How to print label for Puppy CD?

Using applications, configuring, problems
SnowDog

How to print label for Puppy CD?

#1 Post by SnowDog »

I had no idea where to post this one, so bear with me?

I have been collecting some prices for blank cd's & dvd/'s, (pre-printed) for use as puppy distribution disks. I really have no idea what I'm doing in graphic arts programs and even less comprehension of printing processes.
I found this http://www.duplication.ca/printspecs/cd-silkscreen.htm, which gives an explanation of how the whole printing process works with silkscreening.

Does anyone here know about this stuff? Can someone recommend specs for a puppy cdlabel, that will be okay for this kind of project?

Any further ideas, advice, suggestions, from those who have a clue, would be most appreciated.

Thanks for reading
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

Sit Heel Speak

#2 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I recently bought (and then, returned for refund) a new computer whose DVD/CD burner was called a "LightScribe" --besides burning the disc proper, it also "prints" the label side, as part of the overall burning process. I took the computer back for other reasons, without trying the LightScribe, but it is an interesting idea.

SnowDog

#3 Post by SnowDog »

Thanks for that Sit Heel Speak.
I also have considered this lightscribe idea, but the following thoughts have so far prevented it.
These burners are relatively new, so nobody really knows what their lifespan is yet.
The media cost is more expensive, although it may be worth it in the long run when compared with silkscreening.

And finally, I was/am really hoping that the community will get involved in the cd labelling contest idea and that we can come up with a sort of "officially recognized" standard label for puppy distribution.

I feel that this might be a step toward a sort of "brand recognition" type thing. Kind of like how most/many people can readily recognize a ubuntu cd from accross a room.

I just think it's a small detail, that no-one else seems to have focused on yet and since I am only able to contribute in a very limited way, felt that I might persue this as a way to help the overall promotion of puppy.

Thanks again for your thoughts
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.