Check out my YouTube video on how to make a Puppy live CD!

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
jhecht

Check out my YouTube video on how to make a Puppy live CD!

#1 Post by jhecht »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rza1UbS4VyE

Please look at my video? If you think it's good, please add a comment?
-----------------------------------------
Published on Apr 28, 2014

This video shows how to make a bootable CD using Puppy Linux. You can boot directly from the CD to rescue data, test a computer, and work faster than you dreamed possible - Linux is very fast! It's also one of the most virus resistant operating systems...

You can also use the CD to replace obsolete operating systems, like Windows XP, Vista, or Win 98. And the computers you install Puppy Linux to will be faster than you've ever seen them work.

This is the first of three tutorials I will upload in the near future. The first - this one - shows how to make the CD. The second one shows how to use it as a 'live CD' - booting from the disk, and not installing it. The third tutorial will show how to install Puppy Linux on a computer.

For more information about Puppy, please visit the Puppy website at http://puppylinux.com/. Or Google 'Puppy Linux' and explore the many sites dedicated to this lovely operating system.

Puppy is an 'amateur' operating system - it is coded and maintained by the Puppy Linux community. It is free and legal. Forever.

Puppy is not a 'professional' or commercial operating system. But amateur comes from the Latin 'amo' - love. An amateur is someone who does it out of love, from the heart. A professional is someone who does it for money... Which one do you think will be motivated to do a better job?

If any of you have questions, please email me at: jhecht@ix.netcom.com. Enjoy!
John Hechtman / www.zenarrow.com / jhecht@ix.netcom.com
"Computer help in NYC" / 917 628 0192 - cell / 212 586 4633 - landline

Pelo

You tube video

#2 Post by Pelo »

You tube video. Well yr english is slow and clear enough so we understand what you are saying. It's a good job ! not like Sneeky linux with texan accent and marbles in the mouth.
Cependant, des videos en français seraient le must !
Merci (I shall sustain all modern supports).

jhecht

Re: You tube video

#3 Post by jhecht »

Pelo wrote:You tube video. Well yr english is slow and clear enough so we understand what you are saying. It's a good job ! not like Sneeky linux with texan accent and marbles in the mouth.
Cependant, des videos en français seraient le must !
Merci (I shall sustain all modern supports).
Thanks Pelo! :) I used to be an audio engineer, and learned to speak well by working with hundreds of professional announcers. When I made the video, I took extra care to synchronize the slide display time with what I was saying, and to speak slowly, >at a rate that made things easy to understand!< I found that I had to slow down at least 20% from my normal speaking speed to do this.

Your French phrase was translated by Google as: "However, the videos must be in French!" I'd love that, but neither speak nor write French.

However, I am releasing this (and future) video(s) as freeware. You are hereby authorized, as a fellow Puppy Linux user, to create a French version, as well as versions in any other language. I only ask that your translations remain faithful to the original English, both in content, and style. I attempted to speak as if the listener was standing next to me. I ask only that you do the same. Bonne chance!
John Hechtman / www.zenarrow.com / jhecht@ix.netcom.com
"Computer help in NYC" / 917 628 0192 - cell / 212 586 4633 - landline

rokytnji

#4 Post by rokytnji »

Left a comment at the video.

@Pelo. Sneeky aint Texan.

I am. We use chewing tobacco in our mouths when we talk. Not marbles.
:lol:

bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

Very good job.

When you talk about installing. You say install to replace Windows.
That is probably the last type install anyone does with Puppy.
95% of people duel boot Puppy and Windows.
Install Puppy:
Frugal to the same partition Windows is on.
Full or frugal to a separate partition.
Just run from the live CD and save to the hard drive.

Your install statement makes it sound like the only install option is to delete Windows and install Puppy.

Another good video would be on how to make a Live Puppy USB flash drive.

Thanks for the video!!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)