Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 30 Sep 2014, 02:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
XBMC for LxPup14.09
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
peebee

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 04:18    Post subject:  XBMC for LxPup14.09
Subject description: XBMC 13.2 "Gotham"

I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).

I made it using the components from SlaXBMC.

WARNING: loads all sorts of dependencies (Python, Samba, Pulseaudio, SQLite to name a few) so recommend test on a sandboxed frugal install.

It may run on Slacko6Beta2 (untested).

If you have NVidia graphics then you may need to install the proprietary nvidia drivers (doesn't work properly with nouveau on my desktop). Similar may apply to other graphics.

I'd be interested to know if anybody in the UK can get the C4 On demand add-on to work.....or can work out why they don't Wink

Cheers
peebee
xbmc_about.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   44.47 KB
 Viewed   136 Time(s)

xbmc_about.jpg

Last edited by peebee on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 02:12; edited 2 times in total
Gooplusplus

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 09:25    Post subject: Re: XBMC for LxPup14.09  

peebee wrote:
I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).

I added your XBMC 13.2 SFS to Lx Pup "Tahr" 14.09. I noted that an XBMC Media Center menu entry was correctly added to the Multimedia section.

However, it did nothing when clicked. I also changed to absolute paths /usr/bin/xbmc and /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone with no effect.

---

An unrelated issue exists with the setup of LXterminal.

The LX Pup default light gray background would be fine by itself but since the commonly used "ls -l" command is colorized, the resulting lightgreen on light gray is unreadable.

I believe that Puppy should strive to be as "just works" newbie-friendly as possible, I suggest changing the default LXterminal foreground and background color setting.
666philb

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:49    Post subject:  

hi peebee ..... this iplayer plugin is working for me on 13.1 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:IPlayer

no luck with 4od though

peebee

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:13    Post subject: Re: XBMC for LxPup14.09  

Gooplusplus wrote:
peebee wrote:

I added your XBMC 13.2 SFS to Lx Pup "Tahr" 14.09. I noted that an XBMC Media Center menu entry was correctly added to the Multimedia section.

However, it did nothing when clicked. I also changed to absolute paths /usr/bin/xbmc and /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone with no effect.

---

An unrelated issue exists with the setup of LXterminal.

The LX Pup default light gray background would be fine by itself but since the commonly used "ls -l" command is colorized, the resulting lightgreen on light gray is unreadable.

I believe that Puppy should strive to be as "just works" newbie-friendly as possible, I suggest changing the default LXterminal foreground and background color setting.

Hi @Gooplusplus

The sfs is not intended for LxPupTahr - it is a Slacko = Slackware build from SlaXBMC components.

LxTerminal colours - noted, will fix in next issue.

Cheers
peebee

peebee

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 15:35    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
hi peebee ..... this iplayer plugin is working for me on 13.1 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:IPlayer

no luck with 4od though

Oops....

I'd missed the rtmpdump package - now included and re-uploaded - BBC iPlayer is go.

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: