palemoon browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Semme

#91 Post by Semme »

Does *everything* encompass v10?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

giannis4

#92 Post by giannis4 »

Yes!
tahrpup 6.0 CE non PAE

Semme

#93 Post by Semme »

OK, I left you the thread.. Give it a shot.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

slavvo67

#94 Post by slavvo67 »

Is anyone experiencing issues when trying to bookmark by tapping the star? It freezes my browser for a few seconds while it bookmarks. That's in Palemoon 25.2.1

666philb

#95 Post by 666philb »

Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

slavvo67

#96 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi 666Philb:

I tried one of the install options for PepperFlash but I'm not sure if it's actually working / being utilized. Do you know of a way to determine this? It does not appear in my plug-ins.

Thanks for your help.

Slavvo67

giannis4

#97 Post by giannis4 »

I have the same problem. I' ve downloaded the deb. package for trusty, clicked on it and installed it, then I grabbed the libfreshwrapper-pepperflash. so from the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory and placed it to opt/palemoon/browser/plugins but when I start Pale Moon it does not appear in the plugins list. Any ideas ?
tahrpup 6.0 CE non PAE

peebee

#98 Post by peebee »

giannis4 wrote:I have the same problem. I' ve downloaded the deb. package for trusty, clicked on it and installed it, then I grabbed the libfreshwrapper-pepperflash. so from the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory and placed it to opt/palemoon/browser/plugins but when I start Pale Moon it does not appear in the plugins list. Any ideas ?
And me - I played with it this morning on both Palemoon on TahrPup and Firefox on Slacko6 and failed on both to get it recognised as a valid plugin........shame 'cos it looked like a good idea!

The pepperflash.so must be in the location known to freshwrapper - /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so by default although it can apparently be changed with a ~/.config/freshwrapper.conf file although I tried this and it didn't help
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Moat

#99 Post by Moat »

Installed OscarTalk's Palemoon v25 - http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/palemoon-25.2.1-i686.pet - on Precise 5.7.1, been testing, and it's pretty much flawless. 8) Smooth, responsive, all of my fav addons work... greatness!

Mini-rant on -

Mozilla has completely, utterly lost it's way with Firefox development. Every release gets bigger, slower, buggier - with no-brainer, essential functional elements being left behind, missing - whilst chasing glitzy features that nobody's asked for.

In testing a few FF versions over the last week, I've found (the otherwise excellent) mid-20's versions (25 and 24 ESR) are now displaying "Your browser is not current enough..." flags on Youtube. 31 ESR seemed a CPU hog - working really, really hard just loading images for some reason. 35 and the latest 36 are both slow to load, stuttery scrolling, noticeably higher in CPU and RAM use, and buggy (missing the context menu "reload images" is a complete deal-breaker, for me, on dialup).

FF's gone completely to pot... and it was so good, for so long. A disappointing shame. Do they even use their own product, outside of the lab??? I just don't get it... :?

Palemoon appears - now - to be everything that used to be great about FF. I just hope the Palemoon devs and crew continue to support it well into the future, without straying from this straightforward formula that makes it so good, as is.

Mini-rant off.

Bob

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#100 Post by Flash »

Moat, I get a 404 error when I try to download OscarTalks' .pet from the link you gave.

cimarron

#101 Post by cimarron »

Try this (a new version is out):
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/palemoon-25.3.0-i686.pet (28.5 MB)

666philb

#102 Post by 666philb »

the link on the first post should contain the palemoon updater, so you can always get the latest .... i don't think it works with oscartalks version though ... will need to PM him
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#103 Post by Flash »

Cimarron, thanks, that one works. :)

666philb, the link to the .pet in your first post also gives me a 404 error.

666philb

#104 Post by 666philb »

Flash wrote:Cimarron, thanks, that one works. :)

666philb, the link to the .pet in your first post also gives me a 404 error.
thanks ...fixed

Moat

#105 Post by Moat »

Flash wrote:Cimarron, thanks, that one works. :)
+1 Thanks, Cimarron!

Sorry 'bout that, Flash - thought it was a good link, when I posted... :oops:

Bob

8Geee

#106 Post by 8Geee »

Can I get an md5 sum forPM25.3.0... I'm getting 28.7Mb as size from pet.

I converted to tar gz to take a peek inside. It looks to be 61-62 Mb? I see it installs to /usr which is OK since for module purpose FF27 is dumped in root.

Currently using FF27 with privacy tweaks and addons for my two slacko-5.7- nonpae derivatives. FF27 is rather slow and stutters when opening, but 'seems' OK once going. To compare, FF27 usually inflates to 76Mb.
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

OscarTalks

#107 Post by OscarTalks »

8Geee wrote:Can I get an md5 sum forPM25.3.0... I'm getting 28.7Mb as size from pet.

I converted to tar gz to take a peek inside. It looks to be 61-62 Mb? I see it installs to /usr which is OK since for module purpose FF27 is dumped in root.

Currently using FF27 with privacy tweaks and addons for my two slacko-5.7- nonpae derivatives. FF27 is rather slow and stutters when opening, but 'seems' OK once going. To compare, FF27 usually inflates to 76Mb.
Okay, Thanks to 666philb for reporting that the updater/installer wasn't working with these packages. This may perhaps be because the updater needs to find the palemoon browser installed in /opt so I have tried moving it there instead of /usr/lib

I have included the updater which can be called from terminal with "pminstaller.sh" (without the quotes) but would people like a separate menu entry for it as I don't see any way to open it from the browser itself? (EDIT:- I see that this is what 666philb has done with his package - users may prefer to install his and then run the updater). I don't know if my palemoon package will now complete an update because at the moment I just get the message that the installed version is up-to-date. The other way of approaching this is to regard it as a package which is not auto-update enabled and so just look out for future versions and then update by uninstalling the old and installing the new using the conventional Puppy methods.

The md5sums of the packages are now:-
.pet = 076869fe9731997b6bced9eab21637a3
.sfs = d603734ed7efdf54fc182a42151dbfac

The profile data will still be created and stored under /root unless perhaps you use the -profile argument and specify another path such as somewhere under /mnt/home in order not to use up save-file space. I am using a script in /usr/bin to launch so you could easily edit that if you want to.

LATER EDIT:- Testing with 666philb's package it looks like running the updater does re-install the symlink in /usr/bin which was one of my concerns as it will overwrite the script which I prefer to use. Can anyone think of any advantages of using a symlink?
Oscar in England

Mayou

Video Flashplayer replaced by add on No Flash

#108 Post by Mayou »

Video Flashplayer replaced by add on No Flash. tested Ok you tube (Triton 5.7.3)
Attachments
noflash.jpg
Palemoon 24.4.2 sfs loaded on the fly.
(32.4 KiB) Downloaded 794 times

XP Refugee

thai script fonts

#109 Post by XP Refugee »

now if someone could tell me how to get Pale Moon to display Thai. I've installed about ever font package in PPM, no go. I HAD it working a year ago in my LXPup's but they mysteriously all developed faults failures or gremlins so I wiped em and started over.

I'm done in by this at this point, googled til my brain went blue screen.

I'd REALLY appreciate it.

caiosama

#110 Post by caiosama »

In Precise i had a problem with Palemoon

After i fulled my RAM (as a Live USB), reboot, and now Palemoon at start says:
Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features.
It says i dont have the PSM (Personal Security Manager)....i uninstalled/reinstalled but this does not solve the problem :/

I can navigate in various sites, but in the Google-Facebook-Outlook things, says the PSM thing.

Dont know if is the flashplayer the problem, i updated with the getflash on Puppy, and later this error come across.
[i]Pupjibaro 1.0.4 2015 / LxpupTahr 15.05.2 - Live USB - Dell D630
Precise 5.7.1 - Full installation - Asus EeePC 701 4G (2 GB RAM)
Carolina Vanguard Frugal /Arch Linux Antergos - Lenovo G4070[/i]