How to connect tp-link usb adapter

kevsosm00th

How to connect tp-link usb adapter

#1 Post by kevsosm00th »

Hi all and thanks for reading this topic hopefully someone can give me information on how to go about this problem

I have a tp-link model:TL-WN822N running on latest version of slacko I believe that is 5.7 it the latest one anyways

I can connect using ethernet port but once I connect wifi usb adapter it does not see it even If I try to load some modules and use NDISwrapper because I do have the cd that game with the wifi adapter, still nothing.

Does this wifi adapter even work with my old laptop or this kernel 3.4 I believe

I like slacko on this laptop because it runs smoothe and alothugh sometimes it crashes becuase I have a old laptop with 384 mb of ram and 20gb hdd but I doubt that it was maken me crash

any ideas what i can do with the wifi adapter?

thanks in return.

quick edit i am going to update from non pae to pae might work someone says it has for them worth a shot

ardvark

Re: How to connect tp-link usb adapter

#2 Post by ardvark »

kevsosm00th wrote:any ideas what i can do with the wifi adapter?
Hmmm, a TP's Link is perforated at best, perhaps purchasing a brand that offers higher quality? :wink:

Seriously though, I would need some additional information. As you can see here, your adapter comes in three versions. I would need to know which one. So can you give us the version number (somewhere on your adapter it should say somewhere v1, v2 or v3,) and the output of...

Code: Select all

lsusb
To do this, open a terminal, type in this command, hit enter and copy and paste the information into your next post. Installing Sakura from the Puppy Package Manager might make this easier. :)

Also, let us know if the PAE version solves the problem.

Thanks and welcome to the forums!
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

kevsosm00th

Re: How to connect tp-link usb adapter

#3 Post by kevsosm00th »

ardvark wrote:
kevsosm00th wrote:any ideas what i can do with the wifi adapter?
Hmmm, a TP's Link is perforated at best, perhaps purchasing a brand that offers higher quality? :wink:

Seriously though, I would need some additional information. As you can see here, your adapter comes in three versions. I would need to know which one. So can you give us the version number (somewhere on your adapter it should say somewhere v1, v2 or v3,) and the output of...

Code: Select all

lsusb
To do this, open a terminal, type in this command, hit enter and copy and paste the information into your next post. Installing Sakura from the Puppy Package Manager might make this easier. :)

Also, let us know if the PAE version solves the problem.

Thanks and welcome to the forums!
the PAE version of slacko solved the problem but not really as well because when i boot up it does not load all the icons and stuff i dont think pae version is compatible with this verison sadly last thing i am going to do is try pae of puppy linux and i have 3.0 adapter sorry not to say but i ll look around for adapters that work for this

ardvark

#4 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

That's fine, let us know how it turns out. :wink:

Regards...