How to install Korean font in Slacko?

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
gychang

How to install Korean font in Slacko?

#1 Post by gychang »

Impressed by the slacko on my x220 thinkpad. I am running google-chrome but the korean fonts do not show.

nothing comes up on PPM search, is there a fix for this ? pet file somewhere

help will be appreciated.

ally

#2 Post by ally »

which slacko version number?

:)

gychang

#3 Post by gychang »

ally wrote:which slacko version number?

:)
sorry, Slacko 6.3, 32bit.

don570

#4 Post by don570 »

quirkian2new

#5 Post by quirkian2new »

@gychang

Hello, try install the following pet package to see if it works for you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vh7jfjoib ... Kfonts.pet

* This pet was created by a forum member (i can't remember his name exactly......) long ago, to whom credit be credited to.

don570

#6 Post by don570 »

The forum member might have been Shinobar

This is still available...
http://www.smokey01.com/01micko/lucid/l ... ll-1.5.sfs

oui

#7 Post by oui »

it is the old claim of an enormous quantity of non-English native forum users... as long I frequent Puppy (2005) it was always a problem, font and keyboard layout and input methode...

but I am about certain that a font covering about all national languages (not the dialects) exists.

for Korean I am using «ungunseo» as it shows the signs in very traditional forms. it is better for students because they try to reproduce them in hand writting and write so as correct as possible... ungunseo can be used for a lot of other tongues.

(Korean font is installed of course and selected in ibus!)

in the last weeks, I did install the (ubuntu prefered) input methode ibus / ibus-hangul in Puppy's / Dog's. But no sign will appear in Puppy or Dogs allthough I do exact the same as in Ubuntu 17.04 / Debian Stretch, where they appear and where it is possible to write using Hangul signs...

an idea why?

oui

#8 Post by oui »

Hi

In complement to my message

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 6&t=106000

I am happy to amend above information:

It was possible for me to write a lot of Hangul signs (Korean writing) in an frugal started remastered installation of DebianDog-Stretch DEEPIN just before fredx did, I don't really understand why, close his thread!

The appearing of the Hangul was more or less fortuity as I did try to remaster somewhat different (I write my Hangul texts in original Debian9.0 RC2, one of the 2 full install (the second ist Ubuntu LXQT/Kubuntu 17,04 testing. Ibus-Hangul is also active in it)).

The problem in Puppy AND FRUGAL START WITHOUT SAVE FILE (I never use some save file in Puppy: For that, I have full installs from the original systems :roll: :wink: ) seems probably to be, that the ibus-hangul package needs an active deamon probably / perhaps after start to command and interprete correctly the keyboard input! And, of course, the settings have to be complete and correct as well as the installation of at least one valide Hangul font and it is not easy to test and recognize if all that is valide before new start. But without save file, you must, of course, remaster your work before new start :idea: ...