SMplayer-14.9.0-i686 And SMtube-14.8.0-i686

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
scabz

#16 Post by scabz »

Billtoo does unicornpup have qt builtin or did you have to use the pets with static qt builtin.

in my tahrpup repo i have both static and shared pets and is why i ask, the static pets have a "s" after the version number.

Billtoo

#17 Post by Billtoo »

scabz wrote:Billtoo does unicornpup have qt builtin or did you have to use the pets with static qt builtin.

in my tahrpup repo i have both static and shared pets and is why i ask, the static pets have a "s" after the version number.
I installed kdegames in unicornpup and qt is one of it's dependencies, also installed vlc.

ninotix

#18 Post by ninotix »

There is new edition of Smtube released,all other version prior to 15.5.10 are obsolete

https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/ubu ... es_filter=

Argolance

#19 Post by Argolance »

DEPRECATED

Mike Walsh

#20 Post by Mike Walsh »

Thanks for this, scabz.

Works perfectly in Slacko 5.7.0, running on a 2005 Compaq Presario desktop, using:-

MSI MS-7814 Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
3 GB RAM
WD 160 GB HDD
ATI Radeon Xpress 200G on-board graphics

And this is despite the 'official' MPlayer2 from the repos not being available any longer ( as chillinfart pointed out). I get the same thing, but I'm guessing I must have the necessary dependencies already installed with some of my other multimedia stuff...

Cheers!

Regards,

Mike. :D

sindi

smtube on a pentium III in Tahr 6.0.3

#21 Post by sindi »

I downloaded and installed the Ubuntu Precise smtube 15.15, and it wanted two libraries so I also installed the much larger packages libQtGui.so.4 and libQtWebkit.
vlc is the default media player. It plays mp3 okay. smtube segfaults. I added an mplayer with P3 support (uclibc, from 2005) and smtube still segfaults.
I type 'smtube' in a terminal (urxvt). What did I do wrong? Should I try in Slacko instead?

To get smplayer/smtube to work in XP on this computer I needed to use a version of smplayer .6994 instead of .7014. Someone in Argentina figured it out
on his 450MHz. My laptop is 1GHz Pentium 3 with 512MB. XP plays youtube very nicely with smplayer (360p or maybe greater), and not so well in a browser.
Opera plays Youtube at 240p in linux somewhat jerkily. I used the latest smtube for XP. And the only Ubuntu version of smtube I could find.
The Tahr link redirects to the Precise version.

Griot

#22 Post by Griot »

Hi, folks.

For those interested in using SMplayer & SMtube on older puplets
(e.g. updated Sulu2) this version provided by ninotix,
works like a charm. No extra libs & things (well, just stripped QT.pet)
for Sulu2 (updated version from 6/2015) and Slacko 5.7
(one with non-pae kernel - QT from this repo ).

You'll need CA certificates to run it. Get them from the 1st post
of this thread.

Cheers!

Pelo

SMplayer ok, not SMtube

#23 Post by Pelo »

SMplayer ok, SMtube requires libs.. yet installed.
Griot, that is what a french You Tube lover is searching, i give him the link.
If brand new versions of Puppy Linux get you some nervous breakdown, use Wary 511 media, nice distro, full featured for movie and music pleasure.
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 10 May 2017, 07:38, edited 4 times in total.

Griot

#24 Post by Griot »

I'm glad you find it useful & I'm sorry for the late response, Pelo.
Cheers!

Pelo

only a flash when reading a piece of music.

#25 Post by Pelo »

2016 versions here
SMplayer-14.9.0-i686 is enough for me (Tahrpup 6.0.2) unless i am explained why newer versions are better. This version does not work With Puppy tahrbang.. only a flash when reading a piece of music.. some setting to do ?
Mplayer is not installed in Tahrpup, that could be the reason.
Sindi tried and failled : I added an mplayer with P3 support (uclibc, from 2005) and smtube still segfaults
What is the diagnostic of tahrpup forum ?
Attachments
mini.png
parfait. perfecto (Puppy de Roma) merci scabz
(28.61 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 15 Aug 2017, 01:58, edited 3 times in total.

sindi

smtube works in lupu 5.2.8.6 and 5.4.0

#26 Post by sindi »

The mplayer that comes with lupu works fine with smtube on my 2008 Acer 1.6GHz netbook.

smtube works in thinslacko 5.5 with the mplayer2 suggested in the barebones puppy forum (9MB few dependencies).

I just set up a 500MHz PIII 256MB laptop with lupumini 5.2.8.6 (designed to load into 256MB RAM) and smtube. Works well.

Can it be made to play at 480p? It plays 240p when set to 480p though 360p and 720p work properly.

Opera 12.16 will play many Youtube videos with torrent-based P2P Youtube (which uses libvlc not flash).. Flash/Youtube no longer works for me with Opera 12.

To play 360p video opera used 24% of 1.6GHz and 9% of 1.5GB RAM. Plus what X and misc used. I have not tried on the 256 MB RAM computer but the 500MHz cpu should handle it.

smtube uses a bit less RAM and a lot less CPU (7-8% of each).

mplayer works in fb mode but smtube does not.

youtube-dl no longer works on a lot of youtube videos.

Pelo

SMplayer on use with Tahrbang

#27 Post by Pelo »

SMplayer on use with PuppyBang. Caution Audio preferences were set to Pulse, change them to Alsa PuppyBang feed back
Newer versions are available section 'multimedia' if you need them to update version installed in your Puppy.
Attachments
Pulse.jpg
ah, here was the solution
(53.08 KiB) Downloaded 433 times

Mike Walsh

#28 Post by Mike Walsh »

I've made a pleasant discovery this evening. I tried installing SMPlayer from the Xenialpup repo , only to be told the installation had failed.....because one of the dependencies required was from the 'Precise' repo (which has now been taken off-line, of course, with Precise having gone EOL.)

????? :roll:

I've used Scabz's 14.9.0 in several Puppies, and it's absolutely solid; it just works with all of 'em. I'd already installed MPlayer from the repo first ('cos it's, like, a dependency, y'know?), then decided to give 'Old faithful' a try in Xenialpup. And whadd'ya know?

It fired straight up; and still works flawlessly; several 'buntu generations later. And I find myself agreeing with Pelo; it may be an older version, but since it does everything I want it to, and with no fuss into the bargain, why do I need a newer one?

Thanks again, scabz!

Mike. :wink:

Pelo

erratum : VLC 2.1.4 available as media player..

#29 Post by Pelo »

Precise is not end of life, Xenial is not yet born.. Here is my opinion.
Precise is no longer supported by Ubuntu technical staff (gone away) but you get assistance by Ubuntu users in the Ubuntu forum.
No need of Smplayer as Gnome-mplayer available in all precise Puppies.
In fact there are no Xenial apps.. Excepted some developed by Ubuntu users
(that we could call pets)..
So i am not surprised you are required to load dependencies from Precise.
I am with x-upup tarh 6.0.2 italian puplet. It has no media player included..
Smplayer : feed back about install soon (pets scabz) Mplayer is 13MB .. !!! Damned choice since Tharpup.. Mplayer is needed everywhere.

erratum : VLC 2.1.4 available as media player.. audio to be set correctly.. Poor users.. We loose so much time to get music played. VLC for Puppy should be set for Puppy in the ISO. That is a chance that i learnt English at School. I will browse the VLC topics. No English, no Puppies.
Attachments
italian upup.jpg
Yes !
(59.88 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

Mayou

searching for SMtube, even old version

#30 Post by Mayou »

searching for SMtube, even old version. Multimedia store for ToOpPy Fr only has Smplayer available for download.
Attachments
tooppy.jpg
No SMtube
(35.35 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

Mayou

Google Drive repository TooPpY

#31 Post by Mayou »

For Precise 5.5 , 5.6.1 , 5.7.1 and Slacko 5.7.0
smplayer-14.9.0-s-i686.pet Download
smtube-14.8.0-s-i686.pet Download Requires ca-certificates_20140223_all.pet Download
Grateful
Gracias Ricardo.
Google Drive Toupie 2.1
Attachments
SMtube.jpg
old but enough for MP4 from You Tube.
(31.33 KiB) Downloaded 159 times