Nathive - image editor

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
robwoj44

Nathive - image editor

#1 Post by robwoj44 »

http://www.nathive.org/
Nathive is a libre software image editor, similar to Adobe Photoshop, Corel Photo-Paint or GIMP, but focused on usability, logic and providing a smooth learning curve for everyone. The project runs in the GNOME desktop environment and anyone is welcome to collaborate on it with code, translations or ideas.
This project is in beta phase, so it is an incomplete work, unfit for the end user yet. Until now the development was focused in laying down the application core and create easy dev tools, so for now we will focus on create new plugins, because there are obvious lacks yet.
The intention is to achieve a professional image editor progressively without giving up initial usability. Nathive is written from scratch in Python using GTK+, and is designed to be simple, lightweight, and easy to install and use.
Compiled in racy 5.5 against python 2.6

The dependencies:
Python from devx_racy_5.5.sfs
Attachments
nathive-0.924.pet
Nathive
(136.52 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Pelo

Bookmarked

#2 Post by Pelo »

Bookmarked. I will try it, for me and my friends using Puppy Linux as OS to work on their pictures.
Now i am training myself with Lazpaint.
" My name is Marcos Diaz, I was born in 1985 in Spain, I'm a libre knowledge hacktivist, autodidact... but I simply started the project, there are more people contributing, community grows and the project continues to make progress towards our goals." Gracias Marcos. We need applications to run with our Puppy Linux OS. European teams do their best to satisfy us. :)
Attachments
nathive.jpg
Python ! my god....
(47.28 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Bourbons.jpg
Black and white postcard being colourized
(85.82 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Pelo

I will try with my Racy 5.5.

#3 Post by Pelo »

I will try with my Racy 5.5... I think it will be the only Puppy Linux which will run it.. Failed with XenialDOG