Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 03:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
SpaceFM 0.9.4 - File manager
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Author Message
ASRI éducation


Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 2540
Location: France

PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct 2014, 14:34    Post subject:  SpaceFM 0.9.4 - File manager
Subject description: Compiled on Precise 5.7.1
 

I just found SpaceFM, through discussion initiated by bark_bark_bark http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81826

SpaceFM seems like a good solution (in addition to Rox).
Therefore, allow me propose the latest version: compiled with Precise Puppy CE 5.7.1.
Code:
./configure --disable-desktop-integration --disable-pixmaps


Download bin/doc/nls => http://sourceforge.net/projects/asriedu/files/asriedu_packages/asriedu_packages_dev/spacefm

Regards
spacefm-0.9.4-0_a.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   80.78 KB
 Viewed   317 Time(s)

spacefm-0.9.4-0_a.jpg

spacefm-0.9.4-0_b.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   67.99 KB
 Viewed   316 Time(s)

spacefm-0.9.4-0_b.jpg

spacefm-0.9.4-0.png
 Description   
 Filesize   67.75 KB
 Viewed   456 Time(s)

spacefm-0.9.4-0.png


_________________
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Dépôt | Espace kids

Last edited by ASRI éducation on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 05:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
cimarron

Joined: 30 May 2013
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct 2014, 18:18    Post subject:  

I've been a fan of SpaceFM for a while. Thanks for this version update!

I'm happy to see that 0.9.4 allows dragging multiple items, which 0.8.2 did not. And the new device menu is useful. I can't get to Preferences, though. When I click on View/Preferences, nothing happens. I carried over my settings from my previous install, so everything is already as I like it, but wanted to mention that apparent bug.

SpaceFM is extremely customizable. Mine's below:
spacefm.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   51.9 KB
 Viewed   349 Time(s)

spacefm.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ASRI éducation


Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 2540
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct 2014, 05:21    Post subject:  

cimarron wrote:
I've been a fan of SpaceFM for a while. Thanks for this version update!

I'm happy to see that 0.9.4 allows dragging multiple items, which 0.8.2 did not. And the new device menu is useful. I can't get to Preferences, though. When I click on View/Preferences, nothing happens. I carried over my settings from my previous install, so everything is already as I like it, but wanted to mention that apparent bug.

SpaceFM is extremely customizable. Mine's below:

Can you specify which version of Puppy used?
With Precise Puppy base, everything seems ok (see screenshots of the first message).
Regards

_________________
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Dépôt | Espace kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
cimarron

Joined: 30 May 2013
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct 2014, 08:02    Post subject:  

It's vicmz's OB Precise, "based on Precise 5.7.1, as built by Woof-CE 0.3 with the same kernel 3.9.11 PAE."

I uninstalled SpaceFM 0.8.2 first, then installed your 0.9.4 pet. Maybe there's some configuration remnants from the previous install...

EDIT: After some experimenting, I found that if I moved the spacefm directory (with all the ui files) in /usr/share to /usr/local/share then everything worked fine. That directory was apparently moved between 0.8.2 and 0.9.4.

Thanks again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ASRI éducation


Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 2540
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct 2014, 09:43    Post subject:  

cimarron wrote:
EDIT: After some experimenting, I found that if I moved the spacefm directory (with all the ui files) in /usr/share to /usr/local/share then everything worked fine. That directory was apparently moved between 0.8.2 and 0.9.4.

Yes, I did.
This was not necessarily a good idea...

_________________
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Dépôt | Espace kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Pelo


Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 3224
Location: Mer méditerrannée (1 kms°)

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct 2014, 21:03    Post subject: XFCE Slacko 5.3.3 (Jejy69) on test  

SpaceFM feed back
Slacko XFCE :
Something missing, trying to resolve : "(spacefm:13831): pup-volume-monitor-WARNING **: Module loaded successfully
spacefm: symbol lookup error: spacefm: undefined symbol: g_mutex_new"

_________________
Puppy, il ne lui manque que la parole !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
charlie6


Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 1015
Location: South of Belgium

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:43    Post subject:  

Bonjour ASRI,
Hi cimarron,
Many thanks for this thread ... SpaceFM looks very attractive even if its developer IgnorantGuru (tons of thanks to him) has choosen to take a break in its development..
ASRI éducation wrote:
cimarron wrote:
EDIT: After some experimenting, I found that if I moved the spacefm directory (with all the ui files) in /usr/share to /usr/local/share then everything worked fine. That directory was apparently moved between 0.8.2 and 0.9.4.

Yes, I did.
This was not necessarily a good idea...


I got SpaceFM-0.9.4 compiled (in wheezy-3.5.2.11) using the --prefix/usr option (as far as i good remember...) recommended for compilation inside Puppy:
Code:
./configure --prefix/usr --disable-desktop-integration --disable-pixmaps

the binary executable is then located in /usr/bin/spacefm;
icons are located in /usr/share/icons/...etc...
No need to copy/move diectories, create symlinks ...etc...
There is no /local intermediate subdirectory.

I indeed first tried:
Code:
./configure --disable-desktop-integration --disable-pixmaps

then the SpaceFM menu entry cannot find its icon, even if /usr/local/share/applications/spacefm.desktop has been edited using the expilcit icon location /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/spacefm.png

Btw: also thanks also to forum member bark bark bark.
Hope this helps Smile

Cheers, Charlie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ASRI éducation


Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 2540
Location: France

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct 2014, 16:06    Post subject:  

charlie6 wrote:
Code:
./configure --prefix/usr --disable-desktop-integration --disable-pixmaps

...
Hope this helps Smile

Hello (Bonjour) Charlie
Of course it helps!
Thank you.

_________________
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Dépôt | Espace kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
cimarron

Joined: 30 May 2013
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct 2014, 16:30    Post subject:  

I'll add this here also, as someone might find it useful...

I wrote a little script (copied most of it, actually) to easily mount drives from within SpaceFM. By default (for me, at least) SpaceFM launches pmount when attempting to mount a drive. But if you right-click in the drive pane and choose Settings, Mount Command, you can specify an alternative mount process. The new "devices" menu also offers this option.

I put "mounter %v" (no quotes) there and put this script in /usr/local/bin, named "mounter" (and given execute permissions):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#used by SpaceFM to mount drives

DEV=$1
DEVNAME="`echo -n "$DEV" | cut -f 3 -d '/'`"
mkdir /mnt/$DEVNAME
mount /dev/$DEVNAME /mnt/$DEVNAME


Works well, without launching pmount. And in Settings, Unmount Command, I put "umount -l %v" (no quotes) to easily unmount drives from within SpaceFM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ASRI éducation


Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 2540
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue 21 Oct 2014, 06:55    Post subject:  

cimarron wrote:
I'll add this here also, as someone might find it useful...

I wrote a little script (copied most of it, actually) to easily mount drives from within SpaceFM. By default (for me, at least) SpaceFM launches pmount when attempting to mount a drive. But if you right-click in the drive pane and choose Settings, Mount Command, you can specify an alternative mount process. The new "devices" menu also offers this option.

I put "mounter %v" (no quotes) there and put this script in /usr/local/bin, named "mounter" (and given execute permissions):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#used by SpaceFM to mount drives

DEV=$1
DEVNAME="`echo -n "$DEV" | cut -f 3 -d '/'`"
mkdir /mnt/$DEVNAME
mount /dev/$DEVNAME /mnt/$DEVNAME


Works well, without launching pmount. And in Settings, Unmount Command, I put "umount -l %v" (no quotes) to easily unmount drives from within SpaceFM.

Probably a good solution.
It could be integrate in the package 'pet' (via the use of a pinstall).
What is the opinion of other users/testers/contributors?

_________________
Projet ASRI éducation => Association | Forum | Dépôt | Espace kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
rg66


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 549
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada / Entebbe, Uganda Africa!?!

PostPosted: Tue 21 Oct 2014, 07:20    Post subject:  

No script necessary to get rid of using pmount, just add
Code:
DRV=`echo %v | awk -F'/' '{print $3}'`; mkdir -p /mnt/$DRV && mount %v /mnt/$DRV
to Devices > Settings > Mount Command and
Code:
umount %v
to Unmount Command
_________________
Carolite-1.2 / Carolina-1.2 / X-precise-2.4 / X-slacko-2.2
Carolina
X-precise/X-slacko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Filesystem
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0823s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0052s) ][ GZIP on ]