Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 18 Sep 2014, 07:42
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Security
Report: Malware-infected Android apps spike in the Google Pl
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
James C

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr 2014, 17:06    Post subject:  Report: Malware-infected Android apps spike in the Google Pl  

Report: Malware-infected Android apps spike in the Google Play store.

http://www.greenbot.com/article/2099421/report-malwareinfected-android-apps-spike-in-the-google-play-store.html

Quote:
The number of mobile apps infected with malware in Google’s Play store nearly quadrupled between 2011 and 2013, a security group has reported.

In 2011, there were approximately 11,000 apps in Google’s mobile marketplace that contained malicious software capable of stealing people’s data and committing fraud, according to the results of a study published Wednesday by RiskIQ, an online security services company. By 2013, more than 42,000 apps in Google’s store contained spyware and information-stealing Trojan programs, researchers said.
slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 13:22    Post subject:  

That's interesting but this article is poorly written. It is based purely on numbers and not on percentage of total apps, which have clearly skyrocketed in the past 3 years, as well. I tried to do a quick web-search to determine the app. increase but couldn't quickly locate numbers.

I get the point, however. There are infected apps out there and the numbers are growing.

I try to stay diligent when looking at the app permissions, as well. It's amazing how many want your personal information, contact information of others you know (i.e. scraping your gmail contacts), etc. I try to stay away from those but more and more apps. are seeking this info. Who knows if they are sticking within those permission guidelines, anyway...
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Security
Jump to: