Dlink wireless router issue (Solved)

k7ilo

Dlink wireless router issue (Solved)

#1 Post by k7ilo »

Hello gang. I have looked and looked via Google with search words that I thought was close to my issue but still hadnt found anything on my issue so here it goes.

I installed a wifi adapter and got working just fine as far as being able to surf the internet. I can also ping my main router and websites on the internet. I cannot ping other computers on my network nor can I access services running on my version of Puppy.

Here's the other part.

I can do all of the above things using my RJ45 hardline connection without any problems. This is setup with a static ip address assigned to the wifi and hardline connections, 1 at a time of course.

I assume this would be some sort of firewall issue so I have modified my rc.local file to not start the firewall at bootup and it still does not work.
I use the same static ip address for both the hardline and wifi but remember, 1 at a time.

Where do I need to check to make this all work for me. I need the machine to be remote but connected to the internet via wifi and have the services reachable.
Oh yeah, this is using the latest version of Slacko Puppy Linux.

Thanks all

Kilo

k7ilo

WIFI and Ethernet firewall issue (SOLVED)

#2 Post by k7ilo »

Well the problem was not the firewall or even Puppy. I found a function, which I had never heard of, called WLAN Partition which stops communications between computers on the network. This is on my Dlink router.

Kilo