Portable AbiWord 3.0.0

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Pelo

what do you need in 3.0.0 which is not in 2.8.6 ?

#16 Post by Pelo »

TIny Abiword : it was the same with 2.8.6 stable version. Just click to enlarge the window.
Is that not true with portable 3.0.0 ?
2nd question : what do you need in 3.0.0 which is not in 2.8.6 ?
(Abiword for windows will remain 2.8.6 version. Abiword gave up change to 3.0.0).
Attachments
tiny.jpg
(28.81 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

Médor

#17 Post by Médor »

Hi Cap'tain Troll,

As you should know, version 3.0.x is a stable version :!:

Médor.
Attachments
Capture_2015-09-19(1).jpg
(101.62 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

rufwoof

#18 Post by rufwoof »

As you should know, version 3.0.x is a stable version
That still crashes if used in earnest.

Best avoided altogether IMO. Why its still in Puppy is beyond me!!! One of the worst 'adverts' going. New user creates a doc, expands and works on it ... only to then have all their work lost.

2.8.6 was the more stable. But that's very retro now.
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]

Pelo

what is the plus in 3.0.0 ? a lot of foreign languages adde

#19 Post by Pelo »

rufwoof, merci.
2.8.6 is enough for my needs, and is stable ABI came back to this version for Windows users (90% of users)
The question would be : , what is the plus in 3.0.0 ? a lot of foreign languages added, but you don't have the keyboard layout for them...

The paragraph outline can be colored, and that is all !
But 3.0.0 still crash !
There is a huge distance between little text editors and Microsoft Word. Abiword is the only median application, And is not so bad...
Nobody speaks of bugs found in Libre office, Microsoft Office, and open Office.
The fight, the judgment is not equal. Only remember that Puppy is supposed to run full in Ram, and many of us still have computers with 512MB RAM. Libre Office installed and you can't do anything else than Typewriting
My only request is that an application does what i need, without loosing 15 minutes of typing by 'doc unavailable' after saving. Typewriting is not my cup of tea, (my glass of beer) !
Attachments
Curriculum Vitae.tar.gz
Some young students use 2.8.6 for curriculum vitae, don't they ?
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

musher0

#20 Post by musher0 »

@shinobar:

It's been a year and a half since you've created this portable version of Abiword 3.0.0 and
I'm still amazed at your work!

I've reinstalled it on the exprimental DPup_Wheezy_3.14.56.1 and it works like a charm.

Bravo, shinobar! :D
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)