Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 30 Sep 2014, 02:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
XBMC for LxPup14.09
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Author Message
peebee


Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 1434
Location: Malvern, Worcs, UK

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 04:18    Post subject:  XBMC for LxPup14.09
Subject description: XBMC 13.2 "Gotham"
 

I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).

I made it using the components from SlaXBMC.

WARNING: loads all sorts of dependencies (Python, Samba, Pulseaudio, SQLite to name a few) so recommend test on a sandboxed frugal install.

It may run on Slacko6Beta2 (untested).

If you have NVidia graphics then you may need to install the proprietary nvidia drivers (doesn't work properly with nouveau on my desktop). Similar may apply to other graphics.

I'd be interested to know if anybody in the UK can get the C4 On demand add-on to work.....or can work out why they don't Wink

Cheers
peebee
xbmc_about.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   44.47 KB
 Viewed   136 Time(s)

xbmc_about.jpg


_________________
LxPup-14.03 = Puppy + LXDE

Last edited by peebee on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 02:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Gooplusplus


Joined: 04 Sep 2013
Posts: 21
Location: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 09:25    Post subject: Re: XBMC for LxPup14.09  

peebee wrote:
I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).


I added your XBMC 13.2 SFS to Lx Pup "Tahr" 14.09. I noted that an XBMC Media Center menu entry was correctly added to the Multimedia section.

However, it did nothing when clicked. I also changed to absolute paths /usr/bin/xbmc and /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone with no effect.

---

An unrelated issue exists with the setup of LXterminal.

The LX Pup default light gray background would be fine by itself but since the commonly used "ls -l" command is colorized, the resulting lightgreen on light gray is unreadable.

I believe that Puppy should strive to be as "just works" newbie-friendly as possible, I suggest changing the default LXterminal foreground and background color setting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
666philb


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 1722
Location: wales

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:49    Post subject:  

hi peebee ..... this iplayer plugin is working for me on 13.1 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:IPlayer

no luck with 4od though

_________________
Quickpet_Precise, install popular apps quickly http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=83642
LÖVE2d, a collection of 27 lua gameshttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76739
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
peebee


Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 1434
Location: Malvern, Worcs, UK

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:13    Post subject: Re: XBMC for LxPup14.09  

Gooplusplus wrote:
peebee wrote:
I have uploaded an SFS of XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" (c.60MB) which runs on LxPup14.09 (Slacko flavour).


I added your XBMC 13.2 SFS to Lx Pup "Tahr" 14.09. I noted that an XBMC Media Center menu entry was correctly added to the Multimedia section.

However, it did nothing when clicked. I also changed to absolute paths /usr/bin/xbmc and /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone with no effect.

---

An unrelated issue exists with the setup of LXterminal.

The LX Pup default light gray background would be fine by itself but since the commonly used "ls -l" command is colorized, the resulting lightgreen on light gray is unreadable.

I believe that Puppy should strive to be as "just works" newbie-friendly as possible, I suggest changing the default LXterminal foreground and background color setting.


Hi @Gooplusplus

The sfs is not intended for LxPupTahr - it is a Slacko = Slackware build from SlaXBMC components.

LxTerminal colours - noted, will fix in next issue.

Cheers
peebee

_________________
LxPup-14.03 = Puppy + LXDE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
peebee


Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 1434
Location: Malvern, Worcs, UK

PostPosted: Mon 22 Sep 2014, 15:35    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
hi peebee ..... this iplayer plugin is working for me on 13.1 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:IPlayer

no luck with 4od though


Oops....

I'd missed the rtmpdump package - now included and re-uploaded - BBC iPlayer is go.

_________________
LxPup-14.03 = Puppy + LXDE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0543s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0047s) ][ GZIP on ]