Arc Touch Mouse Working

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
NickAu

Arc Touch Mouse Working

#1 Post by NickAu »

I just got 1 and decided to try it on my pup. You bend it to make it work then straighten it to turn off.

“The Arc Touch is a great combination of design, features, performance and functionality. If you are at all in the market for your next wireless mouse, then you should definitely give the Arc Touch a closer look."

- Nate Swetland, Benchmark Reviews
Windows requires 150 mb of disc space to install the drivers.

Its plug n play on puppy 5.7.1. Everything works well.

This thing is cool .... Yes Yes Bill is now 80 bucks richer because of me.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-au ... ouch-mouse

Next on the list is the keyboard.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-au/p/arc-keyboard
Attachments
images.jpeg
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Last edited by NickAu on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Precise Puppy 5.7.1 Retro Fatty Edition. Hp Compaq 2510p 2x Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Cpu U7700@ 1.33 ghz,2 gig ram Booting from 8 gig micro USB + 32 gig SD card instead of HDD[/b]

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

How does it interface with the PC? Does it have a usb style dongle?

NickAu

#3 Post by NickAu »

greengeek wrote:How does it interface with the PC? Does it have a usb style dongle?
Yes Its just a wireless mouse, other than the fancy look and the bendy bit it has a touch sensor for the scroll.

Arc Touch on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/shP_Bs2q6KQ

Funny thing is when I went to install Microsoft Arc Touch mouse on Windows, Guess what Windows first had to detect it and install the drivers. This was easy as turn on the mouse plug the USB dongle in Windows did the rest in about 2 minutes.

Plugged it into puppy and everything just worked.
[b]Precise Puppy 5.7.1 Retro Fatty Edition. Hp Compaq 2510p 2x Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Cpu U7700@ 1.33 ghz,2 gig ram Booting from 8 gig micro USB + 32 gig SD card instead of HDD[/b]

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

Which version or versions of puppy have you tried it with so far? I'd be keen to know if it is common for all puppies to be able to handle this, or just some of them.

NickAu

#5 Post by NickAu »

5.7.1 retro precise fatty.
Simplicity 14
LxPup14.02 .