MyDbox,interactive Dropbox installer (cloud storage utility)

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Argolance

#46 Post by Argolance »

jmm wrote:merci pour l'info.
De rien!
:idea: ... Feedback is welcomed!

Argolance

#47 Post by Argolance »

Obsolete
Last edited by Argolance on Thu 22 Nov 2018, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.

Whitesnow

Fork of MyDbox project named as original one

#48 Post by Whitesnow »

Argolance wrote:Bonjour,
:arrow: MyDox 1.2.4 available.

Cordialement.
Hello Argolance,

MyDbox is not an orphan project, only a software that seems to already fit most of Puppy official (maybe not all puplet) user needs as it is now (my last version 1.2), therefore it's not frequently upgraded.
In case of doubts about its development, everybody can find my e-mail address in source code and, if Puppy forum user, can also write me in private mode. It would have been nice if you did it. Instead, I just saw (due to a notification problem) your package (in multiple versions), named as my original MyDbox.
I my opinion, yours is a fork of my project. Actually, my software's philosophy is very different from yours. For example (not the only one), mine is acting like "a ghost" on the user box, leaving a very clean system, only Dropbox and an option to uninstall.
To avoid confusion and allow me to continue my work when really needed (at my discretion, bugs, user requests, etc.), I ask you to rename your project and rename your thread about MyDbox with that new name.

Thank you.

Regards.
[b][i][color=darkred][size=134]*.* Snow *.*[/size][/color][/i][/b] :wink:

slavvo67

#49 Post by slavvo67 »

Whitesnow:

Good to see you're still around. It's been a while.

Best,

Slavvo67

Whitesnow

Thank forum people

#50 Post by Whitesnow »

slavvo67 wrote:Whitesnow:

Good to see you're still around.
Hi Slaavo67, thanks! :)
slavvo67 wrote:It's been a while.
I'm working on new MyDbox right now, so I'll be still around. :lol:

@forum people/Puppy Linux users: THANK YOU :) <3 for all your feedbacks and downloads of this software (counter, on first post of this thread, marks less than true, because early MyDbox versions were deleted, instead of updated, and it isn't counting downloads from my repo and Tahr PM downloads - official thanks to 666philb who had trusted this little utility <3 :) -).
[b][i][color=darkred][size=134]*.* Snow *.*[/size][/color][/i][/b] :wink:

Argolance

#51 Post by Argolance »

Hello Whitesnow,
Whitesnow wrote:Hello Argolance,

MyDbox is not an orphan project, only a software that seems to already fit most of Puppy official (maybe not all puplet) user needs as it is now (my last version 1.2), therefore it's not frequently upgraded.
In case of doubts about its development, everybody can find my e-mail address in source code and, if Puppy forum user, can also write me in private mode. It would have been nice if you did it. Instead, I just saw (due to a notification problem) your package (in multiple versions), named as my original MyDbox.
I my opinion, yours is a fork of my project. Actually, my software's philosophy is very different from yours. For example (not the only one), mine is acting like "a ghost" on the user box, leaving a very clean system, only Dropbox and an option to uninstall.
To avoid confusion and allow me to continue my work when really needed (at my discretion, bugs, user requests, etc.), I ask you to rename your project and rename your thread about MyDbox with that new name.
I discover your messages by chance, long after you have written them! Although you haven't surfaced since then, glad to know you're still around. Absolutely sorry for taking over without your permission :oops:.
I am just wondering why you didn't send me a PM? I would have corrected things immediately.
Here is the translation of the introduction of my thread:
Argolance wrote:Whitesnow, the creator of MyDbox, seems to have been absent from the Forum for almost two years. I hope not to offend him by proposing this package that I did not call other than the original and based on the "pinstall.sh" file of the package that I allowed myself to make a small independent application that can work on almost all Puppies.
By giving it the same name, I thought I was doing you credit...

Again, my apologies!

[EDIT Thu Nov 22, 2018]: renamed as :arrow: DropBoxUtil.

Cordialement.