Puppy Precise 5.7.1 and Canon Mx 515 drivers printer/scanner

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
prnt_prbl

Puppy Precise 5.7.1 and Canon Mx 515 drivers printer/scanner

#1 Post by prnt_prbl »

Ok so I have a big problem.
I have installed Puppy Precise to a relatives PC. Unfortunately I didn't even think about getting the printer to work.....and we live on opposite sides of the country.

I have found several Linux drivers for the Canon mx 515. (multi print/copy/scan/fax)

See those Linux drivers.

If you see there are drivers both for print and scan.

Now a generic Linux driver should work for Puppy Linux, yes?
Is there a way I can package those drivers as a PET files so it will install correctly after downloading and double clicking?

Part of the problem here is that I have no physical access to printer. So I hope for a way to package the drivers (print and scan) into PET's files so my relative can just double click and have it work.

I tried solving this over the phone using CUPS but no matter what we couldn't get printer working.

I have searched forum and web without luck for PET files for this printer/scanner.

Help would be much appreciated.

Note that the drivers shows up as mx 510 rather then mx 515 but apperently so was the windows drivers.

prnt_prbl

#2 Post by prnt_prbl »

I did not do my homework before starting this thread.
Drivers for the Canon Mx 515 already exist on the forum, thx to @rcrsn51.
In fact to a wide varations of canon printers.

Here are the PET for Canon Mx 515.

If you need drivers for any Canon printers or scanners please search in the that thread. It contains for most printers and scanners from Canon I think.