Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 24 May 2017, 04:21
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
palemoon browser
Page 25 of 28 [408 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 Next
jss83

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 00:09    Post subject:  

@Semme, yes sir it's 32 bit computer.
@bigpup, the same key works everywhere else, ctrl+a works on geany, abiword, etc. Also, if the ctrl key wasn't working, then it would just type aaaa not send the cursor back to the beginning of the line.
But I tried what you suggested with the right ctrl key, it still does the same thing.

I think I'll just let it go, since it is not such a big deal, until it starts bothering me and then I'll just re-install puppy again.

Thank you guys for trying to help. Smile
Semme

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 00:16    Post subject:  

"Localization" equals language. Which one are you using?
jss83

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 00:31    Post subject:  

You mean main language? en_US English, USA
scr2.png
 Description   en_US English, USA
 Filesize   74.04 KB
 Viewed   528 Time(s)

scr2.png

Semme

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 00:36    Post subject:  

Then I wonder if it has to do with that theme Ttuuxxx made for you?

In other words, swap over to a standard theme and retry the shortcut.
jss83

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 00:53    Post subject:  It's done!
Subject description: SOLVED

He just made a sweet icon theme but I reverted the whole theme to default and magically it started working. But it couldn't have been the icon theme, so I changed the icon theme back again to tuxx's and tested it, it still worked.

So I changed the JWM theme to Win 95 it still worked.. But then.. I changed the GTK theme to Emacs and I found the culprit lol.

Don't know what it does but after changing to Emacs GTK theme, the ctrl+a key sends the cursor to back of line in palemoon, though it works fine everywhere else. Very Happy So now I am using flat-grey-rounded* instead, it has almost the same look and the ctrl+a key works. In fact Raleigh is even nicer.

Thank you so much Semme, you just don't give up. Smile
XP Refugee

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 02:52    Post subject: Re: palemoon, adios  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
XP Refugee wrote:
I've had to switch to Firefox as Palemoon just will not open Messenger on Facebook anymore. Seems they've made changes to it that did this. I have to use FB messenger to chat with a girlfriend. If it were up to me I'd have stuck with yahoo, but their messenger turned into a stinking mess years ago.
I have 2 old Netbooks (well, one is barely used actually) and have settled on 15.6. Was traveling out of country when this started, luckily at the end of the trip.

I noticed that too, and sometimes when you click on an image the browser goes into an endless loop repeating the same 3 things over and over. Both issues are also in the original Firefox 24, I guess Facebook doesn't test their site on older versions of browsers. I would report it in the Pale Moon forum (unless someone else has) and give them time to sort this problem out as it's Facebook's fault. You can also use m.facebook.com or iphone.facebook.com in your browser to talk to your girlfriend. Smile

this worked until yesterday. Now it displays with the chat in a two inch band in the center with about 4 inches on either side being the names list and options, etc. I am 100% convinced FB and other big shots do not CARE about people who don't have the money to stay up to date with their computers. As seems to be the case with MOST of U$A business. Thank god for WalMart huh.
XP Refugee

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 02:57    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
@XP Refugee: 27.0.3 was released December 16th. I guess the fix will be in whatever version they upload next (27.1 ?).

I've tried installing that twice and each time there was NO ADDRESS BOX. Now how in the hell can you use a browser with no line box to type an URL into? I'm afraid PaleMoon is dead to me for sure.
Luckily Opera (who I gave up on eons ago on Windows puters) has a nice FAST new offering and FB offers a "stand alone" "program" that only opens Messenger in a nice, usable look. Only for 7 and above tho, so my XP lappie is still being problematic save for the Opera on that also.
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 09:53    Post subject:  

XP Refugee wrote:
I've tried installing that twice and each time there was NO ADDRESS BOX. Now how in the hell can you use a browser with no line box to type an URL into? I'm afraid PaleMoon is dead to me for sure.

You have probably just ended up with your address bar removed from your toolbar somehow and this is stored in your profile. Right-click the toolbar and select "Customize". You will probably find it is there in the window of available tools and buttons. Just drag it back out onto your toolbar.

XP Refugee

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 15:48    Post subject:  

Might be, but this last time I looked there and did not see it, tho it may be there in text only, no actual box. Time may come I'll have to. They keep messing with the web and forcing obsolescence I'll just learn to live without FB and YouTube (no sound in FF Light).
bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 19:14    Post subject:  

Did you try with a fresh profile? the address bar shows up fine here.
What consenting adults do in their bedroom is none of your business so if you think there is something wrong with homosexuality and your bothered by it, then you're an idiot who needs to mind their own business.
XP Refugee

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 21:09    Post subject:  

hmmm, I'll tinker with that on one of my other pups. Could be some incompatibility goin on, yeah. Good tip.
Walter Dnes

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar 2017, 20:11    Post subject:  

Pale Moon version 27.1.2, a minor update is available for downloading. It should prevent hangs on media-heavy sites. See https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15007 The download URL is ftp://contrib:get@ftp.palemoon.org/SSE-Linux/palemoon-27.1.2SSE.linux-i686.tar.bz2

Since this is not a mainstream build, it has to be installed manually. See the first post in thread https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13530 for install instructions.
Pelo

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar 2017, 14:33    Post subject: people have problems to update Palemoon with Tharpup  

people have problems to update palemoon with Tharpup in France, ici, but not only.
Any idea Why ?

666philb

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar 2017, 14:58    Post subject: Re: people have problems to update Palemoon with Tharpup  

Pelo wrote:
people have problems to update palemoon with Tharpup in France, ici, but not only.
Any idea Why ?

the palemoon updater script was updated to 0.2.2 and the older script no longer works
the script is updated to the latest in tahrpup (presuming you've installed quickpet updates)

script here https://linux.palemoon.org/download/installer/

Walter Dnes

PostPosted: Sat 18 Mar 2017, 21:25    Post subject: Pale Moon v27.2.0 SSE build available  

Pale Moon version 27.2.0 SSE build is available for downloading. This is a major update to the browser with a focus on back-end improvements and security. See Pale Moon forum post https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15169 for details. The download URL is ftp://contrib:get@ftp.palemoon.org/SSE-Linux/palemoon-27.2.0SSE.linux-i686.tar.bz2

Since this is not a mainstream build, it has to be installed manually. See the first post in thread https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13530 for install instructions.

Last edited by Walter Dnes on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 07:13; edited 1 time in total
Page 25 of 28 [408 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: