Need help with installing Arabic txt editor Katoob (solved)

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
Q

#16 Post by Q »

Ez4Arabs & Salem
Don't you think it would be more appropriate if you guys continued your chat using some other ways of communication such as whatever messenger you guys use or through emails.
when you post in Arabic I doubt you will get any help since it appears that none of the experts here knows Arabic.
one more thing Ez4arabs and that is i noticed you attach large images (in this thread and others you posted in)that doesn't seem to show anything useful in helping solve the problem.did you know that images like that uses lots of bandwidth that puts more load on the owner of this forum who kindly providing it for free.
just my 2

EZ4arabs

#17 Post by EZ4arabs »

If you don't know Arabic how do you know that what Salem and I posted just chat?
and again if you don't know Arabic why would you assume that the images i attached are useless?
and it goes without saying that any puppylinux user specially new ones really appreciated what the owner of this forum is doing and you are not the only one who knows what does it take to run such a big forum money and time wise.
secondly i don't see a rank under your name which indicates that you are not an admin or a moderator in this forum and not to mention the fact that none of the admins said anything about ""us wasting the forum's resources or the expert's time.
peace to you too Q.
and now back to our discussion .
أخي الفاضل سالم
نعم الغرض من تنصيب ويندوز القديم منحك القدره على الكتابه مباشرة بأستخدام لوحة المفاتيح الفعلية،ولكن لا أعتقد انها سوف توفي لاغراضك ولذا من الأفضل استعمال لينكس آخر يتم تنصيبة بالعربية وكل القوائم والمهمات بالعربية ايضا.مثال لذلك الرابط ادناه.
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/index.php? ... &orderby=3
مع خالص تمنياتي بالتوفيق.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#18 Post by Lobster »

Localisation posts are designed for people using other languages. We prefer posts in local languages and English - even here. If that is not possible that is fine.
With communication through the net and through a language it is important to remember everyone is trying to be helpful in some way.

My browser is not set up for Arabic, Hebrew or Chinese script. For those using these languages it must be wonderful to come across posts in their native language ;)

Keep up the great work :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

EZ4arabs

#19 Post by EZ4arabs »

Lobster wrote: My browser is not set up for Arabic, Hebrew or Chinese script. For those using these languages it must be wonderful to come across posts in their native language ;)
neither mine but (I might be wrong and its just a begginer's luck)all what i did to see arabic on my browser which is firefox and sometimes seamonkey all what i did is to add unicode fonts and other fonts i downloaded that are used by windows such as [arial;Times new roman;Tahoma ,vernada)
I don't know much and in fact comparing to you i know nothing so feel free to laugh@what i said.
here is a package for the fonts i mentioned above:

MU

#20 Post by MU »

Sorry, I have overseen some messages, as the forum had some reload-problems.

In general, english is preferred here.
But especially in this localization-forum posting in other languages is ok.

1.) we have many users of different cultures, so if something "bad" should be posted, we quickly would be informed by those users who understand it.
2.) the arab posts already imply by the embedded links, that the topic is how to get arab working in linux, so it is absolutely ok and ontopic.

Concerning pictures:
Pictures are ok, or we would deactivate them.
But if possible, scale them down to max. 640x480 pixel.
This makes the forum faster for Dialup-users, and helps saving space for programs.

Some people use http://imageshack.us to upload pictures, this allows to use thumbnails like here for example:
http://fvwm.lair.be/viewtopic.php?t=1560

Best wishes to all contributors here :)
Mark

EZ4arabs

#21 Post by EZ4arabs »

salem wrote: مشكور أخى الفاضل لاكن للاسف الشديد ما فاهم شي!
هل تعنى انه يمككنى تنصيب الويندوز القديم هاك على اللينكس هون؟
هل أنت مقيم بدولة عربية أم بالخارج؟
الغرض من سؤالى انى أعشم فى ارشادى على من يستطيع معاونتى .
حاليا أقيم بالولايات المتحدة لمدة سته أشهر بولاية نيوجيرسي بمدينة نيوارك .
لعل وعسى أجد معين قريب لحجاتى الشديده لكتابة تقارير بالعربية مرتبطة بمهمتى هنا.
وشكرا جزيلا على اى مساعده منك أو من أى اخ عربى هنا.
والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
انه حقا عالم صغير وصبحان الله عز وجل يجمعنا حيثما لانحسب.
اخي الفاضل بعثت لك مرسال على بريدك الخاص .