Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:47
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Graphics
Comics reader sfs
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
xmf-149

PostPosted: Tue 15 Apr 2014, 21:22    Post_subject:  Comics reader sfs  

download link
i am using Precise but this might work on other pups
i wanted to try mcomix so i found all the dependencies, 5 python packages that are not default in precise. note you will need the devx sfs. i put them into an sfs because i dont know how often i will use them, the names can be found by looking at /usr/share/doc .i just extracted it so run using /usr/local/mcomix-1.00/mcomixstarter.py .i might make more using some other comic readers or add to this one. note the windows package already includes all the dependencies so now here is one for linux why not. i also added GL Manga Reader because it is self contained and worked right away. it is much larger that the other one since it uses Qt-core but i decided to include it anyway for variety. as a result it is now too big to upload to this forum so click the link above

this was also a test of making an sfs for me. (i used the mksquashfs options no-duplicates no-sparse and keep-as-directory with version 4.) i encountered a bug which i believe i have seen before while repackaging this, so i will try to recreate it. ok, if you separately install the python-cairo package, then use the package manager to uninstall it, then use shinobar sfs_load to load the sfs file, some of the files which have just been deleted will not be unpackaged from the sfs where they are. this will fully break one of the applications.restarting will fix it of course. naturally this must mean the files aren't really deleted and are on a higher layer but can't be found. reading /usr/local/petget/removepreview.sh it is apparent that this problem has been reported and not fixed. the other file is sfs_load something to do with clearwhite.

because of this i also tried loading the sfs at boot and everything functions. when doing this however my desktop icons were rearranged which is a separate problem discussed here.
after having the icons rearranged there is two files in /tmp ,PuppyPinTmp which is referenced in rc.update and PuppyPin-CPY which is referenced in rc.sysinit .there is definitely still a problem here on precise, but it has also been reported
there are also the following scripts which might do something: clean_desk_icons, fixdesk, and fixPuppyPin. i might look into this further.

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Graphics
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum