To, Layer, Stick--ACTIVE" icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="Send To" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="1">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t0</Program>
<Program label="2">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t1</Program>
<Program label="3">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t2</Program>
<Program label="4">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t3</Program>
<Program label="5">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t4</Program>
<Program label="6">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t5</Program>
<Program label="7">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t6</Program>
<Program label="8">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t7</Program>
<Program label="9">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t8</Program>
<Program label="10">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t9</Program>
<Program label="11">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t10</Program>
<Program label="12">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t11</Program>
<Program label="13">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t12</Program>
<Program label="14">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t13</Program>
<Program label="15">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t14</Program>
<Program label="16">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t15</Program>
<Program label="17">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t16</Program>
<Program label="18">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t17</Program>
<Program label="19">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t18</Program>
<Program label="20">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t19</Program>
<Program label="21">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t20</Program>
<Program label="22">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t21</Program>
<Program label="23">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t22</Program>
<Program label="24">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t23</Program>

<Program label="Stick/Unstick">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,sticky</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="Stick">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,sticky</Program>
<Program label="Unstick">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,sticky</Program>

<Menu label="Layer">
<Program label="below">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,below</Program>
<Program label="normal">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,above,below</Program>
<Program label="above">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,above</Program>
</Menu>

</Menu>

<Menu label="Send To, Layer, Stick--SELECT">
<Menu label="Send To">
<Program label="1">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t0</Program>
<Program label="2">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t1</Program>
<Program label="3">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t2</Program>
<Program label="4">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t3</Program>
<Program label="5">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t4</Program>
<Program label="6">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t5</Program>
<Program label="7">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t6</Program>
<Program label="8">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t7</Program>
<Program label="9">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t8</Program>
<Program label="10">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t9</Program>
<Program label="11">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t10</Program>
<Program label="12">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t11</Program>
<Program label="13">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t12</Program>
<Program label="14">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t13</Program>
<Program label="15">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t14</Program>
<Program label="16">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t15</Program>
<Program label="17">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t16</Program>
<Program label="18">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t17</Program>
<Program label="19">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t18</Program>
<Program label="20">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t19</Program>
<Program label="21">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t20</Program>
<Program label="22">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t21</Program>
<Program label="23">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t22</Program>
<Program label="24">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t23</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Layer">
<Program label="below">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b add,below</Program>
<Program label="normal">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,above,below</Program>
<Program label="above">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b add,above</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="Stick/Unstick">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b toggle,sticky</Program>
<Program label="Stick">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b add,sticky</Program>
<Program label="Unstick">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,sticky</Program>

<Minimize/>
<Maximize/>
<Close/>
<Kill/>
</Menu>

<Menu label="size and placement 2, active">
<Menu label="Left to Right" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="x=0" icon="">x0a</Program>
<Program label="x=100" icon="">x100a</Program>
<Program label="x=200" icon="">x200a</Program>
<Program label="x=300" icon="">x300a</Program>
<Program label="x=400" icon="">x400a</Program>
<Program label="x=500" icon="">x500a</Program>
<Program label="x=600" icon="">x600a</Program>
<Program label="x=700" icon="">x700a</Program>
<Program label="x=800" icon="">x800a</Program>
<Program label="x=900" icon="">x900a</Program>
<Menu label="more" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="x=1000" icon="">x1000a</Program>
<Program label="x=1100" icon="">x1100a</Program>
<Program label="x=1200" icon="">x1200a</Program>
<Program label="x=1300" icon="">x1300a</Program>
<Program label="x=1400" icon="">x1400a</Program>
<Program label="x=1500" icon="">x1500a</Program>
<Program label="x=1600" icon="">x1600a</Program>
<Program label="x=1800" icon="">x1800a</Program>
<Program label="x=2000" icon="">x2000a</Program>
<Program label="x=2200" icon="">x2200a</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Top to Bottom" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="y=0" icon="">y0a</Program>
<Program label="y=50" icon="">y50a</Program>
<Program label="y=100" icon="">y100a</Program>
<Program label="y=150" icon="">y150a</Program>
<Program label="y=200" icon="">y200a</Program>
<Program label="y=250" icon="">y250a</Program>
<Program label="y=300" icon="">y300a</Program>
<Program label="y=350" icon="">y350a</Program>
<Program label="y=400" icon="">y400a</Program>
<Program label="y=450" icon="">y450a</Program>
<Program label="y=550" icon="">y550a</Program>
<Program label="y=650" icon="">y650a</Program>
<Program label="y=750" icon="">y750a</Program>
<Program label="y=850" icon="">y850a</Program>
<Program label="y=950" icon="">y950a</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Square" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="250" icon="">250a</Program>
<Program label="300" icon="">300a</Program>
<Program label="350" icon="">350a</Program>
<Program label="450" icon="">450a</Program>
<Program label="500" icon="">500a</Program>
<Program label="550" icon="">550a</Program>
<Program label="650" icon="">650a</Program>
<Program label="750" icon="">750a</Program>
<Program label="850" icon="">850a</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Landscape" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="w400h300" icon="">w400h300a</Program>
<Program label="w450h300" icon="">w450h300a</Program>
<Program label="w500h400" icon="">w500h400a</Program>
<Program label="w550h400" icon="">w550h400a</Program>
<Program label="w600h500" icon="">w600h500a</Program>
<Program label="w650h500" icon="">w650h500a</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Portrait" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="w300h400" icon="">w300h400a</Program>
<Program label="w300h450" icon="">w300h450a</Program>
<Program label="w400h500" icon="">w400h500a</Program>
<Program label="w400h550" icon="">w400h550a</Program>
<Program label="w500h600" icon="">w500h600a</Program>
<Program label="w500h650" icon="">w500h650a</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Window Size and Placement" icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="Left Side Placement" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="upper left /2" icon="">upl2a</Program>
<Program label="upper left /3" icon="">upl3a</Program>
<Program label="upper left /4" icon="">upl4a</Program>
<Program label="upper left /5" icon="">upl5a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /2" icon="">lwl2a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /3" icon="">lwl3a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /4" icon="">lwl4a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /5" icon="">lwl5a</Program>
</Menu>
<Menu label="Right Side Placement" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="upper right /2" icon="">upr2a</Program>
<Program label="upper right /3" icon="">upr3a</Program>
<Program label="upper right /4" icon="">upr4a</Program>
<Program label="upper right /5" icon="">upr5a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /2" icon="">lwr2a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /3" icon="">lwr3a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /4" icon="">lwr4a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /5" icon="">lwr5a</Program>
</Menu>

</Menu>
</Menu>

<Menu label="size and placement 2, select">

<Program label="x=0" icon="">x0</Program>
<Program label="x=100" icon="">x100</Program>
<Program label="x=200" icon="">x200</Program>
<Program label="x=300" icon="">x300</Program>
<Program label="x=400" icon="">x400</Program>
<Program label="x=500" icon="">x500</Program>
<Program label="x=600" icon="">x600</Program>
<Program label="x=700" icon="">x700</Program>
<Program label="x=800" icon="">x800</Program>
<Program label="x=900" icon="">x900</Program>
<Program label="x=1000" icon="">x1000</Program>
<Program label="x=1100" icon="">x1100</Program>
<Program label="x=1200" icon="">x1200</Program>
<Program label="x=1300" icon="">x1300</Program>
<Program label="x=1400" icon="">x1400</Program>
<Program label="x=1500" icon="">x1500</Program>
<Program label="x=1600" icon="">x1600</Program>
<Program label="x=1800" icon="">x1800</Program>
<Program label="x=2000" icon="">x2000</Program>
<Program label="x=2200" icon="">x2200</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Program label="y=0" icon="">y0</Program>
<Program label="y=50" icon="">y50</Program>
<Program label="y=100" icon="">y100</Program>
<Program label="y=150" icon="">y150</Program>
<Program label="y=200" icon="">y200</Program>
<Program label="y=250" icon="">y250</Program>
<Program label="y=300" icon="">y300</Program>
<Program label="y=350" icon="">y350</Program>
<Program label="y=400" icon="">y400</Program>
<Program label="y=450" icon="">y450</Program>
<Program label="y=550" icon="">y550</Program>
<Program label="y=650" icon="">y650</Program>
<Program label="y=750" icon="">y750</Program>
<Program label="y=850" icon="">y850</Program>
<Program label="y=950" icon="">y950</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Program label="250" icon="">250</Program>
<Program label="300" icon="">300</Program>
<Program label="350" icon="">350</Program>
<Program label="450" icon="">450</Program>
<Program label="500" icon="">500</Program>
<Program label="550" icon="">550</Program>
<Program label="650" icon="">650</Program>
<Program label="750" icon="">750</Program>
<Program label="850" icon="">850</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="w400h300" icon="">w400h300</Program>
<Program label="w450h300" icon="">w450h300</Program>
<Program label="w500h400" icon="">w500h400</Program>
<Program label="w550h400" icon="">w550h400</Program>
<Program label="w600h500" icon="">w600h500</Program>
<Program label="w650h500" icon="">w650h500</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="w300h400" icon="">w300h400</Program>
<Program label="w300h450" icon="">w300h450</Program>
<Program label="w400h500" icon="">w400h500</Program>
<Program label="w400h550" icon="">w400h550</Program>
<Program label="w500h600" icon="">w500h600</Program>
<Program label="w500h650" icon="">w500h650</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="upper left /2" icon="">upl2</Program>
<Program label="upper left /3" icon="">upl3</Program>
<Program label="upper left /4" icon="">upl4</Program>
<Program label="upper left /5" icon="">upl5</Program>
<Program label="lower left /2" icon="">lwl2</Program>
<Program label="lower left /3" icon="">lwl3</Program>
<Program label="lower left /4" icon="">lwl4</Program>
<Program label="lower left /5" icon="">lwl5</Program>
</Menu>
<Program label="upper right /2" icon="">upr2</Program>
<Program label="upper right /3" icon="">upr3</Program>
<Program label="upper right /4" icon="">upr4</Program>
<Program label="upper right /5" icon="">upr5</Program>
<Program label="lower right /2" icon="">lwr2</Program>
<Program label="lower right /3" icon="">lwr3</Program>
<Program label="lower right /4" icon="">lwr4</Program>
<Program label="lower right /5" icon="">lwr5</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

</Menu>
</JWM>

name singleM and place in, for example, root. add <Include>/root/singleM</Include> to a menu and restart jwm. next one is the same for double monitors (name doubleM...<Include>/root/doubleM</Include>...)

Quote:

<JWM>

<Menu label="Double Monitor Menu " icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="for double monitors ACTIVE " icon="" height="16">

<Program label="upper left quadrant of left screen" icon="a1.png">a1</Program>
<Program label="upper right quadrant of left screen " icon="a2.png">a2</Program>
<Program label="lower left quadrant of left screen " icon="a3.png">a3</Program>
<Program label="lower right quadrant of left screen " icon="a4.png">a4</Program>
<Program label="quadrant-sized window placed at center of left screen " icon="a5.png">a5</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="upper left quadrant of right screen" icon="a6.png">a6</Program>
<Program label="upper right quadrant of right screen" icon="a7.png">a7</Program>
<Program label="lower left quadrant of right screen " icon="a8.png">a8</Program>
<Program label="lower right quadrant of right screen" icon="a9.png">a9</Program>
<Program label="quadrant-sized window placed at center of right screen " icon="a10.png">a10</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="left half of left screen" icon="b1.png">b1</Program>
<Program label="right half of left screen" icon="b2.png">b2</Program>
<Program label="top half of left screen" icon="b3.png">b3</Program>
<Program label="bottom half of left screen" icon="b4.png">b4</Program>
<Program label="full screen left " icon="b5.png">b5</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="left half of right screen" icon="b6.png">b6</Program>
<Program label="right half of right screen" icon="b7.png">b7</Program>
<Program label="top half of right screen " icon="b8.png">b8</Program>
<Program label="bottom half of right screen" icon="b9.png">b9</Program>
<Program label="full screen right " icon="b10.png">b10</Program>

</Menu>

<Menu label="for double monitors: SELECT (crosshairs) version" icon="" height="16">

<Program label="upper left quadrant of left screen" icon="as1.png">as1</Program>
<Program label="upper right quadrant of left screen " icon="as2.png">as2</Program>
<Program label="lower left quadrant of left screen " icon="as3.png">as3</Program>
<Program label="lower right quadrant of left screen " icon="as4.png">as4</Program>
<Program label="quadrant-sized window placed at center of left screen " icon="as5.png">as5</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="upper left quadrant of right screen" icon="as6.png">as6</Program>
<Program label="upper right quadrant of right screen" icon="as7.png">as7</Program>
<Program label="lower left quadrant of right screen " icon="as8.png">as8</Program>
<Program label="lower right quadrant of right screen" icon="as9.png">as9</Program>
<Program label="quadrant-sized window placed at center of right screen " icon="as10.png">as10</Program>
<Separator/>

<Program label="left half of left screen" icon="bs1.png">bs1</Program>
<Program label="right half of left screen" icon="bs2.png">bs2</Program>
<Program label="top half of left screen" icon="bs3.png">bs3</Program>
<Program label="bottom half of left screen" icon="bs4.png">bs4</Program>
<Program label="full screen left " icon="bs5.png">bs5</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="left half of right screen " icon="bs6.png">bs6</Program>
<Program label="right half of right screen" icon="bs7.png">bs7</Program>
<Program label="top half of right screen " icon="bs8.png">bs8</Program>
<Program label="bottom half of right screen" icon="bs9.png">bs9</Program>
<Program label="full screen right " icon="bs10.png">bs10</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Send To, Layer, Stick--ACTIVE" icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="Send To" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="1">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t0</Program>
<Program label="2">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t1</Program>
<Program label="3">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t2</Program>
<Program label="4">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t3</Program>
<Program label="5">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t4</Program>
<Program label="6">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t5</Program>
<Program label="7">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t6</Program>
<Program label="8">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t7</Program>
<Program label="9">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t8</Program>
<Program label="10">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t9</Program>
<Program label="11">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t10</Program>
<Program label="12">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t11</Program>
<Program label="13">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t12</Program>
<Program label="14">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t13</Program>
<Program label="15">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t14</Program>
<Program label="16">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t15</Program>
<Program label="17">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t16</Program>
<Program label="18">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t17</Program>
<Program label="19">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t18</Program>
<Program label="20">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t19</Program>
<Program label="21">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t20</Program>
<Program label="22">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t21</Program>
<Program label="23">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t22</Program>
<Program label="24">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -t23</Program>

<Program label="Stick/Unstick">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,sticky</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="Stick">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,sticky</Program>
<Program label="Unstick">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,sticky</Program>

<Menu label="Layer">
<Program label="below">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,below</Program>
<Program label="normal">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,above,below</Program>
<Program label="above">wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,above</Program>
</Menu>

</Menu>

<Menu label="Send To, Layer, Stick--SELECT">
<Menu label="Send To">
<Program label="1">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t0</Program>
<Program label="2">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t1</Program>
<Program label="3">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t2</Program>
<Program label="4">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t3</Program>
<Program label="5">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t4</Program>
<Program label="6">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t5</Program>
<Program label="7">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t6</Program>
<Program label="8">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t7</Program>
<Program label="9">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t8</Program>
<Program label="10">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t9</Program>
<Program label="11">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t10</Program>
<Program label="12">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t11</Program>
<Program label="13">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t12</Program>
<Program label="14">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t13</Program>
<Program label="15">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t14</Program>
<Program label="16">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t15</Program>
<Program label="17">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t16</Program>
<Program label="18">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t17</Program>
<Program label="19">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t18</Program>
<Program label="20">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t19</Program>
<Program label="21">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t20</Program>
<Program label="22">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t21</Program>
<Program label="23">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t22</Program>
<Program label="24">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -t23</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="Layer">
<Program label="below">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b add,below</Program>
<Program label="normal">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,above,below</Program>
<Program label="above">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b add,above</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="Stick/Unstick">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b toggle,sticky</Program>
<Program label="Stick">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b add,sticky</Program>
<Program label="Unstick">wmctrl -r :SELECT: -b remove,sticky</Program>

<Minimize/>
<Maximize/>
<Close/>
<Kill/>
</Menu>
<Menu label="size and placement 2, active">
<Program label="x=0" icon="">x0a</Program>
<Program label="x=100" icon="">x100a</Program>
<Program label="x=200" icon="">x200a</Program>
<Program label="x=300" icon="">x300a</Program>
<Program label="x=400" icon="">x400a</Program>
<Program label="x=500" icon="">x500a</Program>
<Program label="x=600" icon="">x600a</Program>
<Program label="x=700" icon="">x700a</Program>
<Program label="x=800" icon="">x800a</Program>
<Program label="x=900" icon="">x900a</Program>
<Program label="x=1000" icon="">x1000a</Program>
<Program label="x=1100" icon="">x1100a</Program>
<Program label="x=1200" icon="">x1200a</Program>
<Program label="x=1300" icon="">x1300a</Program>
<Program label="x=1400" icon="">x1400a</Program>
<Program label="x=1500" icon="">x1500a</Program>
<Program label="x=1600" icon="">x1600a</Program>
<Program label="x=1800" icon="">x1800a</Program>
<Program label="x=2000" icon="">x2000a</Program>
<Program label="x=2200" icon="">x2200a</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Program label="y=0" icon="">y0a</Program>
<Program label="y=50" icon="">y50a</Program>
<Program label="y=100" icon="">y100a</Program>
<Program label="y=150" icon="">y150a</Program>
<Program label="y=200" icon="">y200a</Program>
<Program label="y=250" icon="">y250a</Program>
<Program label="y=300" icon="">y300a</Program>
<Program label="y=350" icon="">y350a</Program>
<Program label="y=400" icon="">y400a</Program>
<Program label="y=450" icon="">y450a</Program>
<Program label="y=550" icon="">y550a</Program>
<Program label="y=650" icon="">y650a</Program>
<Program label="y=750" icon="">y750a</Program>
<Program label="y=850" icon="">y850a</Program>
<Program label="y=950" icon="">y950a</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Program label="250" icon="">250a</Program>
<Program label="300" icon="">300a</Program>
<Program label="350" icon="">350a</Program>
<Program label="450" icon="">450a</Program>
<Program label="500" icon="">500a</Program>
<Program label="550" icon="">550a</Program>
<Program label="650" icon="">650a</Program>
<Program label="750" icon="">750a</Program>
<Program label="850" icon="">850a</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="w400h300" icon="">w400h300a</Program>
<Program label="w450h300" icon="">w450h300a</Program>
<Program label="w500h400" icon="">w500h400a</Program>
<Program label="w550h400" icon="">w550h400a</Program>
<Program label="w600h500" icon="">w600h500a</Program>
<Program label="w650h500" icon="">w650h500a</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="w300h400" icon="">w300h400a</Program>
<Program label="w300h450" icon="">w300h450a</Program>
<Program label="w400h500" icon="">w400h500a</Program>
<Program label="w400h550" icon="">w400h550a</Program>
<Program label="w500h600" icon="">w500h600a</Program>
<Program label="w500h650" icon="">w500h650a</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="upper left /2" icon="">upl2a</Program>
<Program label="upper left /3" icon="">upl3a</Program>
<Program label="upper left /4" icon="">upl4a</Program>
<Program label="upper left /5" icon="">upl5a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /2" icon="">lwl2a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /3" icon="">lwl3a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /4" icon="">lwl4a</Program>
<Program label="lower left /5" icon="">lwl5a</Program>
</Menu>
<Program label="upper right /2" icon="">upr2a</Program>
<Program label="upper right /3" icon="">upr3a</Program>
<Program label="upper right /4" icon="">upr4a</Program>
<Program label="upper right /5" icon="">upr5a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /2" icon="">lwr2a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /3" icon="">lwr3a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /4" icon="">lwr4a</Program>
<Program label="lower right /5" icon="">lwr5a</Program>
</Menu>

</Menu>
</Menu>

<Menu label="size and placement 2, select">

<Program label="x=0" icon="">x0</Program>
<Program label="x=100" icon="">x100</Program>
<Program label="x=200" icon="">x200</Program>
<Program label="x=300" icon="">x300</Program>
<Program label="x=400" icon="">x400</Program>
<Program label="x=500" icon="">x500</Program>
<Program label="x=600" icon="">x600</Program>
<Program label="x=700" icon="">x700</Program>
<Program label="x=800" icon="">x800</Program>
<Program label="x=900" icon="">x900</Program>
<Program label="x=1000" icon="">x1000</Program>
<Program label="x=1100" icon="">x1100</Program>
<Program label="x=1200" icon="">x1200</Program>
<Program label="x=1300" icon="">x1300</Program>
<Program label="x=1400" icon="">x1400</Program>
<Program label="x=1500" icon="">x1500</Program>
<Program label="x=1600" icon="">x1600</Program>
<Program label="x=1800" icon="">x1800</Program>
<Program label="x=2000" icon="">x2000</Program>
<Program label="x=2200" icon="">x2200</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Program label="y=0" icon="">y0</Program>
<Program label="y=50" icon="">y50</Program>
<Program label="y=100" icon="">y100</Program>
<Program label="y=150" icon="">y150</Program>
<Program label="y=200" icon="">y200</Program>
<Program label="y=250" icon="">y250</Program>
<Program label="y=300" icon="">y300</Program>
<Program label="y=350" icon="">y350</Program>
<Program label="y=400" icon="">y400</Program>
<Program label="y=450" icon="">y450</Program>
<Program label="y=550" icon="">y550</Program>
<Program label="y=650" icon="">y650</Program>
<Program label="y=750" icon="">y750</Program>
<Program label="y=850" icon="">y850</Program>
<Program label="y=950" icon="">y950</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

<Program label="250" icon="">250</Program>
<Program label="300" icon="">300</Program>
<Program label="350" icon="">350</Program>
<Program label="450" icon="">450</Program>
<Program label="500" icon="">500</Program>
<Program label="550" icon="">550</Program>
<Program label="650" icon="">650</Program>
<Program label="750" icon="">750</Program>
<Program label="850" icon="">850</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="w400h300" icon="">w400h300</Program>
<Program label="w450h300" icon="">w450h300</Program>
<Program label="w500h400" icon="">w500h400</Program>
<Program label="w550h400" icon="">w550h400</Program>
<Program label="w600h500" icon="">w600h500</Program>
<Program label="w650h500" icon="">w650h500</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="w300h400" icon="">w300h400</Program>
<Program label="w300h450" icon="">w300h450</Program>
<Program label="w400h500" icon="">w400h500</Program>
<Program label="w400h550" icon="">w400h550</Program>
<Program label="w500h600" icon="">w500h600</Program>
<Program label="w500h650" icon="">w500h650</Program>
</Menu>

<Program label="upper left /2" icon="">upl2</Program>
<Program label="upper left /3" icon="">upl3</Program>
<Program label="upper left /4" icon="">upl4</Program>
<Program label="upper left /5" icon="">upl5</Program>
<Program label="lower left /2" icon="">lwl2</Program>
<Program label="lower left /3" icon="">lwl3</Program>
<Program label="lower left /4" icon="">lwl4</Program>
<Program label="lower left /5" icon="">lwl5</Program>
</Menu>
<Program label="upper right /2" icon="">upr2</Program>
<Program label="upper right /3" icon="">upr3</Program>
<Program label="upper right /4" icon="">upr4</Program>
<Program label="upper right /5" icon="">upr5</Program>
<Program label="lower right /2" icon="">lwr2</Program>
<Program label="lower right /3" icon="">lwr3</Program>
<Program label="lower right /4" icon="">lwr4</Program>
<Program label="lower right /5" icon="">lwr5</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>
</Menu>
</JWM>

the nwp menu now includes the codes above for making multiple copies of files and directories in addition to the highlight and make a bookmark scripts and the mine for paths and files/vgt-bookmark helper scripts. it's also got the panels sets, the pinboards, the menus submenu, and the jwm10config quickswitch menu:

Quote:

<JWM>
<Menu label="NWP+" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="VTG" icon="">vtg</Program>

<Menu label="menus submenu" icon="" height="16">
<Include>/root/places_submenu</Include>
<Desktops></Desktops>
<Program label="ROXTerm" icon="roxterm.xpm">roxterm</Program>
<Program label="winswitcher" icon="">winswitcher</Program>
<Program label="windows menu" icon="" >xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+w</Program>
<Program label="showdesktop" icon="" >xdotool key alt+shift+Down</Program>
<Program label="r1" icon="" >xdotool key alt+1</Program>
<Program label="r2" icon="" >xdotool key alt+2</Program>
<Program label="r3" icon="" >xdotool key alt+3</Program>
<Program label="r4" icon="" >xdotool key alt+4</Program>
<Program label="r5" icon="" >xdotool key alt+5</Program>
<Program label="r6" icon="" >xdotool key alt+6</Program>
<Program label="r7" icon="" >xdotool key alt+7</Program>
<Program label="r8" icon="" >xdotool key alt+8</Program>
<Program label="r9" icon="" >xdotool key alt+9</Program>
<Program label="r0" icon="" >xdotool key alt+0</Program>
<Program label="3but" icon="">3but</Program>

</Menu>

<Menu label="make bookmarks and launchables" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="template: list dir paths as txt" icon="">xdotool type 'find $PWD /root/my-applications/bin > /root/myapbin1; geany /root/myapbin1'</Program>
<Program label="template: list dir contents by name (all, w/ subdir)" icon="">xdotool type 'ls -a -R /usr/share/applications > /root/pupaps1; geany /root/pupaps1'</Program>
<Program label="template: list dir contents by name" icon="">xdotool type 'ls /usr/share/applications > /root/pupaps1; geany /root/pupaps1'</Program>

<Program label="to open with rox" icon="">rxmkr</Program>

<Program label="to open with geany" icon="">gmkr</Program>
<Program label="to open with leafpad" icon="">lpmkr</Program>

<Program label="to open with libreoffice--writer" icon="">lowmkr</Program>
<Program label="plain quotation marks around path" icon="">plainquotesmkr</Program>

<Program label="to open with firefox" icon="">ffmkr</Program>
<Program label="to open with palemoon" icon="">pmmkr</Program>
<Program label="to open with seamonkey " icon="">smmkr</Program>

<Program label="to open with mtpaint" icon="">mtmkr</Program>
<Program label="to open with viewnoir" icon="">vnmkr</Program>

<Program label="to open with vlc" icon="">vlcmkr</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="NWPT" icon="" height="16">

<Program label="poetry" icon="">htmltemplatepref</Program>
<Program label="other" icon="">htmltxtwptemplate</Program>
<Program label="#!/bin/sh" icon="">scripttemplate</Program>
<Separator/>

<Menu label="paste and place" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="Bold" icon="">swnwpb</Program>
<Program label="Italics" icon="">swnwpi</Program>
<Program label="Underline" icon="">swnwpu</Program>
<Program label="Subscript" icon="">swnwpsub</Program>
<Program label="Superscript" icon="">swnwpsup</Program>
<Program label="Strikethrough" icon="">swnwpstrk</Program>
<Program label="Big" icon="">swnwpbig</Program>
<Program label="Small" icon="">swnwpsm</Program>
<Program label="linebreak" icon="">linebreak</Program>

<Program label="comment" icon="">snwpcomment</Program>

<Separator/>
<Program label="preserved breaks and spaces" icon="">preotry</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="paragraph" icon="">paragraph</Program>
<Program label="parleft" icon="">parleft</Program>
<Program label="parright" icon="">parright</Program>
<Program label="parcenter" icon="">parcenter</Program>
<Program label="parjustify" icon="">parjustify</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="nwpbkmrk" icon="">nwpbkmrk</Program>
<Program label="blockquote" icon="">nwpblockquote</Program>
<Program label="quote" icon="">quote</Program>
<Separator/>
<Program label="heading1" icon="">snwph1</Program>
<Program label="heading2" icon="">snwph2</Program>
<Program label="heading3" icon="">snwph3</Program>
<Program label="heading4" icon="">snwph4</Program>
<Program label="heading5" icon="">snwph5</Program>
<Program label="heading6" icon="">snwph6</Program>
</Menu>

<Separator/>
<Program label="xpad" icon="">xpad</Program>
<Program label="geany" icon="">geany</Program>
<Program label="leafpad" icon="">leafpad</Program>

<Menu label="VGT and NWP, help and sup" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="NWP help" icon="">geany /root/my-applications/bin/nwp.readme</Program>
<Program label="xpad--backup" icon="">xpad-backup</Program>
<Program label="xpad--clear" icon="">xpad-clear</Program>
<Program label="5 copies template--directories">xdotool type 'for f in TTT{2..6} ; do cp -r TTT ; done'</Program>
<Program label="5 copies template">xdotool type 'for f in TTT{2..6}.txt ; do cp TTT.txt ; done'</Program>
<Program label="Search_files_databases" icon="/usr/share/icons/sportsbag32-vert.png">/root/my-applications/SLocate/SrchFilesLst-01l.sh</Program>
<Program label="Update_files_databases" icon="/usr/share/icons/sportsbag32-vert.png">/root/my-applications/SLocate/MntFilesLst-01l.sh</Program>
<Program label="pfind" icon="">pfind</Program>
<Program label="recoll" icon="">recoll</Program>
<Program label="pm css" icon="">palemoon http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_css.asp</Program>
<Program label="ffdrive" icon="">firefox https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/</Program>
<Program label="pmdrive" icon="">palemoon https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/</Program>
<Program label="goldendict" icon="">goldendict</Program>
<Program label="gFnRenam" icon="">gfnrename</Program>
<Program label="gfontsel" icon="">gfontsel</Program>
<Program label="gcolor" icon="">gcolor2</Program>
</Menu>

<Separator/>
<Menu label="highlight text then click to apply" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="preserved breaks and spaces" icon="">preformatted</Program>
<Program label="heading1" icon="">nwph1</Program>
<Program label="heading2" icon="">nwph2</Program>
<Program label="heading3" icon="">nwph3</Program>
<Program label="heading4" icon="">nwph4</Program>
<Program label="heading5" icon="">nwph5</Program>
<Program label="heading6" icon="">nwph6</Program>
<Separator/>

<Program label="comment" icon="">nwpcomment</Program>

<Program label="Bold" icon="">nwpb</Program>
<Program label="Italics" icon="">nwpi</Program>
<Program label="Underline" icon="">nwpu</Program>
<Program label="Subscript" icon="">nwpsub</Program>
<Program label="Superscript" icon="">nwpsup</Program>
<Program label="Strikethrough" icon="">nwpstrk</Program>
<Program label="Big" icon="">nwpbig</Program>
<Program label="Small" icon="">nwpsm</Program>
<Program label="paragraph" icon="">paragraphhl</Program>
<Program label="nwpleft" icon="">nwpleft</Program>
<Program label="nwpright" icon="">nwpright</Program>
<Program label="nwpcenter" icon="">nwpcenter</Program>
<Program label="nwpjustify" icon="">nwpjust</Program>
</Menu>

</Menu>

<Menu label="jwm config switch" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="gjwm">gjwm</Program>
<Program label="my3">my3</Program>
<Program label="my30">my30</Program>
<Program label="my31">my31</Program>
<Program label="my32">my32</Program>
<Program label="my33">my33</Program>
<Program label="my34">my34</Program>
<Program label="my35">my35</Program>
<Program label="my36">my36</Program>
<Program label="my37">my37</Program>
<Program label="my38">my38</Program>
<Program label="my39">my39</Program>
<Program label="orig3">orig3</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="panels and pinboards" icon="" height="16">
<Menu label="panels" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="p1">p1</Program>
<Program label="p2">p2</Program>
<Program label="p3">p3</Program>
<Program label="p4">p4</Program>
<Program label="p5">p5</Program>
<Program label="p6">p6</Program>
<Program label="p7">p7</Program>
<Program label="p8">p8</Program>
<Program label="p9">p9</Program>
</Menu>

<Menu label="pinboards" icon="" height="16">
<Program label="pp1">pp1</Program>
<Program label="pp2">pp2</Program>
<Program label="ppold">ppo</Program>
<Program label="pp3">pp3</Program>
<Program label="pp4">pp4</Program>
<Program label="pp5">pp5</Program>
<Program label="pp6">pp6</Program>
</Menu>
</Menu>

</JWM>

name this one nwp415, place in root, get it on the menus with <Include>/root/nwp415</Include> and a jwm -restart or jwm -reload entered into the terminal or launched from VTG. (you could also use the the gui).

Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 21:09; edited 1 time in total
Page 3 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: